IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

#freekatie

She probably even didn’t have a say how soon Travis would propose. Maybe she would have preferred a longer courtship so she could have lived with her family a bit longer. This is so cruel.

• Upvote 7

I know their beliefs are very concerning to a lot of us, but geez, this just takes it to another level. I don’t know anyone who would consider this behaviour normal or appropriate. I’m not easily disturbed but gosh, that’s some awful stuff and seriously brings into question their morals and whether there is some deeper abuse going on that’s accepted as “normal”. And why tf is the mom and other family members standing around laughing?? If that was my husband (or any family member), I’d be screaming at them to stop!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Keys said:

I know their beliefs are very concerning to a lot of us, but geez, this just takes it to another level. I don’t know anyone who would consider this behaviour normal or appropriate. I’m not easily disturbed but gosh, that’s some awful stuff and seriously brings into question their morals and whether there is some deeper abuse going on that’s accepted as “normal”. And why tf is the mom and other family members standing around laughing?? If that was my husband (or any family member), I’d be screaming at them to stop!

They probably just attribute it to "boys being boys". Barf.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always hope for boys to be born but now I’m hoping they are girls. They might avoid the beatings that they pretend are fun.

I agree. Maybe in this family, the kids are better off being girls. They won't be forced into this macho beatings bullshit. 

What a psycho family. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

#freekatie

She probably even didn’t have a say how soon Travis would propose. Maybe she would have preferred a longer courtship so she could have lived with her family a bit longer. This is so cruel.

We know she’s homesick as hell and part of that might be living under the thumb of the Clarks.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Keys said:

Wtf?! That was seriously disturbing and so wrong. 

I agree. It's sick. The older men are clearly trying to show they still "have it." In the video with the belts, notice how Travis does not really try to hit Grandpa. He is just dodging and defending himself.

It's clear that Travis has been raised to fear/respect his elders, and can't bring himself to fully fight with his grandfather. It's too bad. That old guy is clearly enjoying his belief that he's tougher than a healthy young man.

I'd love to see Travis smack grandpa in the face with that belt. That would shut the whole thing down. Maybe someday Travis will get fed up enough to do so, but for the moment I don't think he can conceive of such a thing.

Travis can't help but have issues. Katie has issues. They both need to work through these issues, but they're in an environment that denies they exist. This may be the first Bates divorce.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

What on earth???  Who the hell thinks that is okay, much less put it out on the internet for all to see?  I've never been into this family, just wandered in here, gonna nope on out of here now.  Holy crap.  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And they're young for father and grandfather. They'll be around for a while.

I don’t want to sound too mean or spiteful, but the first word that came to mind when reading your comment was: unfortunately. 

Yes, I’m very concerned for Travis and Katie’s children. And for Katie cause that’s apparently how her husband knows love is shown within the family. Also, poor Travis, likely victimized and abused his whole life. Oh my God… this is real disturbing and sad. I hope they both can find healing and freedom. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 19

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I agree. It's sick. The older men are clearly trying to show they still "have it." In the video with the belts, notice how Travis does not really try to hit Grandpa. He is just dodging and defending himself.

It's clear that Travis has been raised to fear/respect his elders, and can't bring himself to fully fight with his grandfather. It's too bad. That old guy is clearly enjoying his belief that he's tougher than a healthy young man.

I'd love to see Travis smack grandpa in the face with that belt. That would shut the whole thing down. Maybe someday Travis will get fed up enough to do so, but for the moment I don't think he can conceive of such a thing.

Travis can't help but have issues. Katie has issues. They both need to work through these issues, but they're in an environment that denies they exist. This may be the first Bates divorce.

What will Travis do when his own father starts hitting his kids? Will he just let him? Because he’s afraid of his own father? What a sad thought. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I personally didn’t watch the video.  Katie is too young.  She will copy her sisters and pop out babies.  That’s normal in their world.  Then she will make cute videos of her infant like her sisters.  It’s a never ending cycle.  At some point, these girls should realize this isn’t normal.  But you have Erin, addicted to having babies. It’s what they were taught.  (Just naming her) I could name others. 

Gil & Kelly beat all of the spunk out of them.  Brainwashing at the best.  Having that many kids & not working on yourself or relationship is BAD! Kids grow up. Then you’re left with the hef that knocked you up multiple times. And that’s a life?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Where were these posted? Somewhere with comments? I’d be very curious to know what their “fans” think… if they think it’s funny or if they call them out for being horribly inappropriate. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Keys said:

Where were these posted? Somewhere with comments? I’d be very curious to know what their “fans” think… if they think it’s funny or if they call them out for being horribly inappropriate. 

They were posted on twitter a few years back by Mr. Clark, I think. Some redditor found them. I guess Mr. Clark wants to show everyone how macho he is, and how weak and small his son is. This is just the message you want to send to your 18-year old son!

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

They were posted on twitter a few years back by Mr. Clark, I think. Some redditor found them. I guess Mr. Clark wants to show everyone how macho he is, and how weak and small his son is. This is just the message you want to send to your 18-year old son!

Ohhh, gotcha! I thought they were just posted now. Doesn’t make it any less gross or wrong. 

• Upvote 5

Those videos are so, so disturbing. I'd hate to think of the abuse that took place in their house that they don't feel is safe to proudly post on the internet. 

Spoiler

The dad repeating over and over  "you're not big enough to beat your dad" 

And then singing happy birthday? Wtaf? 

The grandfather grabbing Travis round the neck being shocking. The look on his face when he throws Travis across the room is horrifying. 

I hope that these are posted absolutely EVERYWHERE so that Bates humpers cannot avoid seeing them. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been worried for Katie because the parents seem to have control over the 3 adult kids. It’s scary when there’s so much control that all three children have the exact same type of no touch courtship, the same engagement, and I think they all still live in the area as well. 

Absolutely this. There is too much parental control. It's very sinister that their children had/have identical relationships. How can they ever trust their spouses when they are literal strangers and the parents dictate EVERY move? 

Congratulations, Clark family, you just jumped right to the top of the "openly evil fundie families to watch" list. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Horrific. The throat grab was sinister. No one does that in play-wrestling. Same with weird dominant father wrestling. It gave me Toby Willis aggressive vibes. 

I hope Travis and Katie get far away and start fresh. Unpopular opinion: I don’t think it’s horrible to marry so young and inexperienced and I think it could be an positive opportunity for Katie to be away from her family. Homesickness might push her to consider new things and expose her to new people. But not if the Clark’s become her primary influence.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

It always worries me that if they think it’s acceptable to post this on social media, what could have been going on behind closed doors that isn’t being viewed by the public? 😔

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

I think the Bates' winning streak has finally run out. They were batting 1000% before this. They'd married all their girls to good, hardworking men who loved them. I'm not saying those guys were perfect (Brandon is a bit odd). I'm saying that the couples seemed happy and there seemed the potential for a good life together. (I don't follow the boys as much, so I can't comment there, though Zach's marriage seems pretty solid too).

Now their luck has run out. I dont' know what happened to the "screening" Gil was supposed to be doing. They've taken a very young, sheltered girl and allowed her to move away to what is clearly a dysfunctional and abusive family. I'm not saying Travis is abusive. He seems like a sweet kid. But he is under the control of his family, and the men of the family are abusive. There is a poster on reddit who says that Mr. Clark was seen hitting his wife in a parking lot (she said she "tripped"). And that  video says it all. When a family is so crazy that abuse leaks out in the public eye, then way worse things are happening in private.

Travis learned how to treat women from watching his dad. Even if he is not abusive, even if he loves Katie, he has undoubtedly picked up some bad behaviors ("fleas", as they are called in the mental health world). Best case scenario, he'll need to unlearn those. 

How are those two kids paying their bills, anyhow? Do the older Clarks pay for everything? If so, when the older Clarks say "come to dinner Tuesday", Katie and Travis will have to come. They won't have the autonomy and independence young couples need to have. I seem to remember Travis is majoring in something like "music ministry"? Most likely, he is taking the easy way out and planning to work at his parents' school. There aren't a ton of other choices for a "music ministry" major. That will make them more dependent. 

Gil and Kelly should have nipped this one in the bud. Didn't they look at Papa Clark's twitter? They could've found the same belt-whacking videos that everyone else did. They really didn't do their due diligence here, and I hope Katie comes home for a permanent "separation" sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, lizzybee said:

I stream the Bates' church sometimes and this weekend Gil was asking the congregation to pray for Katie because she's so homesick and that she wanted him to tell them all that she really misses them so much. Add me to the group that she was too young to ask to leave her family and live far away. Before she got married she was ALWAYS with one her sisters. To go from always with your family to never seeing them, while married to someone who isn't much more than a stranger in a lot of ways can't be a good type of shock to the system. I felt sick to my stomach watching her cry facetiming her dad on his birthday. I went to college an hour and a half away when I was 18 and was so homesick I drove home every single weekend and transferred the next year to somewhere closer. I can't imagine being permanently 10 hours away that young and not wanting to be. 

OK I don't follow so much.What kind of father would share this with a congregation?

• Upvote 2

I’m surprised Katie and Travis didn’t go to Colorado with the rest of the family. If they had a bunch of kids I would understand. Traveling by plane with as bunch of kids during a pandemic sounds awful. That’s why I understand Zach, Erin, and Alyssa wouldn’t want to go. They all have 4 or 5 kids. But Katie and Travis have 0 kids and Katie misses her family so much. You would think they would meet up with the family for vacation because of that. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

The Bates have always been awful for forcing their girls to live home until marriage and then pushing them to get married as young as possible. There is no reason to live like this in the 21st century. Most people allow their kids to grow up and hopefully don't push their kids into marriage. There are other ways for young adults to gain life experiences, see more of the world, and be exposed to new ideas and people. While a few people will chose to get married young, most people won't get married that young given a full range of options. And there's a big difference between getting married young when they have other more options versus getting married young since that's basically their only option.

The Bates believe in physical punishment so they didn't see it as a red flag. If they really valued their daughters, they would be rethinking quiverfull ideology, because most of their daughters have a clotting disorder that makes pregnancy a bigger health risk. The main things Gil and Kelly care about is that the kids stay fundie and they get more and more grandchildren. Travis's family is fundie and his family has money and that's what matters. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m surprised Katie and Travis didn’t go to Colorado with the rest of the family. If they had a bunch of kids I would understand. Traveling by plane with as bunch of kids during a pandemic sounds awful. That’s why I understand Zach, Erin, and Alyssa wouldn’t want to go. They all have 4 or 5 kids. But Katie and Travis have 0 kids and Katie misses her family so much. You would think they would meet up with the family for vacation because of that. 

Katie's best friend is visiting this week. She is also going to Tennessee in March when Carlin and the baby (and maybe for I love you day? But maybe not of they aren't filming), so it might just be too much. 

• Upvote 2

The look of rage in that grandad’s eyes was horrific. I am not a violent person normally, but I find myself fantasising about one of the younger lads snapping and giving that POS a beating. What an absolute shit that man is.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Let’s hope they move to Tennessee as soon as Travis finishes his training! When the Bates parents are preferable, you have REALLY, REALLY fucked up!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic