IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

Never mind, my question was where would they live. The family is in South Jersey, in Camden County in the Pine Barrens. 

Edited by patsymae
answered my own question
  • Upvote 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

No surprise there. She’s a child bride married to another child. She wasn’t even allowed to touch him before they married. Now she’s in a completely different state with only his family to socialize with. I’m guessing she will be visiting Tennessee as much as possible. 

I can't imagine going from being surrounded by my big loud loving family (whether I like them or not) all the time, to living only with my husband who I've never been allowed to touch before (no matter into him I am). I'm sure she enjoys being around her inlaws, but I'm sure we'll see *plenty* of Addee and Ellie in NJ over the next year or so. They also always seem to be in FL with Alyssa, haha, so it's not like Katie's behavior is unprecedented. And I'm sure we'll see Katie & Travis in TN several times over the next year as well. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Iirc all Bates girls (maybe not Alyssa) commented on how hard it was to be on their own suddenly. The quietness, being actually alone and unsupervised, no chores….. They also seem to have very little practice in running a home like we would expect (great cleaning schedule, varied and healthy diet…..) or hobbies (apart from looking good for their husbands). 
That’s obviously not that hard to get over in the big scheme of things. The internet can be your friend. But I can see how this alone would be overwhelming at first. Outside of parental control, they might just enjoy slacking off big time in the beginning but that must get boring at one point.

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Iirc all Bates girls (maybe not Alyssa) commented on how hard it was to be on their own suddenly

Definitely, Alyssa was happy to be on her own. She clearly loved the quiet life. And I think (it's just a personal opinion) she was an exception and she was ready to marry despite her age. She was also lucky because she and John seem to be a good match (I don't want to be mean, but I don't think all Bates couples are good matches).

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Definitely, Alyssa was happy to be on her own. She clearly loved the quiet life. And I think (it's just a personal opinion) she was an exception and she was ready to marry despite her age. She was also lucky because she and John seem to be a good match (I don't want to be mean, but I don't think all Bates couples are good matches).

I'm curious which ones you think are/are not good matches? I want to compare mine 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I'm curious which ones you think are/are not good matches? I want to compare mine 😂

I think Carlin and Evan are actually a good match, they have similar energy and I think they have similar goals. I know not everyone agrees but I think they are well suited. Not so sure about some of the others. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Carlin and Evan are actually a good match, they have similar energy and I think they have similar goals. I know not everyone agrees but I think they are well suited. Not so sure about some of the others. 

I think they are an obvious good match. Because they are very similar and their you are right about their goals. BUT people can/should enable each other to grow. I only see them enabling each other into curating a dramatised, Insta-perfect, sell out couple. They are probably very happy in their bubble and if that stays that way and is true for their children all is well. But I doubt it. They seem mostly very egocentric, vain and immature. And instead of giving each other new impulses they just perpetuate it. Those are not exactly qualities that will carry you through a happy long term relationship and parenthood in my opinion.

They are, to me, a great teenage love romance from a crappy, soppy YA book. One you read and instantly think the main characters are seriously lacking, the plot is boring and you pat yourself on the back that you have grown out of that shit.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 16

17 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Disclaimer: just speculation.

I think Kelton is nice to Josie and they have a good life overall, but I see him very immature and "intense" and I got the impression that Josie has to walk on eggshells when he isn't happy and can't say no. I don't think Josie was allowed to find a different suitor. She had to wait to reach certain age and then, she was expected to date him. I'm not sure she realises that, but some day, she will know it and maybe resent. Not saying their marriage is bad, just that she deserved better IMO (but he works and cooks, so probably she feels she won the lottery).

I think Katie only dated and married because all her sisters did the same, she was bored AF, wasn't allowed to be a nurse, Kelly is obsessed about marriage so she probably puts a lot of pressure in her teenager daughters etc. It is not about Travis... It is just that Katie is too young and energetic and social to be trapped in a Stepford wife life in NJ. I'm worried about her, really.

I suppose Brandon and Michaela are ok. But I have the feeling that they haven't adopted because he doesn't want kids, and that's why he allowed her to study a real degree. She sounded desperate in Chicago, all day alone in an appartment praying! If that is the case, some day, she will resent. Also, she is dull but he seems to be 999% dull... 

Tori. Well, she's rude and impatient with children. Not sure that household is a paradise. But they are private so who knows.

Lawson and Tiff. No, I'm sorry. Noooope. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Disclaimer: just speculation.

I think Kelton is nice to Josie and they have a good life overall, but I see him very immature and "intense" and I got the impression that Josie has to walk on eggshells when he isn't happy and can't say no. I don't think Josie was allowed to find a different suitor. She had to wait to reach certain age and then, she was expected to date him. I'm not sure she realises that, but some day, she will know it and maybe resent. Not saying their marriage is bad, just that she deserved better IMO (but he works and cooks, so probably she feels she won the lottery).

I think Katie only dated and married because all her sisters did the same, she was bored AF, wasn't allowed to be a nurse, Kelly is obsessed about marriage so she probably puts a lot of pressure in her teenager daughters etc. It is not about Travis... It is just that Katie is too young and energetic and social to be trapped in a Stepford wife life in NJ. I'm worried about her, really.

I suppose Brandon and Michaela are ok. But I have the feeling that they haven't adopted because he doesn't want kids, and that's why he allowed her to study a real degree. She sounded desperate in Chicago, all day alone in an appartment praying! If that is the case, some day, she will resent. Also, she is dull but he seems to be 999% dull... 

Tori. Well, she's rude and impatient with children. Not sure that household is a paradise. But they are private so who knows.

Lawson and Tiff. No, I'm sorry. Noooope. 

I agree with that list, too. And from what I've seen of Nesther, I don't think she'd give him a second look if he weren't on TV, and also, he's an asshole.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I actually think Evan has the capacity to grow into quite a responsible adult. He's working really hard at a very good trade, and putting lots of time and effort into the school side of his apprenticeship on top of the work hours. He then comes home and helps Carlin with chores, cooking, and childcare. On top of that, he participates in church activities and does their youtube channel. He seems to be financially responsible: he's very into budgeting for their family and while they're looking for a house to buy, they're clearly waiting for the right place, not the first place.

Of course, we don't know if that budgeting tips over into excessive financial control; we don't know how supportive of her job he is; we don't know what we're not shown. And obviously his Christian values are not my Christian values, and yes, he's annoying and so is Carlin. But there's also a lot of hard work and dedication going on there; he's a far better role model than some of his slacker brothers-in-law and many of the grifters and drifters this board follows.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I definitely think Lawson and Tiff are the worst match. Those two will be divorced first out of all the couples. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think Lawson and Tiff are the worst match. Those two will be divorced first out of all the couples. 

Lawson is an ill-suited marital partner by both secular and cult standards. I think his marriage would be doomed to fail with anyone. He might have a better shot at avoiding divorce with Tiffany bc she’s been groomed to tolerate all kinds of shit from a husband (see Anna Duggar), but no question he will be a crappy partner. Not josh Duggar crappy, but definitely inadequate. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Lawson is an ill-suited marital partner by both secular and cult standards. I think his marriage would be doomed to fail with anyone. He might have a better shot at avoiding divorce with Tiffany bc she’s been groomed to tolerate all kinds of shit from a husband (see Anna Duggar), but no question he will be a crappy partner. Not josh Duggar crappy, but definitely inadequate. 

I think tiff is in way better shape than Anna. She has her own money and a possible career to fall back on. Divorcing Lawson would be much easier financially  for Tiff than Anna.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know if they’re a horrible match, but I do think they might be more likely to divorce than other Bates couples. Since her family has money, Tiff wouldn’t need to stay with Lawson for financial reasons. If she was unhappy, I bet her parents would actually encourage her to get out of a bad marriage.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think tiff is in way better shape than Anna. She has her own money and a possible career to fall back on. Divorcing Lawson would be much easier financially  for Tiff than Anna.

Definitely. I just mean that any woman who ascribes to fundamentalism is going to be fed the patriarchal headship/submission garbage and may feel more pressure to put up with selfish behavior from a spouse than someone in a secular marriage would.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I . Since her family has money, Tiff wouldn’t need to stay with Lawson for financial reasons. If she was unhappy, I bet her parents would actually encourage her to get out of a bad marriage.

if they are fundie, I very much doubt they would encourage divorce. Conversely, they will tell her to pray in order to solve problems. I can see some (just some) fundie parents accepting divorce in case of serious abuse, but never because unhappiness. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

if they are fundie, I very much doubt they would encourage divorce. Conversely, they will tell her to pray in order to solve problems. I can see some (just some) fundie parents accepting divorce in case of serious abuse, but never because unhappiness. 

Based on Instagram and Tiffany’s grandmother obituary (I know, weird source), I don’t see her parents as fundie. I think her mom is religious, but not her dad as much. I also think that they are California “Hollywood” religious where personal happiness and fulfillment trumps religion, like Chris Pratt religious. Tiffany’s grandmother was described as a courageous, hard working single mother. I don’t think divorce would be that big of a deal in their family. I think it could realistically be at least ten or twenty years before we see how this plays out.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

We seem to know only a little about Tiff’s parents. I never really thought they gave off a fundie vibe. Maybe conservative Christian? 

• Upvote 7

@JDuggs except I don't think Chris Pratt is "Hollywood religious." I think he went down the fundie pipeline for real. You might say Justin Bieber is "Hollywood religious." But Chris Pratt and his new wife seem to have very conservative lives, he has toxic conservative beliefs he's not afraid to voice, and the way he speaks about his wife screams the gender role/helpmeet BS that the Duggars post. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

@JDuggs except I don't think Chris Pratt is "Hollywood religious." I think he went down the fundie pipeline for real. You might say Justin Bieber is "Hollywood religious." But Chris Pratt and his new wife seem to have very conservative lives, he has toxic conservative beliefs he's not afraid to voice, and the way he speaks about his wife screams the gender role/helpmeet BS that the Duggars post. 

I think Pratt is a conservative Christian right winger, but he is okay with divorce (his own, at least), probably is okay with premarital sex, probably drinks alcohol, probably okay with his wife wearing shorts and swimsuits. I don’t find him to be near 100% on the fundie scale. I thought that Pratt goes to Bieber’s church or something similar.

• Upvote 4

This was Katie's original dress. this one remind me of the older sisters dresses. 

which one you all like more?

Spoiler

1202611393_Screenshot2022-01-05at3_22_41am.thumb.png.6470c2b5cd7e7ea10b7b9ae749b02cda.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I agree. His wife had the "gaze at your headship" look down. And they just announced a new baby, during which he quoted Psalm 127:3-4, which is the Quiverfull psalm. 

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I think Pratt is a conservative Christian right winger, but he is okay with divorce (his own, at least), probably is okay with premarital sex, probably drinks alcohol, probably okay with his wife wearing shorts and swimsuits. I don’t find him to be near 100% on the fundie scale. I thought that Pratt goes to Bieber’s church or something similar.

Most fundies aren't 100% on the scale, but Pratt seems fundie enough to me. These days the Bates aren't that modest, but they're still fundie. Here's a link to the Pratt thread on this site.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Most fundies aren't 100% on the scale, but Pratt seems fundie enough to me. These days the Bates aren't that modest, but they're still fundie. Here's a link to the Pratt thread on this site.

When a Bates girl wears a swimsuit like Katherine Schwarzenegger’s, I’ll agree that the Bates girls and Schwarzenegger have similar fundie modesty standards. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.5fa7021a0ee3257f00f295827a487a52.jpeg

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic