IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

24 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

The same could be said for her sisters. Carlin, Erin, Alyssa, Tori, Michaela all had mostly-no-touch courtships IIRC. Yet there seems to be a better vibe there.

I think this couple is destined for difficulty. Travis comes from a home with suspected domestic violence and weird power issues. Katie is unusually immature, has never held a job and can barely drive.

Marriage is hard. Getting used to each other physically or learning to shop for two. . . these are the least of their problems.  They need to learn to compromise, make difficult decisions, cope with disappointment, set boundaries with family, etc.

They weren’t no touch. Michaela was all over Brandon. I swear she hung on him like a Koala before they were married and after. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They weren’t no touch. Michaela was all over Brandon. I swear she hung on him like a Koala before they were married and after. 

Plus Alyssa & John, Josie & Kelton kissed before marriage. A healthy level of intimacy.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree about Michaela. She definitely said she was for "real" hugs. Erin didn't touch until engagement. Tori I can't remember. Alyssa says she kissed alot and we know Carlin was happy to snuggle as much as possible. I was very surprised that Katie had a no touch courtship. Wonder how difficult it was and I find it strange that she never addressed this on the show. Surely we weren't the only ones who noticed.

• Upvote 7

Alyssa and John weren’t in a no touch relationship either. They have admitted, on their YouTube channel to kissing often before marriage. 
Tori was all over Bobby. Carlin and Evan were very cuddly, Josie and Kelton kissed before marriage, Michaela front hugged Brandon at every possible opportunity, Erin and Chad held hands and side hugged but poor immature Katie wasn’t allowed to even hold hands until marriage. 
Katie has got a lot of work to do with Travis to make them into a proper couple. I also think that Katie has quite a lot of growing up to do. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

The same could be said for her sisters. Carlin, Erin, Alyssa, Tori, Michaela all had mostly-no-touch courtships IIRC. Yet there seems to be a better vibe there.

They (mostly) had no kissing courtships. They didn't have no touch. Michaela was happily hugging Brandon. Alyssa and John kissed before marriage. Carlin has pictures on her Instagram of her and Evan snuggled up pre marriage. Katie and Travis weren't even permitted to hold hands or have him wrap his arm around her in a photo. I think the no kissing before marriage is weird, but the Clark's no touch courtship is a whole other ballpark. 

I think going from zero intimacy, not even the freedom to hug to full blown sex is a lot. Add in living on their own for the first time and Katie being far from home and it is definitely a lot. But I think it is too early to say they have less comfortable dynamic then her sisters and their spouses because they were allowed zero intimacy pre-marriage, even the most benign kind. 

44 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I agree about Michaela. She definitely said she was for "real" hugs. Erin didn't touch until engagement. Tori I can't remember. Alyssa says she kissed alot and we know Carlin was happy to snuggle as much as possible. I was very surprised that Katie had a no touch courtship. Wonder how difficult it was and I find it strange that she never addressed this on the show. Surely we weren't the only ones who noticed.

It seems to be a Clark thing as both Travis's siblings also appear to have had no-touch engagements and the same awkward pictures. 

• Upvote 7

Wait. They didn’t even touch? Like no hand holding or Duggar style side hugs even while engaged? Was there some extra special purity culture reason or just that they felt “led”?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Wait. They didn’t even touch? Like no hand holding or Duggar style side hugs even while engaged? Was there some extra special purity culture reason or just that they felt “led”?

If I remember correctly, both of Travis' siblings also had no-touch courtships, so it probably came from his side (most likely his parents pushing for a no-touch courtship) and not from Katie's side. And considering they were/are both teenagers, I can't imagine the no-touch thing was completely their own decision. I think it is likely that his parents/family very much emphasized (in whatever way they thought proper, so they may have just flat out forced it upon them) the importance of a no-touch courtship. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Nope, they got to stand next to each other, but arms to themselves. Screenshot_20220208-081337.thumb.png.cb72351ae997ead5026ced9fc51e2561.png

Every pre-marriage picture is like that. His brother and sister were the same way, so it is likely a Clark thing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Nope, they got to stand next to each other, but arms to themselves. Screenshot_20220208-081337.thumb.png.cb72351ae997ead5026ced9fc51e2561.png

Every pre-marriage picture is like that. His brother and sister were the same way, so it is likely a Clark thing. 

Hah! We would have got a lecture from the pulpit and possibly called into the preacher's office if we had even stood that close. The 6-inch rules was a real thing. I got in trouble for sitting too close to my BROTHER because it set a bad example to anyone who didn't know that we were siblings.

I do think it is a Clark thing. We have acquaintances in common. OTOH, that branch of IFB has no problem with birth control which prevents conception. Hopefully they don't go with Katie's family on that decision.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

The engagements were all pretty similar too. The Clarks def give off major red flags.

IMG_9533.thumb.PNG.bc4fcb55b961c6e92c8ab4a2a8b07534.PNGIMG_9532.thumb.PNG.6228c8a719ffe71d8d8fd02c378d653d.PNG

That dog in between, tho. 🤯 Poor people - I hope that they are sneaking a hand brush in behind the dog. 

hen the Duggars hand holding for engagements isn’t pure enough that is next level.

• Upvote 2

in her grocery story, I noticed neither of them have masks on. A lot of places are mask optional if you are vaccinated but otherwise encourage mask use. I doubt they are vaccinated so i guess they continue to be jerks....east coast edition. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

When Katie and Travis got engaged, Katie gave her dad a huge huge, and didn’t touch Travis at all. I don’t think he even helped put the ring on. I think she just took it out of the box and put it on. There’s something wrong if you get engaged and want to hug so bad, but you have to give your dad a big hug instead. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They (mostly) had no kissing courtships. They didn't have no touch. Michaela was happily hugging Brandon. Alyssa and John kissed before marriage. Carlin has pictures on her Instagram of her and Evan snuggled up pre marriage.

Yes, but many of these couples were doing "unauthorized" things. (Like kissing.... come on, Alyssa. What's God going to think about that?) So Katie and Travis could easily have been doing "unauthorized" things as well.

And they probably were. Katie knew her sisters had broken the rules, so I'm sure she felt it was a permissible sin. Nonethless, this couple doesn't seem to have the same intimate vibe that the other Bates couples did. They seem like brother and sister.

It has little to do with whether they  held hands before marriage. It's not like "Well, we had such fun holding hands that now I feel ready for sex!" If there's a lack of intimacy, it probably has more to do with confusion, depression (homesickness), anxiety, etc. 

23 hours ago, Guanabana said:

Plus Alyssa & John, Josie & Kelton kissed before marriage. A healthy level of intimacy.

I mean, dont' take their confessions as gospel. They aren't going to tell you about the heavy petting. The most they will say is "kissing," but that doesn't mean it stopped there.

"Well, John got pretty handsy but I was technically a virgin." You aren't going to hear that sort of thing. 

• Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

Katie shared the wedding dress story on YouTube . She ordered the front and back with slight alterations. When it came in, it was too big nd they didn't do the back alterations and the front was messed up. Renee tool the whole dress apart but Katie hated it. Kelly talked her into picking a new one. She fell in love with another dress but the sample was y too big so Renee made her another one from scratch with two weeks to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

When I think about all the rampant sex I've had that started from unguarded handshakes... well.

These Clarks know how the secular world works, I tell you what. /s

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 34

Katie and Travis also talked about the adjustment of living together and Travis said his big thing was how Katie just climbed all over his car, put her feet on the dash, etc. I know we have talked before about how the Bates kids were raised with zero regards.to other people's property and belongings and I found this but interesting,.about what it would be like to marry someone like that. 

• Upvote 18

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie and Travis also talked about the adjustment of living together and Travis said his big thing was how Katie just climbed all over his car, put her feet on the dash, etc. I know we have talked before about how the Bates kids were raised with zero regards.to other people's property and belongings and I found this but interesting,.about what it would be like to marry someone like that. 

In a mature couple, there'd be nothing to talk about. It would have been resolved quickly, with a "Please don't put your feet on my dash, I don't like it." "Oh, ok, I won't." But I imagine Katie giggles, "forgets", thinks she's being cute, teases him by doing it again, etc. and Travis just feels frustrated.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think it has as much to do with how the Bates were raised as Katie's maturity. Like Carlin standing in the middle of Janie's table or the disrespect with the hammock. The Bates children were raised with a total disregard to other people's belongings and that is hard to overcome. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

I have a feeling that both the Bateses and the Duggars were that way. The Duggar kids were always walking on the counters and climbing things. It’s funny because these kids had such a strict upbringing in so many ways. So many things were a sin like dancing, watching a tv show that isn’t Bible based, or reading a book that has a cuss word. But go ahead and walk all over the counters and put your feet up on the dashboard of someone else’s car. It blows my mind because I believe in “picking your battles” with kids. And I swear the Bateses and the Duggars picked all the wrong battles! Btw I want to add the Rods in this group with their climbing monuments.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Keys said:

Katie posted a reel already pretending to have a baby bump. I think she’s itching to be pregnant 

What else does she have? She's all in with TBE fertility cult.

Points to Travis for telling her to stop. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Wait did I miss something? When did Travis tell her to stop talking about expecting? I think they only said in the Q&A that they want kids, but not now, yet they don't prevent etc, etc?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2

On 2/11/2022 at 8:49 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Putting your feet on the dash might be a Southern thing. There are multiple country songs where the guys like the girls putting their feet on the dash. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic