IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

16 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Me too, My county is a hot spot right now and after two years of not getting it I finally got it and my throat is so sore. 

I’m so sorry - I hope your symptoms are mild and that you recover soon. 

As a pregnant healthcare worker, I’m really struggling. 😞

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I’ve been together with my husband for 10 years and the only professional photos we have are from a formal dance in university 10 years ago and from our wedding last year 😬

Same!!! We’ve been together 9 years, and just have our engagement pictures and wedding pictures too, which we love. We might do a little family session once babe is born, but we shall see. :)

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

If you cannot be snarky here, you cannot be snarky anywhere!

Haha thank you! Gosh I just follow her and Carlin on Instagram, of the Bates family, and it seems like all they do is make Instagram stories/vlogs, eat out, and have photo shoots, lol

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I was struck by the photo shoot thing, too, because I don’t think they even have all of their wedding photos back yet, but since it looks like Katie is trying to follow in Alyssa, Carlin, and Josie’s steps as an influencer, she probably feels like she needs the content for her posts. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

I was struck by the photo shoot thing, too, because I don’t think they even have all of their wedding photos back yet, but since it looks like Katie is trying to follow in Alyssa, Carlin, and Josie’s steps as an influencer, she probably feels like she needs the content for her posts. 

And yet the best content is living life.

Great content in her realm would be meal planning, learning to cook, bulk shopping and prepping, those sorts of things. She could have a whole freezer full of meals for when she gets preggo and doesn't want to cook + great content.

Photoshoots and other look-at-me-with-no-job-and-no-housekeeping skills is horrible content.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I wonder if Katie learned to cook a little. She had a whole freaking year to practice. No excuses 🤣

She had a story where she and Travis were making a recipe Josie gave her. So she is trying. 

Honestly looking at the teaser, I think the point of the photo shoot was pictures where they can touch that aren't their wedding photos.

3 hours ago, Karma said:

Our only professional photos are one shot at my University graduation in 1991, and then our wedding in 1992.   There were other priorities like paying the mortgage!  I had a few photos done of the kids when they were little, but never again of us. I was content with a self timer family shot every couple of years or so. How do these young couples afford them all?

Honestly, I get family photos done once a year because I treasure the photos and it is important to me. Costs us $200.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Honestly, I get family photos done once a year because I treasure the photos and it is important to me. Costs us $200.

I do wish I had more of them, but they seemed to be more out of my price range when the kids were young. Plus my husband was never keen on photos. Now, with my children in their 20s and our youngest not living at home, it’s hard to organise even a backyard family photo. I haven’t had one since the week before I lost my hair (chemo).  Now it’s been growing for nearly a year and it’s grey and curly, so I look completely different.  I will insist on one for Mother’s Day in May!

• Love 16

Well, I just misread and thought: that would be a rather unusual photoshoot

Sex reveal in a garden (May)

🙈

• Haha 10

Nathan and Esther are now visiting Katie. 

I feel sad for her, she's clearly lonely in her new location. Ordinarily, she'd have spent time visiting the new area, looking for a job, signing up for local classes/gym/groups that might interest her before she moved. Being fundie, she had no chance to meet anyone except Travis's family and since she's a female, she's not allowed to work. 

Wasn't she a stylist for Josie's company? I wish she would go apply to salons to work at, even part time until she is inevitably pregnant and becomes a mommy influencer. 

This marriage is the most glaring red flag for this cult in recent years. Having her so active on social media and so apparently homesick/lonely is depressing. 

• Upvote 19

No genuine smiles from Travis in all these stories she's posting. Usually he's driving the car, she's shilling a product, she pans to show a quick view of him- and he looks a bit pissed off.

He's probably not a bundle of laughs, but there's little light heartedness, teasing or fun in their interactions.  I know it was "no touch" until the wedding, and it could be still difficult to show affection or feelings, but I don't see joy or happiness in their eyes, its all acting out the part.

Makes me sad for them.It just seems all wrong.

• Upvote 14

Travis seemed far more engaged in the YouTube video so I think he just doesn't love being filmed at random times. 

I think this is definitely an adjustment period for them. And for Katie, going from being in the center of her huge family to being so far away.

I hope she finds something to occupy her time. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

And yet the best content is living life.

Great content in her realm would be meal planning, learning to cook, bulk shopping and prepping, those sorts of things. She could have a whole freezer full of meals for when she gets preggo and doesn't want to cook + great content.

Photoshoots and other look-at-me-with-no-job-and-no-housekeeping skills is horrible content.

I agree. Despite her age, I think Josie comes off the best on social media. The Balkas do a good job of blending careers, family, adult activities, household work, cooking and fun on their various content  platforms. And I have to admit, I’d eat those meals that Kelton prepares. I think they translate to living more ITRW. The rest of these folks, not so much. Do either of the Clarkes work? 

• Upvote 12

Katie should have a new church to get to know along with the standards whatever weird cult she married into - there is a “college” there that is bound to have some women her age to meet.

• Upvote 6

I bet there was a lot of talk before Katie and Travis got married about how her family would be visiting constantly and Travis thought she was just exaggerating for laughs. He probably thought he would at least have some time alone with Katie during the “honeymoon phase.” Katie needs to sit down and figure out what she wants to do with her life while Travis is at school/working on his music/working at a job(?) besides having family visit. They’ve been married just over a month. I wonder how many nights they have spent alone in their home so far.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I bet there was a lot of talk before Katie and Travis got married about how her family would be visiting constantly and Travis thought she was just exaggerating for laughs. He probably thought he would at least have some time alone with Katie during the “honeymoon phase.” Katie needs to sit down and figure out what she wants to do with her life while Travis is at school/working on his music/working at a job(?) besides having family visit. They’ve been married just over a month. I wonder how many nights they have spent alone in their home so far.

They have also slept over at the Clark's twice in that period. Once for Christmas Eve and then last week, so it's not just Katie.

• Upvote 8

It’s so obvious they are just two kids who weren’t ready for marriage yet. If they were a mainstream couple, they probably would be in college or working regular jobs and just dating. They would be living at home or in a dorm and enjoying being young. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

It's very much a time of adjustment  for them both, and better done out of the spotlight, 

She does need to find something to do

Have a bit of sense Katie and don't shill your new earrings to 184,000 followers on the way to church.  I know tons of people have asked where you got them- they were a Christmas present from Travis, - but to show the advert and the price $15 is not the best way to endear yourself to your new husband.

I know we all cringe thinking back to the mistakes we made in our youth. I would feel mortified if I did this and probably embarrassed my husband

Edited by Sops2
Addition
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Even though I do not agree with Katie's beliefs (I am on this site after all), I absolutely loved her look on her wedding day and that is something I would go for if I ever to choose to get married.

But I agree her and Travis were not ready to get married at all. I thought I saw an insta story from either Josie or Katie that the two face timing each other a lot because its hard for them to be a part. I hope Katie finds some kind of job/activity to occupy her time. And please no little "blessings" for at least a year.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Even though I do not agree with Katie's beliefs (I am on this site after all), I absolutely loved her look on her wedding day and that is something I would go for if I ever to choose to get married.

*snip*

That's how I feel about Ashley Salyer Hoover. Absolutely loathe and am more than a little disturbed by her, but her wedding ceremony + dress + make-up was perfection in terms of my style preferences.

• Upvote 4

What’s probably extra challenging for Katie is that her husband cannot really relate to what she’s going through. He’s not from a big family, and he’s never lived outside of the community he grew up in. They are both making adjustments right now, but she is making way more, and I hope he has the emotional maturity to be gracious about that. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

"Transplant" is the word that comes to my mind when thinking about Katie. She gets married off the back of a "no touch" courtship. Moves away from family and friends, to a house that's newly renovated and even a puppy/dog that was there before her. Would have been so much easier to settle in as a couple and in the new place by doing the reno/pet thing together. It's almost as if its a method to put pressure on her to have a baby ASAP - "bored? have nothing to do? lonely? not sure how solid your marriage actually is? the answer to all these questions is have a baby."

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, eljayem said:

"Transplant" is the word that comes to my mind when thinking about Katie. She gets married off the back of a "no touch" courtship. Moves away from family and friends, to a house that's newly renovated and even a puppy/dog that was there before her. Would have been so much easier to settle in as a couple and in the new place by doing the reno/pet thing together. It's almost as if its a method to put pressure on her to have a baby ASAP - "bored? have nothing to do? lonely? not sure how solid your marriage actually is? the answer to all these questions is have a baby."

Now you can be homesick AND puking your guts out AND feeling like a stranger not only in your own home, but in your own body too. Woo-hoo! Recipe for success.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Now you can be homesick AND puking your guts out AND feeling like a stranger not only in your own home, but in your own body too. Woo-hoo! Recipe for success.

It can’t be mentally or emotionally healthy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I do feel bad for her, but that family has forced so many boys to move to Tennessee for their daughters. I thought these peoples belief system's were you move where your husband is. 

• Upvote 7

The video she posted about missing her sisters made feel for her. The closest thing I have in my own life to compare it to was how I felt when I moved out of my childhood home to attend university in another state. I didn't know anybody at my new school, all my friends were moving to other states, and it just felt like the end of an era. But for me, it was replaced by an even happier era of dorm living, college life, the opportunity to pursue all of my interests in the company of others doing the same. Poor Katie has replaced that full life with a very quiet existance in a very empty house with a single confidant whose still very much new to her. Not a super good recipe for mental health. 

• Upvote 11

On 1/9/2022 at 6:20 PM, JDuggs said:

While you’re absolutely right with your point, maybe these constant visits help her in her transition to married life. The visits might become a little less over time. 

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You don’t say 😉 (just to avoid a misunderstanding, the snark is directed at the Bates family who set Katie up for quite some problems, not at you)

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic