IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

6 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

So Deven Clark (who is married to Travis’ brother Mike) posted on Instagram that she’s grateful for the K5 class she is currently student teacher for. The teacher of the class is Travis’ sister Kayla. 

Both are recently married so it’ll be interesting to see how long their teaching careers last, although Kayla has been married 9 months and no announcement yet. I’m guessing Deven may be waiting until she’s a ‘qualified’ * teacher to start a family. 

I also wonder, given how close she’ll be living to them, whether having two sisters in law who are working (together, so probably talking about it a lot too) will impact on Katie’s plans at all. 

* I put qualified in inverted commas as I’m not sure what qualification she’s currently working towards or through what college. The fact she’s currently working alongside her SIL seems a bit of a coincidence? 

Since the Clarks seem to not be quiverful, maybe they are waiting to get pregnant. I hope they are because all of them seem quite young. 

• Upvote 9

I assume these Clark ladies are teaching at the K-12 branch of the Clark Family Grifting Hustle--Solid Rock Baptist Church/School/Bible & Godly Courtship Academy--so who knows what the "accreditation" might be.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Did we know that Travis’ church is suing the governor of NJ over restrictions to gatherings over X number of people? It looks like maybe they (and the others in the suit) lost and are trying to appeal. 

(Sorry if the spoiler isn’t quite right, it’s my first time using one)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 12/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, SisterCupcake said:

Did we know that Travis’ church is suing the governor of NJ over restrictions to gatherings over X number of people? It looks like maybe they (and the others in the suit) lost and are trying to appeal. 

(Sorry if the spoiler isn’t quite right, it’s my first time using one)

Goodness. Always astounds me how they completely throw caution and reason to the wind when it comes to covid. They’re very lucky that they haven’t had more very serious outcomes within their immediate families (or maybe they have and I’m just not aware). 

I saw that 2 of Katie’s sisters are visiting her right now too. It looks like they went for manicures today - the staff had masks and plexiglass up and none of the girls were wearing masks. Are they not mandatory there? They’re mandatory everywhere here still. Our cases are surging again badly too, unfortunately - I’ve read it’s equally bad, if not worse, in the US right now too. Edited to add: just looked it up and I see masks are not mandatory anymore in indoor public settings. 

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Katie was very homesick and so her two sisters flew up for a week long visit.  They haven't even been married a month.  

No surprise there. She’s a child bride married to another child. She wasn’t even allowed to touch him before they married. Now she’s in a completely different state with only his family to socialize with. I’m guessing she will be visiting Tennessee as much as possible. 

• Upvote 18

4 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Katie was very homesick and so her two sisters flew up for a week long visit.  They haven't even been married a month.  

I'd image all the excitement of being newly married would more than make up for any homesick but I guess not.

Would you want to have family coming to visit – staying at your house over night – while you're still in the honeymoon phase of your new marriage? I for sure would not!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I'd image all the excitement of being newly married would more than make up for any homesick but I guess not.

Would you want to have family coming to visit – staying at your house over night – while you're still in the honeymoon phase of your new marriage? I for sure would not!

When you aren’t allowed to touch, I’m guessing things are still awkward. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

They got married, went away on a honeymoon, came back to TN and spent a few days, drove "home", busy unpacking and getting ready for Christmas and now her sisters are there because she is so homesick.  How has she had time to be homesick.  

Katie was not ready to get married and move away.  

• Upvote 35
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I imagine it's because it's Christmas and she is not used to spending Christmas without her family. They have been with Travis's family consistently since they got back.

• Upvote 6

maybe now that she's married and had her honeymoon her sisters are now allowed to fill her in on the "secrets" of the bedroom of how to, um, actually make it feel good for herself? (I wish that's what was happening, but highly doubt it in this cult) 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, doubleT said:

I don’t usually write fundie fanfic, but maybe, just maybe she promised Addie and Ellie to get them away from home for a fun visit by claiming homesickness. Still not what I’d choose to do when newly married, but maybe it’s her way of doing her little sisters a favour… 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

maybe now that she's married and had her honeymoon her sisters are now allowed to fill her in on the "secrets" of the bedroom of how to, um, actually make it feel good for herself? (I wish that's what was happening, but highly doubt it in this cult) 

I assume the 14 and 15 years know even less about sex than she does. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I assume the 14 and 15 years know even less about sex than she does. 

whoops I assumed older sisters were visiting. Maybe the older ones aren't "allowed" to visit for fear they might give her any advice smh 

21 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

whoops I assumed older sisters were visiting. Maybe the older ones aren't "allowed" to visit for fear they might give her any advice smh 

I feel like the older ones already gave her that advice..she has spent a ton of unsupervised time with Josie and Carlin, I guarantee it came up. My Jehovah witness cousins would ask me all kinds of questions about sex before they got married, you are allowed to ask married female family members and I am sure sisters have these conversations.

As for which sisters are visiting, Carlin, Josie and Alyssa all have kids and can't pack up for a spontaneous visit to New Jersey during Christmas week. 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wonder how Travis feels about this. He finally can be alone with her....and she decides to have relatives visit 🙄

Well, they have been spending every single day with his family since they got home (including at least one night sleeping at his parents) but he also went out and bought furniture yesterday so the girls could have a place to sleep and then immediately assembled it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Older sisters are married and pregnant or with babies. While Bates girls travel a lot no matter pandemic or pregnancy or both, family duties may be the reason they are not visiting this time. But of course they are allowed to visit, they have been together a lot before marriage and after that (post-honeymoon). Travis family may be weird, but those two would have never married if both families weren't in very good terms.

Kelly prepares her daughters for marriage since they are teens. I'm sure Addie will be sent often to Florida and NJ, in order to make "friends" AKA suitors. It's tragic but that is Kelly!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She should call Michaela. She looked sex up in the dictionary. 

I think the younger girls have an advantage over Erin, Michaela, etc. In that they have older, married sisters they can ask about sex. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, doubleT said:

Still wondering how these fundies have giant families and have the money to fly their kids all over the place. Seriously. How do the Bates afford that? Didn't some of the Bates recently go to Florida to see Alyssa? Where does all this money for flying around come from? How does Travis have the money to just go out and buy furniture on a whim? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

Still wondering how these fundies have giant families and have the money to fly their kids all over the place. Seriously. How do the Bates afford that? Didn't some of the Bates recently go to Florida to see Alyssa? Where does all this money for flying around come from? How does Travis have the money to just go out and buy furniture on a whim? 

Carlin posts a lot about a discount flight app, so I think they use that. 

I mean I had a much smaller wedding than Travis and Katie, over a decade ago and still ended up with over 10k in cash gifts. I am sure they got some decent wedding presents and probably had already planned to buy furniture for the guest room with it.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Perhaps Nathan flies them for free?

Flying still requires paying for the gas. Does Nathan own his plane in full? And (I assume, but I don't know) that you have to pay a fee to land, and of course to store your airplane wherever.

I just looked up the fees for a small airport near me: https://collegeparkairport.aero/services.html

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Perhaps Nathan flies them for free?

Most of the time they seem to go by car (really long trips, even Alyssa from Florida) and ocasionally they take a comercial airplane. I dont think Nathan owns a plane and thats probably why they cant do it unlike the Duggars.

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic