IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

21 hours ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

a power and control move so everyone is reminded who is in charge to follow their example 

And imagine the reverse... You've been going up there for years and then suddenly you stay in your seat? Sends a message that if you don't toe the line you can and will be pushed out of the inner circle.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

This was my experience and something that bothered me greatly when I was a member. There was not external charity. It was all about helping your brothers and sisters in the church. I was a part of other organizations that would help the general public but I was judged for taking that time to do something else rather than give my time to Remnant 

Such a power/control move on the part of the church! Because both those who give and receive aid within the Remnant community feel more emotional ties and increased commitment to staying. And who would leave if the only support system they are aware of is within the church?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 12/18/2021 at 7:48 PM, Baxsmom said:

I did see his daughters on the webcast tonight and maybe his wife in the choir.  Do you think they will marry Erin/Elle off to another church member?

And Elizabeth called in.  She talked about the enemies spreading rumours about her and her family, she was just with Michael, Elle and her dad, yesterday, celebrating Christmas.  She mentioned that Joe (a great father figure) would call or text her saying she was to carry her mom's torch after her mom was gone. 

And then of course she mentioned weight. 🙄

She also just started a new project called The Give Love Project. Last week the youth group give out crumbled(?) cookies to neighborhood churches, police and firefighters.  I think that is lovely but she still can't show up at the church she is leading and at least see her children perform.  And why would a weight loss centered church give out COOKIES!!!????

At the end she wished everyone a a good holiday and that she would see them in February.  I guess this will be her BIG debut as the "new" Gwen.  

IMG_6633.jpg

Crumbl cookies is the name of the company. They are the most delicious things I've ever tasted. Poor Remnant members to taste this goodness and not be able to eat a whole cookie!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Observer said:

I believe that Remnant charity work has historically been within the church. They provide a lot of "free" services for members, like moving and home repair. They have not had a ton of interaction with outside groups.  I think the fact that they are reaching out to the community is different than normal. Maybe Elizabeth played that card right.

It is still a very weak card.  Cookies?

Not to be rude.

Edited by Baxsmom
want to be a nice person
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

It is still a very weak card.  Cookies?

Not to be rude.

I agree completely! Buying and delivering cookies wasn't very hard to do. If they did something for non-members like help them move, do a day's worth of yardwork, or clean house for someone who's been ill, it would mean something.

Edit: Although, to be fair, I don't suppose they could jump to that level of service all at once. Maybe they will ramp it up as time goes on.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

Edit: Although, to be fair, I don't suppose they could jump to that level of service all at once. Maybe they will ramp it up as time goes on.

I don't expect RF to become a charity for the local area.  I just don't see it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

I don't expect RF to become a charity for the local area.  I just don't see it.

I agree and I don't really know these people.  But I can share some really worthy ideas for their neighbors not in wealthy Brentwood.  Food boxes for the hungry or covid affected neighbors?  A clothes drive for the underserved?  Daipers and formula for families in need?  Stop being mean to people who don't lose weight? Love thy neighbor as thyself?  

Edited by Baxsmom
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, Observer said:

I believe that Remnant charity work has historically been within the church. They provide a lot of "free" services for members, like moving and home repair. They have not had a ton of interaction with outside groups.  I think the fact that they are reaching out to the community is different than normal. Maybe Elizabeth played that card right.

15 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

This was my experience and something that bothered me greatly when I was a member. There was not external charity. It was all about helping your brothers and sisters in the church. I was a part of other organizations that would help the general public but I was judged for taking that time to do something else rather than give my time to Remnant 

RF wouldn't be the only church that does this. A lot of churches help out members in their community. Granted there are people in the church that might need help, but I think theoretically Christian charity was not only supposed to benefit members.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think theoretically Christian charity was not only supposed to benefit members.

Well, The Man Himself told His followers that “inasmuch as you have [been kind] to the least of these, My brethren, you have [been kind] to Me.”  

RF members appear to be well-off (appearances can be deceiving), so it wouldn’t take much to find folks outside RF who are in lesser circumstances.  

I hope Elizabeth has a revelation - serious, I am - that mere Christianity is true and leads her congregation to faith in Christ, not faith in her late mother.  

Merry Christmas to those who observe, Happy Holidays to everybody!  I’ve got two, two, TWO parties to throw and church to go. See you after!!! ❤️ x infinity! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

On 12/23/2021 at 12:51 PM, Blue said:

And imagine the reverse... You've been going up there for years and then suddenly you stay in your seat? Sends a message that if you don't toe the line you can and will be pushed out of the inner circle.

Very much so!!  Angers & Days are living that one!

On 12/23/2021 at 7:05 PM, ManyGoats said:

I agree completely! Buying and delivering cookies wasn't very hard to do. If they did something for non-members like help them move, do a day's worth of yardwork, or clean house for someone who's been ill, it would mean something.

They will not do those things for non members, now or ever

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

They will not do those things for non members, now or ever

I actually agree with this. I just edited my post because it sounded harsh. However, this IS a snark board so....... I don't need to worry about that.

• Upvote 3

Happy Holidays to you all.  I have you are enjoying this season with family and friends and yummy good food (no guilt❤️).

• Upvote 5

RF makes sure to change the words of songs and hymns so they don't sing about the trinity or anything else they don't believe in. They changed 'hail the incarnate deity' to 'hail the eternal deity' but apparently they don't know what Emmanuel means.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Is it just me, or is RF generally giving Jesus more “attention” in recent years? It seems to me Gwen spoke less about Jesus in the earlier years.

I wonder if more Jesus came with Joe…  not that he was devout, no not that.  But between them he may have been the one to realize that she wasn’t making it bigger online because of her stance on the trinity… and glossing over of Jesus.    

It was just earlier this year that Gwen introduced the youth becoming “Ambassadors for Christ.”  She did several YCOs on this topic introducing quite a few of their young people as such.  Haven’t heard more of that since she passed, though.  

I can still hear Gwen’s original stance on Jesus through some of their leaders… one spoke this Christmas Eve service about how “Christ came to set an example for us.”  He didn’t add anything to that statment, either. Though another leader mentioned sin and sacrifice and a more traditional explanation of Jesus’ purpose, some sound more like the original Gwen with the “setting an example of purity and perfection” thing.

Wondering if what I have noticed is all in my own head or if others notice it, too.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 12/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, CRAnn said:

Is it just me, or is RF generally giving Jesus more “attention” in recent years? It seems to me Gwen spoke less about Jesus in the earlier years.

I wonder if more Jesus came with Joe…  not that he was devout, no not that.  But between them he may have been the one to realize that she wasn’t making it bigger online because of her stance on the trinity… and glossing over of Jesus.    

It was just earlier this year that Gwen introduced the youth becoming “Ambassadors for Christ.”  She did several YCOs on this topic introducing quite a few of their young people as such.  Haven’t heard more of that since she passed, though.  

I can still hear Gwen’s original stance on Jesus through some of their leaders… one spoke this Christmas Eve service about how “Christ came to set an example for us.”  He didn’t add anything to that statment, either. Though another leader mentioned sin and sacrifice and a more traditional explanation of Jesus’ purpose, some sound more like the original Gwen with the “setting an example of purity and perfection” thing.

Wondering if what I have noticed is all in my own head or if others notice it, too.

I've never understood that - if you truly thought Christ's purpose was to be an example - why did he not marry and be the example of a perfect husband - or a perfect father?

Yes - Jesus is an example, but that was not His purpose.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

These guys got a former member to appear on their YouTube channel.  I didn't find their videos very good though.

Thanks for this. I watched a bit and I agree. I still think this forum including all the past threads is the best source of all things Remnant.

• I Agree 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:17 PM, ManyGoats said:

I actually agree with this. I just edited my post because it sounded harsh. However, this IS a snark board so....... I don't need to worry about that.

They are only doing the cookie thing due to the documentary stating that they don't help the community etc. 

• Upvote 3

There was a wedding tonight.  These weddings are so cookie cutter the same. But I do wonder who is now approving the color and wedding party.  And one odd thing, they mentioned during the ceremoney, how much weight the groom had lost and also talked about Gwen and how her daughter has taken the mantel and is stronger then ever.  Was she not strong?  I feel the more they pump Elizabeth up, there is something they have to hide. Anyway, Happy New Year!!! On to 2022!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

There was a wedding tonight.  These weddings are so cookie cutter the same. But I do wonder who is now approving the color and wedding party.  And one odd thing, they mentioned during the ceremoney, how much weight the groom had lost and also talked about Gwen and how her daughter has taken the mantel and is stronger then ever.  Was she not strong?  I feel the more they pump Elizabeth up, there is something they have to hide. Anyway, Happy New Year!!! On to 2022!!!

Maybe now the bride and groom get to have their wedding the way they want.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Maybe now the bride and groom get to have their wedding the way they want.

I wonder if any RF members choose to go to a Justice of the Peace or other alternative means of tying the knot.  That way they'd avoid the whole issue.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

And one odd thing, they mentioned during the ceremony, how much weight the groom had lost

These people!

Years pass, and the couple (if they are still together) are going through the wedding album. 

She (looking at pics): Oh, honey, remember how skinny you were! 

Him: Grunts unintelligibly

Who performed the wedding ceremony?  I'm assuming Elizabeth wasn't there, or were they praising her in person? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Howl said:

These people!

Years pass, and the couple (if they are still together) are going through the wedding album. 

She (looking at pics): Oh, honey, remember how skinny you were! 

Him: Grunts unintelligibly

Who performed the wedding ceremony?  I'm assuming Elizabeth wasn't there, or were they praising her in person? 

Let's see, Durville did part of the ceremony then creepy Patrick Stites and Cliff Peters.  It was Durville who talked about Elizabeth.  From what I see Durville is Elizabth's biggest fan.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Has a release date been announced for the final two episodes?

All the info I can find says early 2022.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if any RF members choose to go to a Justice of the Peace or other alternative means of tying the knot.  That way they'd avoid the whole issue.

I can’t imagine a member doing this since it’s viewed as an honor to get married in God’s church. If it has happened, I would be very surprised. Also, you are told that planning a wedding is wonderful and amazing. I didn’t hear of anyone complaining about their experience and we certainly didn’t complain until we had left Remnant. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic