IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

They show a long video in which Gwen's wearing a long strapless black gown and long black gloves. She looks like the priestess of death and sort of hookerish...

...crossed with Cruella de Ville?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

On 2/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, Howl said:

Is Elizabeth making any personal appearances?  If so, how does she look? I really know nothing of Remnant and just cruise here occasionally, but the loss of her mother, husband and close friends would be devastating under any circumstances, coupled with a potential for eating issues and being elevated to leading a cult where her mother was considered a goddess, literally, but not having been groomed to take over the role, plus caring for the physical and psychological well being of her children who have lost their father and grandmother...I can't even imagine...

No!! She has called in a few times.  Zero appearance since she was on stage after a concert many months ago.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:52 PM, NarcissismKills said:

Neither hide nor hair of Elizabeth on Wednesday. As for tonight, just a passing mention at the beginning and then... after the lengthy video of Gwen (complete with clip of the death Bambi's mother)... a vapid claim tha Elizabeth had ordered roses for some of the attendees. On Wednesday Michael was mentioned as the source of a song, but he's always missing as is Elizabeth. Her kids are usually there, though. Hopefully they can avoid the excessive mind control common in the Remnant Fellowship cult. Possibly they will be spared due to their status. 

Will Michael ever make appearances again?  I thought that was off the table

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

What service is it? I don't see it on Wednesdays webcast. Maybe as a visitor I can't watch it?

On 2/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, Howl said:

...crossed with Cruella de Ville?

The Bambi clip in Gwen's video was shown at the Saturday assembly on Feb 12. So this past Wednesday's assembly has now replaced the Saturday one...until tomorrow when a new assembly will be accessible and so on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Who puts the service videos together? I'm wondering if the Bambi clip came from Elizabeth or one of the members -from Elizabeth I could see it as an expression of something she can't express well, from a member it gets more interesting if Gwen was viewed as a "mother goddess" - not really how I saw her role at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sasha_The_Producer said:

Has the attendance of RF members dropped?

Has the weekly take - er, love offering - dropped?  Of course they’ll never say, directly.  

As a fan of Righteous Gemstones I find my imagination at full speed, re: RF. Who’s the non-family-member who’s plotting the course? What factions are there?

But it’s not really enjoyable, knowing there are 4 half-orphaned kids, a half-orphaned and widowed young woman* and her brother. And all of whom likely have some pretty significant damage even before the crash. 

I just keep hoping that some miracle happens & the congregation hears the real law & gospel and the RF cult withers away. 

* I’m in my 70s. Elizabeth is a young woman. ;) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

maybe I'm late to the game here, but is Michael out of RF? Today is GSL's bday, apparently (there are lots of FB posts), and they seem to be mentioning Elizabeth but not Michael. 

On 1/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, ElleHouston said:

I don’t ever remember Gwen doing that. There was one member who was secretly gay. She told me and I told her to keep it to herself. I never told leadership because it wasn’t any of their damn business. 

You were unusual, then. Running to leadership was how it went. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, Willow said:

You were unusual, then. Running to leadership was how it went. 

I never was the one to run and tell leadership. All they would have done was condemned her and that would have caused more trauma. It really wasn’t their business. 

• Love 7

On 2/14/2022 at 4:30 PM, DietCherryCoke76 said:

No!! She has called in a few times.  Zero appearance since she was on stage after a concert many months ago.

I think, like many others, that the plane crash would take Remnant down. I listened to Elizabeth on the 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:30 PM, DietCherryCoke76 said:

I think, like many others, that the plane crash would end Remnant Fellowship. Tonight I listened to the live webcast and Elizabeth called and spoke. I think she is definitely more articulate and a better speaker than Gwen. It makes me wonder as we are only a few months away from the 1 year anniversary of the crash-why is it taking so long for Elizabeth to take over services? Or even just Saturdays. She sounded upbeat and energetic....which is a bit scary. Makes me think perhaps Remnant will continue on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I think it’s possible they could die a slow painful death. You don’t see it happening when just a few are leaving here and there. You don’t notice until you look at numbers from past years was double the current number. And by then it’s too late to do much about it. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Jb003 said:

why is it taking so long for Elizabeth to take over services?

I wonder if the grief and stress made her lose additional weight and she is trying to gain some back? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Dysfundamental said:

I wonder if the grief and stress made her lose additional weight and she is trying to gain some back? 

I thought if at all the other way around. There were 2 photos, if my memory serves me correctly, where she looked the best she has in years. Which made me have some very uncomfortable thoughts about her marriage and mother relationship…. I hope she isn’t trying to return to skeletal “chic” again! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s possible they could die a slow painful death. You don’t see it happening when just a few are leaving here and there. You don’t notice until you look at numbers from past years was double the current number. And by then it’s too late to do much about it. 

I agree. It will probably just slowly fade away. Very few corrupt religious organizations go out with the drama of Vision Forum. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Certainly Remnant Fellowship's Michelle Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah is a chip off the old block in a number of ways: exaggerated sense of self-importance, not in touch with reality, and (very likely) just as selfish in the sense of giving cash to the cult. Gwen Shamblin did not leave any money to the cult and money is what makes cults survive. Some income from the weigh down books and video subscriptions might help them a little, but as the primary purchasers are the cult members themselves, it's not a sustainable financial plan without massive expansion. I wonder if Elizabeth can engineer that kind of growth with the help of her creepy underlings. It doesn't really look possible. She definitely isn't planning to fork over her own money to them. She's probably still hammering out lots of financial details with Michael. No the cult won't go away very soon. And, no, they won't stop harassing innocent family members. Nevertheless, there will probably be a gradual decine in their finances and one day in the distant future they may even sell "this place". 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Gwen was RF. Without her it will hard to keep going. Very few groups built around personalities survive the leader dying. The only one that immediately pops into my mind is the Billy Graham association and that is probably because his son not only has a dynamic personality, he is rabidly hungry for power and money. He also very good at making sure churches never really question him or his programs too deeply. 

I don't see Elizabeth having the forceful personality that Franklin Graham has. Michael will for sure not be able to keep it going. So unless someone with a Franklin Graham personality steps up, RF will fade away until one day we read about the church building being sold. 

• Upvote 11

26 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Certainly Remnant Fellowship's Michelle Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah is a chip off the old block in a number of ways: exaggerated sense of self-importance, not in touch with reality, and (very likely) just as selfish in the sense of giving cash to the cult. Gwen Shamblin did not leave any money to the cult and money is what makes cults survive. Some income from the weigh down books and video subscriptions might help them a little, but as the primary purchasers are the cult members themselves, it's not a sustainable financial plan without massive expansion. I wonder if Elizabeth can engineer that kind of growth with the help of her creepy underlings. It doesn't really look possible. She definitely isn't planning to fork over her own money to them. She's probably still hammering out lots of financial details with Michael. No the cult won't go away very soon. And, no, they won't stop harassing innocent family members. Nevertheless, there will probably be a gradual decine in their finances and one day in the distant future they may even sell "this place". 

Isn’t there quite a diversification of assets held by RF? Not just Weigh Down, but Exodus Industries and real estate and whatnot?

Also, does anyone know if there is any truth to the speculation that Michael & Erin have divorce proceedings pending before the court?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen was RF. Without her it will hard to keep going. Very few groups built around personalities survive the leader dying. The only one that immediately pops into my mind is the Billy Graham association and that is probably because his son not only has a dynamic personality, he is rabidly hungry for power and money. He also very good at making sure churches never really question him or his programs too deeply. 

I don't see Elizabeth having the forceful personality that Franklin Graham has. Michael will for sure not be able to keep it going. So unless someone with a Franklin Graham personality steps up, RF will fade away until one day we read about the church building being sold. 

If they do go on, it’s with a major rebranding. Like when David Berg died. The children of God did a major rebranding. It’s very different from when Berg ruled. It’s still a cult and I still see it as harmful, but there’s no way they could have gone in the exact same after Berg died. I guess they could do a major rebranding. But I just don’t see it happening.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they do go on, it’s with a major rebranding. Like when David Berg died. The children of God did a major rebranding. It’s very different from when Berg ruled. It’s still a cult and I still see it as harmful, but there’s no way they could have gone in the exact same after Berg died. I guess they could do a major rebranding. But I just don’t see it happening.

IBLP has also attempted to rebrand, but it doesn’t seem to be successful. I suppose they could attempt to rebrand RF, and with the right people they very well could pull it off. But no way Gwen’s children can pull off a rebranding. I’m kind of surprised no charismatic, power hungry person has stepped in yet. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

We didn't get the remaining episodes of The Way Down in January and we're unlikely to get them in February, but I'm sure they are being worked on and one day will be broadcast. That event will get the "church" back in the headlines and draw more negative attention, which will make it even harder to continue the grift fellowship. 
This church is coasting on Gwen's memory, new episodes of The Way Down may include facts about Gwen that will tarnish that memory to the point where the faithful give up and find a new church. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, MamaJunebug said:

As a fan of Righteous Gemstones I find my imagination at full speed, re: RF. Who’s the non-family-member who’s plotting the course? What factions are there?

But it’s not really enjoyable, knowing there are 4 half-orphaned kids, a half-orphaned and widowed young woman* and her brother. And all of whom likely have some pretty significant damage even before the crash. 

Yes! I keep thinking of the Righteous Gemstones which is such a good show. Also, the Gemstones and the Roys of Succession are so analogous.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Last rumor I heard was April/May time period for the next set of episodes

Have they said why there is a delay? Honestly I think this would have had a bigger impact if they had waited and released the entire thing at once or release them once a week. Releasing most of it and then making people wait an unspecified amount of time to see the last couple of episodes is kind of annoying. Even with me knowing a lot about RF I can't remember exactly how the last episode ended. People who know nothing about the cult are for sure going to have forgotten and are less likely to finish watching. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Mrs Ms ....do you remember where you saw photos of Elizabeth? That's very interesting, as most are thinking it's the other way around. Either way would be a good explanation as to why she has been absent. It's been 9 months. It seems odd she hasn't been there. You would want to be around the people you love and in the place you feel comfort. RF is that place for Elizabeth. Even if she isn't ready to take over 100%. Honestly, if she lost any more weight it seems like she would be hospitalized. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The one that comes to mind for me is $cientology where David Miscaviage certainly kept the cult running after the death of L. Ron Hubbard. And IBLP is still limping along since Gothard left, although IBLP seems to be dying. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic