IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

18 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

I did see his daughters on the webcast tonight and maybe his wife in the choir.  Do you think they will marry Erin/Elle off to another church member?

And Elizabeth called in.  She talked about the enemies spreading rumours about her and her family, she was just with Michael, Elle and her dad, yesterday, celebrating Christmas.  She mentioned that Joe (a great father figure) would call or text her saying she was to carry her mom's torch after her mom was gone. 

And then of course she mentioned weight. 🙄

She also just started a new project called The Give Love Project. Last week the youth group give out crumbled(?) cookies to neighborhood churches, police and firefighters.  I think that is lovely but she still can't show up at the church she is leading and at least see her children perform.  And why would a weight loss centered church give out COOKIES!!!????

At the end she wished everyone a a good holiday and that she would see them in February.  I guess this will be her BIG debut as the "new" Gwen.  

IMG_6633.jpg

This makes me want to cry. She used to be so pretty before this gaunt, over-made-up look. 

• Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

She also just started a new project called The Give Love Project. Last week the youth group give out crumbled(?) cookies to neighborhood churches, police and firefighters. 

That's nice of them but not really that AMAAAZING. Lots of groups do things like that over the holidays.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

31 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

That's nice of them but not really that AMAAAZING. Lots of groups do things like that over the holidays.

That is what I thought. With all the documentary exposure, I would have gone BIG with a giving back project. Like see? We are a good church who does amazing things for the community. And I am not sure if she said "crumbled cookies"?  Is that a thing?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

That is what I thought. With all the documentary exposure, I would have gone BIG with a giving back project. Like see? We are a good church who does amazing things for the community. And I am not sure if she said "crumbled cookies"?  Is that a thing?

I need to go back and listen, because there IS a place in Brentwood called Crumbl cookies. If that is the case, then they are giving out some yummy and EXPENSIVE cookies.

Prepare to drool...link to cookies provided below...

https://crumblcookies.com/brentwood

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I need to go back and listen, because there IS a place in Brentwood called Crumbl cookies. If that is the case, then they are giving out some yummy and EXPENSIVE cookies.

thought she said the youth baked them, but no way am I going to listen again to check. 😝

Oh, I've been meaning to ask - what is the stated purpose of bringing the leaders and their families onstage at the end of a service? (I think I know what the real purpose is, I'm just curious about what they say it is.)

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Prepare to drool...link to cookies provided below...

https://crumblcookies.com/brentwood

A new Crumbl opened up this year just a mile from us. 

I am doomed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

thought she said the youth baked them, but no way am I going to listen again to check😝

Oh, I've been meaning to ask - what is the stated purpose of bringing the leaders and their families onstage at the end of a service? (I think I know what the real purpose is, I'm just curious about what they say it is.)

She might have, LOL! I'm actually listening now, because I hadn't listened to her from the beginning. I was just throwing that out there as a possibility, LOL!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

A new Crumbl opened up this year just a mile from us. 

I am doomed. 

Yeah, I just gained 3# from looking at the pictures. 😄

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

She might have, LOL! I'm actually listening now, because I hadn't listened to her from the beginning. I was just throwing that out there as a possibility, LOL!

I just got to the part where she talked about the cookies and there's actually a picture of the cookie box on the counter. It's at 1:18:39. She mentioned gathering some of the youth together to do this and there are pictures of them as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

I just got to the part where she talked about the cookies and there's actually a picture of the cookie box on the counter. It's at 1:18:39. She mentioned gathering some of the youth together to do this and there are pictures of them as well.

Dang! So now we know not to trust my hearing and/or my memory.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

This makes me want to cry. She used to be so pretty before this gaunt, over-made-up look. 

She looks like the Joker in Batman. Remember when but also remember when Gwen looked normal?

• Upvote 3

She looks skeletal.  She's turned to the side so that it's not so pronounced (but it can't be hidden).

She will die of anorexia before all those kids are grown.  I feel so sorry for them, raised in that mess, lost their dad and have to watch their mom starve herself. :(

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She looks skeletal.  She's turned to the side so that it's not so pronounced (but it can't be hidden).

That’s sadly interesting. The folk wisdom in my family / circle of friends when posing for photos:  “Either face-on or profile, but if you do a quarter-turn [like Elizabeth is] you’ll look bigger because you’re showing your side AND your front.”

So, it makes sad sense that Elizabeth, trying to look bigger (hide her thinness) would pose thusly.  

Sigh. I’ve made my mistakes raising the Junior Junebugs, but boy howdy, nothing like what Ms. Lara did and what folks like Rodrigues are doing.  Cold comfort, but there it is. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That’s sadly interesting. The folk wisdom in my family / circle of friends when posing for photos:  “Either face-on or profile, but if you do a quarter-turn [like Elizabeth is] you’ll look bigger because you’re showing your side AND your front.”

So, it makes sad sense that Elizabeth, trying to look bigger (hide her thinness) would pose thusly.  

Sigh. I’ve made my mistakes raising the Junior Junebugs, but boy howdy, nothing like what Ms. Lara did and what folks like Rodrigues are doing.  Cold comfort, but there it is. 

Obviously it is a sad time for Elizabeth and her family BUT listening to her speak, she comes off passive/aggressive.  Talking about "the enemy" in an aggressive tone and then talking about the new "Love" project.  I always wondered if she could be as, behind the scenes, mean as Gwen.  I think she can. 😕

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I bet we could come up with some ideas for her "Love Project."

• Show love toward the people who leave Remnant Fellowship.
  • Show love for those who have difficulty losing weight.
  • Show love for your children by not spanking them with glue sticks.
  • Add your suggestions here.......
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 12/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, ManyGoats said:

Most weeks its the shepherds who are the top tier leadership.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

Most weeks its the shepherds who are the top tier leadership.

But why do they call them up on the stage? (So everyone can see how holy and important they are is probably the real reason, but I doubt they say that.) What reason do they give for doing that?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

But why do they call them up on the stage? (So everyone can see how holy and important they are is probably the real reason, but I doubt they say that.) What reason do they give for doing that?

I'd guess so everyone knows they're special.  Without that, what would set them apart?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

I'd guess so everyone knows they're special.  Without that, what would set them apart?

Right, we figured that. I'm wondering what Remnant's "official" reason for doing it is. Or have they not ever explained why they do it?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Right, we figured that. I'm wondering what Remnant's "official" reason for doing it is. Or have they not ever explained why they do it?

Honestly I was a member for 10+ years and I have no clue why they did that EVERY time. It was just a thing that happened 🤷🏼‍♀️ I do remember they wanted a full stage for worship after a sermon so the leaders would go up to fill up the stage, but I can’t think of any other reason. Often, the choir would be asked to join on stage as well to help with worship. That’s the best thing I can think of why and I’ve been thinking on it for a few days since it got brought up here

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

19 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

a power and control move so everyone is reminded who is in charge to follow their example 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

a power and control move so everyone is reminded who is in charge to follow their example 

Also aspirational follow our rules and you too can be up here. Then it's a reward for their leadership so they can feel the sacrifices they make are worth it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I believe that Remnant charity work has historically been within the church. They provide a lot of "free" services for members, like moving and home repair. They have not had a ton of interaction with outside groups.  I think the fact that they are reaching out to the community is different than normal. Maybe Elizabeth played that card right.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Observer said:

I believe that Remnant charity work has historically been within the church. They provide a lot of "free" services for members, like moving and home repair. They have not had a ton of interaction with outside groups.  I think the fact that they are reaching out to the community is different than normal. Maybe Elizabeth played that card right.

This was my experience and something that bothered me greatly when I was a member. There was not external charity. It was all about helping your brothers and sisters in the church. I was a part of other organizations that would help the general public but I was judged for taking that time to do something else rather than give my time to Remnant 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic