IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

I thought of Scientology, too. I watch Chris Shelton's You Tube channel. He was in the Sea Org for over a decade  before fleeing Scientology. To be fair, David Muscavigaes successful coup was credited in no small part to Shelly Muscavigaes status in Scientology. She had been part of L Ron Hubbards "inner" circle as a child. Plus Hubbard had been on the run and on the decline years before he passed in 1986. Gwen was still front and center. So I circle back to it will probably be a very slow decline leading to a slow death. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen was RF. Without her it will hard to keep going. Very few groups built around personalities survive the leader dying. The only one that immediately pops into my mind is the Billy Graham association and that is probably because his son not only has a dynamic personality, he is rabidly hungry for power and money. He also very good at making sure churches never really question him or his programs too deeply. 

I don't see Elizabeth having the forceful personality that Franklin Graham has. Michael will for sure not be able to keep it going. So unless someone with a Franklin Graham personality steps up, RF will fade away until one day we read about the church building being sold. 

If all the Brentwood stuff goes away, the group will continue online.  The digital world allows the connections to remain and new content can be generated and circulated in many ways online and in person without holding any real estate.

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ozlsn said:

Who puts the service videos together? I'm wondering if the Bambi clip came from Elizabeth or one of the members -from Elizabeth I could see it as an expression of something she can't express well, from a member it gets more interesting if Gwen was viewed as a "mother goddess" - not really how I saw her role at all.

Videos are prerecorded when Gwen was alive.  Probably no changes made

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

If all the Brentwood stuff goes away, the group will continue online.  The digital world allows the connections to remain and new content can be generated and circulated in many ways online and in person without holding any real estate.

Going to online will probably be part of the last attempts to salvage RF/WD. As we’ve seen over the years at FJ, is hard to maintain a cult following when it is totally online. Especially when the cult was built around one person. IBLP in their rebranding attempt moved a lot of their stuff online. They are still losing money and members like crazy. As much as I would love to see a dramatic collapse like what happened to Vision Forum, I suspect RF and IBLP will just slowly and quietly fade away. Unless, of course some charismatic leader takes over soon and turns the whole thing around. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, Jb003 said:

Mrs Ms ....do you remember where you saw photos of Elizabeth? That's very interesting, as most are thinking it's the other way around. Either way would be a good explanation as to why she has been absent. It's been 9 months. It seems odd she hasn't been there. You would want to be around the people you love and in the place you feel comfort. RF is that place for Elizabeth. Even if she isn't ready to take over 100%. Honestly, if she lost any more weight it seems like she would be hospitalized. 

It was something posted or linked to here. I don’t follow any of the RF crowd or have Instagram. Timing wise I want to say it was within 2 months of the crash, but could be completely wrong. 

Found one photo. RF posted it 20 or 21/06/2021. There was a second one in which she is wearing high waisted jeans with a tied belt and not her usual white face/dark lip combo. Was it a youth group thing? Haven’t seen the link or actual photo yet, but I assume it is a bit newer.

Edited by Mrs Ms
Found one photo
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

IBLP in their rebranding attempt moved a lot of their stuff online. They are still losing money and members like crazy.

Aw, thank you for this insight!  A ray of light in a gloomy world. 

• Upvote 4

On 2/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, Jacked said:

Isn’t there quite a diversification of assets held by RF? Not just Weigh Down, but Exodus Industries and real estate and whatnot?

I wonder if Exodus Industries really does belong directly to the Remnant Fellowship cult. On taking a look at the corporate info I just can't tell. It might belong to Gwen's heirs now. I know the real estate businesses do not belong to the cult as a whole. Take a look at the non-Remnant Fellowship customer's review of an Exodus Industries job and enjoy. Sounds like they were rather slipshod. It's on the Houzz business reviews website. 

https://www.houzz.com/professionals/general-contractors/exodus-industries-pfvwus-pf~1419981077

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

On 2/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, formergothardite said:

Gwen was RF. Without her it will hard to keep going. Very few groups built around personalities survive the leader dying. The only one that immediately pops into my mind is the Billy Graham association and that is probably because his son not only has a dynamic personality, he is rabidly hungry for power and money. He also very good at making sure churches never really question him or his programs too deeply. 

I don't see Elizabeth having the forceful personality that Franklin Graham has. Michael will for sure not be able to keep it going. So unless someone with a Franklin Graham personality steps up, RF will fade away until one day we read about the church building being sold. 

Does Michael still have a vote on what happens at Remnant or Weigh Down???

• Upvote 2

On 2/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, formergothardite said:

Liberty was pretty Falwell sr focused until his death. But probably similar to Franklin Graham in that he had a skill they needed. With Jr. it was the money making machine he turned it into.  At least until the amusing watching from the chair in the bedroom downfall 

• Upvote 3

I believe Michael is totally out of everything. Prayers at the end of the service yesterday were for the "Elizabeth Hannah and Elle Shamblin families". It was a service of 100% music mixed with scripture readings. I did not watch everything but it appears that no music by Michael was played. I wonder if he took his music with him?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

Michael dropping off the face of the Remnant Earth was supposed to be the second thing I posted in the predictions for 2022 thread and forgot to. Now I can’t even claim bragging rights 😭

My only posted prediction hasn’t turned out (Claire Duggar posting a pregnancy announcement early January) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Michael dropping off the face of the Remnant Earth was supposed to be the second thing I posted in the predictions for 2022 thread and forgot to. Now I can’t even claim bragging rights 😭

My only posted prediction hasn’t turned out (Claire Duggar posting a pregnancy announcement early January) 

Post some predictions for March through December in the thread now. Don't worry about posting late.

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ozlsn said:

Who puts the service videos together? I'm wondering if the Bambi clip came from Elizabeth or one of the members -from Elizabeth I could see it as an expression of something she can't express well, from a member it gets more interesting if Gwen was viewed as a "mother goddess" - not really how I saw her role at all.

Gwen did an entire sermon on the movie Bambi to illustrate a certain concept in the Bible. She often included movies in her sermons. Other ones I can think are The Matrix, Superman, and Beauty and the Beast. Lengthy clips from the movies are always included.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, Observer said:

Gwen did an entire sermon on the movie Bambi to illustrate a certain concept in the Bible. She often included movies in her sermons. Other ones I can think are The Matrix, Superman, and Beauty and the Beast. Lengthy clips from the movies are always included.

I wonder if RF was ever threatened with a lawsuit over copyrights.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Observer said:

I remember she referenced  Lord of the Rings once. 

Edited by ElleHouston
English is hard

3 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

I remember she referenced  Lord of the Rings once. 

Avatar and Ground Hog’s Day also if I remember correctly. 

Anyone else can’t stand “secular” songs that they “sing to God?”  Miley Bacus sang “Eternal Flame” so many time while I was there I HATE that song now!  It came on at work the other week and I couldn’t run fast enough to Spotify.  Everyone I work with knows how horrible RF is!  I even had a work watch party when the documentary came out!!!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Avatar and Ground Hog’s Day also if I remember correctly. 

Anyone else can’t stand “secular” songs that they “sing to God?”  Miley Bacus sang “Eternal Flame” so many time while I was there I HATE that song now!  It came on at work the other week and I couldn’t run fast enough to Spotify.  Everyone I work with knows how horrible RF is!  I even had a work watch party when the documentary came out!!!

This cool and hip for Jesus(while still hating the gays) church I once attended used to play Beautiful Day by U2 at the start of every service and now I can’t stand that song. I also cringe at the memory of the time I assisted in a Baptist youth group and we did lots of Matrix themed skits and activities.  It was so bad. Also the Lion King, “remember who you are” was quoted entirely too much. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if RF was ever threatened with a lawsuit over copyrights.

Not that I’m aware of but I don’t remember her using copyrighted materials in her class material that she sold. I only remember her referencing other materials in sermons…that might be how she got around it

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, marynostic said:

I have a question: Who actually are Remnant Royalty? 

Remnant Royalty used to be the members Gwen trusted: her hand-picked leadership and besties around the WDW office.  (I’m being snide here as I have not been close enough Remnant to know for sure how Remnant Royalty was decided, but hey… how else in a cult?) Now that Gwen is gone there must surely be a small group of people calling the shots and determining who will remain RR and who will not.  

On 2/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, marynostic said:

• Upvote 4

On 2/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, marynostic said:

I have a question: Who actually are Remnant Royalty? 

Is that a real title in the church?  Thought that was a moniker 

Just now, DietCherryCoke76 said:

Is that a real title in the church?  Thought that was a moniker 

It’s a moniker…kind of a tongue in cheek term for the inner circle that normally included leadership and their closest friends

• Upvote 5

On 3/4/2022 at 8:01 PM, RFsurvivor said:

It’s a moniker…kind of a tongue in cheek term for the inner circle that normally included leadership and their closest friends

Thanks

• Upvote 1

The Remnant Fellowship cult is a mere shredded scrap of its former self, or so I'm hoping. This past week's so-called sabbath assembly's webcast was just an old video of Gwen lecturing. It consisted of just the video and nothing else. I wonder how it will go tonight for their Wednesday get-together. Have they finally become aware of their lameness and thus don't want anyone to watch the debacle anymore? The cult's main webpage states that Remnant Fellowship is "under the direction" of Elizabeth Hannah. Not very impressive leadership at all, thankfully. And since they aren't really a church nor have any actual beliefs, they have nothing to fall back on now that crazy Gwen Shamblin is gone. I believe that the cult's ownership of that huge church building (tax-free) will keep some people involved for a long while. And in the absence of spiritual riches, they might eventually try to figure out how to reap financial riches from the property. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic