IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone remember the date he posted the photo of his family saying (paraphrasing) how blessed/ grateful he was for his wonderful family.  I'm curious whether they had already separated.

I thought it was end of Sept a few weeks before the papers were served. 

Edited by RFCult72
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

At quick look at Michael's new home listing shows it was sold 10/08/2021 for $500K.  He and Erin separated on 10/14.2021 (this is all public info).

As we suspected Gwen's passing provided an opening for them both. Michael's new place is in Spring Hill, about 30 miles south from Nashville.  Close enough to see his children, but away from RF.

Does anyone remember the date he posted the photo of his family saying (paraphrasing) how blessed/ grateful he was for his wonderful family.  I'm curious whether they had already separated.

I am pretty sure he posted it very close to the day the first 3 episodes of The Way Down” were released. Which was Sept 30. Maybe Erin heard about all that was said in the documentary and then filed. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am pretty sure he posted it very close to the day the first 3 episodes of The Way Down” were released. Which was Sept 30.

Is that a FB account that HE uses regularly? Wouldn't surprise me if someone else had posted that on his behalf trying to make things seem like they were better that they actually were.

• I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Is that a FB account that HE uses regularly? Wouldn't surprise me if someone else had posted that on his behalf trying to make things seem like they were better that they actually were.

Back when it was first posted someone here did comment that it was very awkwardly worded. @freefromthin That might have been you.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Back when it was first posted someone here did comment that it was very awkwardly worded. @freefromthin That might have been you.

I thought the timing made it sound desperate and try hard.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I DO remember that discussion, but I'm not sure whether or not I pointed it out. I wish I could remember the exact wording. It was very off-putting and the timing was VERY hokey.

• I Agree 1

here is the post. He posted the photo on sept 30th

Edited by RFsurvivor
More details
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Nice house for Mike, nice ‘hood, not “too much” (IMHO), like Erin’s manse looks like waay too much house. 

I’d be happy there.

I wonder how his neighbors will treat him, if they know his history. (And it’s the South. They WILL know his history [said with all affection]) :) 

• Upvote 5

I'm intrigued Michael listed himself on the divorce papers as "self-employed"  Self employed as what?

Erin lists she works for Remnant Fellowship International (emphasis mine).  Is that RF's corporate name?  I've never seen it as RF International

• Upvote 5

I'm watching the second part of the doc for the second time. What do you all make of the part where they said that people at the wedding were acting as if nothing happened. Would this be a typical RF response to a tragedy of this magnitude? Was it possible that they just didn't want to overshadow what was supposed to be a happy time for this couple? I'm just wondering if this is as significant as the doc makes it out to be.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

And it’s the South. They WILL know his history [said with all affection])

My guess is that he will receive about 10+ “Bless Your Heart” by the end of this year, lol.

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm intrigued Michael listed himself on the divorce papers as "self-employed"  Self employed as what?

His music label is a legitimate and registered LLC. He pumps out some tunes every now and then. I wonder if he plans to release music under that label that is “non-RF” related. This is something I have been pondering for some time, and plan on keeping an eye on.

He can easily release his music on discog, Bandcamp, SoundCloud etc…

3 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Was it possible that they just didn't want to overshadow what was supposed to be a happy time for this couple?

Both. Quite literally, both. You (Edit: The Cult) have zero options outside of what you were presented, which is what they present.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
Clarification
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

My guess is that he will receive about 10+ “Bless Your Heart” by the end of this year, lol.

His music label is a legitimate and registered LLC.

Both. Quite literally, both. You have zero options outside of what you presented, which is what they present.

It came across as something more sinister (at least to me) in the doc. Seemed like it was presented as if they typically ignore grief, which didn't quite seem to be the same thing to me in this situation. It would be understandable (to me) to not want to turn what should be a happy occasion into a sad one, even in light of the tragic events that had occurred. They referred to them as being "happy fake happy", and I was wondering whether or not that was a fair assumption.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

It came across as something more sinister (at least to me) in the doc. Seemed like it was presented as if they typically ignore grief, which didn't quite seem to be the same thing to me in this situation. It would be understandable (to me) to not want to turn what should be a happy occasion into a sad one, even in light of the tragic events that had occurred. They referred to them as being "happy fake happy", and I was wondering whether or not that was a fair assumption.

(My post work) Grammar is a bitch, so please allow me to me rephrase.

You’re 100% spot on. In my experience, in this case, there was no viable, self grieving/processing “option”. Only options were through the environment itself and under the “rules” and “boundaries” presented by leadership. Keeping that in mind, I believe that fake smiling and happiness was all for the camera.

I’d be SHOCKED to learn if any RF members present at that wedding didn’t know about the plane crash.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
English hard
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

(My post work) Grammar is a bitch, so please allow me to me rephrase.

You’re 100% spot on. In my experience, in this case, there was no viable “option” presented by leadership and the environment itself, to properly grieve in such times unless they were under the “rules” and “boundaries” presented by leadership. Keeping that in mind, I believe that fake smiling and happiness was all for the camera.

I’d be SHOCKED to learn if any RF members present at that wedding didn’t know about the plane crash.

OK. Thanks! I was wondering what a former insider's take might be, so I TOTALLY appreciate this response. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 4/29/2022 at 6:56 AM, VooDooChild said:

I think Meryl Streep could do the part well and give it justice.  Also, because IloveMerySteepandwantobeherwhenigrowup.

How could I have overlooked Cate Blanchett? 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I wonder what was going on at the wedding in actuality - like I'm sure people were talking about the crash, etc. The public presentation might have been business as usual, but surely some people were talking.

I get not wanting to spoil a wedding with the sads, but seems to me like for something that monumental I'd have sent someone to run get 7 candles to light or 7 roses or something in their memory and had a prayer or something. Just a quick acknowlegement, you know? "We remember those who sadly couldn't be here to share the joy of this event..." sort of thing, like many people already do - I can't count the number of wedding programs I've printed that say "altar flowers are in memory of grandma and grandpa lastname and great-aunt whosit" and stuff like that.

Despite the fact those 7 weren't going to be there anyway, because Trump was blathering on somewhere. 

• Upvote 9

33 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I wonder what was going on at the wedding in actuality - like I'm sure people were talking about the crash, etc. The public presentation might have been business as usual, but surely some people were talking.

I think what was so telling was that Delaney’s Dad was explaining that their family was noticing that nobody was talking about it. Not just in front of the cameras but anywhere at the wedding. I have to admit it was affirming to me to hear that someone else has witnessed the absurdity of not talking about things. I have noticed extreme incongruous actions compared to reality and have been like “wait! What?!  Is nobody going to acknowledge X?!”

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Truth sets you free said:

The wedding video from that day...

The singer (& song) remind me of done if TGE music from “Crazy Rich Asians.”  Anybody know it it’s her? Aldi, anybody know what RF charges for weddings? 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2

On 5/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely! Tedd Anger has to have even more skeletons in his closet. I think it’s why they stepped down as leaders. I think there’s a big skeleton in his closet and he doesn’t want the scrutiny.

I always thought Joe must not have liked Tedd and that is why Tedd stepped down. Joe probably thought that Tedd had too much influence over Gwen

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

The singer (& song) remind me of done if TGE music from “Crazy Rich Asians.”  Anybody know it it’s her? Aldi, anybody know what RF charges for weddings? 

Yellow by Coldplay.

53 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Yellow by Coldplay.

Thank you! 
The artist whose voice I think I recognize is Kina Grannis. She sings “Csn’t Help Falling In Love With You” in Crazy Rich Asians, but “Yelliw” is also a featured song in the film. . I’m so confuzzled.  

Back to the wedding video: is the closing camera shot up to the sky a nod to TGE day’s other events?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Aldi, anybody know what RF charges for weddings? 

Varies wildly based on the size of the wedding. Also I believe they really upped the prices since I was married. Low end was for a private ceremony with very few guests which I think was a few hundred dollars (basically cost of food and cake) up to tens of thousands for full church weddings. I don’t know how they have adjusted costs since I last heard numbers from a wedding. 

• Thank You 3

9 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Varies wildly based on the size of the wedding. Also I believe they really upped the prices since I was married. Low end was for a private ceremony with very few guests which I think was a few hundred dollars (basically cost of food and cake) up to tens of thousands for full church weddings. I don’t know how they have adjusted costs since I last heard numbers from a wedding. 

Around $25,000 for a larger wedding. But the church has next to $0 costs since all labor (and often some food) is donated. Absurd if you ask me but nobody in RF cares one iota about my opinion :)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I have wondered if weddings have become very different in the way they are done now that Gwen is gone. Before she died, there seemed to be so many weddings. Now they seem few and far between. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic