IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

12 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Would “sing-songy” or “soothing” help describe it?  It’s what I recall most about hearing a Warren Jeffs sermon to FLDS members. Trying to be hypnotizing, I thought. 

YES, YES, YES! Soothing...THANK YOU. I sometimes have difficulty recalling words, but that is EXACTLY the way that I would describe it. I often feel like it's designed to induce a trance-like state OR at the VERY LEAST manipulate people's emotions in some way. Not sure whether that's a bit of a stretch, but that's the way that it seems to me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

26 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

YES, YES, YES! Soothing...THANK YOU. I sometimes have difficulty recalling words, but that is EXACTLY the way that I would describe it. I often feel like it's designed to induce a trance-like state OR at the VERY LEAST manipulate people's emotions in some way. Not sure whether that's a bit of a stretch, but that's the way that it seems to me.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck …. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I cannot the imagine that the collection plate isn’t dropping with no real leadership at the helm.  Any idea if service attendance is dropping?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 6/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Would “sing-songy” or “soothing” help describe it?  It’s what I recall most about hearing a Warren Jeffs sermon to FLDS members. Trying to be hypnotizing, I thought. 

Ernest Angely is another fraudster who used that tactic.  His replacement (not related to him) has the exact same speech pattern, which is what has me convinced that the speech pattern is a tool used for manipulation.

• Upvote 6

39 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Ernest Angely is another fraudster who used that tactic.  His replacement (not related to him) has the exact same speech pattern, which is what has me convinced that the speech pattern is a tool used for manipulation.

I had a conversation with one of my sisters a few months back about “preacher voices”. So many of the evangelical ministers we listened to growing up all preached in the same sort of speech pattern, many using the same phrases. And it wasn’t their normal voice, they only talked that way when preaching. I think it must be something they learn as a way to stir people’s emotions.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

This sing-songy tonal pattern reminds me of the recordings of Warren Jeffs on the new “Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey” miniseries on Netflix.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:03 PM, Tatar-tot said:

I cannot the imagine that the collection plate isn’t dropping with no real leadership at the helm.  Any idea if service attendance is dropping?

Never had a collection plate in all the years I went

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Never had a collection plate in all the years I went

They don’t need a collection plate , there’s a Drop box built into the wall in the foyer because they didn’t like having a wicker basket full of checks and envelopes sitting out in the open lmao. That was added to the building around 2007
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

29 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

They don’t need a collection plate , there’s a Drop box built into the wall in the foyer because they didn’t like having a wicker basket full of checks and envelopes sitting out in the open lmao. That was added to the building around 2007

Except for Feast of Harvest where atleast when I was a member they would have you present your first fruits (checks preferred) at the front/side of the stage. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I’m surprised they don’t just draft the money directly from bank accounts. One of my brothers goes to this weird cult like church and that is what they do. That seems like something RF would do because it gives them more control over their members.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I’m surprised they don’t just draft the money directly from bank accounts. One of my brothers goes to this weird cult like church and that is what they do. That seems like something RF would do because it gives them more control over their members.

I think most members probably pay for regularly billed RF subscriptions and buy books for RF classes.  There probably are plenty of electronic payments coming in all the time.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They do encourage members to draft their tithe. I have family members at RF and that is what they do. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

On 5/30/2022 at 10:12 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Honestly, there was a lot of interesting and new (at least to me) information in Dan's latest video.  Also a lot of speculation with is par for the course with Dan.  Worth a watch in my opinion but you can definitely skim past the first part at the beginning.

It is new information because he makes it up and twists things around. Better not to support this creep. He has a terrible reputation on the aviation web.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That makes more sense. I guess I just assumed Michael would move away from Brentwood. Maybe to another suburb but just out of Brentwood since he’s left the church. I imagine none of his “friends” from RF will talk to him much now. 

from what I understand, Michael has moved out of area to an undisclosed location with girlfriend.  He is pressuring  Elizabeth to sell Ashlawn asap!!!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, finacial ice said:

from what I understand, Michael has moved out of area to an undisclosed location with girlfriend.  He is pressuring  Elizabeth to sell Ashlawn asap!!!

Do you know if they are currently trying to set Erin up with anyone in the cult?

• Upvote 5

I tuned in to the Sabbath service and heard Elizabeth call in with a rallying cry for them to have nothing to do with those who gossip about the leaders of the church. She admonished them to go "to the top" and discuss things directly with leadership. This was after they played a video of Gwen talking about divisiveness. It seems like Elizabeth feels the need to impress upon the members that she is working hard behind the scenes to take care of the church. They seemed to be bent on removing or weeding out those who have issues with the way that the leadership is moving the church forward.

I find it interesting that she is still calling in rather than doing in-person sermons as Gwen did. I totally get needing a mourning period after all that she's been through, but I'm surprised that there has not been at least a video call or something.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Are they pre-recorded pieces?  Does she maybe have an issue with public speaking?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Are they pre-recorded pieces?  Does she maybe have an issue with public speaking?

When Elizabeth was a teenager then married and got her children she would talk on stage.  Elizabeth was a leader in the youth and I remember she spoke at ski retreats. Not certain what happened 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I tuned in to the Sabbath service and heard Elizabeth call in with a rallying cry for them to have nothing to do with those who gossip about the leaders of the church. She admonished them to go "to the top" and discuss things directly with leadership. This was after they played a video of Gwen talking about divisiveness. It seems like Elizabeth feels the need to impress upon the members that she is working hard behind the scenes to take care of the church. They seemed to be bent on removing or weeding out those who have issues with the way that the leadership is moving the church forward.

I find it interesting that she is still calling in rather than doing in-person sermons as Gwen did. I totally get needing a mourning period after all that she's been through, but I'm surprised that there has not been at least a video call or something.

Or someone speaking if she cannot provide real leadership. Love or hate her Gwen could rally the troops to get things done.  Gwen led her flock.  I cannot imagine the current method of running services is providing any sense of community or spiritual fulfillment.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Or someone speaking if she cannot provide real leadership. Love or hate her Gwen could rally the troops to get things done.  Gwen led her flock.  I cannot imagine the current method of running services is providing any sense of community or spiritual fulfillment.  

I think they are getting a lot of that from hearing the testimonies from people about how great Remnant is and how they are all here to stay. I think hearing that over and over is somehow comforting for them. Plus they get to sing songs together and just BE together in the bi-weekly assemblies. On the surface it is business as usual. Of course, minus a charismatic leader.

Someone asked if Elizabeth' speeches are pre-recorded...I think many of them are, but the one today seemed like an actual phone call. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Gwen and Elvis Presley

With the new Elvis movie out, it has me thinking about Gwen and Elvis. 

She grew up in Memphis, Tennessee and certainly knew of him.  She once said she had a friend that dated him. 

It was also one of the reasons I never gave much thought to her hair and style - I figured it was from growing up when and where she did.  I've also always wondered if the name "Weigh Down" was a take on Elvis' Way Down song.  Oh no, now that'll get stuck in my head - Waaay down by the fireplace!  Way, way on down!" 

Did Gwen have any other connections to Elvis?  Does anyone else remember her talking about him? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JuneJuly said:

Gwen and Elvis Presley

With the new Elvis movie out, it has me thinking about Gwen and Elvis. 

She grew up in Memphis, Tennessee and certainly knew of him.  She once said she had a friend that dated him. 

It was also one of the reasons I never gave much thought to her hair and style - I figured it was from growing up when and where she did.  I've also always wondered if the name "Weigh Down" was a take on Elvis' Way Down song.  Oh no, now that'll get stuck in my head - Waaay down by the fireplace!  Way, way on down!" 

Did Gwen have any other connections to Elvis?  Does anyone else remember her talking about him? 

Graceland and Ashlawn have some similarities. 

• Upvote 1

I just parachute onto this thread occasionally, and it occurred to me that nothing is happening. Nothing. No one can admit the entire apparatus is running on muscle memory.  Their church was a personality cult, and is now a mausoleum for Gwen. 

Elizabeth, for whatever reason, is (literally) phoning it in.

There's no leadership to buoy up the congregation by celebrating Gwen as their founder while moving forward inspired by their own vision of what a church should be. Gwen surrounded herself with followers,  certainly no one was allowed to challenge the status quo of worshiping her (not God).  Nothing is going to rise out of the ashes. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

58 minutes ago, Howl said:

I just parachute onto this thread occasionally, and it occurred to me that nothing is happening. Nothing. No one can admit the entire apparatus is running on muscle memory.

My impression as well. Those wonderful douks who tune in to the services - is attendance the same? More? Fewer?  

Because I try to limit my screen time, I Hafengebiet observed whether the usual (?) summer camps, etc., are going on. Anybody got info?  TUA!!! 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

My impression as well. Those wonderful douks who tune in to the services - is attendance the same? More? Fewer?  

Because I try to limit my screen time, I Hafengebiet observed whether the usual (?) summer camps, etc., are going on. Anybody got info?  TUA!!! 

Tried to look up "duok" to be sure I wanted to answer to that, LOL! The sanctuary seems pretty full. They had their usual camp, complete with a kickoff with singing and dancing. They still had the twelve tribes and they had camp counselors and all of that. They made a special point of mentioning "out-of-towners". I always found it odd that they would single them out since they are so unified and all of that. Maybe it's to show that there are people coming from different places in the world? As someone else mentioned, there's probably some muscle memory there. Certain things have likely been well-established, such as festivals, camps and the like that no longer require the watchful eye of someone like Gwen.

Seems to be pretty much same old same old with the exception of Elizabeth calling in versus doing live sermons like Gwen did.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic