IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

I listened to the podcast and I am also looking forward to the new episodes that are supposed to come out in April. I can't help wondering whether or not there will actually be any NEW information. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I listened to the podcast and I am also looking forward to the new episodes that are supposed to come out in April. I can't help wondering whether or not there will actually be any NEW information. 

I’m curious about that as well!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jacked said:

Was there a livestream last night?

Yes, they included a rerun of one of Gwen's sermons and a long, disjointed, incoherent phone call from Elizabeth.

• Thank You 3

22 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Yes, they included a rerun of one of Gwen's sermons and a long, disjointed, incoherent phone call from Elizabeth.

Every time I hear about Elizabeth and her lack of attention span to form a complete sentence, I think of that scene from Black Panther where Killmonger is like “Is this your King?!”  

like seriously, this is their Leader? 😂 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

While I liked the first episodes of the HBO special, it felt somewhat disjointed in the way this whole story was being told. Still, I look forward to watching the remainder of the docuseries. 

Article I read today:

“Episodes 4 and 5 of The Way Down are set to be released on HBO Max on April 28, 2022. It is anticipated that these episodes will focus more on the plane crash and how the church has handled the aftermath of the event.”

“The team said there was a certain amount of freedom that came with Shamblin’s death and meant they got a lot of incoming calls.”

“The need of the participants to tell their story is the most important thing. We didn’t make anyone talk, they wanted to talk,” said director Marina Zenovich.

“The Way Down looks at the legacy of Remnant’s infamous leader and the second part examines the mysterious circumstances surrounding the cause of the crash and investigation into the aftermath, including new stories from former survivors who felt compelled to share their experience following Shamblin’s death.”

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I am even more interested in these 2 episodes compared to the first 3 because I have a feeling there may be some new info we’ve never heard. The first three were an introduction to Gwen’s rise to power and cult. But we on FJ knew quite a bit of it. Im not saying we knew everything in the first 3 episodes. There were definitely some wow moments. Especially surrounding Michael. However I’m really curious to know how things have gone down since the crash.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I wonder if they did again get delayed by reworking the content after news of Michael's divorce. Seems like the sort of thing they might wish to include.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

I wonder if they did again get delayed by reworking the content after news of Michael's divorce. Seems like the sort of thing they might wish to include.

Has the divorce been confirmed? Last I heard it was rumours or drawing conclusions because of the leaders being reshuffled on the RF website.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Has the divorce been confirmed? Last I heard it was rumours or drawing conclusions because of the leaders being reshuffled on the RF website.

Last I heard they already got the divorce. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

22 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Not from me, I'm just going off what was mentioned here, the radio silence and the service changes. Glad to here from @ElleHouston who seems to have more insight.

• Upvote 3

Honestly I would be surprised if they haven’t divorced. His own mother got a divorce after saying it wasn’t sallowed for many years. Then she died suddenly. Soon after the documentary came out with a ton of really bad stuff about him cheating on his wife, preying on women in the church, and behaving in a very dangerous way with a gun. They were likely already having a lot of marital problems. I doubt many could get through all that and stay married. Even if you think god says you should stay together. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I mostly skimmed through Saturday's service but I did pick up the testimony theme which seemed to be 'We're Not Going Anywhere.' Several people mentioned that.

I did listen to Ted and Candace Anger testify for about 15 minutes. Yes! They are still around! All praise to Gwen, all praise to Elizabeth, this is the best church, it's the only church where people have a relationship with God, etc.

I'm always amused to hear Remnant folks talk about how they 'make God look good' and Candace mentioned that twice. She also surprised me with something new. She was talking about being under authority and how when Ted asks her to do something and she does it, it makes his life easier, and it makes their small group leaders' lives easier, which makes Elizabeth's life easier, which -- get this -- makes God's life easier.

I'm trying to wean myself off watching their services -- I do have better things to do -- but it's been hard. It's kind of addictive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

A friend of mine writes tv & film reviews and gets advance screeners. He was texting me while watching because he knows I’m interested in Gwen & Remnant. Did we know Gwen filmed a pilot for a reality show called “Weigh Down South?” His reaction while watching was “OMG! THIS PILOT!” 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

A friend of mine writes tv & film reviews and gets advance screeners. He was texting me while watching because he knows I’m interested in Gwen & Remnant. Did we know Gwen filmed a pilot for a reality show called “Weigh Down South?” His reaction while watching was “OMG! THIS PILOT!” 

Please tell me I can see this pilot a somewhere?!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FeministShrew said:

I knew she was on “The Secret Lives of Women” episode but that was all the reality tv I knew of. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, RFfamANON said:

Please tell me I can see this pilot a somewhere?!

Apparently it features in one of the Season 2 episodes. I’m not sure if they have the whole thing or just footage.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

Yea, Gwen had recorded about 12 hours of "Weigh Down South" with a production company called 51 Minds (a real production company, not some RF production like the 'Life with Gwen and Joe" YouTube videos).  This was made of content all approved by Gwen.  The show was trying to find a buyer, but it was never picked up/sold. 

They showed somewhat of a sizzle reel of this at the SXSW Featured Session (not the 20 minute "Love Session" version on youtube linked a few posts above, there was a longer 'Featured Session' later in the SXSW conference schedule).  I assume that clip will be in the upcoming documentary.  It's nothing special for those that are familiar with how Gwen works.  I mean it's just more Gwen after all. 

But yea, Gwen wanted her own reality TV show (controlled by her), but that pursuit ultimately failed.  She did however get this documentary instead (something she couldn't control). 😀

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

More testimonials tonight about how great and lifechanging "this place" is. Also more admonishments to stay strong and committed because the enemy wants to destroy the true church...which is of course their church. Seems like they've been trying to prep for the impact of the upcoming documentary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

3.5 million dollars for 13 *acres* in Brentwood is a freaking steal.  I wouldn't be so sure about someone wanting that house; they could sell that land to a developer and be set for a couple of lifetimes.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic