IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

On 2/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, ElleHouston said:

I remember she referenced  Lord of the Rings once. 

Avatar and Ground Hog’s Day are movies I can remember. Also when they change songs to sing them to God. Like Miley Baccus sings “Eternal Flame”. I hate that song now that I heard it about 5 time in 4 months. 

Anyone have any idea how their Passover Weekend went?  Elizabeth show up?  For her sake I kinda hope not. She needs to continue to grieve. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Avatar and Ground Hog’s Day are movies I can remember. Also when they change songs to sing them to God. Like Miley Baccus sings “Eternal Flame”. I hate that song now that I heard it about 5 time in 4 months. 

Anyone have any idea how their Passover Weekend went?  Elizabeth show up?  For her sake I kinda hope not. She needs to continue to grieve. 

She recorded a sermon, which they were very excited to receive, since it was her first Passover sermon. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

She recorded a sermon, which they were very excited to receive, since it was her first Passover sermon. 

I wonder if it was more about passover or about the resurrection.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

I wonder what percentage of the sermon was Prince of Egypt clips

• WTF 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if it was more about passover or about the resurrection.

It was a LOT about Passover. In fact, in Gwen's video she referenced THREE Passovers (the Passover of the Israelites, then the Passover of the Resurrection of Christ, then the beginning of Remnant Fellowship), and I believe that the 4th was referenced by Elizabeth as the continuation of The Remnant after the passing of the 7. It was a very interesting take on it all. The overall message was the that enemy did not want The Remnant to be started, nor did he want it to succeed after the death of the 7. If any of that sounds confusing to those familiar with Christian theology, I get it. 

There's also testimony going on as I type this about how awesome The Remnant is and how they are not crumbling. I logged on to try and listen to Elizabeth's sermon again and I happened upon the live testimonies.

33 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I wonder what percentage of the sermon was Prince of Egypt clips

IIRC there were clips of that cartoon as well as clips from some other series about Jesus. I couldn't place that one, though.

They are gushing about Elizabeth's sermon and her dream about the lions. That was another interesting part of her sermon, because she talked about holding a baby lion and being fearful because the father lion was standing outside of her window. She said that the father lion was there to protect the baby lion and since SHE was holding the baby lion, that meant SHE was being protected as well. So God is protecting her because she is doing His will. 

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

They are gushing about Elizabeth's sermon and her dream about the lions. That was another interesting part of her sermon, because she talked about holding a baby lion and being fearful because the father lion was standing outside of her window. She said that the father lion was there to protect the baby lion and since SHE was holding the baby lion, that meant SHE was being protected as well. So God is protecting her because she is doing His will. 

Jesus fcking Christ. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

7 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

It was a LOT about Passover. In fact, in Gwen's video she referenced THREE Passovers (the Passover of the Israelites, then the Passover of the Resurrection of Christ, then the beginning of Remnant Fellowship), and I believe that the 4th was referenced by Elizabeth as the continuation of The Remnant after the passing of the 7. 

Wait did they actually refer to them as “The Seven”…if so that just sounds creepy AF. 

also, are they not aware that the lioness’ basically do all the work and protection?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Just now, RFsurvivor said:

Wait did they actually refer to them as “The Seven”…if so that just sounds creepy AF. 

also, are they not aware that the lioness’ basically do all the work and protection?

They do refer to them that way. I find it creepy as well. In fact, it was "Gwen and the seven", which I kept thinking would have been 8 people, but anyway...

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Just wanted to add that I've also heard them referred to as "The Beloved Seven".

Also “The righteous seven”. As in “the righteous seven went to heaven so the God could pour out a double blessing upon Elizabeth.”

• Sad 4
  • WTF 1

It is creepy because I’m guessing they will see the divine seven dying like they see Jesus dying on the cross. And now that they were gone, they will be held up as these perfect people and treated like saints. I know Gwen was always held up as perfect. But the 6 with her will be held up as perfect too now that they died with her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is creepy because I’m guessing they will see the divine seven dying like they see Jesus dying on the cross. And now that they were gone, they will be held up as these perfect people and treated like saints. I know Gwen was always held up as perfect. But the 6 with her will be held up as perfect too now that they died with her.

That is exactly what I see happening here.

• Upvote 3

On 4/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, freefromthin said:

It was a LOT about Passover. In fact, in Gwen's video she referenced THREE Passovers (the Passover of the Israelites, then the Passover of the Resurrection of Christ, then the beginning of Remnant Fellowship), and I believe that the 4th was referenced by Elizabeth as the continuation of The Remnant after the passing of the 7. It was a very interesting take on it all. The overall message was the that enemy did not want The Remnant to be started, nor did he want it to succeed after the death of the 7. If any of that sounds confusing to those familiar with Christian theology, I get it. 

So the rest of RF got passed over, just not the 7? So the 7 weren’t pure and God didnt want to save them from the angel of death? It sounds like they’ve mixed their metaphors so badly that they don’t even know what they’re saying anymore. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

So the rest of RF got passed over, just not the 7? So the 7 weren’t pure and God didnt want to save them from the angel of death? It sounds like they’ve mixed their metaphors so badly that they don’t even know what they’re saying anymore. 

I THINK what they've been TRYING to say is that while the death of the 7 WAS tragic and COULD have led to the demise of RF, the fact that RF HASN'T folded and has come out STRONGER THAN EVER is the result of yet another Passover. The enemy WANTED to see the ending of RF, but instead it's even BETTER with this rebirth and Elizabeth at the helm. They have stated numerous times that the church was never about just one person. It seems as if they need the outside world to believe that they believe that.

***This is what I have surmised after listening to numerous testimonies from members as well as Elizabeth's sermon and call-ins.

Edited by freefromthin
missing words
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

4 hours ago, freefromthin said:

***This is what I have surmised after listening to numerous testimonies from members as well as Elizabeth's sermon and call-ins.

I don’t know how you tolerate it, but thanks for doing it so the rest of us don't have to!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

I don’t know how you tolerate it, but thanks for doing it so the rest of us don't have to!

You're welcome. Sometimes I wish at least ONE other person was here to corroborate my story. When I type recaps of services I often wonder if I actually HEARD what I THINK I heard. I can't make this stuff up, though.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, freefromthin said:

You're welcome. Sometimes I wish at least ONE other person was here to corroborate my story. When I type recaps of services I often wonder if I actually HEARD what I THINK I heard. I can't make this stuff up, though.

I totally understand that feeling. I’m glad I have @RFSurvivor_2 to confirm memories and how crazy our history was there. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

I watched the wedding tonight. It’s the first one I have watched since Gwen died. So different. Durville did a reading from 1Cor and then spoke about the bride and groom and some of their backgrounds. Then they did the vows, Mark Jost did the rings, signing of the book, and then Martin Boerman did the Fellowship vows to the couple. The kiss and a closing prayer and we are done here. Boom. No sermon. Lots of empty seats.

Edit: There were 191 watching online. 

Edited by Observer
Forf
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 7

18 hours ago, Observer said:

I watched the wedding tonight. It’s the first one I have watched since Gwen died. So different. Durville did a reading from 1Cor and then spoke about the bride and groom and some of their backgrounds. Then they did the vows, Mark Jost did the rings, signing of the book, and then Martin Boerman did the Fellowship vows to the couple. The kiss and a closing prayer and we are done here. Boom. No sermon. Lots of empty seats.

If that's significantly different than when Gwod was with them, maybe it's an indication that RF overall can become something different over time.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Observer said:

Make that Chris Boreman lol and something else, this was the first wedding people who attended wore just regular clothes not formals

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/22/2022 at 5:27 PM, formergothardite said:

Gwen pretty much admitted she had a drinking problem. I really think she was drunk during some of those live chats. She could barely put a sentence together and compared to Joe she looked like a total fool. I bet that is why they stopped the live videos. 

There was a Live with Gwen & Joe that talked about how they were taking a break from drinking or at least stopped drinking wine midday because, like, whoa, they realized that they'd drunk a whole bottle over lunch --- or something like that. I wonder if the video is still posted. 

I used to worry about GS at big events because she always had a wine glass in her hand and would sorta stare at you and say how much she just loved you. (Yeah, and my college roommate used to do that in bars every Saturday....) At those times it seemed that Amy Stites and crew would watch to make sure you moved along quickly so there wasn't a lot of chance to "talk."

• Upvote 11

The thing is, very thin people who don’t eat much will get drunk much faster than larger people who have a full stomach. I think Gwen was probably drunk a lot. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Also, Jimmy Fallon interviewed Chrissy Teigen on The Tonight Show the other night and they talked about the docuseries for about 5 minutes.  Crazy hearing even Jimmy Fallon talk about Remnant, Gwen's hair, the craziness of it all, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

I won’t be able to watch the show right away tomorrow. But I’ll try to report back on it as soon as I can. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic