IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 22: The Great & Powerful Oz-Lizabeth

nelliebelle1197

If Michael was smart, he wouldn't come to us to spill the beans, he would go to HBO and get hired as a consultant on their Remnant-inspired movie.  Or write a book.  Being Gwen's son, I am sure he learned a thing or two about exploiting his situation for $.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh he wouldn’t join us here. Not many of us would be fans since he was consistently cheating on his wife with very young women. Bleh.

It would probably go like the person who either was David Shamblin or friends with him who showed up here acting like David wasn’t a part of all anything bad. Michael, if he did show up, would probably bolt the second he got called out on his bad actions. 

He could make money talking about what Gwen and David were truly like as parents. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, freefromthin said:

As I listen to these testimonies, I can't help wondering WHO they are trying to convince.

I slogged through much of that service, too, and it seemed to me like they were directly addressing things that were said in the last two episodes of "The Way Down." The thing Patrick Stites said AND the fact that Rhonna Rickman got up and testified. (She was mentioned in the documentary as having had to 'sit out' due to weight gain.)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, freefromthin said:

As I listen to these testimonies, I can't help wondering WHO they are trying to convince.

Themselves

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Michael moved clear out of Nashville to East Tennessee. 

Edited by ElleHouston
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Something that I find interesting...In the beginning of the aftermath following Gwen's death, Durville and a few others were all up on the news stating that Remnant would press on and stand behind Gwen's children and that THEY were going to lead the church. Now Michael is gone and after ALL of his musical contributions, etc, there is NO MENTION of him AT ALL. I just don't get HOW they move on and act like people pretty much never existed. 

• Upvote 6

I know the grandkids are still young but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were placed on the leaders page once they are married off at 19 to another RF 19 year old. Grace grew up in this. It’s all she knows. I think she could probably handle the attention better than her mom. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know the grandkids are still young but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were placed on the leaders page once they are married off at 19 to another RF 19 year old. Grace grew up in this. It’s all she knows. I think she could probably handle the attention better than her mom. 

I imagine she will marry pretty young and the couple will become youth leaders/ministry leaders at first but move up quickly. 

If this had happened a few years into the future and Grace would’ve been old enough, they might have skipped Elizabeth to an extent. We’ll never know, but I have thought about that a few times.

Edited by RFsurvivor
More thoughts.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Now Michael is gone and after ALL of his musical contributions, etc, there is NO MENTION of him AT ALL.

As far as I can tell, they've even quit singing any of the songs he wrote. I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong about that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Micheal needs an epic amount of therapy. No matter how shitty Gwen was, she was still his mother. And RF was his entire life. He has lost his mother, his family, his community and his darkest secrets were put on television for the workd to see. 

I hope he is still able to see his kids. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

his darkest secrets were put on television for the world to see. 

I cannot believe that Michael is the only RF-er who ever cheated, took drugs, drank to excess, etc, etc.  He's the one we know about.   It's all out there because he's Gwen's son and scion of the RF Royal Family.

Based on nothing but a hunch, I believe there are other RF Royalty who have done the same as Michael.  Those secrets are still secret, but nothing secret remains that way forever.

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I cannot believe that Michael is the only RF-er who ever cheated, took drugs, drank to excess, etc, etc.  He's the one we know about.   It's all out there because he's Gwen's son and scion of the RF Royal Family.

Based on nothing but a hunch, I believe there are other RF Royalty who have done the same as Michael.  Those secrets are still secret, but nothing secret remains that way forever.

Definitely! Tedd Anger has to have even more skeletons in his closet. I think it’s why they stepped down as leaders. I think there’s a big skeleton in his closet and he doesn’t want the scrutiny.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I saw some previous posts about RF cult at Philips in Nashville, I am well aware of this "infiltration" and how it started if anyone has any questions. I just finished the final two episodes and now stumbling across this board, so much to go through here!

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, WayDownNashville said:

I saw some previous posts about RF cult at Philips in Nashville, I am well aware of this "infiltration" and how it started if anyone has any questions. I just finished the final two episodes and now stumbling across this board, so much to go through here!

I would be interested in an overview about how it got started.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I think Rob Day might have a few skeletons too as he's been MIA since he left Leadership.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Helen Byrd had yet another great soundbite in the latest episodes of the documentary when she said something along the lines of (paraphrased) “If you’re fat, Remnant will hide you better than the KFC recipe!” If anyone from Remnant deserved to be launched into reality TV stardom by Weigh Down South, it was Helen and not Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Helen Byrd had yet another great soundbite in the latest episodes of the documentary when she said something along the lines of (paraphrased) “If you’re fat, Remnant will hide you better than the KFC recipe!” If anyone from Remnant deserved to be launched into reality TV stardom by Weigh Down South, it was Helen and not Gwen. 

YES! I remember her saying that and I ROLLED! 

As far as Michael's music, it seems like they HAVE played some of his songs during services, but they no longer flash his name on the screen as they did in days past. It seemed like one of Gwen's bragging rights to have a son who wrote most of the music for the church. He also wrote what they called Viewsicals (or some such), too. I guess they won't be promoting those anymore.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Umm I have seen people drunk in 2019 when I was there. They have to be stupid drunk for me to see it! 

I know many who have taken drugs before they got out. Know that they snuck out their home before they could leave. So much pain in that place. Who would believe that you go to a “church” function and get drunk!!!!

5 hours ago, WayDownNashville said:

I would love to hear how it got started. I have my own stories about how the RF people would BASH their bosses!  You know they are in authority over you and you should respect your boss! 

• Upvote 5

Some official information on Michael and Erin's divorce is now public.

Being that Erin is the plaintiff, that means she is the one who filed.    

Here are the first two pages.  (Nothing much on the few remaining pages).  

image.png.354e6e7a1d6a2fdb2b705dec0596d2dc.png

image.png.871c09076a387bb95b15cbd6fc75f23b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

On 5/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Themselves

Amen

16 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

As far as I can tell, they've even quit singing any of the songs he wrote. I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Still using a few of them 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Something that I find interesting...In the beginning of the aftermath following Gwen's death, Durville and a few others were all up on the news stating that Remnant would press on and stand behind Gwen's children and that THEY were going to lead the church. Now Michael is gone and after ALL of his musical contributions, etc, there is NO MENTION of him AT ALL. I just don't get HOW they move on and act like people pretty much never existed. 

I think this might be common in cults, and very religious families. I know part of shunning (an Amish practice) includes acting like the person never existed and never mentioning them again. It’s something that boggles my mind being from a culture and religion that doesn’t do this. With as awful as Remnant can be, I can easily see them acting like those who have left never existed. 

• Upvote 5

May I beg an indulgence? What is “the Phillips RF in Nashville,” please? 
And thank you! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Some official information on Michael and Erin's divorce is now public.

Being that Erin is the plaintiff, that means she is the one who filed.    

Here are the first two pages.  (Nothing much on the few remaining pages).

Thank you.  Irreconcilable differences can cover so many things, including infidelity.

• Upvote 2

At quick look at Michael's new home listing shows it was sold 10/08/2021 for $500K.  He and Erin separated on 10/14.2021 (this is all public info).

As we suspected Gwen's passing provided an opening for them both. Michael's new place is in Spring Hill, about 30 miles south from Nashville.  Close enough to see his children, but away from RF.

Does anyone remember the date he posted the photo of his family saying (paraphrasing) how blessed/ grateful he was for his wonderful family.  I'm curious whether they had already separated.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

At quick look at Michael's new home listing shows it was sold 10/08/2021 for $500K.  He and Erin separated on 10/14.2021 (this is all public info).

As we suspected Gwen's passing provided an opening for them both. Michael's new place is in Spring Hill, about 30 miles south from Nashville.  Close enough to see his children, but away from RF.

Does anyone remember the date he posted the photo of his family saying (paraphrasing) how blessed/ grateful he was for his wonderful family.  I'm curious whether they had already separated.

He posted that for Feast of Tabernacles whenever that was in Oct. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic