IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 5: I Can't Believe They Still Worship TFG

GreyhoundFan

You could not make this up:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

And here I was thinking Justin Hammer was bad...

• Haha 3

image.png.feda0774436ed779951ccfd8f0f1f878.png

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 5

Toilet Paper USA has a sad

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Not holding my breath waiting for branch trumpvidians to apologize for ruining his career. 

Thanks to Donald Trump’s MAGA supporters, Brandon Brown is looking at the end of his career as a full-time NASCAR driver. Brown is suffering the fallout from his unintended association with the “Let’s Go Brandon” slogan, and now a lack of sponsorship opportunities has sidelined the 28-year-old for most of the season.

The phrase is now synonymous with “F*ck Joe Biden” – leaving the professional driver behind as collateral damage in the process.

Brown says that much of his sponsorship issues are from the repercussions of the politically-based chant that stems from his name, which began last October at Talladega Superspeedway.

“I’m still viewed as a political figure,” he says. “I can be viewed as divisive because of the chant. It’s really hard to convince companies that, “Hey, that’s not me. That’s just what the crowd was chanting.”

• Upvote 4

In the exceedingly unlikely event I ever travel to Texas, this is a definite must NOT see. Pictures are included for your viewing displeasure.

"Trump Burger is a tourist attraction, monument to the former president located an hour from Houston"

In Bellville, about an hour or so northwest of Houston, Trump Burger is your standard burger joint with the added twist of being a monument to former U.S. President Donald Trump.

The restaurant caught my eye after a former colleague snapped a photo of it while picking her son up from camp nearby. So I decided to go check it out. It’s hard to miss in person: Pro-Trump banners and American flags hang from the side of the patio deck. Front and center, atop the restaurant’s name, is an illustration of the 45th president.

The restaurant’s owner is Roland Beainy, a second-generation Lebanese-American who loves Donald Trump.

“We have a lot of friends in Bellville. It’s a wonderful spot to have Trump-supported stuff, and it’s where I feel at home,” Beainy said.

Beainy was born in Boston and later moved to Lebanon when he was six to continue his studies there. He and his family returned to the U.S. in 2019.

A year later, Beainy opened Trump Burger.

“Being an immigrant from a place where everything is bad and you work for almost $200, you see somebody like him to support the country and get the economy doing better. Me being an entrepreneur, I appreciate what he did,” Beainy said.

In 2020, Austin County, where Bellville is located, reported 78.7 percent of the population voted for Trump.

Bellville resident Brian Hajek was there for a burger on a recent weekday. The restaurant is close to his work and home. Hajek said weekends at Trump Burger can get jam packed.

“I thought they’d be out of business after the elections, but you come here on the weekend, you see a big line of motorcycles, sports cars and antiques and Trump flags,” Hajek said. “They’re all from out of town.”

Will Taylor, a Marine from Katy, said he isn’t very political and doesn’t feel much when he walks into Trump Burger, aside from finding the décor a little funny. He did light up about the military discount.

“They’re very generous about it,” Taylor said. “More so than any other places I’ve been to.”

When Trump Burger opened in 2020 there was some backlash. 

“We got a lot of bad calls at the start: People who wanted to burn the place down,” Beainy said. “It was scary at first, but we don’t have those calls anymore. We have a great following, and not all of them are Trump supporters. They come for the food and the service.”

The restaurant is not connected to the Trump Organization, but, according to Beainy, a portion of the restaurant’s profits go toward Trump’s fundraising campaign.

“I would love to have his blessing and have him come by,” Beainy said. “We tried to call them — we have some friends — we’re hoping that he does soon and sees the place.”

image.png.d4a309de7f4f4d43102bd32b335dce0f.png

image.thumb.png.6941256161e38fcebcc6695b985e16fc.png

image.thumb.png.9545407c9f832e053f6f9990fd7eb5c5.png

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 3

On 7/30/2022 at 10:01 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

In the exceedingly unlikely event I ever travel to Texas, this is a definite must NOT see. Pictures are included for your viewing displeasure.

"Trump Burger is a tourist attraction, monument to the former president located an hour from Houston"

So far all I see are burned burgers served on badly branded buns and an undercooked chicken breast. I guess if the rubes want to pay for the schtick then it’s their money. If the owner wants to give to Trump campaign coffers, go ahead. Just wait until his loyalty is rewarded with a Trump cease and desist letter or worse, a lawsuit. 

• Upvote 3

Yes we can.  And trumpvidians while we are at it. 

• Upvote 10

This is so on brand for trumpsters. Lying and cheating...

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

What's sad is that they're proud of it:

• WTF 5

Good recap of CPAC:

• Thank You 5

You couldn't make this up.  Oh wait, she did.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

They'd probably still vote for him after that last breath.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You couldn't make this up.  Oh wait, she did.

The "documentary" is a cartoon and she voices the squirrel.  That's my takeaway. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

He seems like a lovely person. /s. I can picture someone like this wearing one of those nasty, “no fat chicks” t-shirts. 

image.thumb.png.43c4cffde1cbca08e7714a7cba08ade7.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He seems like a lovely person. /s. I can picture someone like this wearing one of those nasty, “no fat chicks” t-shirts. 

image.thumb.png.43c4cffde1cbca08e7714a7cba08ade7.png

I really like when people red flag themselves instead of making me do the work of finding out if I should get them out of my life. It saves so much time, effort, energy, and stress. 

I am also calling bullshit on his claim that he wasn’t “for” Donald Trump until “four hours ago”.  Unless this guy is full ACAB- like advocates for NO criminal investigation or enforcement of any kind including guys like Epstein and Bundy- then I have a hard time believing what happened to Trump has taken him from at best neutral to being seriously pissed off that a rich, privileged white guy is being held to the same standard of following laws as the rest of us peons. 

• Upvote 9

Saw my friend this morning who pastors a Trump loving church. They are livid and feel it is a witch hunt. They are offended that they sent to many agents and that they didn't go through Trump's lawyers.

Seriously, his followers are like zombies who have had their brains sucked out and have had them replaced with Trump.

• Upvote 13

Why we can't let the repugs be in control again:

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

Maddie thinks he knows history...

image.png.e8b1101caa2451aebb03ffec73f0a999.png

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

A dozen sycophants went to kiss the orange backside in person.

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

I’m willing to bet that sympathetic ass-kissing was just an excuse to find out just exactly which documents the Feds took, and how incriminating they were— to them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

On 7/30/2022 at 10:01 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

I believe I mentioned it at the time but in November 2020 I drove up to Minnesota to talk to a small town lawyer who was looking to get someone in to work with him and eventually take over his practice. (If I had passed last year I would have pursued that opportunity and likely be living and working there).  It was a nice area pretty close to Mankato and not really too far from the Twin Cities either.  

Anyways, after the interview was over I went out looking for a local brewery to sample their wares. First place I went to had a big fuck face flag flying out front so I was nope and headed to the next closest brewery.  I wasn’t about to spend money at a business that openly supported fuck face. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

"GOP hysteria over the Mar-a-Lago search is an invitation to violence"

I would like nothing more than to be wrong about this. But the reckless response by the GOP-Fox News axis to the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago makes it feel as though we’re falling into the abyss.

The threat of political violence from far-right extremists has been growing for years, but calls to arms reached a fever pitch in pro-Trump social media after Monday’s court-ordered search at former president Donald Trump’s Florida compound: “When does the shooting start?” “Summertime was made for killing fields.” “Lock and load.” “Tomorrow is war.” “Pick up arms, people.”

In such a dangerous and unstable time, we need political and opinion leaders to appeal for calm. Instead, Fox News and other conservative outlets exploded with talk of “war” and “assassination,” an “attack” on the country and Trump supporters, and calls for revenge against a “corrupt” American “KGB.” Elected Republicans erupted in cries about the “weaponized politicization” done by a Democratic “Gestapo” and a “tyrannical FBI,” and about the need to “make sure these tyrants pay the price.” They called for retribution: “Destroy the FBI.” “No one is safe.” “You’re next.” “They’re coming for YOU.”

We know that violent speech, particularly when so many are already feeling desperate and on edge, leads to violent acts. We have been here before.

During the Clinton administration in the mid-1990s, far-right militia groups were proliferating over anger at the federal government’s clumsy moves against extremists at the Branch Davidian cult’s compound in Waco and in an earlier standoff in Ruby Ridge, Idaho. Conservative commentators and Republican lawmakers stoked the rage, warning “patriots” to resist a supposed attempt by the government to confiscate guns and impose a global government. They warned of government “black helicopters” and a “paramilitary style attack against Americans,” and they called for people to rise up against the “abuse of power.” In April 1995, on the second anniversary of Waco, a white nationalist detonated a truck bomb outside the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168, many of them children.

In 2010, during the Obama administration, far-right, anti-government groups were again proliferating. Sarah Palin, the former vice-presidential nominee, issued her “Don’t Retreat, Instead — RELOAD!” edict, while prominent Republicans touted guns to fight “a tyrannical government” and told activists to be “armed and dangerous.” They warned that the country was under “attack” from a “gangster government.” A wave of threats and actual violence ensued — office windows shattered, armed demonstrators marching across from the capital — and culminated in a madman’s killing of six and grievous wounding of Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.) at a community event.

Now, as in both of those cases, we are approaching the midterm elections of an incumbent Democratic president’s first term. Now, as in both cases, right-wing, anti-government groups are ascendant. And now it is easier for a group, or even a single mentally unstable person, to unleash mass carnage. Explosives are lighter. Inexpensive switches made on 3D printers can turn ordinary Glock handguns into fully automatic weapons capable of firing more than 15 rounds per second. The internet and encrypted communications facilitate widespread radicalization and coordination.

Monday’s search of Mar-a-Lago puts us at a perilous moment. NBC News reporter Ben Collins, who tracks pro-Trump online forums, tweeted that the posts Monday night were “as violent as I’ve seen them since before January 6th. Maybe even more so.”

Responsible media and political figures would, at the very least, counsel people to wait until all the facts about the Mar-a-Lago search are known. Instead, Republican officials encouraged hysteria. House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy accused the Justice Department of “an intolerable state of weaponized politicization.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed the “weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents.” Others referenced “3rd world Marxist dictatorships,” Democrats “abusing power with no recourse,” and an FBI trying “to take political enemies out.”

Meanwhile, Newsmax hosted former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, who claimed to be “deathly afraid” that Trump will face “assassination.”

And from Fox News: “This is the worst attack on this Republic in modern history, period,” said radio host Mark Levin. “We’re at war,” said former Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon, baselessly claiming White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain approved the search. “We need to choke down the FBI and choke down the Justice Department.”

On and on, they ranted: Fox News’s Dan Bongino said, “You do not live in a constitutional republic anymore.” Former Trump administration official Michael Caputo said, “The FBI is the KGB” after the “military-style raid.” Former Trump budget director Russ Vought wanted to “dismantle the FBI into a thousand bits.” Trump daughter-in-law Lara Trump said, “This should shake you to your core.” Host Laura Ingraham threatened that “when we get power back, it’s time to hold everyone accountable.”

These are open invitations to the violent and the unstable to take matters into their own hands.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

• Destiny locked this topic