IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 5: I Can't Believe They Still Worship TFG

GreyhoundFan

16 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

A book review of Ladies First:

Sweet psychological rabbit hole, that was a wild ride! I apologize to all my fellow feminists for being remiss in the hair/nail color/lipstick department. I must have missed the memo about coordinating our rage with color signals. 

Did anyone else catch how the writer has the black character interrupt his speech about there being no white supremacists around to spit? What in the hell was the point of having Jack spit? Gross! Then Mike is all upset Ricki doesn’t notice his buffed bicep when she grabs it. And he tattles to her parents? Yet the reader is supposed to like this guy and root for him?

Excellent closing song. I give the review 10/10 with an extra 2 points for the shirt. I think the observation that the second book is only available via her website says all that needs to be said about the book. Thanks @Cartmann99 for finding this gem! 

• Upvote 7

On 2/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, Cartmann99 said:

A class action suit has been filed against the creators and promoters of the LGB crypto coin.  I haven’t had time to read through all the pages, but saw familiar Q-nuts and meetings at Mar-a-Loco, etc.

LGBcoin crypto class action filing

• Upvote 6

This is a really nice, comprehensive piece on CongressChild Cawthorn. His inability to follow the law re: guns on planes, knives in schools and speeds on roads. This guy is a literal Nazi. Burr calling him an embarrassment on any given day is amazing, and Tillis similarly slams him, all quotes within. I have no idea what will happen with their primary, which is mid-May. I will be voting on the democratic side and TBH don’t really care who they run. If it’s not a democrat I don’t want them there. 🤷‍♀️ Anyways, this is a very nice local piece from Asheville. As I have said previously I was shocked when this guy was elected, having been in the state only a couple of months.

https://avlwatchdog.org/our-man-in-congress-cawthorn-races-from-reckless-to-a-possible-reckoning/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

56 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Anyways, this is a very nice local piece from Asheville. As I have said previously I was shocked when this guy was elected, having been in the state only a couple of months.

https://avlwatchdog.org/our-man-in-congress-cawthorn-races-from-reckless-to-a-possible-reckoning/

Asheville is such a strange area. Like, it's pretty granola, in and just around the city. Likely at least partly due to the number of artisans brought to work on the Biltmore house during it's creation, and who stayed or returned later making the area known as a haven for artists and craftsmen. It's probably the most "hippie" area in the state. It's artsy, outdoorsy, whole-foodsy, etc. Want organic vegan food, craft beer, local art, hiking gear, local produce, local bands, and a shop with crystals, essential oils and tarot decks? Asheville's got you covered in spades. 

Yet, all around it, it's as red as red can be. Lots of people of the sort who would actually benefit from voting blue, but who are staunch republicans against their own best interests, due to religion, tradition, misconceptions, under-education, fear of having what little they have taken and shared with people they dislike or fear, etc. 

And there are ALSO the people who are more wealthy, and deeply republican, the ones who live in a fly-in fly-out mountaintop golf neighborhood, and those from "old money" with old fashioned beliefs and values. There are also a decent number of celebrities of various levels, who quietly live in the area away from the crazy of Hollywood.

The whole area, even the city, is a mix of all sorts of people.

Cawthorn is from Hendersonville, I think. Which is less blue than Asheville itself, IME. 

I love that area, I have friends there, and I visit it a few times a year. But it's such a strange mix of stereotypical hippies, stereotypical rednecks, the junior league set, old fuddy duddies, artistic minded young people, the back-to-nature hikers and the "my gun's bigger than yours" hunters and every other type of person you can think of. From electric cars to monster trucks to motorcycles to bicycles to muscle cars to exotic cars. Everything's there all mashed up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3

If Gracia's name is familiar to you, but you can't quite place her:

A candidate for Texas’ state legislature who’d said the seat was preordained for her by God has lost in a landslide.

Bianca Gracia, a pro-Trump Republican and first-time candidate for office, ran in the GOP primary to represent District 11 in Texas’ State Senate. Last month, she told the conservative podcast The Mc Files that she’d just met with a group of pastors, and hectored them to vote for her or face God’s wrath.

“If you do not show up, then you will be held accountable, because I have been appointed and assigned for this position, and God is testing you all,” Ms Gracia said she told the ministers. “So you’re going to either have to show up and show out, or you’re going to have to deal with the Lord.”

• Eyeroll 5

Another day, another idiot in a Branch Trumpvidian shirt

Who’s the idiot now, Randy?

A Missouri man wearing a “Biden Is An Idiot” t-shirt was arrested Friday for drunk driving, according to police.

Randall Westveer, 71, was collared by state troopers and booked into the Boone County jail, where he posed for the above mug shot. Westveer, who lives in a neighboring county, was later released on $500 bond on the misdemeanor DWI count.

Not his first DWI either. 

• Upvote 4

Some good news

MIRAMAR BEACH — Local wounded warriorBrian Kolfage has entered an agreement with federal prosecutors in New York to plead guilty to a wire fraud conspiracy charge connected to the defrauding of donors to a nonprofit organization he founded in 2019 to collect donations for construction of sections of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a letter filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

Kolfage also has agreed to plead guilty to three federal tax charges in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida that are tangentially related to his nonprofit We Build The Wall Inc., according to the letter from New York prosecutors.

Outside of whatever plea agreement Kolfage has reached with prosecutors — court documents provide no details — the charges could carry a sentence of as much as 60 years in prison.

Kolfage was indicted nearly two years ago by a Southern District of New York grand jury along with three codefendants on charges alleging, in part, that more than $350,000 in donations to We Build The Wall Inc. were steered to Kolfage despite his assertions that he would not accept a salary from the organization.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

On 4/11/2022 at 5:20 PM, Cartmann99 said:

"Trump Vodka, not made since 2013...."

"The Pony Express, not running since 1861...."

"Edsel Fords, not sold since 1960...."

"Pan Am, not flying since 1991....."

"Blockbuster Video, not renting out movies since 2010....."

"My waistline, not seen since 1999......."

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

"The Pony Express, not running since 1861...."

"Edsel Fords, not sold since 1960...."

"Pan Am, not flying since 1991....."

"Blockbuster Video, not renting out movies since 2010....."

Well, other than Edsel, some of those were good in their time, they're just outdated now. To compare to Trump vodka (or Trump anything), we need a list of totally failed things, like these:

https://weburbanist.com/2012/04/25/fantastic-failures-10-wacky-extinct-products-from-the-past/

A sample:

image.png.14d051c295b82feb8c5dd9e3da46decb.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

Another Branch Trumpvidian does stupid things while wearing a stupid shirt

Who sucks now, Chad?

An Arkansas man wearing a “Joe Biden Sucks” t-shirt was arrested Tuesday on narcotics charges, according to police.

Chad Spencer Sharp, 50, was busted by cops following a traffic stop in Decatur, a city about 15 miles from his residence in Bella Vista.

Seen above, Sharp was charged with drug possession with intent to distribute, a class A misdemeanor, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving without a seatbelt. He is being held in the county jail in lieu of $5000 bond.

• Upvote 6

Since we're on the subject:

Why Jack Dorsey’s First-Tweet NFT Plummeted 99% In Value In A Year

In December 2020, Jack Dorsey created a non-fungible token (NFT) out of his first-ever Twitter post. He turned a static image of a five-word tweet into a digital file stored on a blockchain, and voila, an NFT was born. A few months later, the image sold for a stunning $2.9 million. Yet in an auction this past week, no one bid more than $280 for it. And even current bids on OpenSea only amount to about $10,000, a 99% drop in value. What happened?

• Thank You 8

Morons 

A so-called patriot convoy of republican Gov. Ron DeSantis supporters descended on Disney World in Orlando, Florida to protest the company’s stance against the state’s controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill. Their mission: to form a blockade to keep people from entering Disney World. But it was easier said than done, considering the massive Orlando park has multiple entrances, paid parking, and well, these people are not very smart. In fact, the protesters ended up blocking an entrance to the shopping area Disney Springs, over a mile away from the actual park entrance. Great work, everyone.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 12

On 4/18/2022 at 4:56 AM, 47of74 said:

Morons 

OMG, that's HILARIOUS. They're not even anywhere near the main entrance to anything.

For those who are not familiar with Walt Disney World - it's huge. Like has it's own fire department and police force huge. Four large parks, two big water parks, several golf courses, and many many resorts, plus Disney Springs, which is a large shopping/dining area - plus very large areas of protected undeveloped wetlands. These idiots were blocking one back entrance kind of somewhat near Disney Springs, which has several other entrances. They might have inconvenienced a handful of people, but likely only locals headed in to shop or have lunch. People going to the parks aren't going to be using that entrance, most likely. 

And even if they had, somehow, managed to "blockade" all the many entrances into the resort property itself... it wouldn't have made much difference. That tweet was from 11:39 am. People who know what they are doing have already been in the parks for hours at that point. They'd have slowed down and pissed off some people arriving that day, trying to get to their hotels, but that's it. The parks would have been just as full as ever. The many many thousands of people staying in resorts on the property wouldn't even have known they were there, because Disney has excellent transportation within the property.

I was just at Walt Disney World a couple weeks ago, for a week. They could have come and dug a trench around the entire property and filled it with burning books and I'd not have known unless I saw some smoke and was curious about it. 

At the rate Florida is going, I'm half expecting Universal and Disney to call a temporary truce and campaign to secede from the state and become a state of their own. Build a skyliner from one resort to another and rebuild Disney's airport, and get that light rail station built they've been proposing for Disney Springs. Statehood for DisneyVersal!

Edited by Alisamer
Brain fart.
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I think they have the wrong prophecy there. He more closely fits the one about the antichrist.

• I Agree 11

That’s not really Trump though, but a replacement animatronic. You can see the white electric cable powering it just beneath his elbow. 😜

• Haha 11

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

That’s not really Trump though, but a replacement animatronic. You can see the white electric cable powering it just beneath his elbow. 😜

Speaking of animatronic Trumps, I saw Hall of Presidents at Disney a couple weeks ago. I was highly disappointed, the Trump animatronic was NOT wearing an extra-long red tie, nor did it appear to be wearing a diaper or to have TP stuck to it's shoe. It was just kind of unobtrusively there with the rest of the presidents. 

Frankly Disney must be pretty strong about rules with the cast members there, because it's not uncommon for cast members to do little harmless pranks like when they arrange one of the table settings in the Haunted Mansion into a hidden Mickey. I would have been absolutely unable not to switch his American flag pin for a Russian one, or to have a hamburger wrapper sticking out of his pocket, or something.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 4/23/2022 at 3:42 PM, Cartmann99 said:

She’s not including that she asks them about BARRON Trump. 

• Haha 8

• Destiny locked this topic