IGNORED

(Possible CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 35: Embattled in Spiritual Warfare!

nelliebelle1197

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

They ended up fencing in the small lawn beside them and putting in some playground equipment, so it ended up a big improvement overall. There are doors out to this playground area, and a gate the teachers can open if they need to.

That sounds lovely! (And a lot safer than at my church where us kids would run around the parking lot and climb over pews after service.)

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, alwayscaffeinated said:

Jim Boob is running for a seat in the Arkansas senate. Are you fucking kidding me?
I saw the story pop up on 40/29 News on Facebook. Sorry if it’s already been posted, I’m at work.

I hope the anti covid vaccination mandate becomes old news as it is JB's platform. One thing about the Boob, he does not speak in politically correct-ese and is transparant in his anti-intellectural and harmful pro-family (certain kinds of families), pro-life (not lives saved from covid, forced birth) snd pro-gun agenda.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

On 10/30/2021 at 10:06 AM, alwayscaffeinated said:

I wouldn't worry too much. I follow the local news FB pages since I'm in the viewing area. I can tell you that most of the news posts are filled with the rabid right on any other story. On the posts with the news of him running for the seat, I've seen mostly disgust. 

Please keep us updated. And screen shot any fabulous comments. You know most people are only there for the comments lol 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I wonder how Josh feels about JB  running for office. Not only will that mean less time/money spent on his defense (if JB really is supporting him,  that is, we may be just speculating on that?) but also,  it will 100% mean that Josh's crimes past and current will be brought up over and over again by the media. Anyone in Arkansas who hadn't heard about it by now certainly will. Very odd timing IMO.

Edited by Satan'sFortress
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wonder how Josh feels about JB  running for office.

He may be hoping that daddy will become good friends with someone who could pardon him.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wonder how Josh feels about JB  running for office. Not only will that mean less time/money spent on his defense (if JB really is supporting him,  that is, we may be just speculating on that?) but also,  it will 100% mean that Josh's crimes past and current will be brought up over and over again by the media. Anyone in Arkansas who hadn't heard about it by now certainly will. Very odd timing IMO.

I can only imagine that JB’s plan is to taint the potential jury pool. Spending money on Josh AND a real campaign simultaneously? That’s an outrageous amount of money.

But the publicity involved is practically free!* Anything to help the golden boy.

*free, minus the invasion of privacy that this forces upon the entire family, adult victims included. JB: poster dad of the year, yet again. 
🙄

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

He may be hoping that daddy will become good friends with someone who could pardon him.

Pardons for felonies happen at the federal level, like the president is the only one I think. He has no state charges so none of daddy's buddies can help him.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Wait, doesn't this go to trial the end of November? How can JB taint the jury pool so quickly? And would the prosecutor even agree to moving (and delaying) the trial? I don't think his campaign will have anything to do with the trial. Now the trial and his campaign is another story. 

• Upvote 7

I don’t think Jim Bob running for office has anything to do with Josh. He doesn’t have any pull with anyone. Josh is facing felony charges and the only one who can pardon him is the President. I think Jim Bob and Michelle, because I don’t believe Jim Bob doesn’t anything without her approval, miss the limelight. They need the attention and to feel important. I am sure they see this as an extension of the TV show “ministry”. These aren’t people who are content to raise their minor children and play with their grandparents. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6

19 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I hope the anti covid vaccination mandate becomes old news as it is JB's platform. One thing about the Boob, he does not speak in politically correct-ese and is transparant in his anti-intellectural and harmful pro-family (certain kinds of families), pro-life (not lives saved from covid, forced birth) snd pro-gun agenda.

That would have been a bit of a hindrance pre-2016 Trump, and especially one pre-2008 when the Tea Party of pathetic underachieving loses racist white men who were threatened by Obama,, an intelligent, eloquent, powerful black man formed.

Local and sadly now national (like the House( politics have always been impacted by gerrymandered districts that were a Republican tool drawn up mostly in the 80s and early 90s,  ensuring as many districts as possible would be almost guaranteed to cote Republicans while lumping cities and large population centers that vote Democrat are only in one or two districts.

Local politics in red states like Arkansas are even worse.  Those guaranteed GOP voters have fallen for one of the most dangerous stunts Trump pulled, rejecting anything intelligent, anything related to science gell even anything related to the grammaticly correct structure of the English language. The Boobs "Aw shucks" style combined with funding style conspiracy theories about the government are extremely popular now amongst a huge number of active Republicans.

It's especially lucky for him that there's a special election being called, he has a much better chance getting elected and back into politics than he would with a regular election.

I can't find anything about anyone else running for the position but dear Rufus I hope another couple of Republicans jump in the race. The local news is frighteningly sympathetic and supportive of his bid. The only article I could find used an almost 10 year old photo as top banner of him and a Howler at some "Values Voter Conference" BS looking like a true (whit family man leading his clean cut  (white) children to God like we need in this country. There was no criticism at all in the local article. If anyone is in NWA start writing and calling local media to share all the dirt, support another candidate, anything.

Right now he looks like he could easily take the spot, if there's not another solid Republican candidate (of course they'll be MAGA pricks they'd likely lose otherwise.  But better another MAGA price than a Jim Bob MAGA and everything else prick.

Local article thats more or a campaign piece than actual journalism.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/oct/30/jim-bob-duggar-announces-state-senate-bid/

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Pardons for felonies happen at the federal level, like the president is the only one I think. He has no state charges so none of daddy's buddies can help him.

Pardons for federal felonies happen at the federal level. But regular felonies that the respective state filed and charged because they were in state crimes, require a pardon from the individual state.

My felony charge is from the state of Colorado for example. Even though I live in Hawai'i now (I have family in both places and went back and forth growing up but for school I stayed with my mom in CO) I would have to be pardoned by the governor of the state of Colorado.  Its actually something my mom, bless her heart has been working on. She started getting super involved in state politics about gun control after the Aurora theater shooting. I lost friends that night and many other friends were badly injured. My mom became very close with a couple of my friends who were killed,'s mothers who got her involved in groups like Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and associated gun control issues. That start has evolved into more issues she's involved in, all very liberal.

So my 65 year old mom, who was an undocumented immigrant for like 15 years, part of it while I was young, and who as recently as when I was in high school from 02-06 when she got mad at me for my political rants because she didn't understand why I got so angry, and who once said she wouldn't vote for Gore because she hated Liebemans's voice is now at the state capitol in Denver weekly during the legislative season, standing up and talking in front of them for or against certain bills and who talks about many of the various democrat politicians from local reps, all the way to the CO legislation and the US Senate and House, as good friends who are just so nice and wonderful and polite and they stay in touch regularly via email and even texting. "Oh that Dylan Roberts is such a nice boy Zee, if you're having problems with your landlord I'll just call him up there (I formerly lived in his district) and he'll know what to do. Did you know he's getting married thats just so wonderful I'm sending a gift...." etc etc. She has her quirks but no matter what she always means the best and its pretty adorable and kick ass at the same time. We went to a rally for Hillary back in 2016 at the top gay bar in Denver and there were still cages on stage people put mannequins with Trump masks in them. We've gone door to door canvassing before. Its so great.

I'm so freaking proud of her if you can't tell.  😋

Anyway back to the reason I made this comment, my mom is working with a few different politicians who are now her besties to try to get my pardoned  so I can get housing, teach again, volunteer with Special Olympics, all things I used to do but can't because if the felony on my record, a felony I was not guilty if. A class 3 distribution felony I pled out to because of how screwed up the whole situation was and they were allowed to use what they claimed as a confession, me taped saying I feel awful its all my fault, which was actually about the assault and rape I was the victim of. But the judge and prosecutor made that violent rape disappear legally so the judge let them use it as a confession.  But I never dealt. I was an addict who needed help not a dealer. 

Pardons are not easy, you have to have a lawyer to draft everything together in a specific way before it can be submitted to the Governor and then from there it goes through his staff and whatever requests for Pardons are still there he can look through. Most govenors don't issue many pardons so all that effort is usually for not.

Unless you have a super corrupt president like Trump but that was its own situation with him violating the standing laws and procedures for those types of things and like a toddler in a playroom who has a tantrum in the middle of building a big Lego something, with small projectiles flying everywhere Frer being kicked and thrown while whatever was build is just decimated. That was Trump.

Since Smuggar is being tried in a federal court the state has jack to do with anything related to his crime and sentence. If it was a state prosecution and trial, it's the governor not the state legislation that is the decision maker and usually it takes years to get to the level to be considered

I'm not worried about Boob helping Smuggar, I am worried about adding another uneducated. White, racist, MAGa loving politician to the bunch. Yes thats no different than before and no different than any challenging candidates likely. But Boob also brings his Gothard funding IFB BS to the mix, which is the last thing the GOP legislative group needs added.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 7

On 10/30/2021 at 6:34 AM, Cults-r-us said:

The Republican Party is now one that celebrates anti-intellectualism. Saying the quiet part out loud is now a common thing in GOP politics. No need to speak in code anymore. Jim Bob has a chance. But I do think he has lived in his bubble for so long that he doesn’t understand that even die hard Trump supporters will be horrified at what comes out at Josh’s trial. During the last Josh scandal my conservative friends gave Josh(and his parents) a pass, but this time? The things he downloaded are not something people will forgive. And Jim Bob paying for his defense, finding him a place to live so he doesn’t have to sit in jail leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths. 

I absolutely think he will try to spin Josh’s trial as a liberal attack on family value, but I do not think it will be as successful as he thinks it will be. I don’t think Jim Bob understands yet how bad this trial will be for the entire family. 

• Upvote 21
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Eons ago I read an article that ranked JB as one of the five worst legislators in Arkansas during 1999-2002.  And for the life of me I can't find it now.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, alwayscaffeinated said:

One of the best comment threads is too long to screen shot. Go check the 5NEWS post. It's fantastic. 

https://www.facebook.com/5news/posts/10165840503575720

I love FJ,  I really do but y’all are making it impossible for me.

I killed my Facebook years ago and I vowed I would never reactivate it.

if only to keep up with the Snark here I almost feel like I need to reactivate it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

if only to keep up with the Snark here I almost feel like I need to reactivate it.

Believe me, I understand. I downloaded a copy of all of my pics and videos not long ago for the day that I say to hell with it and get rid of it. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I don’t think anyone (except possibly Anna) gives a damn how Josh feels. That being said, my guess is that anything that might distract Jim Bob from monitoring Josh is fine with Josh.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I don't have a Facebook account and I'm still able to view the comments (maybe because I'm on my phone?)

2 hours ago, alwayscaffeinated said:

Believe me, I understand. I downloaded a copy of all of my pics and videos not long ago for the day that I say to hell with it and get rid of it. 

Oh how do you do that? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh how do you do that? 

Menu - Settings - Your Facebook Information - Transfer a Copy of Your Information 

I transferred it all to my Google account. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It is odd timing. But if JB is so genuinely outraged by the tyranny of vaccination mandate in the face of a global pandemic, he may truly believe now is the time for a man such as he to stand in the gap and advocate for unfettered disease spread (for Jesus) with the icing on the cake being more guns and eliminating women's rights. Since Matt Gaetz is busy lawyering up, maybe JB can fund raise with Marjorie Taylor Greene (even if she is a woman with a job).

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I don’t think anyone (except possibly Anna) gives a damn how Josh feels. That being said, my guess is that anything that might distract Jim Bob from monitoring Josh is fine with Josh.

There is no telling how he feels or what he (or Anna or JB or anybody) thinks because they are so disconnected from reality. Who knows?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Aren't births public records? In my area they are published in the newspaper. If Anna has given birth, wouldn't that info be available? Anyone in the area that can check?

2 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Aren't births public records? In my area they are published in the newspaper. If Anna has given birth, wouldn't that info be available? Anyone in the area that can check?

Years ago home births had different rules about it so she might not have to record it for a while, if ever. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic