IGNORED

(Possible CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 35: Embattled in Spiritual Warfare!

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I think most public benefits require you to disclose assets, not just income. So I doubt Anna would qualify for anything, even if she applied. 

SNAP (Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program/food stamps) and WIC (Women Infants and Children/a VERY strict program that subsidizes certain foods and formula for pregnant and nursing women or women with children 2 and under) are almost completely income not asset based. The idea being you can't just sell your house or car for food, even if you did that takes time and hunger is immediately and food a daily necessity. Its definition of household is the number of people you prepare food for, even if there's a shared kitchen. She'd easily qualify for that with 8 kids.

Other benefits, particularly financial ones like TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or GA (General Assistance) have stricter requirements regarding assets. 

• Upvote 8

Wasn't there some property transferred into Anna's name a little while before Josh was arrested? It seemed at the time as another way to move property from Josh so it couldn't be confiscated, not that she would have any real control over it.

• Upvote 6

On 10/27/2021 at 8:27 PM, Cults-r-us said:

She could send McKenzie, Marcus, Michael and Meredith to the ebil Tonitown public school, open the Windowless Warehouse Daycare

WTF???  Hell no!  Her snug ass is standing by her pervert husband.  No sane parents would place their child in her care.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

People who have loss want one thing: to get back what they lost. Anna wants her life back as Fundie royalty, to be on tv and to have long years and many blessings with her beloved Smugger. I suspect she hasn't been able to process the enormity of her loss this go-around. Josh will have to be in jail before she can accept his incarceration. Until then, she can't even consider alternative future plans

Yes, that is almost certainly true (though I wonder how “beloved” Josh really is, at this point.)  

However, it’s often impossible to get back what you lost.  If Anna is still mourning that she and Josh are not “fundie royalty,” she needs to move on.  I grant that the latest scandal may have blindsided her, and I agree that she won’t be able to make future plans until Josh is either acquitted or sent to prison.  

• Upvote 7

I suspect Anna is all overwhelmed and up in the air, and has no real plans other than to care for her children and pray a lot. 

I don't think she's going to even begin thinking "ahead" until a few weeks after the trail is over, and things settle down into whatever their new normal will be. Even then, she'll have a newborn, so it might take even a bit longer. 

If Josh goes to prison for several years, I think it'll take her 6 months to a year to actually start actively thinking about her future. The first months will be adjusting and caring for a newborn, so that'll be a blur anyway. It won't be until things have settled back into a sort of routine that she's going to take stock and start thinking about making any further changes, I bet.

She might not even do that until Josh is due to come home. 

All of this is depending on her still having the support she needs financially. If JB starts cutting purse strings or limiting the budget, she might be shocked into re-evaluating things earlier.

She's probably going to prefer to keep staying at home, raising her kids, doing exactly as she always has been just without Josh in the picture. If she can manage that well enough she might never try to change anything. Why would she? She thinks she's blessed, despite Josh.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

If JB pays her bills and supports the kids, Anna will stay exactly where she is or wherever JB tells her to go at least for the next six months to a year.  Once reality sets in, she might consider thinking of an alternative.  Right now I'd give that less than 50% odds.  JB would have to do something like trying to keep her from visiting Josh or put the children in a situation she really didn't like.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

The warehouse would most likely never be able to be used as a daycare. This is assuming they go about it the legal way and seek state certification. When my mom's church tried to open a daycare, an inspector came out to view the facility.  While the building met all the safety codes for a church it did not meet them for daycare requirements. Egress was a main issue. It would have cost much much more than the daycare would earn to make the necessary upgrades so the idea was scrapped.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

The warehouse would most likely never be able to be used as a daycare. This is assuming they go about it the legal way and seek state certification. When my mom's church tried to open a daycare, an inspector came out to view the facility.  While the building met all the safety codes for a church it did not meet them for daycare requirements. Egress was a main issue. It would have cost much much more than the daycare would earn to make the necessary upgrades so the idea was scrapped.

Yes - when my church's sanctuary (built 1924) burned down there was some damage to the attached education building (built 1954, that was meant to be renovated soon anyway) so both parts had major work done on them. One of the things that had to be done was adding exterior doors to the nursery rooms. These are the rooms used for just a couple hours a week during church services, not even a daycare, but they had to have egress added. They ended up fencing in the small lawn beside them and putting in some playground equipment, so it ended up a big improvement overall. There are doors out to this playground area, and a gate the teachers can open if they need to.

• I Agree 1

Jim Boob is running for a seat in the Arkansas senate. Are you fucking kidding me?
I saw the story pop up on 40/29 News on Facebook. Sorry if it’s already been posted, I’m at work.

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 10
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 19

@alwayscaffeinated You’re right! I just read his disgusting statement about Americans needing a powerful « pro-family, pro-gun and pro-life » voice. What a horrible human being! Yes, moron, more guns in the hands of rabid anti-vaxxers is exactly what Arkansas needs. Jerk! He won’t possibly win, will he? 

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Expectopatronus said:

@alwayscaffeinated You’re right! I just read his disgusting statement about Americans needing a powerful « pro-family, pro-gun and pro-life » voice. What a horrible human being! Yes, moron, more guns in the hands of rabid anti-vaxxers is exactly what Arkansas needs. Jerk! He won’t possibly win, will he? 

Look at some of the absolute nutjobs we have in US congress right now. It's always possible.

I speculated in the general Duggar thread that this makes me wonder if his timing isn't strategic - get the word out about his campaign, which will naturally thrust Josh's impending trial into the spotlight of the local media more than before - and oops! Now the jury pool is tainted. They can't be unbiased. Guess we need to move the trial! That'll delay things, right?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

20 hours ago, mpheels said:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if JB did instruct Anna to apply for every bit of assistance for which she qualifies. She’s never had an income of her own. Josh’s “work” history is questionable, but he has been the sole earner on paper. He may still be on the family payroll, but that income will vaporize as soon as he’s in prison. Anna would qualify for SNAP, WIC, TANF, and Medicaid. If she ever sent kids to public school, they would get free breakfast and lunch. Anna will meet the Arkansas definition of “single parent” as long as Josh is incarcerated, which makes the work requirements less stringent Assuming Anna’s circumstances stay the same, she can get TANF for 2 years in AR, SNAP for 3 years, WIC until youngest M turns 5, and Medicaid until the youngest turns 18. It isn’t a ton of money and won’t last forever, but it’s enough for JB to take an interest.

Even without any of that she can, and likely already is, receiving the child tax credit for each of her kids. Until that goes away (hopefully for everyone, it stays) 

At her kids ages I think that’s about $1,900 a month. Every month. With no rent, She’s good for food and household necessities and a few extras. 

28 minutes ago, alwayscaffeinated said:

Jim Boob is running for a seat in the Arkansas senate. Are you fucking kidding me?
I saw the story pop up on 40/29 News on Facebook. Sorry if it’s already been posted, I’m at work.

Wow! He is really putting that adage that any publicity is good publicity to the test! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Jim Bob may not realize that he is going to have a hard time convincing, non-fundies, even non-fundy republicans that he is a man of strong family values that Arkansas needs to get itself on track. The years of his eleventy kids being considered adorable as they trail behind him and Michelle has long since passed. How he handled Josh’s problems since he was a teen, how they raised their family, how they minimized CSA, and how they did not seek to protect their daughters from their brother, does not bode well for a wholesome family values campaign. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Jim Bob may not realize that he is going to have a hard time convincing, non-fundies, even non-fundy republicans that he is a man of strong family values that Arkansas needs to get itself on track. The years of his eleventy kids being considered adorable as they trail behind him and Michelle has long since passed. How he handled Josh’s problems since he was a teen, how they raised their family, how they minimized CSA, and how they did not seek to protect their daughters from their brother, does not bode well for a wholesome family values campaign. 

I agree. Except that many of these non-fundy republicans are Trump voters. I'm not convinced there's ANYTHING a Republican who says the right words can do to lose their votes. Praise Trump, praise Jesus, get votes. Who needs morals?

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 7

10 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Probably better to run now than after a verdict, though.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I really hope this is what happens but I'm afraid it won't be. I hope people in their area call them out on their horrible behavior loud enough that it prevents him from ever running for anything again. He continues to prove what a scumbag he is by this timing!! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, alwayscaffeinated said:

I gave this post an angry because I am, not at @alwayscaffeinated but at JimBoob for this bullshit.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, goddefinedcalves said:

Campaign announcement said that the Duggars have 22 grandchildren. M7 may already be here, unannounced.

They tend to count the "unborn" in those numbers. But yeah, I'm leaning towards no announcement of the birth.

• Upvote 10

I need you to promise me that. I can’t believe this though. I laughed so hard that I choked and scared the cat when I saw the news article.
  • Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, indianabones said:

They tend to count the "unborn" in those numbers. But yeah, I'm leaning towards no announcement of the birth.

I thought that too at first, but then it would be 23 grandchildren, because of Jed and Katey's child on the way. So I'm going to guess that M7 really is here.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I wouldn't worry too much. I follow the local news FB pages since I'm in the viewing area. I can tell you that most of the news posts are filled with the rabid right on any other story. On the posts with the news of him running for the seat, I've seen mostly disgust. 

Edited by alwayscaffeinated
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

I wouldn't worry too much. I follow the local news FB pages since I'm in the viewing area. I can tell you that most of the news posts are filled with the rabid right on any other story. On the posts with the news of him running for the seat, I've seen mostly disgust. 

This is exactly how I felt when the orange menace announced he was running though …

He made it normal for unqualified boobs with helmet hair and moron children to run for office
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

This is exactly how I felt when the orange menace announced he was running though …

He made it normal for unqualified boobs with helmet hair and moron children to run for office

This!

I bet the real reason JB is running is so he can grift just like Assolini.  Got a family to support and legal bills to pay ya know.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

It appears there may be two new orders on Court Listener but I don’t have an account. One appears to be about the government’s request for alibi materials, saying that it’s moot, but I don’t know what the second one is about. All I can see is, “Order on Motion for Miscellaneous Relief.” Both dated October 29th.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic