IGNORED

(Possible CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 35: Embattled in Spiritual Warfare!

nelliebelle1197

My local news still reports all bankruptcies, home transfers, marriages, divorces, births, and even deaths (date and manner) both online and in print, and I live in a relatively large area, so not just some small town newspaper.

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Well, as far as we know, Anna does not want to go to school, get a job, or “freedom” as we understand it.  That’s why all this discussion of what Anna “could do” seems disconnected from reality.

I understand the sentiment. I even find myself sharing it at times, and then that indefatigable optimist that lives deep within me pops up and I start to think of Anna in terms of her potential. I know the likelihood of her doing any of the positive things I outlined is infinitesimal. I contemplate the deep burden of her childhood, educational limitations, social pressures, and numerous children and I know that changing the direction of her life is nearly impossible.

However, nearly impossible is not the same thing as 100% impossible. Deep down I hope she sneaks on here to read and sees someone (me) rooting for her, seeing potential, and believing that she can change her life and the opportunities for her kids. 

I hope someone else is encouraged, prompted, or spurred into thinking that the worst is not inevitable. 

Anna is an adult, and change will require honesty, fearless moral inventory, amends, healthy boundaries to be erected, thoughtful self analysis, and work. The work will be a Mountain, but it is possible. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

I honestly don't believe Anna is capable of change. I'd like to think anyone CAN change, but I dont see her even attempting to change. If Josh is away for twenty years, she'll continue to believe in conspiracies and dutifully wait for him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I honestly don't believe Anna is capable of change. I'd like to think anyone CAN change, but I dont see her even attempting to change. If Josh is away for twenty years, she'll continue to believe in conspiracies and dutifully wait for him. 

Perhaps a "Loyal Wife Trusting in Jesus" tour for $$s?

• Upvote 2

On 11/2/2021 at 5:22 AM, Howl said:

Somewhere in the past I came across an item discussing a small paper in New Zealand that listed marriages, births and deaths on the same page.  It was referred to locally as the "match, hatch and dispatch" page. 

I’ve heard that phrase in reference to cradle-Catholics who aren’t very religious. They attend church for “matchings, hatchings and dispatchings” (weddings, baptisms and funerals).

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic