IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

@ElizaB haha I also checked her Instagram yesterday and today for the same reason! Instead there is just a bunch of pictures of George in rabbit ears and conversation about how she doesn’t like how dirty he gets and how she’s not used to this because she didn’t picture boys being this messy. Um. That’s how messy kids are? George seems to be a very clean kid overall but her girls get the full weight of her obsessive perfectionism and the result is positively unnatural.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

@ElizaB haha I also checked her Instagram yesterday and today for the same reason! Instead there is just a bunch of pictures of George in rabbit ears and conversation about how she doesn’t like how dirty he gets and how she’s not used to this because she didn’t picture boys being this messy. Um. That’s how messy kids are? George seems to be a very clean kid overall but her girls get the full weight of her obsessive perfectionism and the result is positively unnatural.

She’s insane. Kids, especially toddlers, are messy as hell. Messiness has nothing to do with sex although I’m sure she thinks only boys are messy. I was a messy kid. My younger son is my PigPen and my older son has always been cleaner. It’s just their personalities. But there are some days when both were just messy as can be. That’s what life with children is like. The fact that she’s surprised is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 12

Doesn't like how dirty he gets?! Silly woman, kids are dirt-magnets for years if they are left to get on with it.

Those clothes are beautifully made, I'd love to know how much she pays for them and what she does with them afterwards. I'm so nosey 😆

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, DottyC said:

Doesn't like how dirty he gets?! Silly woman, kids are dirt-magnets for years if they are left to get on with it.

Those clothes are beautifully made, I'd love to know how much she pays for them and what she does with them afterwards. I'm so nosey 😆

I think she sells a lot of their clothing once she’s done with them. That’s partly why she hates him getting dirty. Stains don’t sell. 

• Upvote 3

She didn’t picture boys as being this messy? Kids are dirty. Period, end of story. And it’s better when they are, because it means they’re running around, exploring, and having fun. She really sees her kids as living dress-up dolls. I live in hope one of them is going to rebel hard someday. 

• Upvote 7

I rarely buy anything white or very light colored for my kids. I know it will get stained. I buy a lot of black, gray, brown, blue, red clothing. They hide things pretty well. Plus I use spray and wash. It works pretty well for stains. 

• Upvote 2

One of our guests at Easter yesterday was a very delightful baby. The baby was wearing a very fancy, all-white knit outfit from Spain that a friend there had sent the family, and the parents were determined to have Baby wear before it was outgrown. Unfortunately, the digestive system takes a while to mature and yesterday was a bad day for whatever reason so before the gathering ended Baby was covered in green spots (Baby loved their spinach/fruit/whatever it was in a jar and ate very neatly but it all came back up) and yellow stains (formula). Nobody cared, parents included, because babies are delightful even covered in slime. We also had some falls during the egg hunt and general dirtiness because the Easter Bunny (cough me cough) tried to make the hunt at least a bit hard. (I failed, it took me longer to hide them than the kids to find them.) Easter, like childhood, is about chocolate and fun and curiosity. If the kids are not screaming in the photos, that’s a total win. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

@anachronistic I totally agree. Kids should be able to have fun and get messy. My kids went for an Easter egg hunt at my parents today. My daughter was wearing a blue and white dress that had a bit of a pouffy skirt and white shoes and frilly white socks. She looked adorable. It was a lovely Easter outfit. My niece also had on a matching dress. 

After dinner, the kids started digging in the dirt in my parents raised garden beds. They had a great time. No one told them to stop because they might get dirty. I had already gotten some pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes so it didn't matter to me if they got dirty after dinner. This is why I buy stain remover in large jugs from Costco. Kids get stains. Although by some miracle, it looks like neither my son or daughter actually got any dirt on their clothes today. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

If a mother discovers that toddlers are dirty, when raising her 5th child, something is very wrong there. There are very clean toddlers, but most aren't. So if her 4 daughters were all clean toddlers... Mmm... No way I believe they have been allowed to have a normal early childhood. This said, when #1 and #2 were little, they dressed quite normal (big bows and dresses but colorful average ones), so maybe Chelsea was less worried about stains back in the day).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

If a mother discovers that toddlers are dirty, when raising her 5th child, something is very wrong there. There are very clean toddlers, but most aren't. So if her 4 daughters were all clean toddlers... Mmm... No way I believe they have been allowed to have a normal early childhood. This said, when #1 and #2 were little, they dressed quite normal (big bows and dresses but colorful average ones), so maybe Chelsea was less worried about stains back in the day).

My youngest is my messiest by far! Doesn’t mean the older ones were tidy and clean, just not AS messy. So yes, it was a bit surprising just how messy one kid can regularly be.

That said, their dad is the reason why so many of the light coloured clothing has been ruined over the years. “ Oh, you want to join me under the van to work on the exhaust pipe? Sure!” Somehow doesn’t notice kid is wearing a brand new white shirt. He isn’t being an arse, just assumes the engine grease will stay on him THIS time 🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Easter pictures…..for all her faults, Chelsea lays a beautiful table. The girls had on colors in addition to blue, which is astonishing. I think Easter must be a very busy holiday for them if the one posed photo of the five kids turned out to be as wild as it did. The kids all look like they’re on a massive sugar high - good for them! That’s what Easter is for in my book!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Easter pictures…..for all her faults, Chelsea lays a beautiful table. The girls had on colors in addition to blue, which is astonishing. I think Easter must be a very busy holiday for them if the one posed photo of the five kids turned out to be as wild as it did. The kids all look like they’re on a massive sugar high - good for them! That’s what Easter is for in my book!

Chelsea has more money and time than a lot of fundies. She’s allowed to use birth control and send her kids to school. It’s probably why she’s able to have a perfect Easter table and gorgeous outfits. 

• Upvote 6

I love Charleston about as much as Chelsea and her family, so while they are in no way my pet fundies, I do identify with that part of her. I sneak away to Charleston any time I get and have the best time, every time. Someday I’m going to be on King Street and spot them in the wild. And it’s going to be wild. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she sells a lot of their clothing once she’s done with them. That’s partly why she hates him getting dirty. Stains don’t sell. 

Ah yes, of course. Makes perfect sense, thank you.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rare glimpse of the sisters kids in todays IG post about her mom. Looks like they’re as dressed up as Chelsea’s are still. The grandkids in bright colors must be from a 3rd sibling.

Also at most schools career day is about researching an actual, viable profession. Although I guess for them a woman being a doctor is a joke just as much as being a doctor of donutology? 

It looks like they are at Mount Vernon and she's got Charlotte and George in outfits with cherries as trim. Oh, good Lord. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 8

I *know*! At first it’s like good! Not just blue! But then you realize that she pushed two kids around DC /Mt Vernon looking like little magazine models. Charlotte has got the posing stuff down flat and she’s only 4. George has quite the way to go before he catches on to what he’s supposed to do.

In the past they’ve stayed at the Trump hotel and made a huge deal out of it. I bet they’re disappointed that all of the Trump branding is on its way out and it’s being remade as just another luxury hotel chain.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

They spent a week in DC as chaperones for the senior trip. Surely there was a parent who would go instead of the students subsidising 2 children. Not fun for anyone. 

I had to google Mount Vernon. Dang, I never realised there were so many towns/cities in the US called Mount Vernon! Kinda makes sense now, I think, now that I know about the connection to George Washington. I know the Shupes live in Mount Vernon WA. So many of our fundies live in red states, so it's always intriguing to find ones that live in blue ones. 

I think the school Chelsea’s kids go to is small and it’s all apostolic Pentecostals like them. 

8th grade DC trips are ubiquitous in the eastern half of the US it seems. I went as an 8th grader and so did all the schools around its. And we lived in the middle of nowhere. I just saw on FB that they are doing away with 8th grade DC trips in our school district. It’s so weird. I swear they said all the dietary and medication issues was just too much. It’s not a huge school! So I’m just sitting here wondering how many kids have dietary and medication issues in this small school district while huge school districts with way more kids can do it. Something seems off about it all. It’s not a huge deal to me though. Maybe because there are a lot of upper middle class folks who won’t let their kids eat anything with gluten or non-organic? Lol. Idk.

Shoot, my 8th grade class trip was just a day trip to Hershey park. Which I skipped, because going would cause me to miss a rehearsal for an upcoming dance performance that I was very nervous about. I felt my time would be better spent rehearsing to feel more confident, than hanging out with people I disliked in an amusement park I had already been to.

(I am fun at parties)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, PopRox said:

Shoot, my 8th grade class trip was just a day trip to Hershey park. Which I skipped, because going would cause me to miss a rehearsal for an upcoming dance performance that I was very nervous about. I felt my time would be better spent rehearsing to feel more confident, than hanging out with people I disliked in an amusement park I had already been to.

(I am fun at parties)

It’s easier when you live in the eastern part of the US because you can put the kids in a bus and drive there. That saves on money usually compared to a plane trip. And 4 kids have to stay in a hotel room. That saves on money too. Plus, so much stuff is free in DC. That makes it cheaper.  My class was so bad on our class trip. We were normally a pretty good class but something happened in 8th grade and some went wild. They were climbing balconies to other rooms because there were hall monitors in the hotel hallway. So boys were climbing into girls’ rooms so they can make out or whatever we did in 8th grade. It’s surprising no one fell and got hurt. I always behaved in jr high so I just stayed in my room. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the school Chelsea’s kids go to is small and it’s all apostolic Pentecostals like them. 

8th grade DC trips are ubiquitous in the eastern half of the US it seems. I went as an 8th grader and so did all the schools around its. And we lived in the middle of nowhere. I just saw on FB that they are doing away with 8th grade DC trips in our school district. It’s so weird. I swear they said all the dietary and medication issues was just too much. It’s not a huge school! So I’m just sitting here wondering how many kids have dietary and medication issues in this small school district while huge school districts with way more kids can do it. Something seems off about it all. It’s not a huge deal to me though. Maybe because there are a lot of upper middle class folks who won’t let their kids eat anything with gluten or non-organic? Lol. Idk.

I wonder if it's just that there aren't enough staff who want to take the trip for other reasons as well.  I traveled abroad with high school kids for 25 years straight, as well as organizing trips to our school for kids from French and Spanish schools.  I gave it up because the more I thought about how lucky I'd been (no hurt or lost kids, some bad behavior, but nothing illegal, etc.) I realized my luck wouldn't last forever.  I just don't want to take chances anymore with other people's kids.  Maybe that's what's behind it, and teachers are worried about being sued for something that's beyond their control.  It could just be the dietary thing, but that sounds a little strange.

Heck, now teachers in Florida can be sued for saying the wrong thing about gay people to kids.  Who'd want to take those same kids on a school trip? (I know I'm exaggerating here, but teachers everywhere in this country feel under attack for a lot of things.  My favorite thing is to  be called a 'groomer' on SM.  Idiots say this, I know, but it's still insulting and very sad to realize the ignorance out there.) Maybe the teachers in your district are just too tired to do it this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

My son will go to DC next year, in fifth grade. This is absolutely delightful imho, we’re new to NC. The options for trips were much more limited when we lived in MN!

• Upvote 3

I’m trying to remember all my trips. DC in 8th grade. An amusement park with band in 8th grade. Art club trips in high school to NYC and Chicago. They were all a lot of fun. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic