IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

4 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

I wondered if they had some worrisome test results early in the pregnancy. If they were concerned about miscarriage, stillbirth , or a serious medical issue they may have only shared the pregnancy with very close friends and not on social media. 

Frankly, no person is compelled to share their pregnancy, either in real life or on the computer. 

I thought test results might have been a possibility too.

And since there is only 13 months between the two youngest, perhaps she didn’t know she was pregnant until quite far along in the pregnancy. I know someone this happened to - she found out 8 weeks before she was due (tall and slim but had absolutely no idea she was expecting again), then the baby was born early! She just thought her cycles hadn’t returned because she was postpartum, and she thought she was having some difficulty losing weight because her mum-tum was stubborn. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose it would be fun to surprise people. But now with social media it would be so easy for someone who found out right after the birth to spill the beans. My youngest came so fast and in the middle of the night that no one knew I had even gone into labor. So everyone woke up to a surprise that morning.

I would worry about the social media thing too. I have to admit I like Jessa Seewald's policy of not sharing the gender until after birth, and letting the siblings be the first to know. For her first, she called Jordyn and let Jordyn tell the rest of the family, which I thought was really special. 

The middle of the night thing happened to Chelsy [Bontrager] Maxwell with her second. Assumed she'd have a long labor, didn't bother calling anyone late at night, kid was born at 4:30am.

• Upvote 1

I have an acquaintance who had kids 11 months apart and she didn’t realize she was pregnant again until 6 weeks before the delivery, but they think the baby was two or three weeks early based on how the baby looked and behaved. 

She was nursing, her cycles had not returned, and the weight was stubborn about coming off, she honestly had no idea.

Since I have horrible morning sickness with  every pregnancy, none of my “puppies” were a surprise to anyone.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

I have an acquaintance who had kids 11 months apart and she didn’t realize she was pregnant again until 6 weeks before the delivery, but they think the baby was two or three weeks early based on how the baby looked and behaved. 

She was nursing, her cycles had not returned, and the weight was stubborn about coming off, she honestly had no idea.

Since I have horrible morning sickness with  every pregnancy, none of my “puppies” were a surprise to anyone.

That really makes sense! 

I knew I was pregnant both times at 3.5 weeks pregnant. I can always tell. My body hates pregnancy hormones so I get sick right away. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Discovery Health/TLC had a multi-season series called “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant”, in which none of them knew literally until just before birth.  There were multiple reasons, including being told by doctors that they couldn’t get pregnant(one woman underwent chemotherapy for cancer as a teen, resigned herself to never having children, and ultimately gave birth to twins), having sex too soon after their husband’s vasectomy, and in one case, getting pregnant ten years after a tubal ligation.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, smittykins said:

and in one case, getting pregnant ten years after a tubal ligation.

My husband worked with a guy who's wife got pregnant years after his vasectomy *and her tubal ligation. Crazy! 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Instagram is public again (she has been switching it back and forth a few times a week) and there is a new set of photos up.

The kids are adorable, she is rather plain and I wish she would take those ridiculous bonnets off that poor boy's head. It makes my head itch just looking at him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, DottyC said:

Instagram is public again (she has been switching it back and forth a few times a week) and there is a new set of photos up.

The kids are adorable, she is rather plain and I wish she would take those ridiculous bonnets off that poor boy's head. It makes my head itch just looking at him.

I’m surprised she doesn’t put a cute little boy hat on him. They make so many cute hats these days. My boys had a lot of hats and they always got complements. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, DottyC said:

It's not that she's plain, it's just that she doesn't wear makeup, at ALL, due to her religious beliefs. We're so used to seeing the fairly glammed up Bates and Duggar girls that it's a big contrast. Her very simple and subdued clothes also contrast with her daughters' ruffles and velvets.  I don't think her hairstyles or clothes flatter her either (she's always scraping her hair back), but she's just a normal looking woman.

And yes, those bonnets are ridiculous.

Edited by Jigsaw3
riffles.
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 1/30/2022 at 8:40 AM, MayMay1123 said:

My husband worked with a guy who's wife got pregnant years after his vasectomy *and her tubal ligation. Crazy! 

The local newspaper ran an article once detailing these post-sterization, nature trumps vasectomy/tubal ligation stories. I guess they're rare, but not unheard of.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

It's not that she's plain, it's just that she doesn't wear makeup, at ALL, due to her religious beliefs. We're so used to seeing the fairly glammed up Bates and Duggar girls that it's a big contrast. Her very simple and subdued clothes also contrast with her daughters' ruffles and velvets.  I don't think her hairstyles or clothes flatter her either (she's always scraping her hair back), but she's just a normal looking woman.

That's exactly right. I wouldn't wear make up on night duty and my colleagues would comment how tired and drawn I looked with huge circles under my eyes (I was mid 20s). Nope that's just my face without makeup. 
I think we are so use to seeing people with makeup, filters etc (& masks now!) that a women who doesn't use makeup looks plain. 
Also yeah, her hairstyle does her no favours. Very severe and not the least flattering. 

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Ah yes, that's more like it, plus as you say she is usually among pictures of her daughters and Cinderella ready for the ball would look plain to some of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

That's exactly right. I wouldn't wear make up on night duty and my colleagues would comment how tired and drawn I looked with huge circles under my eyes (I was mid 20s). Nope that's just my face without makeup. 
I think we are so use to seeing people with makeup, filters etc (& masks now!) that a women who doesn't use makeup looks plain. 
Also yeah, her hairstyle does her no favours. Very severe and not the least flattering. 

After working at my job for 3+ months, I came into work on my day off for a staff meeting. The job was dirty and wasn’t in the customer facing part, so I always wore clothes that were comfy, would get dirty, covered my hair and wore no makeup. For the meeting I had plans for the rest of the day. So I wore a floaty skirt, blouse, hair out and a little makeup. Plus strappy, high heeled sandals. 4 of my coworkers came up and asked “can I help you ‘ma’am?” And then swore as they recognised me. I probably should have been insulted but was just very amused. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • Love 4

I think Chelsea is a remarkably pretty woman who does absolutely nothing to compliment her own features. I truly can't figure it out. The slicked-back hair, puffy headbands, and single crispy curl dangling behind her ear are comically unflattering. She's got great skin and strikingly dark hair. Styling it so that more of the color frames her face (maybe a slightly less structured braid crown? Or a side part with a section pulled around to mimic side-swept bangs?) would be so much more flattering.

The other fundy Pentecostal women I follow seem to change up their style regularly, and really play with different hairstyles. Most have adapted trendy styles for super-long hair. Chelsea does this to some extent with her daughters, but seems unable to muster any creativity after the "little kid" stage. Both of the older daughters are starting to wear slicked-back styles now. It can't be related to their local congregation, because girls and women of all ages seem to have all sorts of hair styles in church social pics. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

@SolomonFundy her sister Nicole is the same with the scraped back unflattering hairstyle and very thin. Her fashion is almost exactly the same as well. Which is strange considering they are semi-estranged now. Although the girls attend each other's parties. 

Nicole's oldest is 16 now. Huge age gap between their oldest & second oldest, then 4 girls in 7(?) years. Her oldest is so tall & beautiful looking. All her girls are gorgeous really. 

edit: oldest is 16, then 8, 5 next month, 14 months and 1 month. 

Edited by Milly-Molly-Mandy
I have too much time on my hands and decided to fact check myself
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

@SolomonFundy her sister Nicole is the same with the scraped back unflattering hairstyle and very thin. Her fashion is almost exactly the same as well. Which is strange considering they are semi-estranged now. Although the girls attend each other's parties. 

Nicole's oldest is 16 now. Huge age gap between their oldest & second oldest, then 4 girls in 7(?) years. Her oldest is so tall & beautiful looking. All her girls are gorgeous really. 

edit: oldest is 16, then 8, 5 next month, 14 months and 1 month. 

I may be misremembering some details, but I believe that Nicole's husband worked for the government in some branch of Intelligence. She'd allude to it in posts, then they would get taken down or reworded. Whatever work he did seemed to require some degree of discretion, and quite a bit of travel earlier in their marriage. My suspicion is that they were preventing pregnancy for while during the time his career was more demanding.  (To my understanding, the Pentecostal church doesn't take a hardline stance against contraceptives.) And now, they seem to be chasing the elusive boy child, much like Seth and Chelsea did.

It IS kind of interesting that those two women have had at least 10 pregnancies between them, and are 9/1 girls to boy.

• Upvote 2

Regarding the scraped-back hairstyles of Chelsea and her girls: I’ll never forget the quip one of us made about them—“Holy Anne of Traction Alopecia!”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Is Nicole’s instagram public? I can’t remember her last name. 

Regarding Chelsea’s kids, I wonder if her oldest daughter really wants to wear the style that Chelsea seems to push on her. Surely other girls her age are dressing more comfortably and to their own tastes while still staying within their clothing guidelines. 

That little boy’s clothes…I just can’t. 

Edited by usmcmom
Typos
  • I Agree 2

On 2/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, DottyC said:

Is it still public? What is her user name ?

11 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Is it still public? What is her user name ?

Yes it is still public at the moment. Her username is chelsea_pomeroy  🙂

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

That little boy’s clothes…I just can’t. 

They're well....something. 

• I Agree 4

It seems that the 2 oldest are dressing a bit more "adult". My bar is low, so I take it as good news.

I laughed reading the post about 2-year-old George. If you just read it, it describes a normal child that age: a sweet mama-boy, with dirty hands, who wants to wear rain boots and baseball cap all day. But the pictures never show that.

I watched the Christmas presents pictures and videos. A golden electric train? A golden purse? One of the kids got a normal storybook, at least.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, DottyC said:

Yes it is still public at the moment. Her username is chelsea_pomeroy  🙂

Thank you! This one seems to be an old one, though, the last post is from 2014. Or am I missing something?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic