IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

1st baby, breast fed, slept through the night at 3 weeks, amazing. 2nd baby, I was too sick after birth to breast feed and by the time I was well my milk had dried up, so formula fed. Didn't sleep through the night for years. I let him sleep on my floor until he was 4 or 5. 3rd baby, breast fed for a full year, he weaned himself. Slept through at around 9 months. Also was my sickliest kid, has a multitude of food allergies and asthma. It's a crapshoot in my opinion.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Psy D Jr was a terrible sleeper.  He didn't sleep through the night until he was about 3.  I breast fed for the first two years & co-slept just so I could get some sleep.  I took a lot of criticism for that one- but he turned out to be well adjusted and moved out this fall to attend college a couple hundred miles away.  The breast feeding part- I was such as super lactator that I was able to donate gallons to the milk bank at the university hospital where I was working at the time. I even kept it up for about 6 months after PD Jr weaned himself.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I would bet that Chelsea is one of the few fundie mom's who has a bad sleeper- simply because in so many households with lots of kids the babies don't have the option to be bad sleepers. They are simply left in their rooms all night no matter what. 

I am not trying to criticize either approach (although I am in the middle of the spectrum between crying it our no matter what and nursing on demand all night). However, I think most of the fundie moms are definitely on the cry it out side while Chelsea seems to be on the opposite. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Another year done and another year that despite following 100+ members of their church I still have no idea what happened between Chelsea and Nicole. I've been following them since my almost 6 year old was a tiny newborn nursing all hours of the day. 
I have failed you FJ. I still am as clueless then as I am now. 

I felt very sorry for poor George being dragged to NYE church at 9pm when he just wanted to sleep. I swear they spend almost every day going to church. It's all they do and their entire lives revolve around it. 

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Another year done and another year that despite following 100+ members of their church I still have no idea what happened between Chelsea and Nicole. I've been following them since my almost 6 year old was a tiny newborn nursing all hours of the day. 
I have failed you FJ. I still am as clueless then as I am now. 

I felt very sorry for poor George being dragged to NYE church at 9pm when he just wanted to sleep. I swear they spend almost every day going to church. It's all they do and their entire lives revolve around it. 

It’s very cult like to me. They may present as these beautiful families, but they seem controlled by these churches. 

• Upvote 7

Not going to lie, her oldest daughters dress is gorgeous. And the girls look very pretty in non-blue, bright pink. But I don’t understand any more where they get the money for their lifestyle and never-repeating dresses than the Rods do. A private school principal can’t earn that much, surely?

As I said in, I think, the Maxwell thread, the Chelsea-Nicole feud is what I consider to be one of the Three Great Mysteries of FJ, the other 2 being the Rods finances and how the Maxwell girls escaped. Maybe, like the biblical mysteries, we aren’t meant to know or understand, we are just meant to ponder them forever.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

Clad in one of those uncomfortable twee outfits, no doubt. The latest picture has him in knickers. I actually like her style and she seems to have backed off on the constant matchy-matchy photos, but the clothes look uncomfortable for the younger kids and inappropriate for this century. George is going to want to burn these photos at some point in the future, 

I don’t have an Instagram account so I can’t access the pictures lower down in the stack. I may have to break down and register so I can see more of her handiwork. 

• Upvote 2

I think both sisters can sew. Maybe they do see some of the dresses. We know they sell them after the girls grow out of them. I imagine the resale value is quite good. The sisters might also do sewing work on the side for money as well. 

On 12/17/2022 at 2:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure some people have great breastfeeding experiences

I have, and also loooove the newborn stage. I would be a great Michelle, wouldn't I? 😝

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think both sisters can sew. Maybe they do see some of the dresses. We know they sell them after the girls grow out of them. I imagine the resale value is quite good. The sisters might also do sewing work on the side for money as well. 

Chelsea has said she can't sew but can use a hot gun so I am pretty sure she buys them. 
I've given her income some thought. As her husband Seth is the principal at the church school  (even with no experience in education before this appointment or education degree/ he was a salesman at a realators) it was clearly a nepotism appointment. Chelsea is the granddaughter of the founder of the church, niece and cousin to the current pastors.  
I think he would be paid very well as well as 'love offerings' plus they wouldn't have to pay for the girls education (church and school staff members have either heavily discounted or free education from what I've discerned). 
They also live in a low cost of living area. 
This is just my theory. 
Nicole's husband is in the FBI (former army) so would make a very decent income. I wonder if they will keep trying for a boy? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Chelsea has said she can't sew but can use a hot gun so I am pretty sure she buys them. 
I've given her income some thought. As her husband Seth is the principal at the church school  (even with no experience in education before this appointment or education degree/ he was a salesman at a realators) it was clearly a nepotism appointment. Chelsea is the granddaughter of the founder of the church, niece and cousin to the current pastors.  
I think he would be paid very well as well as 'love offerings' plus they wouldn't have to pay for the girls education (church and school staff members have either heavily discounted or free education from what I've discerned). 
They also live in a low cost of living area. 
This is just my theory. 
Nicole's husband is in the FBI (former army) so would make a very decent income. I wonder if they will keep trying for a boy? 

It must be Nicole that can sew. Because I’m almost positive at least one can sew. But yes, I bet he makes 6 figures as a principal at the school. It’s like the Clark family. They all get well paying jobs in the family business (elementary school, college, church, music group).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It must be Nicole that can sew. Because I’m almost positive at least one can sew. But yes, I bet he makes 6 figures as a principal at the school. It’s like the Clark family. They all get well paying jobs in the family business (elementary school, college, church, music group).

Yes it's Nicole. Apostolic Pentecostal churches seem to be run to provide a very good living for the Pastors extended family. Son in laws are youth pastors at certain churches, women in administration and accounting. I'm sure they are all paid VERY well. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Yes it's Nicole. Apostolic Pentecostal churches seem to be run to provide a very good living for the Pastors extended family. Son in laws are youth pastors at certain churches, women in administration and accounting. I'm sure they are all paid VERY well. 

It’s so culty. Over on the Katie and Travis Clark thread, I thought spending $350 on a chandelier for a baby’s room was a lot. But they can afford it because his parents gave him a well paying job. Just like the other Clarks. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, ElizaB said:

I would bet that Chelsea is one of the few fundie mom's who has a bad sleeper- simply because in so many households with lots of kids the babies don't have the option to be bad sleepers. They are simply left in their rooms all night no matter what. 

I am not trying to criticize either approach (although I am in the middle of the spectrum between crying it our no matter what and nursing on demand all night). However, I think most of the fundie moms are definitely on the cry it out side while Chelsea seems to be on the opposite. 

Never having had a child I’m always one to be cautious how I judge parents  unless obvious abuse/neglect etc exists. I agree with you about the middle ground though. I think being a parent has always been hard, but right now when I hear my parent friends talk about raising their children one thing I have noticed with a good bit of regularity is the absolute lack of middle ground. Yes. You can let a baby cry sometimes, and sometimes you can get up and feed and comfort and soothe that same baby. I don’t know if it’s over sharing on social media, harsh judgement from other parents or what but I see so many people go “all or nothing” with any particular style of parenting. 

Edited by SunnySide
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Man that is all just way too much. Sorry. I guess I’m too plain and simple because looking at those pictures just stresses me out. 

Same. I want to break out in hives. Or, write a Steve Maxwellian column on simplicity. 

• Haha 8

The word “nepotism” derives from the Latin word for “nephew” because it originally referred to the practice of Catholic priests (who were supposed to be celibate) giving jobs/money to their illegitimate sons and claiming them as their nephews. Nepotism in churches is rife and always has been, I reckon moreso than in the wealthy corporate/business world.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Everything seems to have to be “all or nothing” these days. Everything is just so polarised. It’s not just politics either! Parenting is either all sunshine and rainbows and #makingmemories or it’s all OMG SO AWFUL AND EXHAUSTING I NEED COFFEE AND WINE. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Everything seems to have to be “all or nothing” these days. Everything is just so polarised. It’s not just politics either! Parenting is either all sunshine and rainbows and #makingmemories or it’s all OMG SO AWFUL AND EXHAUSTING I NEED COFFEE AND WINE. 

It’s definitely an internet thing. In real life, all the moms I know are not like that. I’m glad I don’t care about having a perfect family and I don’t hate my life. I am pretty boring and ordinary. That’s how I like it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I liked the peach and green dresses in the second photo. However, the whole setup is a lot and overwhelming. It would be better if balanced against photos of the children in jeans and t-shirts which will never happen.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 1/5/2023 at 1:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am pretty boring and ordinary. That’s how I like it. 

Not sure I'd agree - well, you know best about how you like it, obv - but you're not "boring and ordinary"! (OK, outside of small circles, interest in fundies might be seen as boring, lol). So many of your posts here are hilarious, you have an encyclopedic knowledge of fundies, and every time you post about your friends, cats, boys, etc I think you sound like a kind and extraordinary friend and mum. So yeah, I know how you mean it, but, having read most of your comments over the years, "boring" and "ordinary" are doing some heavy lifting! 

Having said all that, I really like the floor in the pic with the peach and green outfits, but do we think she chose the clothes to coordinate with that lovely floor?! (The outfits are lovely, @Pecansforeveryone, the green especially, I'm sure my granny had something like that in the 40s) And that gingerbread house looks great, but gives me distinct Hansel and Gretel vibes, I was looking for a smoking chimney at the back!). George's outfit with the drums makes me think of Oscar from Gunther Grass in the "Tin Drum" where Oskar's beating of the drum "symbolizes his protest against the middle-class mentality of his family and neighborhood"(according to Wiki). Oskar also decides to never grow up, has many love affairs, and engages in criminal activities, and ends up in a mental hospital. Maybe not the image she wanted to project, though he looks cute enough. Other than that, and some dubious clothing choices (those collars with the blue coats/capes whatever are certainly a statement), they seem surprisingly "normal" for fundies. Santa?Trains?Actual presents and tree? 

I have to laugh also at "Christmas Crack". I once got  message from a FB mod asking me to rephrase, as I described malt paste as "rattie crack" (my pet rats love it!). Yes, you have to be 13/14 to use FB, but children might see "crack" and it would corrupt them, or something. I have no idea what Christmas Crack is, but the idea of a fundie posting this, and getting censored by FB to "think of the children" is oddly funny to me.

Finally, the article @Milly-Molly-Mandy shared seems to invite people to follow her (Chelsea's)insta. Is Chelsea not one of the on again/off again private accounts normally? Seems like she wants people to see, share and (possibly) snark now?

As usual, I forget to add something. Some of the dresses on the Charlotte Dimby website are gorgeous! I almost wish I knew someone who had a girl the right age and who needed a special occasion dress. No one I know would dress their kid in a dress like that outside of special events, however much disposable income they had, but my friends' kids are all the wrong age. Oh well, back to browsing for little kids comfy clothes on JojoMamanBebe (and ranting about why are there not dinosaur onesies in adult sizes? And cute giraffe PJs?  And lion slippers? Though I did find some "lion mop slippers" on amazon. Apparently, you wear them on your feet, and "glide around your house" to clean and polish your floors. They sound great, but in reality, I think I am going to get wet feet :( ) And why were kids clothes so hideous in the late 70s/early 80s? All my friends' kids have gorgeous (and comfy) clothes now, so my generation clearly decided to fix that! Though I'm glad baby/toddler clothes back in the day were not aggressively gendered like so many now, still, I envy some of the kid clothesI see!

Edited by Zebedee
Added something
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2

@Zebedeemy daughter makes Christmas Crack. It’s a toffee made from saltine crackers, brown sugar, butter, chocolate, and sometimes nuts or sprinkles. It’s so good! But also so rich!

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

@FeministShrew I'm not sure you can just say that, and then not tell me how to make it! Also, what is a saltine cracker, for us Euro types? I see it a lot in US recipes, and clearly I need it. Especially next year - on the 6th Jan here, the little kids come round (3 as the wise men, one as the star) and sing, and bless your house (all the C+M+B 202x signs above Catholic doors in Germany, for Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar, not Cosmic Background Radiation, as I originally thought. Confirmation bias of an astrophysicist, I guess).

Anyway, as Halloween isn't a big thing here, but stuff like that is, I absolutely need this recipe pronto! Also, it sounds delicious, and Germans in the South keep the Christmas thing going until Candlemas, so it is still in season...)

@Zebedee here you go! I’ve never made it myself, but it’s supposed to be easy.
A saltine or soda cracker is a thin, usually square cracker usually made from white flour, sometimes yeast, and baking soda, with most varieties lightly sprinkled with coarse salt. It has perforations over its surface, as well as a distinctively dry and crisp texture.

https://www.littlesweetbaker.com/christmas-crack-saltine-cracker-toffee/

• Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic