IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

Chelsea Pomeroy's IG is public again (for the moment, I know she switches it on and off at the drop of a hat).

Still dressing all the kids alike in ridiculously formal clothes, including while traveling.  Even the oldest (I feel so sorry for her).

What does her husband do that she can afford to spend literally THOUSANDS of dollars on clothes and matching everything?  Are they independently wealthy, did they inherit a family fortune? 

image.png.b5bd4ef82cf19b0b4445051c872352fb.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
photo
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 21
  • Love 1

I’ve never heard of her but WTF?!? No. Just no. That’s not cute at all! I have a headache from rolling my eyes too hard at that picture!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

Giraffe - that's a tame one.  Quick, go look at her IG and scroll awhile before the bat signal gets to her to make it private again.  It is MIND-BOGGLING.

I did a quick google search and found out Daddy Pomeroy is the principal of the private school run out of their church.  If it costs a pretty penny, that explains their financial situation a bit.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The baby boy is going to look like Little Lord Fontleroy in a year, complete with curls. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8

16 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’ve never heard of her but WTF?!? No. Just no. That’s not cute at all! I have a headache from rolling my eyes too hard at that picture!

@danvillebelle is right about that photo being tame. 

Her Instagram is still public. Following her will probably make her go private again so please don't touch the poop.

https://www.instagram.com/chelsea_pomeroy/

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

To be fair to them, compared to most of the families we talk about here they're tame.  The children dress unusually, but seem well cared for, educated - they all go to school, have access to mainstream things.  I know a lot of mainstream parents who think Peppa Pig is a bad influence, but they have access to her.

Those kids probably have far better futures and are in better positions then most children discussed.

But my golly, the emphasis on appearance in that household and the torture that must go on for the little girls hair.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

I took your suggestions and went to her IG. Holy shit! It’s like she’s living as Czarina Romanov!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

I agree that they are seemingly well off and the children seem well cared for.

But they are Pentecostal, and go to a Pentecostal school.  I'd bet those girls are being raised to grow up and be carbon copies of their mother.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

A couple of thoughts.  IF the girls are into it, it could be a fun family thing. Families can be into an entire spectrum of weird stuff and it's OK if all the family members enjoy it/can opt out if they don't.  The important thing is that the kids know they are loved and cherished for themselves. 

I don't know if there is old family money or if they live in the South, but that entire shtick screams old Southern WHITE family money. 

There's family money/inheritance/lottery winnings in there somewhere to support a nice house and the accoutrements of the well to do. 

The husband could be involved with a well-established church in a wealthy area, and needs to project a certain image. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

They live in North Little Rock and their church is a HUGE, ostentatious church.  So yeah to those aspects.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

I was scrolling through her Insta and noticed there's one pic of Baby Boy Blue wearing a MAGA hat. 

11 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

They live in North Little Rock and their church is a HUGE, ostentatious church.  So yeah to those aspects.

Bingo! 

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

I was scrolling through her Insta and noticed there's one pic of Baby Boy Blue wearing a MAGA hat. 

Oh one of the little girls had a Make America Great Again themed party. They’re deeply Trump. 

Mom is a twit. She used to speak disparagingly about one kid more than most, and they are legit rarely allowed normal clothing. 

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

Oh, the doll children! I find her pictures both fascinating and horrifying. I’ll admit, as a child I would have adored this aesthetic (until I discovered I couldn’t run around and get dirty). My mother, who hated fussiness in any form, would have firmly vetoed all of these garments. As an adult, I still find some of the dresses attractive, but the extreme matchiness puts these outfits over the top. I also hate that she’s dressing the oldest in clothes that are far too young, and that it seems to be an everyday occurrence rather than for special occasions only.

At least the kids look well cared for and generally happy, and she seems to have let up on the tight curls and braids. The girls look so much better with looser hair. But boo on her for dressing up Little Lord Pomeroy (didn’t she actually call him that?) in fussy rompers and bonnets. I hope at least one of those kids rebels hard against that aesthetic in later life. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

Bingo! 

Here is the picture from the "Make Birthdays Great Again" party.

741B65BF-276D-4C02-A5BD-84F7CCC20E8D.png

My 6th grader would hate it if I made her dress like her oldest.

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 3

She must love to iron! I looked at some of the pictures and I kept envisioning the ironing board pile getting higher and higher

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, imokit said:

To be fair to them, compared to most of the families we talk about here they're tame.  The children dress unusually, but seem well cared for, educated - they all go to school, have access to mainstream things.  I know a lot of mainstream parents who think Peppa Pig is a bad influence, but they have access to her.

Those kids probably have far better futures and are in better positions then most children discussed.

But my golly, the emphasis on appearance in that household and the torture that must go on for the little girls hair.

They are still expected to marry young, wear ridiculously modest clothing, be stay at home moms, and pop out more than the average number of kids for Jesus. 

And don’t forget, Chelsea and her sister love love love trump🙄

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I took your suggestions and went to her IG. Holy shit! It’s like she’s living as Czarina Romanov!

OMG, it hadn’t occurred to me until I looked at the recent photos, but the parallels with the last tsar’s family are uncanny. 4 older girls, dressed in matching or coordinating outfits, one younger boy who is obviously the cherished heir, kids appear to be happy but sheltered, apparently unlimited money, deeply conservative views, extremely religious, out of touch with ordinary folk, etc. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1

I want ALL of those kids' outfits.

For my dolls, of course. Not for actual kids. 

At some point I think mama there needs to let up on the actual kids and get the dolls she clearly wants, so she can dress them however she wants all the time without involving her kids.

I hope one of them turns out to be emo, goth, punk... anything that rejects the baby blue, navy and white aesthetic. 

Just now, postscript said:

OMG, it hadn’t occurred to me until I looked at the recent photos, but the parallels with the last tsar’s family are uncanny. 4 older girls, dressed in matching or coordinating outfits, one younger boy who is obviously the cherished heir, kids appear to be happy but sheltered, apparently unlimited money, deeply conservative views, extremely religious, out of touch with ordinary folk, etc. 

Well, hopefully they won't end up the same way as the Romanovs. 

Does she have a Rasputin?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

How old are her two oldest daughters? I can’t believe she makes teens dress like that.

Her oldest is starting 8th grade. Can you imagine wearing outfits like that as a middle schooler?

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy
2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

She must love to iron! I looked at some of the pictures and I kept envisioning the ironing board pile getting higher and higher

I strongly suspect that "someone" comes in to clean,  iron, sometimes tend to the kids and maybe even cook. If so, that leaves her a LOT of time to think about suiting up the girls. 

I am having a flashback to the Trumpy party!  

Has mom achieved influencer level on her Insta? She has more than enough followers for her to successfully spruik those clothes as a brand ambassador for some brand or another. 

I hate to say it because the guy is probably pure as the driven snow, Father of the Year and the Perfect Husband, but he's just so very perfect it screams possible "double life." 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

I hate to say it because the guy is probably pure as the driven snow, Father of the Year and the Perfect Husband, but he's just so very perfect it screams possible "double life." 

With all these fundies we snark on I doubt very much that Josh Duggar’s an outlier in the double life department. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 14

So now I'm left pondering on this hot smoky day: Is it better to be a Rod kid, getting dirty and not have to worry about your clothes getting trashed because they were ratty when you put them on, or  a Pomeroy kid, wearing ridiculous outfits, not being allowed to get dirty ever, and not just having to smile for mama's camera but to pose over and over again until she gets her perfect shots?

As Stevehovah would say, something to think about.

• Upvote 21

Since they live near Little Rock, the mystery of the matching clothes in that style isn't too difficult.  We stumbled across a few boutique style children's shops in LR and vicinity that seemed to specialize in "old fashioned," overly cutesy styled clothes.  My daughter bought a few dresses for granddaughter and one boy outfit for a special occasion.  The clothes cost more than Target but less than Tea regular price so not completely outrageous.  If she keeps the mid sizes for the girls and then only adds coordinating for the older daughter and son, she isn't constantly having to buy for all the kids each season.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic