IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Is that statement in support anywhere on Huckabee's social media? I can’t see it.  Where did he say this, or is it an old quote JB has rehashed? 

It looks like this is old. I can't find anything of Huckabee endorsing JB now, and apparently he removed the Duggar endorsements (them endorsing Huckabee) from his social media years ago. 

• Thank You 11

15 minutes ago, patsymae said:

It looks like this is old. I can't find anything of Huckabee endorsing JB now, and apparently he removed the Duggar endorsements (them endorsing Huckabee) from his social media years ago. 

If Boob rehashed that old quote out of context I hope Hucklebee publicly denounces it or else takes legal action to make Boob remove it.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

If Boob rehashed that old quote out of context I hope Hucklebee publicly denounces it or else takes legal action to make Boob remove it.

Me too. And I hope every one of their dumbass leghumpers becomes a former leghumper and they are totally isolated from their own vile "community." They may still feel persecuted and think everybody has been taken over by Satan, but it will clip their wings as far as clout, speaking engagements, etc. I think JB cares as much about adulation as he does about money and I love the idea of that supply drying up. Not sure what Meech cares about, though, and she can probably continue to get her narcissistic supply from the littles and grandkids for a long time.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

That would be INCREDIBLE if Huckabee slams them for this
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14

In case anyone thinks the Duggars have any sense of shame, they had their own float at a Christmas parade, posing with a baby, Jed and his wife along for the ride and like minded idiots campaigning for them. There is no cunning master plan here- just entitled bigots hoping there are enough of them out there to put him into office.

• Upvote 16
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And for people who hate government intruding in their lives, JB sure seems eager to get another government paycheck and possibly intrude on others’ lives.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 15

@SassyPants That’s different. JB has the right to intrude on everyone else’s lives. He’s God’s chosen one, silly. He’s on Earth to steer us all back to righteousness. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 8

After today’s performance in court, all JBs rivals need to do is say they will be honest and protect women and girls. JB can’t claim either of those things.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I can't find the JB and Michelle thread. I would have put this news there.

Michelle recommended a book called We Will Not Be Silenced: Responding Courageously To Our Culture’s Assault on Christianity . From the article I linked:

I just finished listening to this audiobook!” she penned in a message on the Duggar family Facebook account. "This powerful book by Dr. Erwin Lutzer has been extremely helpful and thought-provoking. I highly recommended it for every Christian in America.”

And here's an article where JB slams "cancel culture' and the "woke-left".  

The Holts are not "woke left" and they have a pretty miserable opinion of you.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, PinkGreyBrown said:

Huh, I thought this was the thread for discussing the Duggar parental units, Jim Bob & Michelle. Is it not?

No this is a Duggar catchall thread, not one devoted to JB and Michelle.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If everyone who condemns CSA material is woke left, the right is going to be pretty empty.

Damn it, where’s that amen button?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If everyone who condemns CSA material is woke left, the right is going to be pretty empty.

Honestly, nothing would surprise me.  Remember when we all thought Nazis were bad?  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 12/2/2021 at 12:47 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Remember during the Biden election when the right was convinced that he would allow pedophillia? I remember seeing that nonsense on Facebook 

• Upvote 6

On 12/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Remember during the Biden election when the right was convinced that he would allow pedophillia? I remember seeing that nonsense on Facebook 

The gross thing about that is that it's based on their hatred of gay marriage, which somehow confounds the sanctity of hetero marriage as established by Lord Robert Young in the seminal 1949 radio production Father Knows Best.

Somehow, if you want to marry a person of another sex, this means you also think sex with children or animals is okay. They are equivalent to the malevolent conservative mind, devoid as it is of all historical or sociological knowledge that predates World War 2. 

• I Agree 5

Been following the trial and have been curious about Laura and when/how she joined this circus. Someone said she came to the cult as an adult which I found interesting because why in the world to people join that mess as adults? From a skim of her Instagram posts it seems she’s been with IBLP for years. Anyone know otherwise?

-She and her three siblings were homeschooled all the way through, so likely conservative family upbringing - are we sure she came to ATI as an adult? Less interesting to me if she simply got to be friends with Duggars from their circles. 

-She was leader at JTTH, family conference helping with the girls program, lots of IBLP dinners going back for years, and has worked (does work?) for Embassy Media which hosts all the teaching talks.

-lots of pics with Duggars and other ATI peeps, including Bates girls, almost all Duggars, Priscilla Waller, Paines, Webster campaigns etc. Just reminds me how intertwined these circles are and how involved the celeb families still are with IBLP

She lived in Chicago some years back and worked at the Chicago IBLP hub - maybe where Brandon worked? - and recently finished a three year Bible school program at https://fbiclass.com which looks to have the same 90s website all IBLP stuff does so I assume they are connected.

And..now I feel stalkerish and remind myself - and everyone - never to post personal details on public accounts!

Edited by neuroticcat
Forgot to add Webster’s and Paines
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Been following the trial and have been curious about Laura and when/how she joined this circus. Someone said she came to the cult as an adult which I found interesting because why in the world to people join that mess as adults? From a skim of her Instagram posts it seems she’s been with IBLP for years. Anyone know otherwise?

I've skimmed her Instagram in the past and noticed that some of the posts she captions with stuff about being at home, she usually will tag Carmel, IN. For anyone who doesn't know, is a very affluent suburb of Indianapolis. Isn't there some IBLP or other fundie school somewhere in Indy? Maybe if she's from Carmel that's how she and her family got involved originally.

Edited by Cat Damon
grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Laura Demaisie works (or at least has worked) for IBLP - for Embassy Media (IBLP's online resource guides) at least in the mid-2010s if not still now. She's in her 30s. IBLP has mentioned her in articles about various ministries (from JTTH to volunteer prison ministries like this one https://iblp.org/news/liberty-captives she did with Becky Keilen). Not sure how much she was "raised" in the borg, but has at least devoted a significant chunk of her adult life into employment with them....which is what I presume Amy Duggar King is referring to her in the clapback to Laura's comment on Amy's instagram. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic