IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

Especially given Josh and their grandparents' attitudes toward what he likes to do. I think of that picture where they had 9--I think--all little granddaughters born in a row and I just want to cry.

Apparently they genuinely believed that the long string of boys was because God knew better than to give them girls while Josh was in his molesting phase. They believed that the births of the four younger girls meant that he had stopped. Incidentally, the streak of granddaughters is now up to 11. There hasn’t been a boy since Garrett in June 2018.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 13

On 11/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Giraffe said:

Wow, that gives me a glimmer of hope JB won’t win. 

The handful of people I have met from Arkansas do not like the Duggars. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Apparently they genuinely believed that the long string of boys was because God knew better than to give them girls while Josh was in his molesting phase. They believed that the births of the four younger girls meant that he had stopped. Incidentally, the streak of granddaughters is now up to 11. There hasn’t been a boy since Garrett in June 2018.

Huh??? where did they state this? or are you being sarcastic? I am leaning on sarcastic but thought I would double check

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Huh??? where did they state this? or are you being sarcastic? I am leaning on sarcastic but thought I would double check

No, not sarcastic, but dammit, I cannot find the statement. I can’t remember the context or how it was phrased, so I’m not sure where to look. Does anyone else remember? I just read the transcript of the Megan Kelly interview, and it’s not there. They haven’t published a book since the 2015 scandal. 

• Thank You 4

On 11/10/2021 at 5:00 PM, sndral said:

Let’s see, JB’s eldest son is facing trial for downloading CSA & his republican opponent just happens to volunteer for an organization dedicated to protecting kids from CSA, what a coincidence!

If I were this guy, I'd mention this volunteer time in every single ad.  

Doesn't even need to mention Josh or JB.  Anybody who doesn't already know about that is so far under a rock they probably won't even see the ad in the first place.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I hate that I have become wary of this, but normally people passionate about stopping child trafficking rings alarm bells for me these days due to QAnon, Pizzagate, and how that sort of discourse seems to turn people on to an inaccurate paranoia toward human trafficking (i.e.- that's it's a serious risk for your middle class suburban children, that it's grossly sexual in nature, etc).

However... this NCPTF organization looks legit. I would even say some of the best web sleuths on FJ could do good work for an org like that! I hope this opponent wins.

Re. illnesses- I once made out with a guy over the course of an evening, he started feeling ill the next day, and was diagnosed with mono a day or two after that. I can't believe I avoided it but apparently it's not as contagious as similar illnesses, and I believe him in that he said he had not started feeling symptoms when we kissed. Still, he was down for the count for several months, poor guy. That was during a busy time in my life and I feel like I dodged a bullet.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

50 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I hate that I have become wary of this, but normally people passionate about stopping child trafficking rings alarm bells for me these days due to QAnon, Pizzagate, and how that sort of discourse seems to turn people on to an inaccurate paranoia toward human trafficking (i.e.- that's it's a serious risk for your middle class suburban children, that it's grossly sexual in nature, etc).

However... this NCPTF organization looks legit. I would even say some of the best web sleuths on FJ could do good work for an org like that! I hope this opponent wins

My mind went straight to Q anon and pizza gate too. Thanks for looking into it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

To be clear, I didn't do a deep dive. It just seems like a citizen research network and didn't really use any terms that raise red flags for me. I do strongly suspect that someone saw a window for this type of platform when JBs candidacy when announced. I'm not complaining. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Me too. But when I looked at it, it seemed more along the lines of how to keep kids safe on-line, how to spot a predator, parent education etc… much more normal than I was thinking. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Me too. But when I looked at it, it seemed more along the lines of how to keep kids safe on-line, how to spot a predator, parent education etc… much more normal than I was thinking. 

Sounds pretty good actually. Decent quality resource. I hope it’s not just a front for dodgeyness. Lol the Judgey non truster in me is skeptical lol 

• Upvote 4

According to Reddit there are more challengers now. Lisa Parks - a grandmother and child welfare attorney who is friends with Megan Godfrey (who beat Jed). Then another Republican who works for the mayor.

• Upvote 21
  • Thank You 9

Good. I hope JB trails last by some distance.

I suspect he's always wanted to get back into politics though. He was preparing Josh for it, and then Jed. My theory is that it was either explicit or implied that he couldn't have a regular TV show and be in office at the same time, and he had a deal with J'chelle that as soon as TLC were done with them he would run again. I think the timing has little to do with Josh's crimes or the J kids growing up and moving out, but a fair bit to do with TLC finally dropping them properly.

If TLC had a regular "documentary" featuring a current candidate, would all payment made to said candidate be classed as political donations and need to be declared? Or are there rules about free advertising where you have to give equal airtime to all candidates or anything?

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 14

8 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Considering he lost in the primaries the last two times he ran, I wonder what makes him think he could win this time.

I suspect he thought(or hoped) he would be the only republican running. I think he saw this special election as an easy way for him to get back into politics. I think this will backfire big time and only bring more publicity to the skeletons in the Duggar prayer closet. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Considering he lost in the primaries the last two times he ran, I wonder what makes him think he could win this time.

Can a penis have its very own ego... a 'peego' ??

(Kind of sorry, been sick and am hopped up on meds.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

One word. Trump. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I suspect he thought(or hoped) he would be the only republican running. I think he saw this special election as an easy way for him to get back into politics. I think this will backfire big time and only bring more publicity to the skeletons in the Duggar prayer closet. 

Your words to god’s ears. 

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

Can a penis have its very own ego... a 'peego' ??

(Kind of sorry, been sick and am hopped up on meds.)

Brain bleach brain bleach brain bleach needed. Do not need that jb image. Lol

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'd like to see JB win the primary only to get beat by a Democrat in the general provided there is a Dem running.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Ahhhh to have the self confidence of an uneducated, misogynist, conservative evangelical cis het American white male.

Except you'd have to hand over every single firing neuron in your brain, your dignity and pride... but when you're so far up your own ass you love the smell of your kukae I guess those silly things don't matter. 

Edited by zee_four
Forgot the American part
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'd like to see JB win the primary only to get beat by a Democrat in the general provided there is a Dem running.

If it turned out that way it would be glorious... but I wouldn't count on any Republican losing in that state. Safer if he gets trounced in the primary.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Last place in the primary with less than 10% of the vote sounds good to me.  Trounce his expectations quickly and thoroughly.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Last place in the primary with less than 10% of the vote sounds good to me.  Trounce his expectations quickly and thoroughly.

Yep. Send a clear message that he is too toxic for the Republicans. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 11/16/2021 at 7:08 AM, Smee said:

Good. I hope JB trails last by some distance.

I suspect he's always wanted to get back into politics though. He was preparing Josh for it, and then Jed. My theory is that it was either explicit or implied that he couldn't have a regular TV show and be in office at the same time, and he had a deal with J'chelle that as soon as TLC were done with them he would run again. I think the timing has little to do with Josh's crimes or the J kids growing up and moving out, but a fair bit to do with TLC finally dropping them properly.

If TLC had a regular "documentary" featuring a current candidate, would all payment made to said candidate be classed as political donations and need to be declared? Or are there rules about free advertising where you have to give equal airtime to all candidates or anything?

The Orange Menance proved to him that you could be an unqualified reality shmo with idiot children and get elected. That's why he's going for it now. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

On 11/16/2021 at 9:19 AM, DalmatianCat said:

Maybe he just needed a distraction from worrying about Josh. 😉😁😉

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

If it turned out that way it would be glorious... but I wouldn't count on any Republican losing in that state. Safer if he gets trounced in the primary.

Didn't Jed lose his race to a democrat?

• Upvote 1

I’m surprised that no one’s mentioned yesterday’s post on the DFO Facebook account. There’s a photo of Jackson with a dead deer and the big rifle he used to shoot it. They like venison jerky and Jackson’s a good cook. Clearly, they’ve accepted that their audience is the blue half of the nation, and they don’t have to care what TLC might have to say about not pissing off the animal lovers anymore. Oh, and today they’re using National Prematurity Day or something to preach pro-life.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic