IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet

nelliebelle1197

On 8/5/2022 at 8:50 AM, HereticHick said:

Why do we think its real?

No one has ever created a fake baby registry for a Duggar or a Bates (unlike the fake wedding registries that have popped up). And according to Duggar Data, the due dates associated with their registries have always been accurate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

If the party was for Abbie why isn’t she in the middle of the picture?? /BEC

I wondered the same thing and ended up presuming it was so she was turned sideways to show the bump.  

• Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Does a Bates trump a Duggar in the fundie celebrity stakes these days?

Esther tends to have a “look at me” vibe like many Bateses. Abbie has never seemed that way. Therefore it doesn’t surprise me Esther is in the middle. Nathan has a type. His first girlfriend showed off her bump as much as possible at his and Esther’s wedding. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Cam said:

Seems to me like it’s the only time a woman gets the spotlight on her once she’s married. Having a shower to look forward to helps mask the drudgery of the fundie wife life. Good excuse to gather and gossip without the mens, without every little last thing being about the magnification and adoration of all the mens. 

This.
  I also wonder if fundies have parties that are not connected to a life event or a holiday. Do they say: “I’m tired of being cooped up inside with just the kids because of the weather. Let’s have a party!” Or: “The youngest is now trained! Twenty years of diapers in the rear view mirror! Party!” They get together at church and meet for coffee, but do they have real blowout parties that aren’t dictated by convention? (Maybe that doesn’t have much appeal if you neither drink nor dance.)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

This.
  I also wonder if fundies have parties that are not connected to a life event or a holiday. Do they say: “I’m tired of being cooped up inside with just the kids because of the weather. Let’s have a party!” Or: “The youngest is now trained! Twenty years of diapers in the rear view mirror! Party!” They get together at church and meet for coffee, but do they have real blowout parties that aren’t dictated by convention? (Maybe that doesn’t have much appeal if you neither drink nor dance.)

Yes they do! Called vow renewal shindigs where they pick their favorite bridesmaid dress from the closet and whoop it up.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

That blue gingham, puffed sleeved and ruffled dress seems so out of Lauren’s usual style range. Her style normally doesn’t encompass Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. 

I found myself looking at that lineup and calculating how many of them are either currently pregnant, have had a recent baby, or are rumored to have had a recent baby. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, viii said:

If the party was for Abbie why isn’t she in the middle of the picture?? /BEC

It's from Esther's phone, posted to her account. So my guess is she said, "gather 'round blue-clad girlies for my insta post." And they gathered around her, and Joy is squinched into place to make room for the tall one, because whoever took the picture said, "okay, you gotta skooch in a bit."

• Upvote 3

Abbie's having a boy- some guests wore blue, some didn't. Take a picture with the blue guests.

Abbie's having a boy a few years after having a girl, so she'll need some new/boy things. 

It seems a normal logical thing to have a shower in this case.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, postscript said:

That blue gingham, puffed sleeved and ruffled dress seems so out of Lauren’s usual style range. Her style normally doesn’t encompass Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. 

I found myself looking at that lineup and calculating how many of them are either currently pregnant, have had a recent baby, or are rumored to have had a recent baby. 

That dress wore Lauren. Yikes!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That dress wore Lauren. Yikes!

I don't tend to buy things in shades of light blue because I don't look good in pastel colors. I can rock a Navy but baby blue makes me look ill. If I were invited to a shower like this and instructed to wear blue I know I'd be at my nearest thrift shop grabbing anything I could find in my size in the appropriate color scheme. I wonder if this happened to Lauren.

Just now, Audrey2 said:

I don't tend to buy things in shades of light blue because I don't look good in pastel colors. I can rock a Navy but baby blue makes me look ill. If I were invited to a shower like this and instructed to wear blue I know I'd be at my nearest thrift shop grabbing anything I could find in my size in the appropriate color scheme. I wonder if this happened to Lauren.

Most of the Duggar ladies I’d agree, but Lauren has never presented as a buy used and save the difference Kind of gal. She might be postpartum and going for comfort. They all look healthy and happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Most of the Duggar ladies I’d agree, but Lauren has never presented as a buy used and save the difference Kind of gal. She might be postpartum and going for comfort. They all look healthy and happy.

I'm not typically a thrift shop shopper as shopping and noise me and I have two stores that I know I can go in try on something in my size and it's rare that it doesn't fit properly. I hit up the thrift store for something that I have to wear for a special reason and will probably only wear once before re-donating it.

• Upvote 1

That’s a lot of light blue, mostly farm type dresses- I wonder if there was some theme, or contest? Or maybe they thought it was amusing how many of them were wearing similar colored clothes and decided to do a photo? I’m glad Jill was up to it with the new baby, aren’t they a couple hours drive now? Or are they closer? 

• Upvote 2

Looking back at the blue dress photo, I wonder if there was a theme of “dress like an old lady or wear an old dress.” Aside from the Bates woman and maybe Kendra, the other dresses seem outside the normal attire for the individuals in the photo. So many ruffles and Abbie’s dress looks like a MOTB assemble from 1978. Jana and SIL at the end next to Joy dresses look faded and well worn. Abbie usually dresses fairly modern as does Lauren. I know several  of these gals are postpartum and Abbie is at the end of pregnancy and those affect attire choices…

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Looking back at the blue dress photo, I wonder if there was a theme of “dress like an old lady or wear an old dress.” Aside from the Bates woman and maybe Kendra, the other dresses seem outside the normal attire for the individuals in the photo. So many ruffles and Abbie’s dress looks like a MOTB assemble from 1978. Jana and SIL at the end next to Joy dresses look faded and well worn. Abbie usually dresses fairly modern as does Lauren. I know several  of these gals are postpartum and Abbie is at the end of pregnancy and those affect attire choices…

These types of dresses are popular now. Which is funny to me because they are frumpy and modest. They will be the frumpers of the 2020s.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These types of dresses are popular now. Which is funny to me because they are frumpy and modest. They will be the frumpers of the 2020s.

Thanks for the info- clearly I have not purchased a dress in a loooooooong time! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Thanks for the info- clearly I have not purchased a dress in a loooooooong time! 

I think the less poofy and frilly ones are cute. But the ones like Lauren is wearing are just too much for my taste. It reminds me of how Princess Diana’s wedding dress wore her. She didn’t wear it. It’s the same way with the dress Lauren is wearing. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not only in fundie circles. Right now, every store seems to sell nothing but flowery, ruffled, old-timey long summer dresses. The dresses in that photo a pretty moderate by the standards of the current retro-fad. They will need to find something new if they want to look different from us heathens.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ignorantobserver said:

Not only in fundie circles. Right now, every store seems to sell nothing but flowery, ruffled, old-timey long summer dresses. The dresses in that photo a pretty moderate by the standards of the current retro-fad. They will need to find something new if they want to look different from us heathens.

Oh yes definitely. Target loves selling that kind of dress. But I see them at all stores. This is exactly why I get annoyed when fundies act like it’s hard to find modest clothing. No it fucking isn’t. It’s easy as hell. They just want to feel persecuted. 

• Upvote 8