IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

On 8/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Cults-r-us said:

I keep hoping the Arndt bros will tunnel under the Maxwell Compound and abscond with the Spinster Sisters. It will be the Fundie variant of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers! We will read about it in 3 years when their blog gets updated.

The Arndts are too worldly! They go all out for birthdays in Mom and Dad's room lol

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The Arndts are too worldly! They go all out for birthdays in Mom and Dad's room lol

I don't follow them, although I generally know who they are. 

And, um, WHAT? 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

And, um, WHAT? 

Hands on the belly, cake on the bed!

• WTF 1
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Just for posterity sake, let's all read these beautiful words again. Because we are all wishing our families loves us enough to say this to us on our 37th birthday. 

We know you envisioned your life to be a stay-at-home mom homeschooling children, but God hasn’t directed  that way by bringing the right man into your life. So you have focused your energies on what He has given you to do and had an amazingly  productive life in that.

You are the backbone of Titus2 and are diligent to keep up with all the details that it generates. 

So many families are blessed and encouraged by the children’s books you write and our Titus2 blog that you keep content flowing to every week.

You deal with the financial aspects of your brothers’ businesses plus do more for them, and they are all grateful to you. 

We love you, and look forward to what God has in store for you in 2019.

Wouldn't it be excited if Sarah, for her 40th birthday, got "caught" being pregnant, becoming Leavenworth's oldest unwed mother? Now that would light up the Titus 2 blog!

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Just for posterity sake, let's all read these beautiful words again. Because we are all wishing our families loves us enough to say this to us on our 37th birthday. 

We know you envisioned your life to be a stay-at-home mom homeschooling children, but God hasn’t directed  that way by bringing the right man into your life. So you have focused your energies on what He has given you to do and had an amazingly  productive life in that.

You are the backbone of Titus2 and are diligent to keep up with all the details that it generates. 

So many families are blessed and encouraged by the children’s books you write and our Titus2 blog that you keep content flowing to every week.

You deal with the financial aspects of your brothers’ businesses plus do more for them, and they are all grateful to you. 

We love you, and look forward to what God has in store for you in 2019.

I think, maybe, just maybe, that this is supposed to be a positive uplifting paragraph? You didn't get what we all thought you would given your girl bits but you still managed to have some sort of a life.  Because Jesus and something something humility and servant's heart etc. So, see, no babies but she still gets into heaven to spend eternity with Steve. So phew!  Yuck, gross and ew. Personally I don't know how Steve and Teri can look at their children and think they *done good.  Most human people want every good thing possible for their kids. Go get 'em kid. Not these two though. Stay close, do stuff daddy can deal with and don't question any-damn-thing.

*  FYI - I know 'done good' is terrible English. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

25 minutes ago, Myfanwy said:

I think, maybe, just maybe, that this is supposed to be a positive uplifting paragraph? You didn't get what we all thought you would given your girl bits but you still managed to have some sort of a life.  Because Jesus and something something humility and servant's heart etc. So, see, no babies but she still gets into heaven to spend eternity with Steve. So phew!  Yuck, gross and ew. Personally I don't know how Steve and Teri can look at their children and think they *done good.  Most human people want every good thing possible for their kids. Go get 'em kid. Not these two though. Stay close, do stuff daddy can deal with and don't question any-damn-thing.

*  FYI - I know 'done good' is terrible English. 

There are no fundies who want this for their kids. Fundies only want their kids to behave as the parents tell them. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There are no fundies who want this for their kids. Fundies only want their kids to behave as the parents tell them. 

That's a worry, cos according to me that makes fundie parents not human. 🤔

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Hands on the belly, cake on the bed!

And Penguins? Am I remembering that right? LOL

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

And Penguins? Am I remembering that right? LOL

The Arndts are definitely penguinophiles, but I'm not aware of anything specifically birthday related.  Penguin wrapping paper for any gifts, maybe?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Wouldn't it be excited if Sarah, for her 40th birthday, got "caught" being pregnant, becoming Leavenworth's oldest unwed mother? Now that would light up the Titus 2 blog!

That would upend the basic premise of Christianity, wouldn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And, um, WHAT? 

I don't follow them much, either, but I think I can help with the birthday celebrations.

For some reason even the Arndt's can remember, the family gathers in the parents bedroom for birthday cake.  The birthday boy (or girl) either sits or stands at the foot of the bed holding the cake while everyone gathers around and sings the birthday song.  Then they blow out the candles and pose for a picture.  Mrs. A always stands next to the birthday boy (or girl) and always places one of her hands possessively on their stomach.  

I don't know if they eat the cake in the bedroom or open presents there, or move to a less intimate location.  I don't know about the penguins, apparently at least some of the kids really like them.  Papa A's infamous movie has been under production for at least ten years, although I'm not sure if they've done much with it lately.  Papa A plays the lead role of a man lost in the snowy woods where he comes across an isolated cabin inhabited by Mrs. A.  One of them is religious, and leads the other to the Lord.  I think there's some sensual pumpkin washing in it, but probably no penguins.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the reason birthdays are celebrated in MA and Pa Arndt's bedroom is because that's where all the Arndt kids were conceived?

Edited by SPHASH
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 9

Sarah's 40th is gonna be utterly disappointing, isn't it?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5

I wonder, at what point will they take of the line from Sarah's bio about her waiting on the Lord for the right guy? When will they drop that fiction? After she turns 40? 45? 50?

It's interesting, too, that they've never put anything in Anna's and Mary's bios about waiting for marriage. The line in Sarah's bio was put there when she was in her early 20s and the younger girls were clearly to young to be thinking of marriage. But nothing about the younger girls wanting marriage has ever been added, though they are now well into their 20s. 

• Upvote 11

Maybe I’m imagining things, but I swear that at some point, a few years ago, the line about being a wife and mother actually disappeared from Sarah’s bio for a bit, and was then added back in. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I’ve suddenly started noticing Sarah’s earrings. I knew she had pierced ears but had never noticed her wearing earrings before.  I especially noticed them in Steve’s birthday photo and thought Sarah looked really nice that day. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Maybe I’m imagining things, but I swear that at some point, a few years ago, the line about being a wife and mother actually disappeared from Sarah’s bio for a bit, and was then added back in. 

It did for a while. I wonder what their thinking was. 

• I Agree 1

16 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Sarah's 40th is gonna be utterly disappointing, isn't it?

I bet they won’t even say it’s her 40th. They will just say happy birthday, make a backhanded complement, say a few things about god and that’s it. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I wonder what's going on with Sarah. She hasn't written on the blog since August 2nd. Does the concussion bother her again? Is she on a mission trip? Is she on what some might call a vacation? Busy writing a new book? I hope she is alright.

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, Austrian Atheist said:

I wonder what's going on with Sarah. She hasn't written on the blog since August 2nd. Does the concussion bother her again? Is she on a mission trip? Is she on what some might call a vacation? Busy writing a new book? I hope she is alright.

I truly hope she’s just choosing not to blog anymore. It was a lot of work. I hope she’s busy with other things she enjoys. 

• Upvote 9

I wish the three women would leave the Maxwell cult so that they can live more fulfilling lives, with partners they choose (should they truly wish to get married and/or have kids), an actual job that sustains them and lots and lots of freedom.

But unfortunately, I’m not holding my breath… I somehow see it more likely that one of the Anderson (daughters of ZZ and the PP) girls will one day escape than someone from Maxhell. 

• Upvote 6

Sarah is pretty active on LinkedIn. I think it's her only social media so she likes everything having to do with dogs and everything Joseph posts gets a like and a comment. 

So, she isn't really refraining from screen time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 11

No matter how the Maxes try to spin it, Sarah is a prime example of what Michael Pearl (gag) called "Cloistered Homeschool Syndrome." A complete failure to launch.

If someone like Michael Pearl calls you out (in a not-so-veiled fashion), you've gotta know you failed your children, right Steve? 

…I am thankful for the testimony of the Foger family as well as other families that have come into our lives. They are a prototype to help us understand the problems that are arising among some older homeschooling families. We call it by different names. Today it is the Cloistered Homeschooled Syndrome. Briefly, it is the failure of the parents to understand, appreciate, and respect the individuality of their adult children. They sacrifice the individual identities of their children on the altar of their own emotional needs, making them nurse when they should be killing and dressing their own food, making them obey when they should be learning to command. They seem to think that grown children are God’s gift to them rather than their gift to God. Through letters and personal contact, we see more and more of this cult-like isolationism, parents demanding absolute allegiance to the family group, and fearing outside contact might break up their “fellowship.” Adult kids who want to launch out on their own are told that they are rebellious and disloyal and are causing grief to those who have nurtured them. Emotionally needy parents manipulate their grown children into remaining loyal to the unit. Thirty-year-old daughters sit at home acting as surrogate mothers, watching their prospects to ever be a mother dwindle.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic