IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I'm super intrigued.

While we wait, let's revisit Anna's old post about college https://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

One of my favorite lines from that post. 

It seems that it would be a waste of the Lord’s finances for me to go to college when I have no need for a college degree. 

*snort* 

The LORD has money, y'all. And he apparently would share it with Anna to go to college, but Anna thinks it would be a waste so she won't ask him for it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3

It's been two weeks since the ofSteve's updated the blog. If we don't see Sarah's wedding announcement next week I'm going to assume the blog is dead.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

The Lord’s finances??  I’ve never heard of such a thing. 

If my mentioning Bro Gary in other threads annoys or bores you, scroll on by, but he popped into my mind when I read this.

According to Gary and the people at the churches he visits, the Lord (excuse me, LORD) owns everything, and so has all of the money, we are just allowed to use it.

"God ain't broke," he says, and "The LORD gave me ___________ (insert description of since-broken-down vehicle here)." God gave him a tent, and a wife (#2, wife #1 has miraculously ceased to exist, despite the three, possibly four children they had).

It's one of the reasons self-proclaimed missionaries and preachers and evangelists can always say that God gave them housing, vehicles, food, clothing, etc., when it is the hard work of other humans that really did.

I don't know that the Maxwells subscribe to this idea, but they might. Being stupid enough to do no work at all (they did sell product - books and MOTH materials, for years, after all) and go on and on about how "God" gave them everything would be out of character for them, but having the basic belief might not.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

One of my favorite lines from that post. 

It seems that it would be a waste of the Lord’s finances for me to go to college when I have no need for a college degree. 

*snort* 

The LORD has money, y'all.

Well Steve DOES think he's God :pb_lol:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

It's been two weeks since the ofSteve's updated the blog. If we don't see Sarah's wedding announcement next week I'm going to assume the blog is dead.

Very odd indeed. I have also noticed that Sarah very rarely posts these days. What's cooking?

• Upvote 5

The Maxwells are BIG on being self-taught. I remember someone commented on the blog about having bought some photography books and was thinking of taking some classes. Steve advised them to forgo the classes and just use the books. 

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Very odd indeed. I have also noticed that Sarah very rarely posts these days. What's cooking?

Please FSM, let it be that  she's been busy assembling her trousseau.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

43 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

To answer your question, probably absolutely nothing. This has been discussed at length on the main Maxwell post. For one thing, Sarah had concussion issues that kept her off screens for some time, so speculation is either that that's still an issue, or that she realized there wasn't really anything to say during the time she wasn't blogging and she's hanging it up. They're no longer touring, the grandbaby train is slowing - with the exception of Chelsy, who blogs herself so their followers aren't reliant on the Maxblog for updates - and everyone is probably tired of seeing them polish cupboards and vacuum stuff. (There's also some ISB-riding over on the main Maxwell post having to do with somebody supposedly finding FB profiles for Anna and Mary that would indicate they're in college, but there's been no solid proof on that. I'll believe they're in college when the fathership posts it on the blog.)

I'd love to see a Sarah wedding announcement (providing it's a good match that will bring her happiness and a better life than she has with Steve) but that's another thing I'll only believe when I see it on the blog.

• Upvote 8

On 9/2/2021 at 4:58 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Steve and Terri are passed average retirement age and I expect them to slow down a bit more every year.  Climbing the mountains may be something they've given up. The last time they went they turned around on at least peak about 3/4 of the way up.  Packing up and driving that far to hike has probably lost its glow.  My kids no longer expect me to tramp around with them on their vacations.   

Lucky you. I'm older than Steve and Teri and my husband is even older. They cut him a little slack on account of his current coordination issues but that just means taking him on easier trails. For me, they'll adjust their pace to mine but that's it. But they absolutely don't invite us on their real adventures.

• Upvote 5

I can't really hold what Anna said in that college post against her. She was 18 and pompous. A lot of people are pompous at 18 and it's especially prevelant among fundies, fundie-lites, conservative Christian types. If Steve and Teri are as controlling and manipulative as we believe, no wonder she was puffed up on her own ignorance.

Something must be up with the Maxwells, it's not like them to go two weeks without posting.

• Upvote 5

What makes me mad is how the Maxwells are so anti college when the fact that Steve (and Teri!) went to college has been a huge benefit to their family. The money from Steve's engineering job allowed them to start their ministry. Being secure financially allowed them to help their children begin businesses, buy debt free homes, and continue to provide for their families. Without coming from a stable financial background the Maxwell sons wouldn't have been able to live at home with mom and dad with absolutely no expenses for so long. This allowed them the freedom to start businesses without having to worry about bringing in money right away. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I can't really hold what Anna said in that college post against her. She was 18 and pompous. A lot of people are pompous at 18 and it's especially prevelant among fundies, fundie-lites, conservative Christian types. If Steve and Teri are as controlling and manipulative as we believe, no wonder she was puffed up on her own ignorance.

Something must be up with the Maxwells, it's not like them to go two weeks without posting.

So true. And fundie homeschoolers are often the absolute worst. We had a family in our church growing up that acted SO superior to everybody else and was ready (using the skills honed in their homeschool speech/debate league) to argue and cut you to ribbons at the drop of a hat. I remember that after blogging (aka spewing your personal beliefs and why anyone who didn't agree was a worthless loser) came into popularity among fundie maidens, I realized it was a good thing this family in particular had grown up before the digital era, or they'd have been the worst blog soapbox preachers of all.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

You’d think the Maxwells would do a post now that Madeline is home.

Axton and Elliot look so alike!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Please FSM, let it be that  she's been busy assembling her trousseau.

Or maybe she just got an apartment. I would be equally happy for her if she moved out. Women shouldn't have to get married. I know that the Maxwells expect their daughters to live at home until marriage, but anything is possible and they've kind of given up on her getting married. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Something reminded me of this song, and I imagined Steve and Teri singing to their daughters:

We own a bungalow, big enough for five,
Big enough for five, my captives, big enough for five.
You’ll never marry, you will be glum,
Under your Dad’s thumb, underneath Steve Maxwell’s thumb.

We’re out of D-E-B-T debt so don’t you F-R-E-T fret,
And we’ll P-R-A-Y pray here all the T-I-M-E time.
Wear a V-E-S-T vest ‘cause that’s the B-E-S-T best,
With guilt we’re R-I-F-E rife, don’t crave an L-I-F-E life,
I will T-E-L-L tell you about H-E-L-L hell.
We’ll make P-L-A-N-S plans to dust the F-A-N-S fans,

Edited by thoughtful
punctuation
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

If the college post is a fake, they should have posted a Sarah wedding fake, that would have been more exciting. 😂

But nobody would believe a Sarah wedding fake. They might believe that someone found FB profiles for the younger sisters, and they might even believe that they'd enrolled in college (because of course the fathership isn't going to walk that back on the blog.)

• Upvote 4

!thoughtful,  I was wondering where I'd heard "We'll Build a Bungalow" before  and found out that I'd heard it on I Love Lucy.  I don't know if it was there before, but now, at least, it's on your post after you play the Diahann Carroll rendition.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, fish_ca said:

My guess is that she has a boyfriend.  

Edited by theologygeek
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

Nobody is courting, got married, is going to college, etc, in Maxhell. I know this as soon as I open FJ and am able to access the site easily. Because we we have said for years, if anything actually happened with the kidults, that we had actual proof of, FJ would crash from overuse.

They’re still stuck. Steve still sucks. Round and round and round we go.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I was able to somewhat confirm the information @FormerFundy shared. I cannot access the FB page because it is private but the commenters on the Anna page are all fundies, some are connected to the Maxwell's new church and  most of them live in or around Leavenworth. FormerFundy does live nearby and seems to be connected as she claims. Since the Anna page is private, there is no way to be 100 percent certain but if this is fake, it is a complicated fake or the product of someone with incredible photoshop skills.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 19

• Coconut Flan locked this topic