IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

On 8/27/2021 at 8:20 AM, fundiefan said:

They sacrifice the individual identities of their children on the altar of their own emotional needs,

Emotionally needy parents manipulate their grown children into remaining loyal to the unit. Thirty-year-old daughters sit at home acting as surrogate mothers, watching their prospects to ever be a mother dwindle.

Wow. I never thought there would be a time I agreed with Michael Pearl on anything.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I wouldn't say that recipe is time consuming

That is exactly what I thought I don't know what I thought when it was first posted but this time around, I was like...in what universe is seven layer salad so time consuming you shouldn't make it if you have little kids? And they only make six layers.  

OK, my question in my head should have been in what universe outside Maxhell. Clearly Teri needs a rest between cutting lettuce & chopping onions? Boiling eggs & cooking up bacon? 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Time consuming? Why does anything they say still surprise me? After all, they need at least half a day to clean out the refrigerator. No wonder they consider scheduling family photos an onerous exercise. And yet they go on and on about using the time wisely: how they do and no one else does. 

Do they truly have no idea how hard the rest of the world works?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Did anyone every play the SIMS? Where going to get the mail seemed to use up 2 hours of the clock. That is sometimes how I think the Maxwell world works....

Although in all seriousness, I do feel that the Maxwell's take so long to do things because they do everything so thoroughly. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

On 8/31/2021 at 12:54 AM, sleepygirl1 said:

They could  Always cover the topic of how to cut lettuce with a pizza slicer.

They also promised a series about "gaining income-producing skills":
https://blog.titus2.com/2021/03/17/how-i-started-in-bookkeeping-part-1/

Part 2 has been missing for 6 months now. Which is a pity because their readers seemed to be interested in the topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

They didn’t go last year, and for a few years there they did the cagey back and forth before it would miraculously work out because dad is amazing. I think things ARE changing in Maxhell and they are negotiating new territory. Back in the day, Nathan and fam, and then briefly Chris and Anna and Josh went on the annual vacation too. None of the reversals did, I don’t think, and the immediate family is now just the parents and the girls. Sarah’s had ongoing injuries that would likely effect her mountain climbing too. 

I do hope everyone’s okay (Gigi, Anna Marie. Madeline seems to be doing well). 

• Upvote 11

On 8/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, Cults-r-us said:

a custardy affair, flakey crust, filled with cream, butter and onions.

That sounds delicious.  I must find a recipe.

• Upvote 1

Steve and Terri are passed average retirement age and I expect them to slow down a bit more every year.  Climbing the mountains may be something they've given up. The last time they went they turned around on at least peak about 3/4 of the way up.  Packing up and driving that far to hike has probably lost its glow.  My kids no longer expect me to tramp around with them on their vacations.   

• Upvote 8

The last few years they haven't announced they were going ahead of time. This is something I actually agree with- it is not a good idea to announce to the entire internet that your house will be empty. 

• Upvote 8

They might not have gone this year because they felt they couldn't, because of Madeline. Also, Steve looks a lot worse than he did last year. Last year he had a lot more color. Now he's got a very frail look about him. The Maxwells did clear their Colorado Springs/Bueno Vista vacation with their doctor last year. I hope Steve and Teri have a plan for their unmarried daughters. 

• Upvote 2

Also, I think Sarah mentioned she had been experiencing altitude sickness on the last few visits and she sat out the climbs.  Maybe they've given them up?

• Upvote 2

Steve & Teri both admitted they couldn't climb as they used to - they had to turn around the last time they went to Colorado, just the two of them. And had to pick & choose what to climb the last time they took their unmarried spawn with them. With Sarah having altitude sickness, that leaves Mary & Anna to climb 14ers - but they can't do that stuff alone. Since there is no longer a penis bearing sibling to go with, the girls are certainly not going to climb hills. 

I doubt they'll ever travel anywhere else for what some might call a vacation, but I doubt it will ever be a whole family thing again. It just doesn't work. It's been two years since they last went - the last time there was a grown man sibling in the house. 

I doubt they even considered it this year. I also doubt they'd change their plans for Madeline's birth if they had. Of course that is my opinion/impression. I am not telling anyone who thinks otherwise they are wrong; I just don't see Madeline's birth as a reason they would or wouldn't do anything, from what some might call a vacation to blogging.

I just see it as them finally getting bored with themselves. They got nothing to say and with only measly daughters at home, no singles ads are needed to show the fundie maidens what manly men their sons are. Covid is still a factor in life & the world. Steve & Teri are not spring chickens. Sarah has health issues. The girls are busy taking care of everyone's kids, from their brother's spawn to the neighborhood kids in their "bible" group. 

• Upvote 6

They can still go to Colorado, just don't do the 14ers.  I'm sure there are lower elevation mountains they can do.  They could also do things like kayaking, canoeing if they want to get their exercise kick in.

• I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

They can still go to Colorado, just don't do the 14ers.  I'm sure there are lower elevation mountains they can do.  They could also do things like kayaking, canoeing if they want to get their exercise kick in.

But…that would require a change, adaptation, curiosity and planning.I’m not sure that’s in the cards-

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

They could also do things like kayaking, canoeing if they want to get their exercise kick in.

Can you really see Steve kayaking?  I can't.  

I'm not sure Steve is able to see beyond we go to Colorado to do mountains, we can't do mountains, therefore we don't need to go to Colorado.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

They actually have done those things before, in addition to hiking. I think they like to brag about the altitude a bit because it was difficult and they know it's somewhat impressive to some people. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing "family reunions" instead of "vacations." 

• Upvote 1

Steve and Teri don't read simply for pleasure but if they did they could do my favourite vacation: a reading vacation. I pick a nice area. Walk around a bit till I find a nice spot to sit and chill and then I read. I try and select a book that relates to the area I've chosen to visit but it is not necessary. I make sure I'm near a place to get snacks and beverages. It is a lovely way to spend a relaxing vacation and it is very retiree friendly. Too bad Steve and Teri can't read for fun.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic