IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I need to put in a plug here for scarlet runner beans, aka ayocotes. Just plant them and water them, sit back and watch the hummingbirds go nuts over the flowers, and in the fall harvest the leathery pods and shell them for the best dried beans ever. They are large and striking--black with pink marbling and they cook up creamy inside while still holding their shape.

Some people like to eat them as green beans but I'm not a fan; the flavor is fine but the texture of the pod is scratchy and IMO there are better beans to eat fresh.

Memories from my childhood.  My grandmother and my mother both grew those every year.

• Upvote 5

I don't like beans, the devils fruit in particular are broad and butter beans. Yes I would choose to starve lol

I do use a lot of beans in my cooking as as veggie bordering on vegan its such an easy source of protein for us. 

A tip for doing dried beans in the instapot, to stop them bursting the skins, let it loose the pressure slowly, if you do a quick release thats what bursts them

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That's what I want to know. The fact that they ignore some comments isn't new; they are very particular about who they associate with, even out of the comments they allow on the blog. they're do it regularly; respond to some while very clearly ignoring others. 

But, I really want to know what Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!'s good news is. I looked up her blog & nothing has been posted since November.

She's on Facebook but it's friends-only and I'd feel stalkerish sending her a friend request.

• Upvote 3

On 8/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, kpmom said:

Does anyone know what Rebecca K's good news is (Teri mentioned)?

Came here to ask the same thing!  I looked at her FB and LinkedIn, it looks like she's really into acting and writing lately, but no new "news" to be found.

• Upvote 6

I always thought that Rebecca K wanted to be a Maxwell. Steve would never approve of her being a daughter in law. But I can’t help but think she was jealous when Chelsy married John. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s a bit much to map jealousy onto Rebecca. She’s a huge fan of the Maxwells in every sense of the word. She reads Sarah’s books as an adult, or at least she did. Used to comment on every blog post. She has a very simplistic view of the world and is really into Disney and fantasy. She’s also a big fan of other fundie royalty. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think a lot of us thought Rebecca might have had a bit of a crush on the reversal Maxwell brothers when they were younger and unmarried.  And why not?  They're nice looking guys.  But really, I'm glad she didn't end up with any of them, especially if she's into Disney, acting, and things like that.  She probably wouldn't be "allowed" to do any of that.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I always thought Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!!! was/is too good to be a Maxwell.

She's very childlike; part of being a fundie daughter, I assume. She seems naïve & has immature interests. 

But she is also sincere & humane  - too much so for the Maxwells. She seems to wear her heart on her sleeve & isn't ashamed to love, show fear our doubt, ask questions, wonder, want, ask...she is too worldly for the Maxwells at any rate. Her family adopted a relative's (friend's? I don't remember which) child. They are compassionate. 

In a nutshell, Rebecca & her family are leagues above the Maxwells & I am glad the reversals found women to marry that were not Rebecca. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

I know Teri is grandma & Chelsy is mommy, so there are real differences there.

But, Teri's post about Madeline is lacking emotion or giving a shit; it's a weather report. I don't mean Teri doesn't give a shit-I mean she is apparently incapable of expressing that she gives a shit.

Chelsy's posts are definitely mommy driven; Teri's are driven by...who the hell knows what. Steve's master communication teachings, maybe?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Guess this a good place to comment on Simon Peter Maxwell, the name, not the sweet little fella. 

I know double first names are a thing. Thinking of young Charles Grantham Hannah at Remnsnt Fellowship in TN

But “It’s A Southern Thing” has a sketch on the perils of two names.  Of course, most of the bits have to do schools and teachers, so that’s not something Simon Peter will ever experience.  

Here’s the home page.

It’s a Southern Thing

Fun watching.

Excuse me: f*n watching!!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Guess this a good place to comment on Simon Peter Maxwell, the name, not the sweet little fella. 

I know double first names are a thing. Thinking of young Charles Grantham Hannah at Remnsnt Fellowship in TN

But “It’s A Southern Thing” has a sketch on the perils of two names.  Of course, most of the bits have to do schools and teachers, so that’s not something Simon Peter will ever experience.  

Here’s the home page.

It’s a Southern Thing

Fun watching.

Excuse me: f*n watching!!

I haven't gotten to the double name thing yet, I had to stop and read the '14 dishes' article. Much to my dismay, I have some of just about every single example in the article, from the mother in law china to the Pyrex (of course! LOL) to the Tupperware/Corningware/red transferware/McCoy/Butterfly Gold etcetcetc... Only thing I don't have is a Mason jar drinking glass. Yet. I'll pick a couple up next time I'm at the thrift store. 😏

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I actually still have a couple of Corelle plates in that green floral pattern.

• Upvote 5

Teri's birthday and their wedding anniversary is today.  Post is nauseating as hell.  Teri is Steve's delight, best friend, and help meet.  Barf. 🤮

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Teri's birthday and their wedding anniversary is today.  Post is nauseating as hell.  Teri is Steve's delight, best friend, and help meet.  Barf. 🤮

Not even nauseating as in sappy sweet. It's just plain nauseating. They have no ability to see a person as an individual human being. Even their god weeps at the twisting & distorting of life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

But she lets God *USE* her, guys! That’s the only thing she’s good for.

• Upvote 6

I think I’m getting soft because I actually thought this was one of the nicest posts he’s written re: Terri. *I* wouldn’t like to be described in such terms but these are fundies who long only to hear “well done my trusty servant” on their death day. And calling her his delight I thought was sweet. She has that I’m sure insane book about loving your husband which is called My Husband, My Delight, so it was sort of an homage to her work?

I don’t know. I’ve seen a lot worse. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I hope he actually tells her these things, and not only at birthdays and other days of celebration. To see this sort of thing written for anyone to see, but not to hear it the rest of the time, can be incredibly damaging.

Don't ask me how I know. 😒

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

Did they get married on her birthday so there would only be one date for him to remember, one gift to buy, and one celebration?

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I feel like it's more about what she does for him, than about her as a person. 

Absolutely. That's all any of their birthday posts are. What the birthday boy/girl DOES for other people. Not who they are as a human being. Just how they "invest" in others. 

Pretty much how the birthday Maxwell makes Steve look. 

• Upvote 10

This is totally random, but I really wish they'd update their pictures in the About section. They are years out of date, and I know they've taken enough pictures, both group shots and individual, in the mean time. Several kids have been born since some of those pictures were taken. How hard is it to pic some new pics? How has it not been put on the schedule? 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic