IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

They'll post something for the next round of birthdays.  I know Anna's is on Halloween, are there any in September??  There are a bunch in January.

<Redacted Quote from Hidden Post With Private Information.>

WOW. this is pretty big news right? Sounds like she might be living away from home even. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Redacted image from private social media account
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Wouldn’t this be wonderful for those women?

Now my bitch. It makes me angry that we need to be excited for Jana Duggar, 31, who has been photographed wearing pants, and now the news that these 2, 20 something YOs might be attending higher education. These are things that almost all neurotypical Americans of some means would just consider a given, if the parties involved wished. 

Now, I wonder if this is actually true.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

I feel like the earth just tilted a little on its axis.😲 Talk about a seismic shift in Stevehovah's belief system if this is true!

Please, God, let it be true! 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

If it's true, I am happy for them. But what's going to happen to Sarah? She'll be all alone.

I’m betting she’ll be her mother’s keeper (or father’s but I tend to lean toward the former). Personally, I think Sarah has some of her mother’s tendencies and is living the life she wants, with a dog and car etc.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Wow! I hope this is true. I realize that they are probably attending some sort of religious college but still!

I hope Sarah is happy doing her own thing. I work part time and spend the rest of my day puttering around with my pets and I love it so hopefully Sarah is the same.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, OhNoNike said:

… a user who just joined Wednesday and this is their first post?

I looked for Anna's FB and nothing 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I looked for Anna's FB and nothing 

I just went and found nothing as well. I think we should regard this with suspicion until further evidence. 

I want to believe, but it sounds a little too good to be true.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

… a user who just joined Wednesday and this is their first post?

If this is all true, then ten bucks says Former Fundy is in the Maxwell circle and wants to expose them.  Because what are the chances that someone just signs up at fj, knows that the Maxwells haven't posted, and knows Anna's friends?  I don't buy the "she was on the people you may know list."  I've even used that alibi when I was looking at the manager of Walgreen's facebook.  lol  Don't ask, it's a long story LOL  

• Upvote 6

On 9/3/2021 at 11:34 AM, FormerFundy said:

<Redacted Information from Private Social Media Account>

Hey- I am a moderator. Can you PM me about this post? If it is from a private FB page, I will need to remove it.

Edited by hoipolloi
Redacted image from private social media account
  • Upvote 9

It IS possible to make yourself unsearchable on FB, so the fact that nobody can find an Anna Maxwell with that profile pic doesn't necessarily guarantee it's a fake. The problem is, the Maxes gave their children such painfully common names - you search "Mary Maxwell" or "John Maxwell" and scads of people come up. Melanie is a little less common but her FB (which I did find) is super, super locked down. SwiftOtter has a FB page and Joe seems to post very regularly on it, and if Anna and/or Mary do have FB, I find it highly suspicious that they haven't yet liked or commented on anything their brother has posted, given that "Annie" is or was an employee there!

(Fun side note though - as I was looking at the people who liked various things on SwiftOtter I saw a name which claimed I had one mutual friend...and discovered the mutual friend is a relative of mine who is in NYC living a lifestyle of which the Maxwells would wholeheartedly disapprove. It's obvious that SwiftOtter isn't an insular company only doing business with homeschooling fundies!)

• Upvote 10

Wasn't it Anna who wrote the long (dictated by daddy) scree about why she won't go to college? 

I know things change, especially ten years later & you're still in daddy's house with no prospects, no husband, no nothing, but it's a very unMaxwellian thing to do. Change a long standing position. That wasn't Anna's position when she wrote about it, it was the position her parents told her she had - and she is kid #6 to have graduated their homeschool shit show & be told that opinion.

Is it having three adult daughters at home that made them change their mind? One of the three almost 40 & ready to be put out to pasture? (I don't believe that, but she is past prime breeding time & still has no prospects). Is it that "the girls" went off to college together? Oh, what fun for a 28 year old (almost 29) and a 25 year old to do college together! Since Anna & Mary are bound at the hip, of course they go off to college together. 

IF they went off to college. Until there is Maxwell confirmation I won't believe any of it. It is too unlike them and goes against everything they've spent their lives preaching/making money from. 

I know Jesse & Anna got an apartment & two sons moved out of the compound neighborhood. That's huge change for the Maxwell clan. But, Jesse & Joseph are boys; "wage earners". Boys have fewer rules as they have to support their families and all. 

If it's true, Sarah is f*cking screwed. She will forever be her parents' keeper, doing so as they dictate. No education, ho husband, no kids, no home of her own, no grandkids...just Sarah & her aging parents. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

While I'm definitely maintaining some skepticism, I wonder if Steve has had an Erika Shupe-style breakdown. While he has  his extensive issues, he does seem to understand that people need marketable skills in order to earn money. I wonder... is he worried about his daughters being able to support themselves after he dies?

I'm most shocked by the implication that they are physically attending college. I could definitely believe that Steve let them do an online degree - that's relatively "safe" from temptation and negative influences. But to physically attend classes with other people? Ol' Stevehova might be really loosening up! 

Edited by defraudingjezebel
typo
  • Upvote 8

The idea of the Anna and Mary all of a sudden going to college together strains credulity and sounds like fan fiction. To be continued, I suppose. Note: aside from the ongoing pizza cutter tip issue, we never received part two responding to “the nay sayers.” 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

The idea of the Anna and Mary all of a sudden going to college together strains credulity and sounds like fan fiction. To be continued, I suppose. Note: aside from the ongoing pizza cutter tip issue, we never received part two responding to “the nay sayers.” 

That's it! I was trying to come up with a description and this is exactly where I was going but hit a roadblock.

Fan fiction.

What would they study in college? Would they study the same course or different ones? How would they choose? How did they choose the college both are going to? Are they rooming together? Did they pass the same entrance exams? Approach their parents together, after bible time to ask permission - making sure to account for every second of time & every possible scenario? 

There is a lot that could be done with such a story. And, at this point, I see it just that, a story.

Of course they *could* prove me entirely wrong - anything is possible, I guess. But, it just sounds too "oh my god we're breaking FJ because "the girls" went off to college". 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

What would they study in college? Would they study the same course or different ones? How would they choose? How did they choose the college both are going to? Are they rooming together? Did they pass the same entrance exams? Approach their parents together, after bible time to ask permission - making sure to account for every second of time & every possible scenario? 

I added the bolding above. I would guess that if they did go to college, the only "appropriate" courses they could take would be elementary education or nursing, or maybe a "missionary wife" program at a hyper-fundie university like Hyles-Anderson, and I hesitate on nursing for this reason: their homeschool education. I had a friend who grew up drinking the fundie homeschool kool-aid and thought everything was great until she decided she actually wanted to go to college to study nursing and suddenly she realized her parents' brand of SOTDRT education had left her lacking prerequisites and she had to put in years of work in community college playing catch-up to be able to get into a nursing program at all. The Maxwells homeschool through high school with busywork workbooks and "outline the Bible," no higher math or science and certainly no literature ("they don't read, they write!") which would put them at a distinct disadvantage in most fields of study. They'd struggle even in the general-survey science and math classes required for an early education major and I doubt they could ever grasp organic chemistry or calculus with the foundation they've got.

They might not be allowed to live in a dorm; I attended a Christian college and I believe if you were over a certain age (and I honestly think the cutoff was mid-20s) you were not allowed to live in the dorms. I don't know how widely that practice is followed but it does make sense as a woman approaching 30 would, in most cases, have had a whole lot different life experiences that might make it weird for her to live with 18-year-olds who are leaving home for the first time. (The Maxgirls, of course, have much more in common with the 18-year-olds, but I don't think any college admissions office is going to see it that way.)

Like @fundiefan said, I won't believe it 'til I hear it from them.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Bethy said:

It IS possible to make yourself unsearchable on FB, so the fact that nobody can find an Anna Maxwell with that profile pic doesn't necessarily guarantee it's a fake. The problem is, the Maxes gave their children such painfully common names - you search "Mary Maxwell" or "John Maxwell" and scads of people come up. Melanie is a little less common but her FB (which I did find) is super, super locked down. SwiftOtter has a FB page and Joe seems to post very regularly on it, and if Anna and/or Mary do have FB, I find it highly suspicious that they haven't yet liked or commented on anything their brother has posted, given that "Annie" is or was an employee there!

(Fun side note though - as I was looking at the people who liked various things on SwiftOtter I saw a name which claimed I had one mutual friend...and discovered the mutual friend is a relative of mine who is in NYC living a lifestyle of which the Maxwells would wholeheartedly disapprove. It's obvious that SwiftOtter isn't an insular company only doing business with homeschooling fundies!)

BUT if it is unsearchable and private it cannot be posted here. The OP can show me the evidence privately and I can verify it, but I cannot let this post stay up much longer without verification that is it not a rule violation. Curious has been sick and I helping her with official verifications right now.

Honestly, the only reason I have let it stay up this long is I am DYING to know the truth here. The Maxwells were my gateway to FJ and therefore, I feel some special interest!

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic