IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

Do we know any other Fundies who go there? I mean, obviously everyone who goes there is very Fundie- but anyone we follow/know are good friends with the Maxwells? 

I really wonder how/if this will ever be addressed on the blog. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, jlbturtle said:

https://m.facebook.com/appalachianbible/

look at the pictures for the college Facebook page specific to the first day of classes 

OMG.

Direct link to the photo in question: https://www.facebook.com/appalachianbible/photos/pcb.10165649515735361/10165649480170361/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

OMG

So is this Sarah bought a car, sort of to placate her since she's not going to college? maybe she didn't want to?

Is this why the blog has been so quiet?

Why have they gone so far away from the mothership since there are bible colleges in Kansas?

Did they ever go to Colorado this year? LOL

What could they be studying?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Steve must seriously be ill. To allow someone else to teach his spawn about the bible, its meaning & uses? They won't be reading the bible on his schedule & interpreting it as he tells them. They will be learning not only from others, but some are peers. 

They will interact with boys. They will have  conversations outside his control. They will be under someone else's authority- the Dean, teachers, etc. 

I wonder what all the kids deprived of education I outside the home think. Do they feel cheated? What does Sarah think as she approaches 40 having spent her youth in her parents dog & pony show & writing books for them? 

The questions just keep coming. Did Steve have a stroke to upend everything he made the other 6 kids do in life? 

And I really hope this colloge thing, even bible college, loosens the glue & Anna & Mary become individuals and not just `the girls`

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

It’s like the earth has shifted on its axis. I am…it’s just that…I don’t kn….

OH MY GEYAWD!!

First - kudos to Anna and Mary for having the courage to do this. With their sheltered life, this is a huge step. 

Second - maybe Sarah got to move out too.

Third - OH MY GEYAWD. 

Seriously, oh my god!!!

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

A pig just flew by my window. 😱

So are they gonna keep this a secret? Retcon the entire blog? Maybe that’s why things have been so quiet. Sarah’s busy scrubbing and this time it’s not the cabinets.

Care-Frontations

Occasionally, the intense atmosphere of college presents opportunities for counsel as character issues come to the surface. If you violate a standard, the student deans or resident assistants will call your attention to the character issue, as well as the reason and the scriptural basis for developing the applicable character quality. These talks are called "care-frontations" and are approached with compassion.

It is not the goal to point out every flaw in a student's life. Everyone is in the growing process. Not all standards in the Servant's Staff are based on the Bible; some are necessary due to the college setting. Nor are the College's standards equated with God's standards. It is exciting, however, to see growth in young men and women when they are shown from God's Word why He wants them to change an area in their life. Sometimes the transformation is dramatic and life-altering. The hope is that you will leave ABC as an experienced, trained servant ready to be used by God.

Oh boy, just like those weekly character building meetings with Daddy!

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic