IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

On 9/4/2021 at 5:52 PM, fundiefan said:

One of my favorite lines from that post. 

It seems that it would be a waste of the Lord’s finances for me to go to college when I have no need for a college degree. 

*snort* 

The LORD has money, y'all. And he apparently would share it with Anna to go to college, but Anna thinks it would be a waste so she won't ask him for it. 

This is both hilarious and super sad at the same time. What a mind fuck these poor Maxhell women (I’m referring to the daughters here, not to Teri) have to endure. 

On 9/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Well Steve DOES think he's God :pb_lol:

Wait… are you saying he isn’t? 😱 /s 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3

If that facebook page is true, my guess is that Steve is finally realizing that he might not be immortal, and is having to face the fact that he failed his girls, and that the money he is leaving them won't support them forever.  He's finally decided they might actually need to support themselves.  My guess is that they will be studying child development or education.  Though it's interesting that they are not using an online university to further their education.

• Upvote 14

If Anna and Mary are in college, I am actually feeling kind of sorry for them. Their homeschooling aside, they are woefully unprepared for the social aspect of college life - for any life outside of the compound. Even at a Christian college, they will likely standout as quite awkward. 

I hope they come across lots of kindhearted people who will be patient with them and develop friendships - in other words, people unlike their family who are unaccepting of nearly everybody. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

This is great news. Hopefully college works out for both of them and they are to get a lot out of it. If they're going to college, I bet it's in the area.

Maybe part of the point is to try to get a Mrs. Degree. Either way good for them. 

I hope Steve and Teri aren't calling every 5 minutes.

I can understand maybe Steve and Teri want to give Anna and Mary time to settle in, but I hope they will tell us eventually.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I hope they come across lots of kindhearted people who will be patient with them and develop friendships - in other words, people unlike their family who are unaccepting of nearly everybody. 

And, if they are at college, I hope they are not hardened too much by their upbringing to learn and open themselves up, academically, socially, and maybe even philosophically

Like we suspect happened with Tim Rodrigues, they could end up being their own worst enemies due to the close-mindedness they've been taught.

I want to be wrong.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

And, if they are at college, I hope they are not hardened too much by their upbringing to learn and open themselves up, academically, socially, and maybe even philosophically

Like we suspect happened with Tim Rodrigues, they could end up being their own worst enemies due to the close-mindedness they've been taught.

I want to be wrong.

Not just Tim, Sarah Shear? I'm not sure of her last name.  She's a friend of the Mortons.
I'm sending good vibes to Anna and Mary in college.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Maybe part of the point is to try to get a Mrs. Degree. Either way good for them. 

I fully believe that husband-catching is the main goal of this. As discussed, the Maxwells are big on self-study, and there are lots of online programs (including from conservative places like Liberty U) that they could utilize if the goal is solely credentials. There are also several secular colleges within commuting distance of Leavenworth that they could attend as commuter students if a degree is their core objective. The only reason I can imagine Steve consenting to letting the girls move out to attend school is if there is a huge benefit to being on campus full time, a benefit big enough to outweigh the control he loses by having them outside the fathership. We know he’s not trying to foster their independence, so I can only assume the big benefit of being on campus is the people, aka eligible GYM people. Still, the idea of the girls getting to meet and choose a GYM without Steve’s orchestration or supervision is huge shift that is hard to believe possible. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

My first thought, if this college thing is true, was also that it was more to open up their social horizons in the hopes they might attracted a GYM. But it seems a bit odd to me that they’d be living on campus, considering they’ve pretty much aged out of the typical college crowd. Anna’s pushing 30 and Mary’s 25 so who are they likely to meet in their respective age brackets? I could see them attending a commuter college, where students often have have a greater range of age and experience, but they’d be a couple of fish out of water on your typical residential college campus.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I suspect if they are not living at the compound they are staying in the city with one of the brothers' families.  Likely Joe as he has a large home and a young kids that the 'girls' could help care for.  The "exploring the area" comment would still apply and they will be close enough to come home whenever summoned.

Personally, I am much more interested in what Sarah is up to.  If things have changed so much that the girls are attending college I have to think that something big may be happening in Sarah's world, as well.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I suspect if they are not living at the compound they are staying in the city with one of the brothers' families.  Likely Joe as he has a large home and a young kids that the 'girls' could help care for.  The "exploring the area" comment would still apply and they will be close enough to come home whenever summoned.

Personally, I am much more interested in what Sarah is up to.  If things have changed so much that the girls are attending college I have to think that something big may be happening in Sarah's world, as well.

Like having a bedroom to herself? Not reading to her sisters at night? Only doing her own laundry? Not taking pictures of all the things "the girls" do? She does have her own car now, maybe she's gone to Costco by herself? Or Target? Or....oh, a library! With real books? All the while taking care of her aging parents. 

Sarah is going to rattle around in that big house all by herself when her parents meet their maker. "The girls" will either have jobs of some sort or be permanent sister-mom's with their brother's families. 

• Upvote 6

Holy shit snacks this is nuts! I wonder if there will be any sort of acknowledgement on the blog at all. I doubt it, but I'd love to see them to a post about re-evaluating or something like that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Like having a bedroom to herself? Not reading to her sisters at night? Only doing her own laundry? Not taking pictures of all the things "the girls" do? She does have her own car now, maybe she's gone to Costco by herself? Or Target? Or....oh, a library! With real books? All the while taking care of her aging parents. 

Sarah is going to rattle around in that big house all by herself when her parents meet their maker. "The girls" will either have jobs of some sort or be permanent sister-mom's with their brother's families. 

Sarah can always sell the house if she's the only one left at home. She could sell it to a brother who needs a bigger house for his quiver or she can sell it to other people.  She may be able to marry late in life and have step kids live with her. Offer to let her nieces and nephews stay with her. Adopt a child or two like Marilla Cuthbert (Anne of Green Gables). 

She has options.

• Upvote 6

Well I am gobsmacked. And here for it! If true, Steve may opt to shut down the blog as opposed to addressing this sea change… can you imagine the scrubbing he’d feel led to do?

Edited by fundiewatch
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I’ve confirmed they are in college via photos in the colleges public Facebook page.  Both girls appear 

Appears as if they’ve been online students and deans list at that.  Now are in person 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 15

3 minutes ago, jlbturtle said:

I’ve confirmed they are in college via photos in the colleges public Facebook page.  Both girls appear 

Appears as if they’ve been online students and deans list at that.  Now are in person 

if the college's facebook pages are public, can you share the link? pretty please?  or at least give the name of the college?

• Upvote 6

Not sure if I can post it or not.  It is a public Facebook page.  If a mod tells me it’s ok I will.  All I will say is it’s a Bible College in West Virginia.  If you Google you can figure it out.  

Edited by jlbturtle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Not sure if I can post it or not.  It is a public Facebook page.  If a mod tells me it’s ok I will.  All I will say is it’s a Bible College in West Virginia.  If you Google you can figure it out.  

If the page is public you can post it. If you’re not sure how to tell PM the link to me or another HM and we can check for you.
  • Upvote 3

I see it but I still do not believe it. 

How the hell did they get out of the house? To live away from Steve, and their brothers? Who is babysitting all their nieces & nephews? What college takes in a 25 & almost 29 year old into dorms? I know they have the maturity of 18 year olds, but they're not. 

This is all too much. I have a case of the vapors.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

Holy shit y’all. HOLEEEEEEY MOTHERFORKING SHIRTBALLS!

That’s all I can think of to say about this.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 20
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I suspect if they are not living at the compound they are staying in the city with one of the brothers' families.  Likely Joe as he has a large home and a young kids that the 'girls' could help care for. 

Jesse and Anna3 also bought a home not long ago. And as long as we're on the ISB Express, if my theory, that Jesse or Anna3 was going to college, was correct that could have been the catalyst for allowing Anna and Mary to pursue an actual education. It's going to be rough, though. They are more intelligent and better educated than the RodSprog, but still not prepared for college-level work.

Never mind. No living with the brothers. And almost certainly prepared academically for Bible College. I had hoped they were actually going for useful degrees, not the MRS.

ETA: although now that I look at ABC's web page they do have degrees in Elementary Education and Nursing as well as theology and missionary studies.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic