IGNORED

Voddie Baucham takes a turn driving the Wambulance of Christian Persecution

hoipolloi

5 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Not that I'm aware of - doesn't look like it on Amazon.  It looks like it's just used versions still available.  And she also addressed Joyfully at Home: https://jasminelholmes.com/regrets-of-staying-home/

Yes, as I saw that piece on the previous page -- hence my question at the top of this one (as to whether that book was still in print). And I agree, the sins of the parents aren't to be visited on the children, and she has no need to address anyone's faults but her own.

5 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Not that I'm aware of - doesn't look like it on Amazon.  It looks like it's just used versions still available.  And she also addressed Joyfully at Home: https://jasminelholmes.com/regrets-of-staying-home/

Yes, as I saw that piece on the previous page -- hence my question at the top of this one (as to whether that book was still in print). And I agree, the sins of the parents aren't to be visited on the children, and she has no need to address anyone's faults but her own.

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posted on the Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes thread: 

This just popped up on Facebook, courtesy of the Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow, ID fb page: 

Voddie Baucham’s friend Stephen Bratton (who took over pastoring at Baucham’s former church in Houston, TX and occasionally ran Baucham’s social media) has been arrested and sentenced to a 17 year prison sentence for child molestation.

Link to article on the Julie Roys website: After Colleagues Turned Him In, Pastor Sentenced to 17 Years for Molesting A Child

Commentary on the fb page: 

I was extremely gratified to read that this pastor was *immediately* turned in to civil authorities by his church colleagues, and is now serving a prison sentence.

This is how predatory child sexual abuse should be handled. No covering up, no second chances, no warning the perpetrator that he’ll really be in trouble if he does it again. No. Act now, and let the civil authorities, who have been instituted by God for our protection, handle it.

The facebook pages goes on to note:  

Voddie Baucham will be speaking next month at the Fight-Laugh-Feast conference that Doug Wilson is pushing on his blog (Blog & Mablog). Remember that Fight-Laugh-Feast is run by Wilson’s associate pastor in Moscow, Idaho— Toby Sumpter.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 7

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Voddie Baucham’s friend Stephen Bratton (who took over pastoring at Baucham’s former church in Houston, TX and occasionally ran Baucham’s social media) has been arrested and sentenced to a 17 year prison sentence for child molestation.

And even after that, Voddie’s gonna go hang out with the “empathy is a sin!” guys at G3. The ones whose pastor bailed a pedophile out of jail  

Does he not wonder why these close friends of his are out here molesting girls and young women?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

An interesting but perhaps unsurprising statement from Jasmine Holmes on her public IG stories, in response to a question about Doug Wilson & Federal Vision:

AMA on Doug Wilson.jpg

Jasmine's Comment on Doug Wilson.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Love this girl: ...keep in mind I was a middle school teacher for 9 years and am very passionate about teaching people to fish...

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

Hey, look, Voddie found some new predator friends to hang out with. I can’t believe this spineless man ever wrote a book about the importance of fathers protecting their family  

From left to right: Rod D Martin, harasser of SBC sexual assault survivors, recently kicked out of his position in the SBC’s executive committee because of his horrible behavior

Voddie Baucham, grifter of grifts 

Paige Patterson, famously deposed SBC seminary president, mishandled sexual assault cases at his school with a flourish that would make Doug Wilson jealous

Michael O’Fallon, well established Christian Nationalist, member of the “Conservative Baptist Network” trying to re-establish Patterson’s power. 

76A0A18B-BA06-47B4-87CA-236DDD00BDA3.jpeg

• Disgust 5
  • Thank You 5

Voddie Baucham is not stupid so it must be the money & the power. 

So, Voddie's a plagiarist, a child beater, a patriarse, and hangs out with sexual predators -- in other words a True Christian™️.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 1:26 AM, hoipolloi said:

Voddie Baucham is not stupid so it must be the money & the power. 

Whenever I think of these types (Baucham, Wilson and his cronies, DPIAT, Botkins) I always think of that Bible verse about being as shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. They all definitely have the first part mastered, and then they stopped there.  

• Upvote 7

• 3 months later...

Voddie (not Southern Baptist) has found a substitute grifter on which to glom, and has become a “steering council” member of the Conservative Baptist Network, an SBC spin off organization that has a whole lot of issues with:

-waving attorney privilege for the examination into the SBC’s executive committee and sexual abuse allegations

-Paige Patterson, famed protector of sexual predators, being held accountable with his actions

-current SBC president Ed Litton plagiarizing some sermons (no word about Voddie’s latest plagiarized book)

-CRT/Marxism/boogeymen of their making

There also seems to be evidence that CBN has been diverting donations to Patterson’s purse. 

When CBN crashes and burns à la Vision Forum due to unscrupulous leaders it will be interesting to see if Voddie also runs quietly, or if this will finally be what takes him down. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

33 minutes ago, Columbia said:

There also seems to be evidence that CBN has been diverting donations to Patterson’s purse

Ooooh, this is interesting...and corrupt. But then, all indications are that Paige Patterson is corrupt.  

There's a link on their website to the 2021 Annual Report.  I thought that might be a financial report, but no.  It just numbers of attendees at conventions, numbers of new SBN chapters and so forth.  I did see this and laughed..."we also take this time of year-end reflection to glance backward in gratitude at all He has already done. Indeed, God has done a great deal and blessed our efforts beyond what many have imagined..." and saw dollar signs. 

To clarify, the Southern Baptist Network is for those who think the extremely conservative Southern Baptist Convention folks are a bunch of flaming liberals. 

This is somewhat predictable, though, because Southern Baptists in general are extremely schism prone. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Howl said:

all indications are that Paige Patterson is corrupt.  

True -- and that would be the same Paige Patterson who used SWBTS money to install over $1 million worth of stained glass windows in the Ft Worth chapel that featured himself, his wife, and various luminaries of the conservative Baptist fundament firmament.

Grifters gonna grift and hang together, as @Columbia pointed out last fall.

11 hours ago, Columbia said:

When CBN crashes and burns à la Vision Forum due to unscrupulous leaders it will be interesting to see if Voddie also runs quietly, or if this will finally be what takes him down. 

Waiting for this as well because you KNOW it's coming. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Actually surprised that Voddie is up to much of anything; is his gig with the SBN a paying position?  

Last winter he returned to the US and struggled through months of heart failure. By February 2021, a crowdfunding appeal raised over 1 million dollars (yup) to cover the cost of his health care and that was before he had quadruple bypass surgery in April. 

He did go back to Zambia prior to returning  for a January preaching tour in Florida with six more speaking events still on the schedule. 

This was his facebook past from Dec. 13, 2021: 

This year’s tour centers around my course at the Institute of Public Theology @iopt_fl and the @foundersministries Conference

Unfortunately, the new COVID-19 travel bans may be a factor since airlines have pulled out of Zambia (even though we are not on the Omicron ban list). As of now, there is an available route.

I would hate to miss the tour due to an international overreaction to a ‘mild’ variant of a virus that already had a 99% survival rate.

Please pray!

I'll assume he's vaxxed and boosted, but Florida in the midst of plague can't be the best place for a man with a compromised heart. If he gets through this speaking tour without breakthrough covid, I may start believing again. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome.  Everything despicable about the Gospel Coalition, and those men in particular, in one pompous, arrogant, conceited, mean girls tweet.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Awesome.  Everything despicable about the Gospel Coalition, and those men in particular, in one pompous, arrogant, conceited, mean girls tweet.  

I saw that. I’m surprised he didn’t throw CJ Mahaney in there too. TGC has long been dedicated to protecting him at all costs 

• I Agree 5

What also struck me about the TGC's republication and endorsement of Eric-Woods Erickson's commentary is that the immediate vision of heaven for all of them is that there will be no women there. 

• Upvote 8

I just had another thought: why include Doug Wilson and not Mark Driscoll in that list of men o’ God? They are both proud, crude, sex obsessed, and not beholden to any authority. They both were called out for their terrible behavior and then ran and started new churches. And to the best of my knowledge, Driscoll never bailed the church pedophile out of jail. Really, what is the difference?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

I just had another thought: why include Doug Wilson and not Mark Driscoll in that list of men o’ God?

I agree. Even for an off-the-cuff list, it is strange.

Why Russell Moore? Hasn't he repudiated them & the worst of their asshattery? Are they hoping that The Lord will smack Moore upside the head, knock some sense back into him, and he'll return to being a True Christian™️ once again?

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

I agree. Even for an off-the-cuff list, it is strange.

Why Russell Moore? Hasn't he repudiated them & the worst of their asshattery? Are they hoping that The Lord will smack Moore upside the head, knock some sense back into him, and he'll return to being a True Christian™️ once again?

I think the writer was trying to be diplomatic and show them that “see, each side has people they disagree with who will be in heaven!” while also picking the most innocuous people he could find. If he had included Beth Moore, or Beth Allison Barr, or (god forbid) Rachel Held Evans, his readers would have lost their minds. Not that the article would have made it past TGC’s editors. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Columbia said:

I think the writer was trying to be diplomatic and show them that “see, each side has people they disagree with who will be in heaven!”

Exactly. Russell Moore and David French are just as conservative theologically as the others, but they are both firmly anti-Trump. Moore has spoken out about sexual abuse that the SBC doesn't seem to want to do anything about. French has adopted BIPOC kids and cares a lot about racism, so for example he is not reflexively anti-Critical Theory the way a lot of the others on the list are. So they are among the folks who have been cast out of the far-far-right tribe for thoughtfully criticizing their positions and not showing sufficiently "loyalty" by agreeing with their every talking point.

ETA: It wouldn't be a TGC post if the list was not exclusively men, though.

Edited by Antipatriarch
add'l thought
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

Voddie says he's been nominated to be the next SBC president but may be ineligible due being in Lusaka.

Besides, Voddie says, most of the SBC & other evangelical churches are too woke these days for the likes of him:

911258807_HolierthanThouVoddie.thumb.png.7c688be48552710f0257a7e9c60d006f.png

• Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 1