IGNORED

Voddie Baucham takes a turn driving the Wambulance of Christian Persecution

hoipolloi

Voddie passes his own anti-woke purity test and awards himself a gold star!  

What a pretentious ass.

It's a bit of an insult to the many people who ponied up money they probably didn't have so he could have state of the art surgery and not be stuck with the bill. 

• I Agree 7

I thought the SBC didn’t like their presidents to plagiarize their sermons. Maybe plagiarizing books is a different matter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I thought the SBC didn’t like their presidents to plagiarize their sermons. Maybe plagiarizing books is a different matter. 

Don’t be silly. It’s only plagiarism if someone else does it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Howl said:

It's a bit of an insult to the many people who ponied up money they probably didn't have so he could have state of the art surgery and not be stuck with the bill. 

I've wondered about this too. Fortunately for him & his family, his treatment ended up costing significantly less than what was originally said to be necessary -- heart transplant, IIRC. But given that, does he keep the unused balance?

Re: his nomination and eligibility. It occurs to me that being nominated but "unable" to accept it puts Voddie in a great position.

Being thought "worthy" of being SBC president but unable to run is a far better place to be than giving up the Zambian grift, the regular "ministry" trips back to the US, and, best of all, going through a possible knock-down, drag-out fight over who gets to be president.

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Had forgotten about the TN Baptists' plagiarism resolution.  Maybe it only applies to SBC presidents they don't like. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Pompous windbag.

That's all I’ve got.

Pity.  Concise.   ❤️

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 3/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, Columbia said:

OTOH they seem to like people fulminating about 'cultural marxism' so there's that.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 3/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, Jasmar said:

Pompous windbag.

Thats all I’ve got.

That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. 

Fortunately, it seems that Voddie’s “substitute daughters” line is getting some discussion on Twitter. It’s unlikely that the CBN cares about that, given their affiliation with Paige Patterson, but something like that would hopefully be a source of concern for the average SBC-goer. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Columbia said:

Fortunately, it seems that Voddie’s “substitute daughters” line is getting some discussion on Twitter. It’s unlikely that the CBN cares about that, given their affiliation with Paige Patterson, but something like that would hopefully be a source of concern for the average SBC-goer. 

The terrible things he's said repeatedly over the years, with no apologies or retractions, should get much more discussion but I somehow doubt they'll be showstoppers for those who vote on the next SBC president.

I'm betting he won't accept the nomination & actually run. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I'm betting he won't accept the nomination & actually run. 

I don’t think he will either, but I also can’t think why not. He’d be the head of the biggest denomination in the US. That’s a lot of power and authority for someone whose theology is all about who gets power and authority. And it’s not like he’d really have anyone to answer to. The CBN would trip all over themselves to do whatever he wanted and to protect him at all costs. It would be a pretty cushy position. I don’t know why he wouldn’t want it, unless it’s possible that he learned a thing or two about unquestioned authority from Doug Phillips. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I also can’t think why not.

It seems to me there are more cons than pros, including the plagiarism, his never-repudiated endorsement of child beating and female subjugation, and the ongoing Zambia grift. 

It's hard to say though. A number of the theobros are enthusiastic so Voddie may have the support despite serious objections1558798870_IntheWakeofVoddieBaucham.thumb.jpg.06dd636fb1947e1a3fc33f7566da5e66.jpg

• Disgust 5

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

It seems to me there are more cons than pros, including the plagiarism, his never-repudiated endorsement of child beating and female subjugation, and the ongoing Zambia grift. 

But nobody’s ever asked him real questions about any of that, and he’s never going to put himself in a place where he would have to answer them. This is the guy who doesn’t even protect his daughter from all his fan-girls. And he has so much cover from Paige Patterson and Owen Strachan and Tom White and everybody. They don’t ask hard questions about the child molesters being passed around their churches. Why bring up Voddie’s past? I really think he’d be perfectly safe as an SBC President. 

I am very curious though about what Voddie might have known regarding his successor. I think if he was made aware of the abuse while it was occurring we’re about to find out. That’s the only thing I can think of that might give him pause.

And even then the TGC types still wouldn’t care. 

• Upvote 2

But nobody’s ever asked him real questions about any of that, and he’s never going to put himself in a place where he would have to answer them.

You could be right. We'll see how he deals with the criticism or if he's allowed to evade accountability. 

I am very curious though about what Voddie might have known regarding his successor.

According to that news item, the crimes occurred between 2013 and 2018. Baucham moved to Africa in 2016, so it's possible that Voddie knew or heard something. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Columbia said:

As seen on Twitter. 

AE76BAEB-A1C4-4CA7-9B36-7A9C2BBD2F2E.jpeg

These guys cannot be held accountable for anything they do - yet they, and only they, can interpret and read scripture for all to follow. 
I am so over complementarian denominations it’s almost as though I never belonged to one. 
And that feels good! 

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I am so over complementarian denominations it’s almost as though I never belonged to one. 

Somehow I didn't realize that you did belong to one!  How long were you "in" and what was your off ramp -- the "aha" moment that you decided it wasn't for you?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

https://instagram.com/tialevingswriter?utm_medium=copy_link

this woman is on fire blasting voddie and highlighting the dangers of fundementalism in general! 

Thanks for that link -- her stuff is great. I thought these takes on Voddie's motives for considering the SBC nomination were interesting:

Voddie's Motives.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

The Wartburg Watch has a red flag post on Voddie's candidacy in the SBC's Pastorsʻ Conference.

There are a number of links to worthwhile articles & commentary.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Voddie may have one less competitor in the race for SBC president:

A leading candidate for president of the Southern Baptist Convention is under fire for ordaining a former public school teacher with a history of sexual misconduct as a deacon....The Rev. Willy Rice, pastor of Calvary Church in Clearwater, Florida, told his congregation Friday (April 1) that one of the congregation’s leaders was stepping down due to a past “sexual sin that could also be described as abusive.”...Religion News Service has confirmed that the former deacon is Jeff Ford, the executive director of Man Up and Go, a Christian nonprofit in the U.S. and overseas whose Authentic Masculinity Program “teaches men how to be protectors of and providers for their families,” according to the biography of Ford posted on the website of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. According to that website, Ford is a member of the state’s Faith-Based and Community-Based Advisory Council.

The True Christian™️ who was "mistakenly" ordained? Heʻs still listed on the FL Advisory Councilʻs website. Looking at that group, Iʻd be surprised if heʻs the only predator or abuser among them:

798953177_ManUpandGoBeaPredator.thumb.png.f0abfe4ca7d76612a003debe3ff59dc7.png

• Eyeroll 4

Gosh, talk about a Manly Man, very manly, possibly the manliest man of all manly men. 

a past “sexual sin that could also be described as abusive.”

Sweet Rufus, puleeeze let someone spill the tea on what he did (while protecting his victim/victims), because people need to know exactly how vile he is behind all this manly crap.  Cynical me, Imma guess there's a minor or minors involved or at least younger people. 

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

Voddie Baucham announced that heʻs accepted the nomination for SBC president:

76029955_VoddiesSBCAnnouncement.thumb.jpg.8d4eed1c89218ce0ffc471c00865cf07.jpg

• Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Voddie Baucham announced that heʻs accepted the nomination for SBC president:

76029955_VoddiesSBCAnnouncement.thumb.jpg.8d4eed1c89218ce0ffc471c00865cf07.jpg

Ugh. I really hope Jasmine stays outspoken about all her very different beliefs from her father. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Definitely did not see that coming. 

I hope there’s at least one person with enough sense and courage to ask a bunch of questions about Vision Forum and substitute daughters at Anaheim. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope Jasmine stays outspoken about all her very different beliefs from her father. 

She wonʻt discuss him or his theology & preaching, which is understandable and certainly good for her mental health. 

She was a dependent minor in his household during much of his time on the VF grifting circuit but there are a number of adult men and women who were happy to go along with Voddieʻs shite. Voddie was equally happy to go along with their shite too, Exhibit A being VF and Doug Phillips.

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

I hope there’s at least one person with enough sense and courage to ask a bunch of questions about Vision Forum and substitute daughters at Anaheim. 

And then thereʻs his former co-pastor at Grace Family Bible Church in TX, now a convicted sex offender who preyed on juveniles in Voddieʻs congregation. There is a LOT to ask Voddie about if the men of SBC are as manly & protective of woman and children as they say they are. 

Not holding my breath, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1