IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

I think it’s funny they went with Katie to register at Target. And one of the pics had a rainbow in the background. Target is usually pretty pro-Pride so did the Bateses just ignore all the pride stuff? Because we know how they feel about it. 

542CEB93-CDE7-4C7B-B722-0FC2154094AA.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

If I recall correctly, one or two of the Bates and Duggar brides have also registered for pieces from the Ellen Degeneres Collection at Bed Bath and Beyond, so yeah, they are rather oblivious to it all.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s funny they went with Katie to register at Target. And one of the pics had a rainbow in the background. Target is usually pretty pro-Pride so did the Bateses just ignore all the pride stuff? Because we know how they feel about it. 

542CEB93-CDE7-4C7B-B722-0FC2154094AA.jpeg

I noticed that too and was amused by it.

• Upvote 7

I thought these two young'uns weren't getting married until December. Isn't it a little early to register?

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I thought these two young'uns weren't getting married until December. Isn't it a little early to register?

I agree it’s early. But the Bateses are master grifters. The earlier the registry is made, the more gifts they will receive from humpers. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

People might ask as soon as they’re engaged. Plus if they put the registry on their invites, and need to get the invites out a few weeks before the wedding, and need a few weeks to get the invites done, it’s only a few weeks sooner than you would expect. Probably it’s mostly that they’re young and excited.

• Upvote 9

I think Katie actually needed help to register because she probably is clueless about what she needs for her new home. At least she and Travis got to choose appliances together. Someone needs to help her learn something about cooking ASAP. Doesn't have to start out fancy. There are alot of idiot proof foods to cook. Open a can of peas. Put them in pot. Medium heat. Add butter, salt, & pepper. If you're not comfortable with the oven, there are microwavable meals. Got friends that grew eating those. Still alive and kicking, in their 40's...but definitely learned to cook when they became adults because they were tired of eating TV dinners ?

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I registered about 6 months before my wedding. My bridal shower was in April for my June wedding and the registry information was on the shower invites. 

• Upvote 10

We set up our registry (like the back end side with the store) in January for our September wedding, but I don't remember why we did it that early. We didn't add anything to it until April, and we only added things then because the store we registered at had a "Registry Party" where they opened early on a Sunday morning and it was only for couples registering. They had champagne and pastries and their staff was available to help with suggestions or guidance. People did start sending gifts months before the wedding, I think even before we sent invites out.

I guess it makes sense if Katie is expected to be the homemaker and is "in charge" of food/laundry/decor etc., but it would've been really weird for me to create my registry with my mom or girl friends (I don't have any sisters) and not my fiancée. 

• Upvote 5

I may have mentioned this on another thread, but when we were preparing for our wedding we hadn't gotten around to doing a registry yet. One of my mom's coworkers very nicely got us a pasta maker (I think this was before the wedding shower? who knows). Anyway, we realized it was better to have the registry to direct people to if we didn't want 3 more pasta makers we couldn't return! However, my fiance and I did the registry stuff together (which is when I discovered he didn't like my Fiesta dishes!!!!! He's gotten over it, we still have them lol).

Side note, I definitely recommend registering for some board games if you're registering at Target or Amazon or somewhere similar! We registered for kitchen/home stuff too but my friends were excited to buy board games! (No comment on whether we've played any of them in 4 years...)

• Upvote 11

I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't involved in making the registry.

You could always have a fun in-store day with the girls to get the registry started and then edit and add to it online with your fiance. Especially if he hates shopping and the crowds in stores. 

• Upvote 6

7CDBB001-48CA-4DAB-A1DC-B71B9F2F215B.thumb.jpeg.061c31848549eb03582fffacd1ef1c53.jpeg

is this the closets they will come to premarital touching? I couldn’t imagine getting married to anyone without some kind of physical touch that isn’t a side hug.

• I Agree 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

7CDBB001-48CA-4DAB-A1DC-B71B9F2F215B.thumb.jpeg.061c31848549eb03582fffacd1ef1c53.jpeg

is this the closets they will come to premarital touching? I couldn’t imagine getting married to anyone without some kind of physical touch that isn’t a side hug.

I mean, we chose to save sex for marriage, but we anything we felt wasn't sex was on the table. We also lived on our own (separately, but also separate from our parents) and spent plenty of 1-on-1 time. I can't imagine their level of restrictions, especially the extreme ones like Katie and Travis. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

BEC-comment, but damn Travis looks so young and has such a baby face. I used to feel the same way about Kelton, but he looks even younger.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

BEC-comment, but damn Travis looks so young and has such a baby face. I used to feel the same way about Kelton, but he looks even younger.

A friend asked if they registered for a my first shaving kit for him. I'm wondering myself. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Katie's my least favorite Bates girl. I can find something to like or admire about the other girls, but I'm still looking with her. She just seems so vacuous and uninteresting.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Katie's my least favorite Bates girl. I can find something to like or admire about the other girls, but I'm still looking with her. She just seems so vacuous and uninteresting.

She is not particularly interesting. But I think some of it is age. I feel like I was not all that interesting or nice at 20 either lol. I found that Carlin got more likable after marriage and maybe Katie will too? Of maybe she will got the Alissa route and stay vapid and unlikeable? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

She is not particularly interesting. But I think some of it is age. I feel like I was not all that interesting or nice at 20 either lol. I found that Carlin got more likable after marriage and maybe Katie will too? Of maybe she will got the Alissa route and stay vapid and unlikeable? 

Does anyone know the area she's moving to in NJ? Is it very rural? Or more suburban? Closer to Philadelphia? Or NYC? Or the Shore? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Does anyone know the area she's moving to in NJ? Is it very rural? Or more suburban? Closer to Philadelphia? Or NYC? Or the Shore? 

Travis's family lives (and he bought a house) in Berlin, which is about 15-20 miles southeast of Philadelphia. I'm not super familiar with that area, but it looks like it's probably on the edge of suburban and rural based on satellite view/Google Earth. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

It amuses me greatly that the Bates sons-in-law, particularly Travis and Evan, are better musicians than Lawson, but they don’t make a big deal of it and they have other professions.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It amuses me greatly that the Bates sons-in-law, particularly Travis and Evan, are better musicians than Lawson, but they don’t make a big deal of it and they have other professions.

Both Travis and Evan have recorded songs. The Stewarts used to have a singing ministry. They still have a website but i dont think they do it anymore. Same for the Clark family. Travis in particular seems to be considered the singer of the family. His parents built a recording studio in their house for him. Here you can hear one song Travis recorded:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Carlin has a instagram story where Esther and Nathan are cuddled up and so are Tiffany and Lawson and then Katie and Travis are in seperate chair. I just feel sorry for Katie who is going to be going from hand-holding to sex without anything in between. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, llucie said:

Both Travis and Evan have recorded songs. The Stewarts used to have a singing ministry. They still have a website but i dont think they do it anymore. Same for the Clark family. Travis in particular seems to be considered the singer of the family. His parents built a recording studio in their house for him. Here you can hear one song Travis recorded:

So many fundie family photos with their awkward arm holding and weird postures belong on "siblings or dating": https://www.instagram.com/siblingsordating/

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin has a instagram story where Esther and Nathan are cuddled up and so are Tiffany and Lawson and then Katie and Travis are in seperate chair. I just feel sorry for Katie who is going to be going from hand-holding to sex without anything in between. 

I remember Bobby and Tori cuddling like that before their wedding so its not just a boys thing. I just dont understand why Katie and Travis are getting married. They dont seem to have compatible personalities and have 0 chemistry as a couple. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, llucie said:

I remember Bobby and Tori cuddling like that before their wedding so its not just a boys thing. I just dont understand why Katie and Travis are getting married. They dont seem to have compatible personalities and have 0 chemistry as a couple. 

Yeah, I scrolled through Josie and Carlin's instagram and they had pre-wedding cuddle pics too. I think the "no touching" is coming from the Clarks. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic