IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

It looks like she was in a hospital so that's good if true.

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, JMO said:

Also, I'm a bit surprised at the picture they chose.  I hope the birth went ok and that's regular tears of joy and not "I can't believe that we're both alive".

Before Ivy was born Jessa did a talking head about how she always cries when her baby is born. I’m sure it’s just her usual tears of joy. I also think it’s a boy.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, JMO said:

Also, I'm a bit surprised at the picture they chose.  I hope the birth went ok and that's regular tears of joy and not "I can't believe that we're both alive".

I think a lot of people cry when the baby is born. I was the opposite and kind feel like a weirdo because I cried when I was in labor but I had a giant Joker sized smile after they were born. So much so that my face hurt from the constant smiling. I think I just felt enormous relief and I smiled. While others may feel enormous relief and cry. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Of course  Jessa's baby is a boy! Aren't little girls born with headbands with giant bows on them? :dance:

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 15

On 7/18/2021 at 8:06 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she picks a really strange name again, it might amuse you longer!

I heard this on Reddit so take it with a grain of salt but apparently Jessa asked her oldest what to call the baby and he suggested "Brunk" - which would amuse me for a very long time indeed if she actually chose it.

• Haha 4

Baby Seewald #4 is...Fern Elliana Seewald!

Looks like plant names for girls and WTF names for boys for Ben & Jessa.

Has anyone else watched the YouTube updates? Jessa asked the anesthesiologist if he catches the baby when it comes out. WTAF!!!!! I know these people are hopelessly sheltered, yet I still find myself dumbfounded by some of the things that come from the mouths of fundies. You'd think someone whose sole purpose in life as a woman is to spew progeny would have more knowledge on how to get said progeny out in order to raise them according to their back assward belief system.

There's more to having babies than home births, fundies!!!!

Edited by Lady Dondarrion
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Baby Seewald #4 is...Fern Elliana Seewald!

Looks like plant names for girls and WTF names for boys for Ben & Jessa.

All I think of when I hear Fern is Where the Red Fern Grows/Fern from Arthur. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

My boss has a pug named Fern... :tw_face_dog:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

My boss has a pug named Fern... :tw_face_dog:

Fern from Arthur is a poodle! Also did I read somewhere that Jill has a dog named Fern? 

1DBE648C-A424-40AC-9F7F-739DB96C44CA.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Personally I love the name... maybe just because I love the plant. But these days it's definitely more common in pets than people.

• Upvote 2

Just now, sleepygirl1 said:

Fern from Arthur is a poodle! Also did I read somewhere that Jill has a dog named Fern? 

I believe Jill's dog is Fenna not Fern. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

So Ivy and now Fern. I’m going to say she is doing a nature theme with the girls. Will next be Holly if born in December? Maybe then a Rosalie. 

• Upvote 6

I watched the birth video #2.  They facetime with the older kids and point the phone at Fern.  They (the adults) ask if it's a boy or girl and one of the boys say "Boy!"  probably because they have her in a slate blue blanket.  So Gwen (?I think) asks what's on her head.  Of course, it's a bow!  "So what does that mean?" "Girl!" ??  Then they have Ivy do a special time looking at her new baby sister.  Oh, and Michelle filmed the video, maskless of course.  And got to cut the cord since Ben wanted no part of that.  (He likes to stay at the head of the bed, away from "gooey" things.  I think that's the word Michelle used. )

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I watched the birth video #2.  They facetime with the older kids and point the phone at Fern.  They (the adults) ask if it's a boy or girl and one of the boys say "Boy!"  probably because they have her in a slate blue blanket.  So Gwen (?I think) asks what's on her head.  Of course, it's a bow!  "So what does that mean?" "Girl!" ??  Then they have Ivy do a special time looking at her new baby sister.  Oh, and Michelle filmed the video, maskless of course.  And got to cut the cord since Ben wanted no part of that.  (He likes to stay at the head of the bed, away from "gooey" things.  I think that's the word Michelle used. )

Ask me if I'm surprised a boy who got married and started procreating as a teenager can't handle the facts of that procreation. All those gooey things. Poor wittle boy. Maybe he shouldn't be making babies if he doesn't like gooey births. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Ask me if I'm surprised a boy who got married and started procreating as a teenager can't handle the facts of that procreation. All those gooey things. Poor wittle boy. Maybe he shouldn't be making babies if he doesn't like gooey births. 

My husband has a thing with blood. He almost passed out when they put in my IV. But he bucked up and kept his shit together the best he could. Ben might have a blood phobia but the way Michelle puts it makes him sound ridiculous. My brother in law can gut a deer when he’s hunting but my sister having a baby almost threw him over the edge.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Not heard of Elliana before. Makes me think of Elliot in Spurgeon’s name.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I'm meh on the name. Elliana I like, but not Fern. 

I roll my eyes at all the click bait waiting. JB must be holding the purse strings tight on the Seewalds. 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

I dont hate the name on its own but i am not a fan of their invasive plants name theme for the girls. Josie Bates is doing the hippie nature theme a lot better IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I'm meh on the name. Elliana I like, but not Fern. 

I roll my eyes at all the click bait waiting. JB must be holding the purse strings tight on the Seewalds. 

I think the name Fern is fine but I don’t know if I like the way Jessa and Ben say it. Maybe it’s their accent or just their manner of speaking. But it doesn’t sound pretty when they say Fern. I don’t have anything against the Arkansas accent. I think it’s just the way they say Fern that sounds a bit harsh.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Ivy and now Fern. I’m going to say she is doing a nature theme with the girls. Will next be Holly if born in December? Maybe then a Rosalie. 

I actually like Fern and briefly considered it for our daughter. But I gotta say Ivy and Holly sounds a lot cuter together! The Duggars granddaughters have quite frilly/feminine names and Fern clashes with that. It's a surprising twist, but nothing will ever beat Spurgeon's announcement. Nothing. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Makes me think of this:

54C3C135-0DBF-43B4-909D-BF96D2AD899F.jpeg.9f0fe1054b9db94f0b21b1013e5d7f9c.jpeg

Which in turn makes me think of the villain, Hexus, voiced (spectacularly) by Tim Curry. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The Duggars have now had 10 Granddaughters in exactly 3 years. :mindblowing: And it's only going to get worse as more kids marry.....

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

The Duggars have now had 10 Granddaughters in exactly 3 years. :mindblowing: And it's only going to get worse as more kids marry.....

Anna's having the next baby and it's a girl!

• Upvote 7

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic