IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

30 minutes ago, NoJulius said:

I'm not sure if we knew that Victor and Cassie Seppi named their son Steadfast. (I didn't...)

Now that feels like a blast from the past. For me. I haven't thought of the Seppi's in what seems like forever. 

Given their name choice, clearly nothing has changed and I haven't missed a thing by forgetting about them.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bethella said:

@NoJulius- who are Matthew Keyes and Ezra/Zion Chapman?

Matthew Keyes is Esther Keyes (Nathan Bates fiancé's) brother, I don't know who the Chapman's are

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m guessing they are Maranatha Chapman’s kids. But that’s just a guess. I don’t know all the names of her kids. 

Ruth Wissmann had her 4th son, Kaleb Terry. 9lbs 10oz. A big boy. Born July 3rd.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The Chapmans. Someone please prepare the ferrets. 

Ezra and Zion’s parents are Matthew and Maranatha Chapman, best known for Matthew asking Stan Owen (Maranatha’s dad) if he could marry her … when he was 26 and she was 13.

Stan said yes, but not yet. When Maranatha was 14 and Matthew was 27 they had a legally binding marriage but Stan said Maranatha had to wait like in Biblical times, so she stayed at home to sew her own wedding dress. After a while, Stan announced that the time was near but nobody would know exactly when it would be. Maranatha had to get dressed for the wedding each day at 3pm and wait until midnight with her suitcase for Matthew to arrive to take her, but each night he didn’t so she went to bed to repeat the process the next day. 

When Maranatha was 15 she was taken by her 28 year old husband and they continued the tradition with their 16 year old daughter getting married the week she turned 16 (to a 26 year old man). 

Matthew and Maranatha (and Lauren) are now VERY into CrossFit and it’s a huge part of their lives. They seem to have left strict fundie life but I haven’t done enough reading to know where they would sit on the continuum of Christianity. 

For the non-TLDR version, click here:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2013/12/the-rest-of-the-maranatha-story.html

Edited by adidas
Typos
  • Upvote 10
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5

Matthew and Maranatha’s 7 children are:

Benjamin, Lauren, Kindle, Ezra, Zion, Rebekah and Hadassah.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

13 hours ago, adidas said:

The Chapmans. Someone please prepare the ferrets. 

Ezra and Zion’s parents are Matthew and Maranatha Chapman, best known for Matthew asking Stan Owen (Maranatha’s dad) if he could marry her … when he was 26 and she was 13.

Stan said yes, but not yet. When Maranatha was 14 and Matthew was 27 they had a legally binding marriage but Stan said Maranatha had to wait like in Biblical times, so she stayed at home to sew her own wedding dress. After a while, Stan announced that the time was near but nobody would know exactly when it would be. Maranatha had to get dressed for the wedding each day at 3pm and wait until midnight with her suitcase for Matthew to arrive to take her, but each night he didn’t so she went to bed to repeat the process the next day. 

When Maranatha was 15 she was taken by her 28 year old husband and they continued the tradition with their 16 year old daughter getting married the week she turned 16 (to a 26 year old man). 

Matthew and Maranatha (and Lauren) are now VERY into CrossFit and it’s a huge part of their lives. They seem to have left strict fundie life but I haven’t done enough reading to know where they would sit on the continuum of Christianity. 

For the non-TLDR version, click here:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2013/12/the-rest-of-the-maranatha-story.html

Oh, my!  I completely forgot about this!  Yes, Maranatha had to don her wedding dress every afternoon waiting for her groom to arrive.  She should have escaped while she could because that whole thing was batshit crazy!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, watchdog said:

Oh, my!  I completely forgot about this!  Yes, Maranatha had to don her wedding dress every afternoon waiting for her groom to arrive.  She should have escaped while she could because that whole thing was batshit crazy!

I remember this story. How many days in a row did she have to do this?  

2 hours ago, Smee said:

One day, fundies will run out of things to do that leave me speechless. Today is not that day.

I don't mean to question you, but I am not so sure that day will every come. 

Back in my early days of fundie snarking I never would have imagined they'd turn their religion into hero worship for an orange god, but that's exactly what they did. They sold their souls for tRump and it will forever be one of the mysteries of American religion. He is everything & has done everything their god preaches against yet they sold their souls to him without blinking. That was a huge shock to me. Everything since as well, although a little less so since once you go orange, you're pretty much done for so nothing you say or do can be surprising anymore. 

Fundies have been finding ways to do stupid shit for 2,000+ years. I don't think they're going to run out of options any time soon. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

On 6/19/2021 at 7:27 PM, SisterMom said:

Natty Darnell and his wife Abby are expecting a baby per this email that he sent out (the email was linked on his public FB page so I'm assuming it's okay to share):

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/11th-District-GOP-State-Committeeman-Candidacy.html?soid=1112677779930&aid=Cpom2YJsgBQ

Omg. What even IS he wearing? Can he BE any more cringe???? Bow tie suit coat shirt AND a frat mock T zip sweater? I mean you’re in the South, man, what’s with all the layers. ?

Also can I just point out how pretentious he is, with all his “politician speak” ? He is so desperate to be relevant and important it oozes out of him. Glad that to date it’s been impossibly hard for him to get past the smarter-than-he is-is gatekeepers who make sure those in power can’t be guys like him oh believe that women cannot be in leader ship either politically or even in business! And believe gays should be stoned. Literally. ??

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Omg. What even IS he wearing? Can he BE any more cringe???? Bow tie suit coat shirt AND a frat mock T zip sweater? I mean you’re in the South, man, what’s with all the layers. ?

Also can I just point out how pretentious he is, with all his “politician speak” ? He is so desperate to be relevant and important it oozes out of him. Glad that to date it’s been impossibly hard for him to get past the smarter-than-he is-is gatekeepers who make sure those in power can’t be guys like him oh believe that women cannot be in leader ship either politically or even in business! And believe gays should be stoned. Literally. ??

Still looks like a father and his daughter ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Still looks like a father and his daughter ?

Really does not help that she looks younger than her 26 years and he’s almost 40. ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

14 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Really does not help that she looks younger than her 26 years and he’s almost 40. ?

My husband is a bit over 9 years older than me. When we got together, I don’t think we looked that different in age. He looked very young for his age. But now at 48, he’s very grey. I’m also fairly grey but I dye it. So we probably do look 9 years apart these days. 

• Upvote 3

My hubby is 15 months older than me, and when he lets his beard grow he is asked if I’m his daughter ? it is so white. I don’t like his beard (I don’t like the scratchiness) so I use this as a reason he should shave haha. It’s up to him of course - but he looks at least 20 years younger when he shaves. The hair on his head is still brown/blonde and has hardly any grey in it.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Giraffe said:

She looks so uncomfortable with him!

She looks like a girl getting hugged by her crazy old uncle. The one everyone goes out of their way to avoid but never quite manages to keep him away. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Sarah Reith posted on Instagram more about Lizzy Jo’s medical issues and low birth weight. They had a bunch of tests during pregnancy and everything came back normal. The only answer the dr could come up with was a large uterine fibroid was taking all the nutrients away from Lizzy. But she’s growing now and over 5 pounds. So she seems huge compared to when she was born.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

On 7/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serious question... lol  When a man buys a suit jacket do they buy it like a size up to accommodate for bulky layering like this?  My dad wore a suit to get married, to his dads funeral( I was too young to recall) and was then buried in it so I have no recollection how they fit.. My husband ... no suit coats here... 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

Serious question... lol  When a man buys a suit jacket do they buy it like a size up to accommodate for bulky layering like this?  My dad wore a suit to get married, to his dads funeral( I was too young to recall) and was then buried in it so I have no recollection how they fit.. My husband ... no suit coats here... 

No, they don't. They can, of course, buy a suit coat of any size they choose, but normal men typically go for those that fit. 

Normal men don't dress like Natty. Normal men wear a shirt under their suit coat, maybe an undershirt under that. A vest if it's a fancy occasion. They don't need to size up to accommodate pretentious layers.

Natty has to size up to accommodate not only his very special way of dressing, but also to fit his giant, obnoxious ego. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

I think Natty thinks he dresses like a Harvard professor. Too bad his wife looks like his student.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Reith posted on Instagram more about Lizzy Jo’s medical issues and low birth weight. They had a bunch of tests during pregnancy and everything came back normal. The only answer the dr could come up with was a large uterine fibroid was taking all the nutrients away from Lizzy. But she’s growing now and over 5 pounds. So she seems huge compared to when she was born.

One of my cousins had a full-term 3 lb. 14 oz. baby.  The only thing they could come up with is that his mom didn’t gain enough weight when she was pregnant.  The kid was a bruiser a few years later.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2021 at 4:48 AM, ToriAmos said:

Dama Gradinarui had #7, a boy, by planned CT on 30 June. I think she was 36 weeks along. She's the one with 3 (now 4) singletons and triplets at age 23. name to be announced.

They named him Ezra. No middle name like his siblings.

• Thank You 4

Natalie Coughlan Cuidon was due June 8th and had a baby. But don’t know the exact date or the sex. She was in a family picture holding a newborn. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic