IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

On 6/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh man Oakley is nothing compared to some of the names I’ve heard. At least it’s spelled ok. I’ve legit seen Oakleigh. 

I know of an Oakleigh, and I'm not even in Utah.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, Giraffe said:

She looks so uncomfortable with him!

A little bird told me that when they met her she was giving off BWS vibes. I can say he has got a verbally abusive streak at the least. I feel sorry for her and angry at her father for his BS pretense her whole Life that he would protect her from the wolves (like all homeschool dads do) while letting a guy who’s resume sounded good meet and marry his daughter with less than 12 months between the two events. Sickens me. I hope he is ashamed. They preach and beat “umbrella of protection” and then in the end they’re a weak broken sieve allowing all the demons of hell to leak out on their poor daughters. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 1

46 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

A little bird told me that when they met her she was giving off BWS vibes. I can say he has got a verbally abusive streak at the least. I feel sorry for her and angry at her father for his BS pretense her whole Life that he would protect her from the wolves (like all homeschool dads do) while letting a guy who’s resume sounded good meet and marry his daughter with less than 12 months between the two events. Sickens me. I hope he is ashamed. They preach and beat “umbrella of protection” and then in the end they’re a weak broken sieve allowing all the demons of hell to leak out on their poor daughters. 

I googled BWS and can't find it. What does BWS mean in this context? 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I googled BWS and can't find it. What does BWS mean in this context? 

Guessing 'Because Woman, Stress' meaning being around an awful man. I actually mis-read UrbanDictionary's #3 definition of it, but mine is way better so I'm going with it ?

I’m assuming battered wife syndrome. Which I think is actually used to refer to women in DV relationships who murder their abusive spouses, not just women who are abused.

edit: I was wrong, “battered woman syndrome” does just refer to the signs of persistent intimate partner violence. I was confusing it with the battered woman legal defence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_woman_syndrome

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

They preach and beat “umbrella of protection” and then in the end they’re a weak broken sieve allowing all the demons of hell to leak out on their poor daughters. 

I have been trying to formulate this exact thought for a very long time, and you did it perfectly. 

My parents put enormous pressure on me to marry my first boyfriend who was a member of our church, and also a jerk who belittled me, made fun of my appearance, made me feel stupid etc. I finally had an "aha" moment and thankfully didn't marry him. I realized my parents didn't have my best interest at heart, they were just trying to follow a model that told them girls should marry early to someone who checked all the boxes in terms of beliefs. Being a decent person is irrelevant. In fact, being an arrogant prick who can smugly cozy up to Daddy with all the right theological answers gives you an advantage for marriage in that world. 

I'm afraid the Anderson girls will be similarly thrown to wolves, as PP followers seem to be the worst kind of men.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

My parents put enormous pressure on me to marry my first boyfriend who was a member of our church, and also a jerk who belittled me, made fun of my appearance, made me feel stupid etc. I finally had an "aha" moment and thankfully didn't marry him. I realized my parents didn't have my best interest at heart, they were just trying to follow a model that told them girls should marry early to someone who checked all the boxes in terms of beliefs. Being a decent person is irrelevant. In fact, being an arrogant prick who can smugly cozy up to Daddy with all the right theological answers gives you an advantage for marriage in that world. 

I'm afraid the Anderson girls will be similarly thrown to wolves, as PP followers seem to be the worst kind of men.

So sorry that your parents pressured you like that. I can definitely see this happening to the Anderson daughters. 

• Upvote 7

From the sounds of things, it was another dramatic, and possibly traumatic birth experience for her. This makes 2 out of 3, if that's indeed the case. 

Chelsy seems to be doing well, and mentioned that there isn't currently a known cause for the early labor and delivery. The baby was 3lbs 7oz at birth (born July 9 just after 2:00 am), and apparently needed oxygen support at some point (based on a photo), but is healthy enough to be handled by her parents for skin-to-skin contact out of the isolette. Chelsy described her as "fragile" on the blog, but I think maybe that's her (understandable) stress and concern over Madeline's early arrival and small size rather than reference to any specific medical concern.

I hope that they are able to get her home soon. 

• Upvote 7

Lovely name; Madeline (whether pronounced Mad-uh-line or Mad-uh-lyn) is one of my favorites, actually! Hope both baby and mother are okay and that she won't have to stay in the NICU too long.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Seems like there've been an abnormally high number of NICU babies among fundies as of late. Perhaps all of their mask-less, vax-less gallivanting through COVID could have something to do with it.

I feel bad for the babies (as I would anyway, born in these families), but will hold off on feeling bad for the parents.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

On 7/11/2021 at 1:03 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Seems like there've been an abnormally high number of NICU babies among fundies as of late. Perhaps all of their mask-less, vax-less gallivanting through COVID could have something to do with it.

I feel bad for the babies (as I would anyway, born in these families), but will hold off on feeling bad for the parents.

This, and the consequences of having baby after baby with no break or regard for the mother's health may be starting to catch up to some of them as well.

• Upvote 14

On 7/11/2021 at 2:03 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

If a pregnant woman gets covid she is at higher risk for severe covid and preterm birth. I would not be surprised  if the mask less gatherings and anti vaxx beliefs caused some fundie women to develop covid and then they had preterm birth as a complication. IIRC Whitney admitted she had covid during pregnancy but I don't know if her child was pre term. It is too bad fundies follow wild conspiracy theories rather than the science.

On the plus side 30 week  babies tend to do well in NICU provided they don't have medical issues aside from prematurity. So hopefully Chelsey's baby will do well.

Edited by browngrl
forgot the work "if" and changed the formatting to add a paragraph
  • Upvote 15

It’s not having medical problems, it’s  all the medical issues that can crop up along the way d/t being exposed to things that a still developing body would not typically be exposed to: a hospital, oxygen, ventilation, life saving and necessary drug therapies that can be toxic, noise, germs, people, food (think NEC). Prematurity is a mine field. 1 step forward and 5 back; a roller coaster ride.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Ashley Salyer finally announced her pregnancy. We all saw the obvious bump for the past month or two. She’s due in November. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 9

Where is that Seewald baby? We're in lockdown AGAIN in Melbourne and I'm bored and DuggarData is on an extended break and I want baby news! I know it will amuse me for, like, 7 minutes, but still.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Where is that Seewald baby? We're in lockdown AGAIN in Melbourne and I'm bored and DuggarData is on an extended break and I want baby news! I know it will amuse me for, like, 7 minutes, but still.

If she picks a really strange name again, it might amuse you longer! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

I've also been wondering. Whenever she stops posting for more than 12 hrs I'll suspect labor.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, JMO said:

I've also been wondering. Whenever she stops posting for more than 12 hrs I'll suspect labor.

This is like Jill with Izzy all over again.

Where's @nst Is she now Jessa?? ?

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

This is like Jill with Izzy all over again.

Where's @nst Is she now Jessa?? ?

Jessa is not in labor :D

• Haha 3

Jessa had her baby. So that is why her mother in law was watching the kids. We were correct. But she didn’t give any other info in her part one video.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

Also, I'm a bit surprised at the picture they chose.  I hope the birth went ok and that's regular tears of joy and not "I can't believe that we're both alive".

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic