IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

1 hour ago, Smee said:

I know someone who named her son Oak. At the time I remember thinking “it’s actually better than I expected, assuming he got his dad’s surname” (mom’s last name is Brown). Then they had a daughter and named her Sway

I've never heard Oak as a name, but Dara (or daragh or other spellings) is a common first name in Ireland and it is the Irishword  for Oak.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Smee said:

As a general rule, I don’t like names that have no history of use or defined meaning, but my daughter has a friend at school called Sofala, and that hits my ears just right. A touch of floofy feminine without being overly long, fresher than Sophie or Sofia. I presume she was named after one of the geographical locations.

If she’s Jewish, it may have some defined meaning. In some Jewish traditions, the suffix “-ala” or “-ela” is a way of making a name into a nickname as a term of endearment. For example, you might call Lisa “Lisala,” Tovah “Tovala,” or your beloved Bubbe (grandma) “Bubbela.” However, I believe it’s typically just for spoken nicknames rather than legal or written names.

Edited by Dominionatrix
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I love shades of grey. (As in literal shades of grey, not the book/movie - I haven't seen or read those)

What, no love for the Monkees song?

?

• Love 2

Dama Gradinarui had #7, a boy, by planned CT on 30 June. I think she was 36 weeks along. She's the one with 3 (now 4) singletons and triplets at age 23. name to be announced.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Thank You 3

48 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I think someone else said that she said in her stories wasn’t.

That’s correct. She is not pregnant. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kimberly Mueller Palazzolo is visibly pregnant but I don’t have a due date. 

Was wondering when she would have a second child. First kiddo is already 3.  I don't think she's nearly as quiverfull as the rest of her siblings.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Floofy? Like princessy? 

I have no idea what constitutes a floofy name. Please educate me!

P.S. I love the word “floofy”

And on names that grate - Esme. I hate, HATE, HATE that name! Yuck!

I don’t mind Esme but I dislike Rouge, Maverick and Rebel as names. Yes, I have taught kids with all of these names. I also don’t like Tiara, Crown or Gift as names but not my kid, not my choice. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Was wondering when she would have a second child. First kiddo is already 3.  I don't think she's nearly as quiverfull as the rest of her siblings.  

Wouldn’t it be nice if all fundies had 3 year spaces? They could actually parent their children if they did. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I don’t mind Esme but I dislike Rouge, Maverick and Rebel as names. Yes, I have taught kids with all of these names. I also don’t like Tiara, Crown or Gift as names but not my kid, not my choice. 

Director Robert Rodriguez’s four sons are named Rebel, Rocket, Racer, and Rogue. 

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Director Robert Rodriguez’s four sons are named Rebel, Rocket, Racer, and Rogue. 

He also has a daughter named Rhiannon. On one hand, it's kind of unfortunate that she wasn't given something more "badass" like her brothers, but she also has a name that most people won't side-eye and IMO that's a blessing in disguise for her.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I knew a kid named Dare.

• Upvote 1

@AliC Rhiannon is incredibly badass! Ok she may not have been an actual person but she is worth naming a daughter after. The fleetwood mac song of the same name is just my favourite!  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

@AliC Rhiannon is incredibly badass! Ok she may not have been an actual person but she is worth naming a daughter after. The fleetwood mac song of the same name is just my favourite!  

Oh I agree! That's why I'd put badass in quotes, because it is rather peculiar that her brothers have all these names that people often give boys to make them seem powerful or cool, while in her case it just seems like it was picked because it begins with R. But I absolutely love the name Rhiannon and would happily name a daughter that instead of something like Racer or Rebel.

• Upvote 2

I dunno. There has to be someone besides me that thinks "Rebel, Rocket, Racer, Rogue, and Ravagerofworlds" is a better sounding lineup.

For real, I don't dislike those names. Anything that isn't another "--ayden" to keep track of is a step in the right direction. Granted, my standards are low, and my taste is trash.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

There has to be someone besides me that thinks "Rebel, Rocket, Racer, Rogue, and Ravagerofworlds" is a better sounding lineup.

* Lara Bingle has entered the chat.

• Upvote 2

Emily (Stotmeister) Kendall & Hunter had their first, Leland Thomas, on 28 June 2021. Per her facebook.

• Thank You 2

On 6/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, Nikedagain? said:

A wee bit (a lot)  off topic, sorry!

But did the Willis mom ever divorce Toby? 

As far as my limited internet research goes, it is unknown if Brenda divorced Toby.

You would hope she did.

I am also not a fan of Grayson as a name ( or any Grey/ Gray name).

How does Jeremy Rolodex support his growing family?

Edited by Percy
Stay on topic
  • Upvote 1

Ashley Salyer is obviously pregnant but I don’t have a date. She didn’t announce but she has a pronounced bump. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, Percy said:

How does Jeremy Rolodex support his growing family?

I was at a friend's house yesterday and her granddaughters were talking about these people. Even their demographic-early 20's-doesn't like them. 

According to them, Jeremy's job is spending the money his wife makes on social media deals/sponsorships. I laughed so hard because while I don't pay attention to them - as in seeking them out -  I know they are FJ topics so I know a bit about them. And I kept imagining all the comments in my head, if that were said here rather than the back yard of my friend. 

Oh, look at that, it has been said here! 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 5

Matthew Keyes and his wife are expecting a daughter in September. They already have a three year old daughter named Oaklyn Rayne.

Heidi (Daming) Hopkins is expecting her second child in October.

Anna (Rehm) and Aaron Grady are expecting their first child this summer (my estimation based on her facebook picture. Maybe the child is already here?)

Ezra Chapmans' girlfriend is expecting a boy, Nolan, this July.

Ezra´s sister Zion is expecting a girl this July (?), too.

Ana Helferich Hardy and her husband Shawn had Shawna Marie on 15.06.21.

I'm not sure if we knew that Victor and Cassie Seppi named their son Steadfast. (I didn't...)

• Thank You 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic