Jump to content
IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.


nelliebelle1197
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CosmicStardust said:

I thought I read in this thread that Tiffany is an actress? What does she do Christian films?

Nope. She has had some small roles in the Spider-Man movies, like less than a minute, she has also been on some Netflix shows. You can find her on IMDb 

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Life guard training? Lawson as fundie Baywatch- he probably thinks he gets a gun and a badge.

Well where will he look with all those non fundie swimwear?

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Nope. She has had some small roles in the Spider-Man movies, like less than a minute, she has also been on some Netflix shows. You can find her on IMDb 

Somebody ruined Hop for me by saying she was in it. I may be able to watch it because her character shit me before I knew it was her. Now she will shit me more. Its sad because there are not many easter themed movies 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CosmicStardust said:

I thought I read in this thread that Tiffany is an actress? What does she do Christian films?

Here is her IMDB page. It looks like a combination of small roles in Marvel movies (Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Homecoming) and mainstream TV (NCIS, House, Criminal Minds) and regular/recurring roles in Disney Channel/Nickelodeon shows (Kirby Buckets, Phineas and Ferb, Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventure). I don't think I've ever seen anything she's in, but she's definitely done a lot of mainstream work. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Here is her IMDB page. It looks like a combination of small roles in Marvel movies (Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Homecoming) and mainstream TV (NCIS, House, Criminal Minds) and regular/recurring roles in Disney Channel/Nickelodeon shows (Kirby Buckets, Phineas and Ferb, Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventure). I don't think I've ever seen anything she's in, but she's definitely done a lot of mainstream work. 

Oh wow. That’s very interesting. How did they meet? I wonder what Gil & Kelly think about their son being involved with such a mainstream actress! Although, this being Lawson I’m not really surprised.  Kind of figured he’d be involved with somebody who is in the business somehow. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is her IMDB page. It looks like a combination of small roles in Marvel movies (Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Homecoming) and mainstream TV (NCIS, House, Criminal Minds) and regular/recurring roles in Disney Channel/Nickelodeon shows (Kirby Buckets, Phineas and Ferb, Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventure). I don't think I've ever seen anything she's in, but she's definitely done a lot of mainstream work. 

Noooo. As soon as Phineas & Ferb was mentioned I knew she had to play Ginger Hirano, the practical nerd of the Fireside Girls. I’m obsessed with Phineas and Ferb and somewhat ironically the character is very smart and very pro-science, unlike Tiffany herself.

And yeah, sorry, believing in Biblical literalism + dating Lawson Bates means ya ain’t smart. Rufus Bless she comes to her senses on all of it. Channel your inner Ginger, Tiff! Before it’s too late.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, CosmicStardust said:

Oh wow. That’s very interesting. How did they meet? I wonder what Gil & Kelly think about their son being involved with such a mainstream actress! Although, this being Lawson I’m not really surprised.  Kind of figured he’d be involved with somebody who is in the business somehow. 

There is more about her and her career in the last Lawson thread.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CosmicStardust said:

Oh wow. That’s very interesting. How did they meet? I wonder what Gil & Kelly think about their son being involved with such a mainstream actress! Although, this being Lawson I’m not really surprised.  Kind of figured he’d be involved with somebody who is in the business somehow. 

She may be a "mainstream" actress but she is a very conservative woman! I also have a theory that once she and Lawson get married (at this point, I do think it will be happening, they've lasted longer than I thought), she will be transitioning to the christian/country world for acting and singing (we think Lawson's upcoming "special project" is a song with Tiffany). She is already modeling for the Bates' women's modest fashion line.

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, meep said:

we think Lawson's upcoming "special project" is a song with Tiffany

This sentence caught my eye and I was very confused as I immediately thought, wow - really?!

Spoiler

950533.jpg

I don't follow Lawson and today I learned there is more than one Tiffany!

(Yes, I'm old, but if one person out there gets this outdated pop culture reference it will make my day!)

ETA:  For the kids who don't know who she is, Tiffany was a teen singer from the 80s.  She dated one of the New Kids On The Block.  So imagine my surprise when my mind went to Lawson working with her.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:


Noooo. As soon as Phineas & Ferb was mentioned I knew she had to play Ginger Hirano, the practical nerd of the Fireside Girls. I’m obsessed with Phineas and Ferb and somewhat ironically the character is very smart and very pro-science, unlike Tiffany herself.
 

How is this okay for the Bateseses, and how does Tiffany reconcile an acting job for a role like this with her fundamentalist views? Surely, a role as a smart, slightly nerdy, very pro-science girl could make little girls watching the series realize they’re just as smart or even smarter than many boys, and even inspire them to become scientists when they grow up. I thought these fundamentalists were all about not becoming a part of worldly things and setting a “Christian” example etc. - don’t they see the hypocrisy in Tiffany taking on these types of acting jobs?

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

How is this okay for the Bateseses, and how does Tiffany reconcile an acting job for a role like this with her fundamentalist views? Surely, a role as a smart, slightly nerdy, very pro-science girl could make little girls watching the series realize they’re just as smart or even smarter than many boys, and even inspire them to become scientists when they grow up. I thought these fundamentalists were all about not becoming a part of worldly things and setting a “Christian” example etc. - don’t they see the hypocrisy in Tiffany taking on these types of acting jobs?

TBF the character only has lines in a handful of episodes (out of 100+). It's a cartoon and while Ginger is seen in every episode, she isn't any type of major player. Isabelle (Alyson Stoner) is the main instigator of female empowerment.

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

(Yes, I'm old, but if one person out there gets this outdated pop culture reference it will make my day!)

Consider your day made! I thought the same thing last night when I was catching up on Lawson. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I need to rant a bit. My 17 month old just tested positive for Covid. My sister is really sick with it and 13 cases in my niece’s daycare have shut down the daycare. With the exception of the baby, we all mask, hand sanitize etc. These idiots (looking at you Lawson) act irresponsibly and don’t seem to care. The baby is asleep on my chest at the moment. Thank God for baby Tylenol! It breaks her fever enough to let her sleep. 

 

Hope she's feeling better soon. Do you have any symptoms?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@EmainMacha Thanks. Yes but amazingly, I tested negative. Public health wants me to get retested as it is likely a false negative. I’m not super sick, just headache, sore throat and cough. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tiffany is calling Kelly Mama B. Isn't that a bit premature?

  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a good thing they "date with a purpose" so that they don't end up with broken heart pieces lol.

  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

TBF the character only has lines in a handful of episodes (out of 100+). It's a cartoon and while Ginger is seen in every episode, she isn't any type of major player. Isabelle (Alyson Stoner) is the main instigator of female empowerment.

I wonder if Tiffany knows what Alyson was doing as a kid and if she'd have an issue with it? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

I wonder if Tiffany knows what Alyson was doing as a kid and if she'd have an issue with it? 

Being in a Missy Elliot video? ?

On 5/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, Expectopatronus said:

@EmainMacha Thanks. Yes but amazingly, I tested negative. Public health wants me to get retested as it is likely a false negative. I’m not super sick, just headache, sore throat and cough. 

Canadian, eh?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Being in a Missy Elliot video? ?

Yep. "That white girl who breakdances in Missy videos!" was like.. her name for years lmao

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure her level of movie work isn't an issue for her values (I've not gone back to review this)

If Elizabeth Moss can do the mental gymnastics required to compartmentalize acting in The Handmaids Tale while remaining an active Scientologist, then I'm sure it's not a problem for Tiffany.

Actors want to act. She's a conservative Christian and Lawson is Lawson...?

I bet they settle in LA. Im weirded out by the idea of a permanently in one place with multiple kids Lawson though... He's an asshole but... I've wondered sometimes if he's got some Derickesque ideas in there about his wife and being the headship/offspring.

Eh. Probably totally wrong.

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 2:24 AM, marmalade said:

Tiffany is calling Kelly Mama B. Isn't that a bit premature?

Erin is calling her her sister in law. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already engaged and just haven’t announced (waiting for some promotion)

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

I wonder if Tiffany knows what Alyson was doing as a kid and if she'd have an issue with it? 

She'd probably have a bigger issue with the fact that Alyson is an out and proud lesbian these days.

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin is calling her her sister in law. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already engaged and just haven’t announced (waiting for some promotion)

So weird that they'll jump the gun in using family titles before marriage, but kissing before marriage is a bridge too far.  I will never understand these people.

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CaptainFunderpants Sure am! Prairie girl which is why pictures of the Bates kids, Evie Duggar etc in sleeveless outfits right now blows my mind. This week has been gorgeous but last week we were still in single digits and going below 0 at night. 
Not to start something but incredibly happy for social medicine. My sister was able to get a virtual appointment and have a prescription faxed to her pharmacy to help her breathe without paying for it. We desperately need universal pharmacare too but my heart breaks for all of you who have to shell out big bucks to see a doctor. Health care is a human right, especially during a pandemic. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

She'd probably have a bigger issue with the fact that Alyson is an out and proud lesbian these days.

Really? I thought she came out as pan or something like that a while ago. What I was talking about was closer to then though lol.

 

Interesting to think about how some of these people get along with others!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




  • Recent Status Updates

    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Yes, it's oral thrush!  Treating it with miconazole gel 4 times a day.  Whoever decided to flavour it chocolate orange is a flipping genius!
      Also needing 1 litre of electrolyte solution per day because my steroid load is killing my levels.  Tomorrow's the last day of prednisolone, thank goodness.  Fingers crossed it's done the job, because I'm still having the occasional wobble with breathing. 
      I see the practice nurse on Monday. 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      The fact that RTD is coming back to Doctor Who has made my day. Hell, it made my whole fucking week. I CAN'T WAIT TO LOVE MY SHOW AGAIN!
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Ever been mansplained and it pissed you off so bad that you just want to bitchslap any poor man who might cross your path? 
      · 2 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I'm not able to update the logos to the fall ones today -- there's a bug that is solved in a recent update version to fix it, but I don't have the time to do that until next week. Until then, we are still living in an endless summer friends! 
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Today is a "I ain't wearing pants" day. Yesterday was pretty shitty so today I'm doing as little as I can get away with. 
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Second Covid vax is currently kicking my butt. Fever, chills, body aches, exhaustion, etc. 
      Miserable, but so so grateful to be vaccinated. Sure as hell beats actual Covid.
      · 6 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      So very sad about Willie Garson. RIP
      · 0 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Started prednisolone tablets today because the asthma inhaler isn't enough. Now I have a sore throat and feel like I have a cold coming.  Need the tablets because breathing isn't an optional body function.  Really don't need the tablets if I have an infection brewing.   
      · 0 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      My husband commented this morning about how nice the weather is after a cold front moved in last night. Before I could stop him, he asked out loud if I thought this meant an early fall for us.
      That's like when you live up north and start talking about an early spring...
      Be careful, the weather gods are always listening.
      · 3 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      Grew up fundie-adjacent. My mother called herself a recovering fu**tamendalist, & she was not given to swearing. Thankfully she raised me as free of religious weirdness as she was capable. Her mother is all the regressive things -- racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, ableist, fundamentalist Protestant nonsense, all of it, & longing for a golden past that never existed.
      I'm an atheist with a bit of an obsession about fundies, particularly of the Christian varieties cuz that's what I'm surrounded by. I've been reading this forum for well over a decade now & finally decided to make an account.
      Thanks for having me here.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.