IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

On 5/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, lumpentheologie said:

Okay, I tried ignoring but I have to correct this because it's wrong information about Covid. From everything I've read and heard about the rapid tests have problems with false positives but not with false negatives. If you get a positive rapid test you're supposed to have it confirmed with PCR test. A negative result from any test isn't a guarantee you don't have Covid though, since you could have it and just not have a high enough viral load for the test to register. But in that case you're not likely to be very contagious. That's why these tests are supposed to only be valid for the day they were done. 

This actually doesn't match the data we have.  COVID tests are showing a significant false negative rate, but false positives are rare.  False negatives are more likely with human error in sample collection, or if the sample was collected too early before there was enough viral load present to be detectable.  

According to this article in virology journal, the PCR test is about 90% sensitive, though that is going to be affected by how soon after symptom onset the test is done (which means about a 10% false negative rate):  https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-021-01489-0

This is a plain-language summary:  https://www.hearthsidemedicine.com/post/rapid-covid-tests-we-have-them-but-how-accurate

In those who don’t have symptoms, the false negative rate — meaning my test is negative but I actually have the disease — can be as high as 50%. This can have tremendous consequences as we try to contain the spread of COVID-19.

The false positive rate — meaning I test positive but I do not really have the disease — is quite low. So, if you test positive from a rapid test it is more likely you do have the disease.

Negative rapid tests need PCR confirmation - or more time if they're done too quickly after symptom onset.  Positive tests mean you almost certainly have it.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm certainly a covid believer and I've been wearing my mask and distancing (although added my parents to my bubble after we had our daughter), but am I missing something with this poster? Wearing a mask in a sparsely populated salon doesn't sound any different than... wearing a mask in a salon with restricted numbers of people allowed at a time. Neither my husband nor I have gotten haircuts since covid, me because I have cut my own hair since high school and my husband since I always had to fix his hair so started doing it myself anyway. But I imagine if we did we'd also be doing it with masks. In our area covid testing was still a pain in the neck to get in a timely fashion, especially rapid tests the last time I needed one, just over a month ago.

• Upvote 5

@GuineaPigCourtship

Jackie3 is a shit-stirring troll. I don't think she knew lumpentheologie lived out of the US with her initial comment about the testing or this conversation likely wouldn't have gone anywhere.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

Mark your calendars, Buckeyes state dwellers! Lawson Bates will be performing at a Christian Music Festival in Mineral City on July 18: https://www.alive.org/  Someone will need to swing by and pick up the Rodrigues teens on the way to the concert.

Shall I assume that Tiffany will be backstage gushing over her love?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Mark your calendars, Buckeyes state dwellers! Lawson Bates will be performing at a Christian Music Festival in Mineral City on July 18: https://www.alive.org/  Someone will need to swing by and pick up the Rodrigues teens on the way to the concert.

Shall I assume that Tiffany will be backstage gushing over her love?

It's actually pretty close to where the Rods live, so I wouldn't be surprised if they go. I live in Ohio but several hours away. I will not be attending?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

It's actually pretty close to where the Rods live, so I wouldn't be surprised if they go. I live in Ohio but several hours away. I will not be attending?

Depends on how much it costs.

• Upvote 4

A Christian music festival sounds like hell on earth. 

I really don’t think Jill would go. Even if the tickets were free. I bet she thinks it’s way too worldly and would have no clue who most of the bands were. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

JRod would probably try to book her family as performers and when that didn't work, set up the family band just outside the perimiter, and when that didn't work, try to grift some tickets, and when THAT didn't work, settle for passing out tracts outside the gate.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@GuineaPigCourtship

Jackie3 is a shit-stirring troll. I don't think she knew lumpentheologie lived out of the US with her initial comment about the testing or this conversation likely wouldn't have gone anywhere.

This site is so quick to label anyone whose opinions they don't agree with as a "troll." It's really tiresome. I disagree with lots of things Jackie and many others say but manage to assume they're said in earnest and don't call people trolls. Calling someone a troll is an attempt to shut down conversation. I hope we can all be better than that.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

This site is so quick to label anyone whose opinions they don't agree with as a "troll." It's really tiresome. I disagree with lots of things Jackie and many others say but manage to assume they're said in earnest and don't call people trolls. Calling someone a troll is an attempt to shut down conversation. I hope we can all be better than that.

It wasn't quick. I came to a balanced and considered opinion after reading enough of her posts. I don't think it is to anyone's benefit to ignore bullshit. On the contrary, it leads to less confusion.

(We have a cd about ignoring disruptive behavior)

Trolling is about way more than opinions. It's about behavior patterns, language choices, tone...

I don't think you're a troll, fwiw. I disagree with your rather hardcore opinion that's in disagreement with a lot of other people here. You're entitled to have it. And unless I think you're really trying to be disruptive on purpose, I'm not the one you'll see negging you for having it.

Her behavior isn't the same. I called it once already though (elsewhere) , and I listed my reasons. After that, I'm done - beyond telling people on other threads that I have that opinion if I see similar issues arise.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I'm late to the Covid discussion, and tbh, I don't have the energy right now to do proper research and find out who is right and who is wrong. But I feel that saying tests are pointless because they are not 100% accurate is missing the point.

Even if the tests aren't always accurate, that doesn't mean they're useless. Just like masks and social distancing aren't useless, even if they're not 100% safe. That's why we're advised to combine as many precautions as we can and not rely on any one of them.

And yes, some of us might still catch Covid. But maybe, just maybe, we'll catch it a little later, at a time when the hospitals are less overcrowded. Or we might have a less severe case. Or someone else will avoid catching it from us in turn. Those are all better than the alternative.

Just because we haven't found the magic bullet yet, doesn't mean there's no point in doing what we can now. Black-and-white thinking will get us nowhere with this virus.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

JRod would probably try to book her family as performers and when that didn't work, set up the family band just outside the perimiter, and when that didn't work, try to grift some tickets, and when THAT didn't work, settle for passing out tracts outside the gate.

They would go just to pass out tracts and save people. Cant let the pants wearing hussies end up in hell. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They would go just to pass out tracts and save people. Cant let the pants wearing hussies end up in hell. 

Passing tracts at a Christian music festival-- talk about preaching to the choir!!

A one day pass to the festival is $55: https://www.alive.org/tickets

Oh, and Constable Lawson can't bring his gun: https://intercom.help/alive-music-festival/en/articles/2786810-what-can-can-t-i-bring

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:05 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

I'm late to the Covid discussion, and tbh, I don't have the energy right now to do proper research and find out who is right and who is wrong. But I feel that saying tests are pointless because they are not 100% accurate is missing the point.

Even if the tests aren't always accurate, that doesn't mean they're useless. Just like masks and social distancing aren't useless, even if they're not 100% safe. That's why we're advised to combine as many precautions as we can and not rely on any one of them.

And yes, some of us might still catch Covid. But maybe, just maybe, we'll catch it a little later, at a time when the hospitals are less overcrowded. Or we might have a less severe case. Or someone else will avoid catching it from us in turn. Those are all better than the alternative.

Just because we haven't found the magic bullet yet, doesn't mean there's no point in doing what we can now. Black-and-white thinking will get us nowhere with this virus.

Not that a random person on the internet should impact anyone’s views but I remained negative for Covid (3 tests done at different times) despite having a positive toddler sleeping on me, sneezing and coughing on me and stuffing her hands in my mouth. One dose of AZ vaccine apparently provided protection. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

On 6/1/2021 at 4:22 AM, Expectopatronus said:

One dose of AZ vaccine apparently provided protection. 

I'm getting my first AZ shot later today, and I'm ecstatic about it! 

Also, my husband mentioned a few days ago that according to an article he'd read, AZ and Johnson&Johnson just used different approaches in their efficiency studies, and it is in fact highly likely that one dose of AZ is enough (same as with J&J). Now, obviously I'm going to get both shots, as long as that's recommended, but that might be part of the reason why you weren't infected.

Hope your little one is doing better!

• Upvote 9

35 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I'm getting my first AZ shot later today, and I'm ecstatic about it! 

Also, my husband mentioned a few days ago that according to an article he'd read, AZ and Johnson&Johnson just used different approaches in their efficiency studies, and it is in fact highly likely that one dose of AZ is enough (same as with J&J). Now, obviously I'm going to get both shots, as long as that's recommended, but that might be part of the reason why you weren't infected.

Hope your little one is doing better!

I got my first Az shot. Lord my arm was sore for a week. but nothing else. Funny enough all the men at work had “reactions” and went home. Us women just toughed it out. Lol 

I got my first shot two days before my government said AZ was only for over 50. Ah well I didn’t die after the first so I will get the second. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I got my first Az shot. Lord my arm was sore for a week. but nothing else. Funny enough all the men at work had “reactions” and went home. Us women just toughed it out. Lol 

I got my first shot two days before my government said AZ was only for over 50. Ah well I didn’t die after the first so I will get the second. 

We started off with AZ being only for 55 plus and then as we were seeing variants rise my province dropped that restriction. The pharmacist said that the risk of blood clots from the AZ was still smaller than the risk of blood clots from Covid so I wasn’t really worried. 
I was sick for a few days after but nothing serious. Literally counting the weeks to get my second dose. Three other provinces have stopped using the AZ in anyone so I want my shot before we follow suit. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Does this count as kissing? Asking for a friend. B9C89C31-FD73-475D-A3A5-74EF27653037.thumb.png.ad8dfd46b9f1ea4c760640b8849ac54c.png

The BEC in me is saying that bears and bees don't go together. Bears and honey, or bees and honey. Not bears and bees. Come on. ?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The BEC in me is saying that bears and bees don't go together. Bears and honey, or bees and honey. Not bears and bees. Come on. ?

Bears eat the honey that bees make ?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

and birds and bees!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Does this count as kissing? Asking for a friend. B9C89C31-FD73-475D-A3A5-74EF27653037.thumb.png.ad8dfd46b9f1ea4c760640b8849ac54c.png

Yes, I do believe it does.

The Bates parents' courtship rules restrictions guidelines have been taking a beating of late.

Kissed before marriage:

Kelly and Gill - do as we say, not as we did

Zach and Whitney - yes, but they felt really bad about it

Erin and Chad - no and I believe that

Michel and Brandon - oh hell no!

Alyssa and John - yes

Tori and Bobby - hmm, maybe not but she was draped all over him, all the damn time and if I'd had to hear her ask one more time, "Where's my ring" I might have thrown the remote at the TV

Josie and Kelton - yes

Carlin and Evan - said no, but I don't believe it, they were just way to comfortable with each other physically before the wedding

Katie and Travis - poor girl can't even hold his hand, I hope he can keep up on the wedding night

Nathan and Esther - have you seen where he puts his hands? What's a little kiss after that hand placement posted on social media?

Lawson and Tiffany - @Lgirlrocks just provided the proof!

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Mom to Nell said:

Yes, I do believe it does.

The Bates parents' courtship rules restrictions guidelines have been taking a beating of late.

Kissed before marriage:

Kelly and Gill - do as we say, not as we did

Zach and Whitney - yes, but they felt really bad about it

Erin and Chad - no and I believe that

Michel and Brandon - oh hell no!

Alyssa and John - yes

Tori and Bobby - hmm, maybe not but she was draped all over him, all the damn time and if I'd had to hear her ask one more time, "Where's my ring" I might have thrown the remote at the TV

Josie and Kelton - yes

Carlin and Evan - said no, but I don't believe it, they were just way to comfortable with each other physically before the wedding

Katie and Travis - poor girl can't even hold his hand, I hope he can keep up on the wedding night

Nathan and Esther - have you seen where he puts his hands? What's a little kiss after that hand placement posted on social media?

Lawson and Tiffany - @Lgirlrocks just provided the proof!

Nathan and Esther were definitely kissing in that instagram video, just out of the frame. Carlin and Evan are the ones I am not sure I believe either. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic