IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

I believe from following members of the Bates family that Crown College has some sort of Bible certificate. My suspicion has been for a while that that is what Joe pursued well there and also that he was getting to know one of the Bates girls and the whole thing failed.

Yes, he got the bible certificate. It's a two semester commitment, too lazy to look up the course load. However, I imagine if you've had the Bible rammed down your throat since birth, the classes would not be challenging. 

Trace Bates also has this certificate. He actually walked in the graduation with Tori. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Someone on Reddit who claims to have connections to the Duggars (they were verified by the mods on there, for whatever that's worth) says that they heard Lauren is pregnant with a boy and due in the next few months.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

36 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Someone on Reddit who claims to have connections to the Duggars (they were verified by the mods on there, for whatever that's worth) says that they heard Lauren is pregnant with a boy and due in the next few months.

If it’s true, I’m guessing Christian Josiah as the name. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

It Is the same poster that leaked m7 and no one believe it at first, so I will give some credit to the poster claim. Even if it could come from the sex reveal video, since it seems that Lauren said something like "you are having a boy too" 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 16

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

It Is the same poster that leaked m7 and no one believe it at first, so I will give some credit to the poster claim. Even if it could come from the sex reveal video, since it seems that Lauren said something like "you are having a boy too" 

And no big deal about Jed and Katey breaking the girl streak which checks out with Lauren being due first

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

The poster deleted the post on reddit

It looks like they deleted their account. They've talked a lot about how they're worried that their remaining fundie friends will read Reddit and figure out who they are. They did provide plenty of details about themselves that may have made it obvious after a process of elimination.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, indianabones said:

It looks like they deleted their account. They've talked a lot about how they're worried that their remaining fundie friends will read Reddit and figure out who they are. They did provide plenty of details about themselves that may have made it obvious after a process of elimination.

That is possible. Fundies are definitely aware of Reddit. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

The poster deleted the post on reddit

Seems like people were getting really upset saying it was invading Lauren's privacy since they aren't active on social media anymore

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, adidas said:

Sounds legit to me.

I’m more curious about the reasons J&L have gone quiet than her pregnancy state though, tbh. 

Would the Duggar family account post when the baby is born? They could just do a photo like a lot of celebrities do where the just show the hand of the baby while there holding it and announcing the birth and name

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Would the Duggar family account post when the baby is born? They could just do a photo like a lot of celebrities do where the just show the hand of the baby while there holding it and announcing the birth and name

I suppose it depends on whether Lauren and Josiah would be happy with that and if the person running the account respects their wishes. Going on past form I’m not confident about the latter point.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I suppose it depends on whether Lauren and Josiah would be happy with that and if the person running the account respects their wishes. Going on past form I’m not confident about the latter point.

I wonder how difficult it will be for certain members of these large, reality TV families to live WITHOUT the spotlight? I think it would be hard to avoid having a photo show up on another family member’s public SM account. I also think the Bates, on the whole, will have a more difficult time. They seem to be more active on SM vs the Duggars.

• Upvote 5

I'm sure even if it's not directly announced it would be confirmed sooner rather than later as they seem unable to go more than a few months maximum without somehow announcing yet again how many grandkids they have. If the number goes up by one and that one is unaccounted for there would currently be no other realistic possibility other than that it was Josiah and Lauren's  child.

Edited by breakfree
Typos🙃
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Even Anna’s latest was announced. I’m guessing Josiah’s will be announced a week or maybe even more after the birth. But likely by the Duggar main account. They could announce without showing a pic of the baby’s face. 

• Upvote 6

I wonder if people in the public eye announce with a slightly "off" name. Like if you name your kid Rainbow Unicorn Sprinkles - do you maybe just announce the birth of Rainbow Anne...? Just because not everyone needs to know ALL your business? 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even Anna’s latest was announced. I’m guessing Josiah’s will be announced a week or maybe even more after the birth. But likely by the Duggar main account. They could announce without showing a pic of the baby’s face. 

Like the littlest Vuolo. After the NB phase, have we ever seen her photo? I have no idea what she looks like, and I don’t care either.

8 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I wonder if people in the public eye announce with a slightly "off" name. Like if you name your kid Rainbow Unicorn Sprinkles - do you maybe just announce the birth of Rainbow Anne...? Just because not everyone needs to know ALL your business? 

I do follow a blogger who years ago used her kids middle names on her blog. But then she changed it up, and started using their first names, which was quite confusing- I was thinking , who are these kids?

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

I would actually give them some props if they started announcing fake names or not giving them name.  Those kids did nothing to warrant their name being public or tied to the Duggar family other than be born to them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

It’s hard to give any of the kids privacy when the only platform these folks have ever had was talking about prolific procreation (biblically encouraged) and how large families operate. No kids=no show (hear that Jeremy). And fake names would have been hard to manage with so many kids. Didn’t Kelly have a hard time even naming her kids in birth order?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It’s hard to give any of the kids privacy when the only platform these folks have ever had was talking about prolific procreation (biblically encouraged) and how large families operate. No kids=no show (hear that Jeremy). And fake names would have been hard to manage with so many kids. Didn’t Kelly have a hard time even naming her kids in birth order?

In my experience it’s hard even in regular large families keeping all the social media preferences straight! I have a couple family members who don’t want to be on social media -period. One who is ok with a couple of background distance shots of their kids (much like the Vuolos) with an occasional group picture. A couple who post lots with photos and names - one to the way over-sharing cringe point. Several who use nicknames or initials but will post photos. And proud mom and grandma here who wants to do a complete photo spread about everything. 

When I first started posting here I tried having a slightly different family makeup and life details when talking about anything personal, in case anyone in rl also read here —  but it was too hard to remember , and I was worried I’d mess up and be accused of being a troll. 

• Upvote 8

I find this so irritating. I would never think of putting a picture up on any public platform/account if the people in this picture didn’t specifically say it’s ok. I wouldn’t even ask permission, because it feels a bit awkward to me- hey can I show you on my SM to strangers on the internet? Just use photos of yourself or without anyone in it. That shouldn’t be too hard. There are so many options for private accounts or groups in message services. So it isn’t hard to set up a more private room, similar to hanging up photos in your home for everyone stepping inside to see. 
I really don’t get it. I find this “need/want” to display one’s life to strangers a bit concerning. Same for snooping in the accounts of others. But I know that’s a more minority mindset. If you love to share that’s up to you. But in that case you either make sure you respect the wishes of others for privacy, with all the keeping up of preferences, or you don’t post content that includes others. Easy as that.

Edited by just_ordinary

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

In my experience it’s hard even in regular large families keeping all the social media preferences straight! I have a couple family members who don’t want to be on social media -period. One who is ok with a couple of background distance shots of their kids (much like the Vuolos) with an occasional group picture. A couple who post lots with photos and names - one to the way over-sharing cringe point. Several who use nicknames or initials but will post photos. And proud mom and grandma here who wants to do a complete photo spread about everything. 

When I first started posting here I tried having a slightly different family makeup and life details when talking about anything personal, in case anyone in rl also read here —  but it was too hard to remember , and I was worried I’d mess up and be accused of being a troll. 

I’ve never tried to skew/hide my real identity on SM. I figure I have nothing to hide and decided if I was super worried about people knowing who I was, maybe I shouldn’t be using SM at all. I deactivated my rarely used FB acct long ago and my IG is private and I don’t post much. But I do follow others’ accounts, mainly cooking and house decorating stuff.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve never tried to skew/hide my real identity on SM. I figure I have nothing to hide and decided if I was super worried about people knowing who I was, maybe I shouldn’t be using SM at all. I deactivated my rarely used FB acct long ago and my IG is private and I don’t post much. But I do follow others’ accounts, mainly cooking and house decorating stuff.

My concern about putting identifying details out there on forums like this is I have no idea if any of my grown kids maybe also read the same random forum , and I like being able to talk about parenting struggles I had, or family conflict, or how so and so x was a PITA or whatever - without said kid /friend/family member immediately going — hey! I know who that is, I didn’t know that dirt!  But as I said, it’s too complicated and too much effort, so I just avoid names and exact ages. 

• Upvote 8

• 2 months later...

I’ve seen some rumors online that Joshia and Lauren had a baby recently, and that they didn’t attend Jer and Hannah’s wedding because of it. I don’t actually know anything though so huge grain of salt!

But I was just wondering if they, or any of the siblings, do decide to keep their family private (and good for them if they do!) and never announce any new babies publicly how do you think the rest of the family will handle it? Some of them are still quite active on social media. Will they hide the ”secret” children in photos? What a pain in a few years to remember which cousins can be seen and which can not!

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic