IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

6 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I’ve seen some rumors online that Joshia and Lauren had a baby recently, and that they didn’t attend Jer and Hannah’s wedding because of it. I don’t actually know anything though so huge grain of salt!

But I was just wondering if they, or any of the siblings, do decide to keep their family private (and good for them if they do!) and never announce any new babies publicly how do you think the rest of the family will handle it? Some of them are still quite active on social media. Will they hide the ”secret” children in photos? What a pain in a few years to remember which cousins can be seen and which can not!

Yes, they definitely can do it. When it came to the show, everyone attending the wedding wasn’t allowed to post any pics. The Duggars are completely used to not posting pictures of important things. If anyone could remember not to post a picture of a family member, it’s the Duggars. 

• Upvote 8

I think the big issue will be that total number of grandchildren that Jim Bob loves so much. Or do they have so many married kids that he could be like “up to 30 now!” and no one would really know anything?

• Upvote 8

With so many, there's no reason to list them all when they say the number, or who they are from. Not like they mattered as individuals, anyway - just that they increase the number. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

In the case of Joshia and Lauren I understand their desire to keep their life off of social media. Lauren got so much criticism and hate how she was handling her miscarriage. I don’t doubt it must have been hard for her.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 19

59 minutes ago, Smash! said:

In the case of Joshia and Lauren I understand their desire to keep their life off of social media. Lauren got so much criticism and hate how she was handling her miscarriage. I don’t doubt it must have been hard for her.

Agreed. They kept quiet about the miscarriage until it was time to use it as a trailer for the show, then they had to perform. A particularly shitty thing to do to any couple but for a sheltered young woman barely out of her teens??
This is why I give JB & M no slack whatsoever- they have treated their kids like performing animals, reaped the rewards and now expect to be praised for only one turning out to be a predatory criminal.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, Idlewild said:

This is why I give JB & M no slack whatsoever- they have treated their kids like performing animals, reaped the rewards and now expect to be praised for only one turning out to be a predatory criminal.

Oh I think more than one of them will be caught being a predatory criminal. I don’t have any particular one in mind but I doubt there is only one.

• I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh I think more than one of them will be caught being a predatory criminal. I don’t have any particular one in mind but I doubt there is only one.

I would not speculate about the predatory nature, but I do think that JB skirts the law and role models and reinforces how to justify and qualify very poor and greedy behaviors. I would not be surprised if financial crimes have been committed. I also think unhealthy sexual practices were happening and reinforced in that home-

• Upvote 13

On 4/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, they definitely can do it. When it came to the show, everyone attending the wedding wasn’t allowed to post any pics. The Duggars are completely used to not posting pictures of important things. If anyone could remember not to post a picture of a family member, it’s the Duggars. 

There is a difference between not sharing something because you’re under legal contract and not sharing something because your sibling doesn’t want you to. I think eventually somebody will slip up. 

• Upvote 12

After maybe Josh incident.....Its not only Josiah but most of the siblings Jinger, Joy, and recently Jill (has also started not showing faces ) are not sharing pics of their kids ! Jessa is Jessa ..she not only posts mostly kids since the begining (monetize plus avoid posting her pics) and shes a stubborn true Jim Bob heir...nothing can change her viewpoint!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

Didn’t someone already ‘break the rules of a sibling’ when they posted a picture of one of the Vuolo kids? I think it was Anna

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, viii said:

There is a difference between not sharing something because you’re under legal contract and not sharing something because your sibling doesn’t want you to. I think eventually somebody will slip up. 

Slip up or “slip up” because they don’t value their brother’s boundaries enough to respect them.

I sincerely hope it’s not the latter.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Fundielandobserver said:

After maybe Josh incident.....Its not only Josiah but most of the siblings Jinger, Joy, and recently Jill (has also started not showing faces ) are not sharing pics of their kids ! Jessa is Jessa ..she not only posts mostly kids since the begining (monetize plus avoid posting her pics) and shes a stubborn true Jim Bob heir...nothing can change her viewpoint!

They all seem to have handled social media posting differently since Josh’s trial.

Josiah and Lauren — Rarely posted prior.  full shut down, plus deletion of almost all past posts. Only very, very rare glimpses on other people’s media at weddings or holidays. 

Joe and Kendra — Occasionally posted before- mostly kids birthdays, anniversaries, etc — nothing since the trial, including skipping their last kids birthday. 

Jinger - Jeremy - Still posting a ton, but no kids faces, and only occasional blurred/ back of the head photos of the kids. This started pre-trial with minimal posts on kids since their youngest was born.

John & Abbie - Rarely post, but when they do it includes their kid as often as not. usual birthdays, holidays. Show up in other family posts at outings / holidays fairly frequently. So seem more not into social media then changing due to the trial. 

Joy / Austin - seemed to take a short break in January, otherwise posts a fair amount, including some  with kids and lots without. She does really good reels and markets well. Including catchy posts that seemed like she’d be spilling dirt about the trial- but was instead shilling a product. Good for her. Cause f* everyone. They make a cute little country family. 

Jill/ Derrick - Definitely have lessened the amount the kids are on, and increased the amount of posts where their faces aren’t shown - but still has them fully in some posts. Obviously very sponsored, and more upfront about issues than the others, and Derrick is clearly extremely aggressive towards her dad online - but I wonder if that will lessen as Derrick makes more $$$. 

Jessa/ Ben - she has adorable, articulate kids and definitely is making good $$ off her social media. Hasn’t addressed the Josh situation except for two statements.  Which, IMO, is fine.  However any of them want to modify their situation or not is up to them. They didn’t do anything wrong. 

I think it would be impossible for any of them to have additional kids, keep living in the same area and attending the same big family events - without it eventually being shown - too many cousins running around calling out names and chasing each other around. Too many faces crowded around a birthday cake or Christmas tree. While they all kind of blend together, eventually a cousin / Aunt  / in-law / friend will say something casually that will connect a kid to their parent.  Remember that’s how both Jessa and Jill’s courtships came out. An extended family member of Ben’s said something - apparently not knowing it was secret - so Ben was hurriedly introduced by JB  in some weird psa type announcement and immediately worked into the show.  Then when the Duggar’s were on some show talking about it, one of the little girls leaked that Jill was courting too. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I have a quiet fantasy that Josiah has gone all “fuck you, I’m out” on JB. He was the one who had a not-positive reaction to Michelle’s pregnancy announcement with Jubilee. He spent the longest at ALERT. His first courtship broke down after the first (or second?) Josh scandal and there’s long been speculation those things were connected. Then he had to deal with speculation about his sexuality, which continued into marriage because they didn’t get pregnant immediately, then the public miscarriage which Lauren struggled to grieve. I am not surprised he’s pulling out of the public eye and hope he’s also put boundaries up to stop his parents exploiting his children the way they exploited him.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Maybe I’m weird, but I generally don’t like posting pictures of other people’s children to the internet. If parents want to do it, that’s whatever but I feel weird doing it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 15

I post pictures of my daughter - and I do know that there are reasons not to, but that's the choice we made - and I always redact any photos that have other children in them if I am gonna post.  That's pretty uncommon and I can only think of once I know I did it, but since I don't know the parents of her friends at daycare I think it's better to be on the safe side.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

Maybe I’m weird, but I generally don’t like posting pictures of other people’s children to the internet. If parents want to do it, that’s whatever but I feel weird doing it.

It’s actually illegal here to post people on the internet that haven’t given consent (parents on behalf of their children). That’s why schools/nurseries or activities clubs hand out forms to sign, so that you allow to be published (or for your child) in a newspaper or some notice board. It’s different if they end up in your private paper copy, so if you don’t intent to publish them, snap away. Obviously some parents/people might approach you though if they don’t know what your intentions are. 
I think people should look up those kind of legal requirements before going on holiday- just like you check other stuff around driving, public transportation, some behavioural tips and so on. Because I have witnessed quite some rows and tourists are sometimes pretty lax about this and even get annoyed when told off.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

I only post other people's children with their explicit permission and in picture with my own kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 4/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, just_ordinary said:

I think people should look up those kind of legal requirements before going on holiday- just like you check other stuff around driving, public transportation, some behavioural tips and so on. Because I have witnessed quite some rows and tourists are sometimes pretty lax about this and even get annoyed when told off.

100%. My parents took a trip to Mexico and they were touring Chiapas (with a guide, obviously) and the guide told the group NOT to take pictures of anything or anyone before they (meaning the guide) had cleared it with the locals. They said there might be more than one person walking around, who may or may not take part in dubious activities, and who may wish to remain anonymous/not be photographed. The guide said that these are not the type of people who would ask a tourist politely to delete the pictures they took, and they did not want anyone disappearing on their vacation. Not all cases are this extreme, but to your point...

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 9

On 4/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, Smee said:

He was the one who had a not-positive reaction to Michelle’s pregnancy announcement with Jubilee.

When they announced the pregnancy with Jubilee, Josiah smiled and ran off to call someone. This is a hill I'll die on.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

I never watched the video clip before, so of course I had to look it up and I agree that he looked more excited in the brief shot of his face.

It does sound like J’girl (Jana?) says “Josiah don’t call” and JB says “hey don’t call anybody guys” but I don’t get WHY he would run straight to a phone before even saying congrats to his parents or giving someone a hug or smiling for JB’s photo. Who would he be calling? I’ve never seen the original unedited clip (starting to think the existence of a different full-video version with more damning evidence is an old wives tale) and I don’t know how overblown the whole “JB punished him for being upset” theory is. But he also just wanders around behind Michelle looking like he doesn’t know what to do with himself and more upset than happy. Who knows. At any rate, he saw his mother and sister nearly die then mom gets pregnant yet again and exploits their reactions for tv profits because that’s what Duggars do, has a late miscarriage and exploits THAT for TV profit, then when his young wife miscarries her first baby she’s also expected to exploit it for TV profit, plus social media is a bigger thing now and people are not kind. If he and Lauren are putting an end to making a spectacle of pregnancy and birth, then I still fantasise it’s part of a bigger “nope” to JB.

• Upvote 7

I’ve always thought Josiah was just racing off to announce too. In another announcement episode, Joy runs off to call and Josh and Anna while everyone else is still hugging. It makes me think there was a specialness to bring the first to tell.

I think Josiah was squelched in other ways, but that clip seemed normal to me. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Rufus Bless 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

100%. My parents took a trip to Mexico and they were touring Chiapas (with a guide, obviously) and the guide told the group NOT to take pictures of anything or anyone before they (meaning the guide) had cleared it with the locals. They said there might be more than one person walking around, who may or may not take part in dubious activities, and who may wish to remain anonymous/not be photographed. The guide said that these are not the type of people who would ask a tourist politely to delete the pictures they took, and they did not want anyone disappearing on their vacation. Not all cases are this extreme, but to your point...

Depending on where in Chiapas, this makes perfect sense to me. Privacy and anonymity are very important to Zapatistas and their movement. They are regularly targeted by all sorts of Mexican officials. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic