IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I was thinking he could of just lost count, but since he brought up the number and it’s a big milestone number, probably he is very aware. It’s not like saying 27 when you mean 26. 

I am very curious as to who.  Or maybe Kendra had twins ? I would think Jessa or Jinger, except their recent house tours didn’t sound like a baby was known to be in the works. They both have plenty of spare space - but the phrasing and set up for each seemed off for a baby in the next 6 months. Although Jessa co-sleeps, so maybe would have both Fern and a newborn in with them for a bit, but still, I’d think she’d have set up a crib/toddler bed in the room with Ivy ready to transition Fern to, since that’s the eventual plan. Especially since it was a new move and room set up anyway. 

I don't think there is a secret baby, I think someone is pregnant and due before Joy. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don't think there is a secret baby, I think someone is pregnant and due before Joy. 

Oh yea, I didn’t mean I think Jessa or Jinger has a secret baby stashed away, just that they both very recently moved to new homes and did video tours of their homes. If either was currently pregnant at the time of setting up their new houses, I think they would of set them up and talked about them a little differently.  A more recently discovered pregnancy maybe, but I don’t think that works with the timeline of being due before Joy. 

Just now, Mama Mia said:

Oh yea, I didn’t mean I think Jessa or Jinger has a secret baby stashed away, just that they both very recently moved to new homes and did video tours of their homes. If either was currently pregnant at the time of setting up their new houses, I think they would of set them up and talked about them a little differently.  A more recently discovered pregnancy maybe, but I don’t think that works with the timeline of being due before Joy. 

That's especially true in Jinger's case as they actually moved in August. There was no nursery set up at that time. We've seen recent pics of her, and she's as slim as ever, so it's highly unlikely that she's having the mysterious #29.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I actually have forged a smidge of respect for Siah and Lauren since they left social media. I do wonder how that marriage is doing though> She was sooooooooooo miserable at that stupid "marriage retreat" where she'd been married all of 5 minutes. Wearing that hat. Josiah...idk....he can't help looking like Josh. But I wonder what he thinks of his life.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Honestly, I think Lauren and Siah probably have a better chance of being happy and enjoying a healthy family life by flying off radar. They are actively not soliciting followers which means they are sheltered from the haters as well as rabid fans. My nosey side wants to know what Siah does to make money but good for them for not publishing this. Bella and baby could attend school etc without having the paparazzi snapping photos. 
Both of them are artsy and quirky and I have hope for them to break free

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Honestly, I think Lauren and Siah probably have a better chance of being happy and enjoying a healthy family life by flying off radar. They are actively not soliciting followers which means they are sheltered from the haters as well as rabid fans. My nosey side wants to know what Siah does to make money but good for them for not publishing this. Bella and baby could attend school etc without having the paparazzi snapping photos. 
Both of them are artsy and quirky and I have hope for them to break free

They're not going anywhere. Josiah recently purchased a large plot of land from JB that is adjacent to the TTH

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3

17 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I actually have forged a smidge of respect for Siah and Lauren since they left social media. I do wonder how that marriage is doing though> She was sooooooooooo miserable at that stupid "marriage retreat" where she'd been married all of 5 minutes. Wearing that hat. Josiah...idk....he can't help looking like Josh. But I wonder what he thinks of his life.

She was miserable at the retreat because she was pregnant and felt like crap, but she hadn’t announced yet, so she couldn’t say so.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I occasionally check in Josiah's ex Marjorie, living the hip fundy-lite (but hardcore Republican) single life in DC: https://www.instagram.com/marjorie.e.jackson/ 

She'd probably be pregnant with kid #3 by now , and college degree-less, if she had stayed with Josiah.

She looks great and happy in the photos.  I agree....Marjorie dodged a huge bullet.   

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Her sister married a guy who will likely be a doctor in a few years. I’m guessing Marj will aim high when it comes to marriage expectations. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

On 12/6/2022 at 12:03 AM, marmalade said:

They're not going anywhere. Josiah recently purchased a large plot of land from JB that is adjacent to the TTH

He works for his Dad in one of the family businesses.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

He works for his Dad in one of the family businesses.

Pretty sure he's in construction. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2022 at 6:28 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

She was miserable at the retreat because she was pregnant and felt like crap, but she hadn’t announced yet, so she couldn’t say so.

yeah, I remember this well. She had to go off and lie down and in all the talking heads she said repeatedly that it was morning sickness but the narrative still remains that she was just totally stuck up/miserable. She does seem quite sensitive and high emotion, also naturally introverted, and I think the fallout of her marriage to Josiah was far more overwhelming than she expected - but I have never read her the way other people do. I think she and Josiah are probably a decent match and it's a relief they've realised they can keep their privacy.

• Upvote 6

On 12/6/2022 at 11:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her sister married a guy who will likely be a doctor in a few years. I’m guessing Marj will aim high when it comes to marriage expectations. 

By "high", you mean rich? 

• Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, Jackie3 said:

Well, "not employed by his Daddy" is a pretty low bar so 'high' could just mean "Has a decent-paying,  normal people job" and "Rich Doctor" would be shooting for the stars by comparison 🙈

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, Jackie3 said:

I think Marjorie has a lot of ambition. I see her with some Fox News guy or some up and coming politician. I could see her going for someone a little older who already has something going on in his career.

Thank god she broke it off with Josiah. She was way too young to make that commitment at 17.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think Marjorie has a lot of ambition. I see her with some Fox News guy or some up and coming politician. I could see her going for someone a little older who already has something going on in his career.

Thank god she broke it off with Josiah. She was way too young to make that commitment at 17.

I could also see that. Someone educated, successful, and very right wing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 12/11/2022 at 12:19 AM, JDuggs said:

I really wonder what she and her DC friends make of the Josiah episode at this distance. It might be really funny to them - they're in such a different world from the Duggars and it's likely they look down on them at least a little, even if they don't mean to.

I'm very conflicted about Marjorie. I genuinely admire her for stepping away from that sad little life she could have had, for pursuing her ambition, career, education, generally living her best life. But my god, she's crazy dangerous. Her politics are terrifying, and she wraps them all up in such a cute slick appealing instagram-friendly package. That's much more insidious than the Duggar brand, I think.

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I really wonder what she and her DC friends make of the Josiah episode at this distance. It might be really funny to them - they're in such a different world from the Duggars and it's likely they look down on them at least a little, even if they don't mean to.

I'm very conflicted about Marjorie. I genuinely admire her for stepping away from that sad little life she could have had, for pursuing her ambition, career, education, generally living her best life. But my god, she's crazy dangerous. Her politics are terrifying, and she wraps them all up in such a cute slick appealing instagram-friendly package. That's much more insidious than the Duggar brand, I think.

I agree. I doubt a Duggar could get elected for a higher position but I could easily see Marj marrying someone who could. And if she married a right wing senator, they will be a much more dangerous couple than Josiah and Lauren. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. I doubt a Duggar could get elected for a higher position but I could easily see Marj marrying someone who could. And if she married a right wing senator, they will be a much more dangerous couple than Josiah and Lauren. 

The good thing is that the internet will never forget that she was "engaged"  to a duggar 

That will (hopefully) be the lead in any story written about her and her future husband and may help to deter anyone with serious intent in politics from picking her.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

The good thing is that the internet will never forget that she was "engaged"  to a duggar 

That will (hopefully) be the lead in any story written about her and her future husband and may help to deter anyone with serious intent in politics from picking her.

Politicians and the public have short memories. No one seems to care that Kimberly Guilfoyle was once married to Gavin Newsom.

Marjorie was 17 years old and courting, not engaged to, a Duggar boy who can’t be held accountable for his brother. I don’t think people will care about someone Marjorie held hands with as a teenager.

I agree that Marjorie is much more dangerous in D.C. than she would be as Josiah’s wife. I think she’s much happier with the path she’s chosen.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Politicians and the public have short memories. No one seems to care that Kimberly Guilfoyle was once married to Gavin Newsom.

Marjorie was 17 years old and courting, not engaged to, a Duggar boy who can’t be held accountable for his brother. I don’t think people will care about someone Marjorie held hands with as a teenager.

I agree that Marjorie is much more dangerous in D.C. than she would be as Josiah’s wife. I think she’s much happier with the path she’s chosen.

I used engaged because as we well know on here that courting is basically engaged in fundie land. I should have put it in "" to express my sarcasm.

Yes the public have short memories but the internet is forever and any good reporter worth their salt is going to want to grab on to a tag line that may raise interest in reading their story. And this is the most interesting/scandalous thing about a very boring person. 

Yes Josiah is not his brother and is innocent but he is still a duggar and that comes with stigma whether he deserves it or not. 

• Thank You 1

I think the internet makes sure that we never forget. So if Marj did marry some well known senator or congressman, people would be like, “remember when…”

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 12/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, JDuggs said:

It was a different time, she had a different face.

Spoiler

image.png.8af9863465532f4279b627b0782573a8.png

When she was married to Newsome she resembled Anne Hathaway, now she's a cautionary tale of plastic surgery engaged to a Trump.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic