IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

It was Trace. But still, never forget Kelly's "Patriotic Room" with the picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Recall that she claimed ignorance about who he was. 

Bigotry apparently dies hard in that family. 

Am I the only one that thinks they could be KKK members?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, 16strong said:

Am I the only one that thinks they could be KKK members?

Anderson County has quite a history with KKK and other white nationalists. It is quite scary. I say this as a person who watched a documentary about the school bombing there back during the end of segregation and recognized a face from my own family on the wrong side.  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

It was Trace. But still, never forget Kelly's "Patriotic Room" with the picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Recall that she claimed ignorance about who he was. 

Bigotry apparently dies hard in that family. 

It sounded like Nathan to me and it was coming from off camera. But it doesn't matter which one it was, I am sure they all share the same views. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

It sounded like Nathan to me and it was coming from off camera. But it doesn't matter which one it was, I am sure they all share the same views. 

Definitely. And Nathan’s new sister in law who dropped out of the wedding is married to a biracial man. A biracial man whose fundie black father doesn’t seem to put up with racism. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

So a black man being hunted and killed is funny  to them, plus have no issues saying so while around others, children and while being filmed. I know George Floyd wasn't hunted, but, it clearly shows not only their ignorance, but, their racist beliefs are present daily and aren't an issue to them. 

Why did she take it down? LOL I know why, but, why? Who alerted her that there was an issue with it? She clearly posted it, thinking it was just fine.

Took a look at her Insta, I'm seeing the prep for today, Christmas Tree farm from yesterday, then cut to today, out til 2am, now at Dunkin and back to the store getting ready for the reveal today. They have food, it's a full on party.

Looked at some others in the family.  Chad & Erin are spending the day at the zoo per their post. I know it's been discussed, but, yeah, I'm going with there is a split of some sort right now. I mean their whole shtick is babies for Jesus and they're not going to be there to celebrate the 'gender' of another being born into the cult?

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Why did she take it down? LOL I know why, but, why? Who alerted her that there was an issue with it? She clearly posted it, thinking it was just fine.

Snarkers alerted her to it. She received comments and DMs about it. She apologized over Dms and said she disagreed with the comment and that it was disrespectful and hurtful. I would believe her more if she posted that publically like she posted the story publically, but then her brother probably wouldnt take it well.

19 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Looked at some others in the family.  Chad & Erin are spending the day at the zoo per their post. I know it's been discussed, but, yeah, I'm going with there is a split of some sort right now. I mean their whole shtick is babies for Jesus and they're not going to be there to celebrate the 'gender' of another being born into the cult?

It is looking more and more like there has been a riff between Carlin and Erin.

• Upvote 9

Ther is definitely a rift between Erin and Carlin, but Erin has also missed every family event in the last five months excpet Nate's wedding and a filmed playdate at the park, but doesn't have any issue travelling since she went to both that conference and the concert in th last few months. Josie and Lawson have posted about going to her house, so she is seeing some of her siblings just not going to th big things.  Something made her step back. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

Snarkers alerted her to it. She received comments and DMs about it. She apologized over Dms and said she disagreed with the comment and that it was disrespectful and hurtful. I would believe her more if she posted that publically like she posted the story publically, but then her brother probably wouldnt take it well.

It is looking more and more like there has been a riff between Carlin and Erin.

Figured it may have been something like that. Sorry, but I don't agree with her apology that she disagreed and it was hurtful. I saw the video on FB, it was very clear, not muffled, she was there, filmed it, posted it, so clearly no issues.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Figured it may have been something like that. Sorry, but I don't agree with her apology that she disagreed and it was hurtful. I saw the video on FB, it was very clear, not muffled, she was there, filmed it, posted it, so clearly no issues.

She claimed she didnt hear it before posting. I dont know if i believe her or not, but i believe she didnt know to recognize it was an inapropiate comment until people pointed it out, otherwise she would have never posted it. She clearly cares enough about her public image to trow the brother under the bus.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

In her "apology" she claims she didn't hear it because it was in the background. I have no reason to believe her. She heard it and had no problem until people reacted to it. 

It's a typical apology these days...apologize if someone had their feelings hurt but don't actually apologize for the issue at hand. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

what do you all think she's having ? 

they seemed like they want a boy so bad especially evan  

I hope no one on her social media gives her any attention about the new baby after that video she posted. I don’t buy her apology one bit. She is trying to pull a Kelly and pretend she didn’t realize the racist stuff. It wouldn’t have been said unless the family was regularly amused by things like that. That video, just like the KKK shrine and the starving horse pictures show the real Bates.  The  family members who were there need to be shunned by people magazine and all sponsors. It is long past time for this family to be take down. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I think Carlin is the same as all the bates: racist enough to think that" joking" about a murdered man is "fun". I think the only reason she took down the video is money. Sponsors might not be so happy to pay out if Carlin's (and the rest of the Bates - especially Nathan) racism is showing. 

I also suspect that the rift between Carlin and Erin comes down to money and vanity. I suspect that maybe the  boutique /Whitney chose not to hire Chad for the renos - which probably meant a big loss of income just when Erin's illness would need an influx of cash . I also think that both Erin and Carlin want to be the "it" girl. Erin was that for a long time but now Carlin is in the running. I suspect that this competition also helped break up the relationship with regards to the clinic as I suspect both wanted to be in charge. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The Bates family is full of children wanting attention. I’m sure growing up, they all wanted attention from their parents and competed for it. You just can’t give each child enough attention when you have 19.  It’s impossible. As they got social media, their need for attention turned into the form of likes and positive comments. They need so much attention and I’m sure it breeds resentment, jealousy, and bitterness amongst some of them. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Having seen a video where they were prepping for said reveal, I’m baffled.  Carlin & Whitney spray painted the white vases which had been clear.  For that?  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Having seen a video where they were prepping for said reveal, I’m baffled.  Carlin & Whitney spray painted the white vases which had been clear.  For that?  

To meet Carlin’s aesthetic… 🤷‍♀️
I mean clear or coloured ? I suppose some people like the small details. 

• Upvote 1

I hope people are giving Trace or Nathan just as much [emoji90] about the George Floyd comment . I know she posted it but they said it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

FUCK YOU Bates!  The hate for people who don't fit into your narrow-minded world view is crystal clear.  I hope every single one of you lose your sponsorships and never offered any more.  I also hope one day every single skeleton comes flying out of your closets, and the world realizes how hateful and bat shit crazy you are.  Again, FUCK YOU!

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

FUCK YOU Bates!  The hate for people who don't fit into your narrow-minded world view is crystal clear.  I hope every single one of you lose your sponsorships and never offered any more.  I also hope one day every single skeleton comes flying out of your closets, and the world realizes how hateful and bat shit crazy you are.  Again, FUCK YOU!

Your words to gods ears 

• Upvote 7

Thank you to the commenters on here mentioning the George Floyd comment. It SHOULD NOT be swept under the rug. It's a red flag of the ugliness under the cheaply polished surface of the Bates family. They are judgmental, and the males in the family are nearly unbearable with how pompous they are. They are racists. It's clear and simple. They are from the Tennessee hills, and they are racists. Sexists as well. Child abusers as well. I am writing a letter of complaint to their network. The comment about George Floyd, and those horrible pictures on the wall. Right there is enough. Cancel culture ..... CANCEL THEM!

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

their time will come just like the duggars 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Exactly. No more sponsors, no more magazine articles about their weddings. They need a full shunning. 
I’m sure the whole family is annoyed with Carlin right now. She pulled back the curtain and showed the truth about the family. I watched the video and no one seemed slightly bothered by what was said. They are smiling and laughing like this is a normal thing. And he is practically screaming it in her ear so no way she couldn’t have heard it. None of them react like something horrible was just said. It is clear this is normal for them. They just thought Carlin would have the sense to not post it. 

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Carlin has no common sense…. 

I bet they will want to monitor what she posts from now on! I think she is so used to those sort of statements that she had zero idea that there would be a backlash. I don’t think she ever considers anything more than “do I look cute?”. Her apology is “I’m sorry I posted a video of an offensive joke”. She might still not grasp that this sort of a thing could bring down her entire family brand. 
That was said in front of the camera crew, I wonder how much racism they have to edit out of the show. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

Remember when Lawson was at the Washington monument to listen to trump speak before the insurrection? He claimed he never went to the insurrection but he was at the rally that led up to it. He didn’t get much push back then. They won’t get much push back now. The Bateses will have to do something extremely overtly racist for their show to get cancelled. I know they are racists. But people will give them excuses this time around. 

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic