IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why do you think that they are no longer involved with IBLP? Gothard was never a church; his work is a series of materials and retreats. It is materials and ideas meant to supplement church material. What makes you think any of the Bates have given up the basic ideas in Gothardism? And don’t say skirts, because there have always been IBLP families who were not skirts only.

I see no evidence any of the Bates have walked away from IBLP

She said in her Instagram comments some years ago:

We are not affiliated with the ministry or Mr. Gothard in anyway at all, nor do we support. Thank you for your concern.

And added: 

I am speaking solely for Chad and I! Each family makes their own decisions. But for us, we do not support or encourage. Blessings!

However, her image online and on the show are very much tinged with IBLP and ATI type language and behavior. In my opinion, you can denounce a label all you want but your behavior tells the real story. In other words, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

Goodness, I’d forgotten about the younger Bates kids “home alone”; I think they are aged 19-10 and there’s eight of them! Carlin and Evan must be looking after them. 

Ellie is in Florida with Alyssa this week. 

26 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

She said in her Instagram comments some years ago:

And added: 

However, her image online and on the show are very much tinged with IBLP and ATI type language and behavior. In my opinion, you can denounce a label all you want but your behavior tells the real story. In other words, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

We discussed her comments when she said them and it was very carefully worded to make people believe she was saying something she wasn’t. Of course she wasn’t an IBLP affiliate, she was still spotted at IBLP events around that time, though.  And her parents had shoved Gothard out by that point so obviously she wasn’t associated with him.  Her words were fairly meaningless. That was also around the time Lawson told a blatant lie about his dad’s involvement with IBLP and the Bates were doing a lot of misdirection on their social media to make people think they weren’t hosting IBLP events. Moral of the story is that the Bates aren’t exactly honest folks. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Evan posted a video on Instagram of Layla’s blow out diaper 🤢

No one wants to see poop. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Those people cannot breathe or fart without posting it on social media. It’s really unhealthy. They need to live their lives, in the real world. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Poor Layla. Just the ting you want floating round the internett when you get older.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looked like nutella to me. Funny in theory, but I think people forget their kids are going to grow up and whatever is shared about them on the internet is forever.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We discussed her comments when she said them and it was very carefully worded to make people believe she was saying something she wasn’t. Of course she wasn’t an IBLP affiliate, she was still spotted at IBLP events around that time, though.  And her parents had shoved Gothard out by that point so obviously she wasn’t associated with him.  Her words were fairly meaningless. That was also around the time Lawson told a blatant lie about his dad’s involvement with IBLP and the Bates were doing a lot of misdirection on their social media to make people think they weren’t hosting IBLP events. Moral of the story is that the Bates aren’t exactly honest folks. 

I agree. I can say I am not something all I want. But if I still espouse those values and still live that life, it is all pretty worthless. I was simply responding to someone who was asking why people would think any of them weren't affiliated with IBLP. I have seen quite a few people quote the statements of Erin and Lawson and say "see they are are different now." However, as I said, you can call it what you want but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... 

All of them, including Carlin fall into that category too. I don't care how many pairs of jeans she owns or how many holes are in such jeans. She still uses the language and techniques that they were all taught growing up. It might be interesting to see how some of the new daughters-in-law might be about raising children. 

• Upvote 6

Half of the comments on Evan’s blowout diaper video think that it is staged (not poop), but still find it hilarious. I agree that it’s faked (her diaper and cream colored pants are pristine and it doesn’t look like real poop) but I find the whole idea so stupid. The Stewarts aren’t showing their real life. They’re just actors in their own sitcom/drama playing themselves. It’s such a bizarre way to live and to make a living, but I guess there are lots of people doing it. It gives me a ton more respect for people like Tori Bates and Lauren Duggar who are at this point just living authentic lives.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

In her latest Instagram story, she mentions sizing her bridesmaid dress up from a size 0 to a size 2 to make room for her expanding belly.  Why mention the size?   Perhaps so her followers can be envious of how tiny she is. 🙄

I just found it annoying an unnecessary to mention the size.  Rant over.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

In her latest Instagram story, she mentions sizing her bridesmaid dress up from a size 0 to a size 2 to make room for her expanding belly.  Why mention the size?   Perhaps so her followers can be envious of how tiny she is. 🙄

I just found it annoying an unnecessary to mention the size.  Rant over.

Because Carlin is vain af. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

In all honesty, I don’t think any child will get shamed over one or two pictures of poop explosions when they where babies/toddlers. It’s terrifying yet fascinating how many people on Social Media (popular accounts or not) think that’s great content to share. The way those parents desperately act and state things will be much more of a issue. Not for those children though- Layla will live in quite the bubble so probably be fine. 

I also don’t think there is a problem with mentioning how tiny or big you are. Everyone can see she is really slim. People get so sensitive over weight it’s really irritating. So she is really slim and obviously has bounced back quickly and completely. Why not be proud of it? Just like you can be proud of your stretch marks, after baby bump, extra pounds and love the “new” look of your body. Both mindsets are fine. Being vain is truly one of Carlin’s lesser negative traits. At least to me. I can deal with vanity much better then her houlier then you, Jesus, fundamentalist, forcing people to your standards, judgemental and children abusing parenting methods ways. 

Bah and now I fee like I am white knighting, even though I find her utterly obnoxious and unbearable.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

What I hate most is just using your children as a way to make money. I respect the celebrities that keep their kids off of social media. The children have not chosen to be on tv, YouTube, or Instagram. It’s just like the Duggars making all their money off of their kids. They didn’t have a normal childhood. I don’t think it’s normal to grow up with a camera constantly in your face. I have already forbidden my 9 year old from having a YouTube channel. He thinks it would be so cool. Nope. Sorry. Not happening. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What I hate most is just using your children as a way to make money. I respect the celebrities that keep their kids off of social media. The children have not chosen to be on tv, YouTube, or Instagram. It’s just like the Duggars making all their money off of their kids. They didn’t have a normal childhood. I don’t think it’s normal to grow up with a camera constantly in your face. I have already forbidden my 9 year old from having a YouTube channel. He thinks it would be so cool. Nope. Sorry. Not happening. 

The large number of kids is why the Duggars and Bateses were ever granted TV shows, and a media presence. For the Duggars, the follow up show was called “Counting On…” even a moron could reason what the counting on was referring to. Without all those kid$ there would have been no $hows. Now the Vuolos really crack me up. They want the public career and money a$$ociated, but are trying the celebrity approach of protecting their children. What they are missing is a skill or talent that many people would be willing to pay large amounts of money to consume. You have to compare apples to apples. You have to be known for something more than the number of children you have or CSA. You can’t give kids or your family privacy when the kids are your bread and butter-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Wow Evan dressed his toddler! What a wonderful dad! 

I think the "dad dressed the kid by himself" was something to praise in 1950. But we are in 2021, dads dress kids every day, they are expected to do it and to do it right. It irritates me when people praise it AND when they show a ill-dressed baby because dad is a man who cannot handle it.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Wow Evan dressed his toddler! What a wonderful dad! 

I think the "dad dressed the kid by himself" was something to praise in 1950. But we are in 2021, dads dress kids every day, they are expected to do it and to do it right. It irritates me when people praise it AND when they show a ill-dressed baby because dad is a man who cannot handle it.

And the way she worded it… “all by himself”, as if he was a five year old tying his shoes for the first time. It’s ridiculous. 

My husband is getting our kid dressed on most weekdays, because he’s home right now and I’m off to work early. He’d think I was crazy if I started praising him for that.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

And the way she worded it… “all by himself”, as if he was a five year old tying his shoes for the first time. It’s ridiculous. 

Yeah if her caption was “Evan put the cutest outfit on Layla today and I just had to show y’all,” then I wouldn’t even blink at it. But of course we have to infantilize men and praise them for doing something that should be commonplace for them. I’ve wondered before if the same women who do that are trying to work some positive reinforcement into it to try to get less involved husbands to be more involved through praise, but psychology is evil so probably not. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My husband dressed our babies about a million times and I never posted about it on social media. Well until now! It’s completely expected from a father. He is a parent. In my family, fathers parenting is the norm and no more special than a mother parenting. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband dressed our babies about a million times and I never posted about it on social media. Well until now! It’s completely expected from a father. He is a parent. In my family, fathers parenting is the norm and no more special than a mother parenting. 

To be fair, even in circles with well educated women and both parents working, while many dads are more involved in parenting nowadays, on average women still do a lot more “everyday” childcare and household chores than men. At least that’s what it’s like here (Germany).

And we did get quite a few surprised looks and questions when people heard I only took mandatory minimum statutory maternity leave (6 weeks before and 8 weeks after birth), while my husband stayed home with baby boy for a full year. 

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

To be fair, even in circles with well educated women and both parents working, while many dads are more involved in parenting nowadays, on average women still do a lot more “everyday” childcare and household chores than men. At least that’s what it’s like here (Germany).

And we did get quite a few surprised looks and questions when people heard I only took mandatory minimum statutory maternity leave (6 weeks before and 8 weeks after birth), while my husband stayed home with baby boy for a full year. 

Oh it definitely happens in mainstream homes. I would argue that if you asked all the mainstream American women why they filed for divorce, some of them would say because things were so unequal in the marriage. I have a friend who divorced her husband because of it. She had two kids to take care of and she felt like her husband was a third. They both worked full time and he never pulled his weight enough with the kids and housework. She constantly talked about it but he never put in the effort. If a woman’s life is easier as a single mom, then you know the husband was a lazy ass. I’m sure the pandemic just made things way more unequal in households. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I took it to mean he got her ready all by himself . . . and the outcome was cute. 

I'm not white knighting, either. I just would probably say the same thing. 

My husband dresses my daughter all the time. But he doesn't always come out with a cute, picture-perfect, matching outfit. If he put together a really good one, I'd be impressed. 

I think Carlin just wanted to show off Evan's fashion sense with his daughter. 

I'm also curious of the ages of people saying they won't put their kids on social media. I'm in my late twenties and every parent I know, am friends with, cousins, etc. puts stories up of their kids basically all day. It's how we connect socially and let people see our child grow up, since the utopian dream of a neighborhood community with grandma and grandpa and my best friend and her kids as neighbors isn't a reality. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

I took it to mean he got her ready all by himself . . . and the outcome was cute. 

I'm not white knighting, either. I just would probably say the same thing. 

My husband dresses my daughter all the time. But he doesn't always come out with a cute, picture-perfect, matching outfit. If he put together a really good one, I'd be impressed. 

I think Carlin just wanted to show off Evan's fashion sense with his daughter. 

I'm also curious of the ages of people saying they won't put their kids on social media. I'm in my late twenties and every parent I know, am friends with, cousins, etc. puts stories up of their kids basically all day. It's how we connect socially and let people see our child grow up, since the utopian dream of a neighborhood community with grandma and grandpa and my best friend and her kids as neighbors isn't a reality. 

This. Most of our family is far away..instagram is pretty much the only way they keep up with my kids, so I post pictures and videos and little updates. Almost every parent I know does the same. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

I'm also curious of the ages of people saying they won't put their kids on social media. I'm in my late twenties and every parent I know, am friends with, cousins, etc. puts stories up of their kids basically all day.

Late thirties - no photos of baby boy on my social media whatsoever. I share the occasional photo with close friends or family in a WhatsApp message, but that’s it. 

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic