IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

Carlin continues to Instagram her life here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Kudos to Carlin for not being pregnant yet.  I keep thinking there has to be an announcement coming. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Kudos to Carlin for not being pregnant yet.  I keep thinking there has to be an announcement coming. 

Maybe, just maybe, the realities of having a rough year and introduction to parenthood has made these 2 make different choices? Of all the couples we talk about, these 2 present as so immature and clueless when it comes to parenting. It’s unfortunate that their child is the one with some extra medical needs.

• Upvote 20

In the new Instastory from yesterday Carlin and Evan do a picnic with Layla and a pizza. There were the commercial breaks where Carlin was selling skin care products. However, my question is why was the blanket half up in the air and half on the ground. Was this a photo shoot? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

My friend did a picnic recently with her toddler and homemade pizza her husband made. In fact, her son suggested the picnic. She said he ran up and stomped on the food as they were laying it out, screaming, "no pizza!" and ran off. They were able to salvage some for themselves, but got a good laugh out of it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

Carlin is doing a Q + A now. Couldn’t stand that her sisters were getting all of the attention for revealing that they kissed before marriage. I bet she’ll answer the kiss question. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

Which of the Bates sisters kissed before marriage? I know that Zach and Whitney did...

Alyssa and Josie 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Really? Wow. Where did they share this information? 

(And, thank you for responding to my question!)

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

Really? Wow. Where did they share this information? 

(And, thank you for responding to my question!)

They both have done Instagram Q&A things over the past week or so. It was one of the questions asked (apparently the most popular one asked to Alyssa). 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

They both have done Instagram Q&A things over the past week or so. It was one of the questions asked (apparently the most popular one asked to Alyssa). 

Alyssa Q&A was on her youtube channel.

• Upvote 5

Just now, llucie said:

Alyssa Q&A was on her youtube channel.

Sorry, yes it was. I just saw on Instagram that she was taking questions and that it was posted. 

• Upvote 3

Lawson and Tiffany  are on CarVans YouTube this week.  Kelly gifted them a trip to Asheville for Carlin’s birthday.  

Carlin ironed a hole in her dress.  

Lawson says that he and Tiffany have been “talking” about 7 months ( then jokes that the Biltmore is thei starter house)

• Upvote 9

Carlin in her q and a said that the plan at the moment is to homeschool but that may change as they still have a few years to decide... phhhmm we will see. 

• Upvote 15

Hopefully Carlin will opt to send Layla to school, maybe not immediately but at some point. I think that Carlin would enjoy expanding her social circle with school moms and play dates for Layla. Here’s hoping!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, Angelface said:

Hopefully Carlin will opt to send Layla to school, maybe not immediately but at some point. I think that Carlin would enjoy expanding her social circle with school moms and play dates for Layla. Here’s hoping!

The problem.with Bates is that they homeschool with videos and it's too easy. Kids watch TV while mamas clean or take a shower or whatever. They don't invest effort in homeschooling (Erin said she does, but with a toddler and a baby and a business, I doubt it). In addition, Those moms are not going to face how bad their schooling is, because all the families in their circle use the same videos or worse. Maybe if Carlin gets overwhelmed, she will send Layla to a school, but if Layla is "easy" and they don't have a ton of kids, Carlin won't feel she needs a school. 

I doubt any Bates will send kids to school by now. I had hope with Zach, but after leaving the police job I think he will never send kids to school. He's too close to his parents and Erin, Whit, Carlin and Tori are besties. None of them can break such a big rule. 

• Upvote 14

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Carlin in her q and a said that the plan at the moment is to homeschool but that may change as they still have a few years to decide... phhhmm we will see. 

The beauty was that she said they have a few years to "decided." 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not against responsible homeschooling, and for that reason I'm really hoping that Carlin doesn't homeschool.

The fact that she didn't immediately say "we're homeschooling for sure!" gives me a small bit of hope.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am so behind on the Bates news. When and why did Zach leave his police offer job?

He didn't really disclose why he left other than saying he wanted to spend more time with his family. This appears to have happened last fall, at least that's when they showed him cutting down a tree on the show. It could have been sooner, but that's when UP was filming. They took a big break while covid ran rampant through the Bates family late summer/early fall.

Edited by marmalade
Clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am so behind on the Bates news. When and why did Zach leave his police offer job?

He left it months ago (not sure if they said the exact time). He is working with Gil in the tree business. Apparently the police schedule was too hard for his family life.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Wasn’t it the Bates who went to a real school for a day as a gimmick on the show? Met Kelly Jo’s old chemistry teacher or something? I can imagine that for some of them, seeing what they were missing out on and seeing their mom have a positive relationship and experience with a teacher, may have made them feel resentful and deprived, even to a small extent. I can picture Carlin experiencing that and seeing tv shows and movies about kids going to school and wanting to fit in and be more mainstream by sending her kids to school. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I can picture Carlin experiencing that and seeing tv shows and movies about kids going to school and wanting to fit in and be more mainstream by sending her kids to school

She may dream of schools and cheerleaders as seen in the movies, but she works with Erin and Whitney, who are 100% homeschoolers and I doubt Carlin has non-homeschooling friends. That's why sending Layla to school wouldn't make her "fit", but the opposite. I think Carlin is very insecure and she will never do something that her family doesn't approve.

My only hope is that Josie and Kelton send their kids to the private school Balkas attended. But I doubt they will, because I think Josie's friends are also homeschoolers.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

Wasn’t it the Bates who went to a real school for a day as a gimmick on the show? Met Kelly Jo’s old chemistry teacher or something? I can imagine that for some of them, seeing what they were missing out on and seeing their mom have a positive relationship and experience with a teacher, may have made them feel resentful and deprived, even to a small extent. I can picture Carlin experiencing that and seeing tv shows and movies about kids going to school and wanting to fit in and be more mainstream by sending her kids to school. 

They visited Kelly Jo's hometown of Spartanburg SC and Kelly Jo brought everyone over to her public high school alma mater.  The kids sat at the classroom desks at one point and pretty much extolled the virtues of homeschooling and how lucky they were to be educated by their mom in such a small intimate setting as opposed to the horrors of sitting in a desk in a large, impersonal classroom.   It was like watching a PSA promoting homeschooling.  If any of them had any secret burning desire to attend regular school, they didn't show it in that episode.   

Like others, I had hope for Zach and Whitney's kids attending a "real" school but that's not going to happen any time soon if at all.  Whitney's desire to fit in with her sisters-in-law is too strong.  I still remember Whitney on one episode of BUB extolling the virtues of swimming in a skirt and I still don't know who she was trying to convince more-the TV audience or herself.    

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic