IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

8 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Why is Carlin in a coat and Layla is in a tiny tube top and shorts?

B5745F31-3745-4839-95D4-3536A612842B.png

Someone asked her in the stories and she said she is the one overdressed because she is cold when pregnant. Evan was in shorts too.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

When I saw Layla in those stories I thought once again how aptly named this thread is! Why IS Layla a naked hippy baby, indeed 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, lonedn said:

When I saw Layla in those stories I thought once again how aptly named this thread is! Why IS Layla a naked hippy baby, indeed 🙄

But it's ok because Carlin said Layla sweats a lot.

• Upvote 4

It looks more like a skirt they have pulled up. Looks horrible. 

Layla is the worst dressed baby I have ever seen. It misses any possible mark you could imagine. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Probably already been said but to me it looks like Carlin is putting Layla in all the clothes she wished she wore as a preteen. Or dressing up a dolly.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 16
  • Thank You 1

I gotta say, I wish I had the time and energy to do my hair like Carlin. I washed it this morning and used a bunch of products but I just don't have the energy to blow it out or anything. So I'm just walking around with super soft but puffy hair.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, pupper said:

Probably already been said but to me it looks like Carlin is putting Layla in all the clothes she wished she wore as a preteen. Or dressing up a dolly.

I agree. Layla’s fugly outfits look like Carlin’s wish fulfillment. Alternatively Carlin sees a rack of baby clothes and picks based on what she thinks is cute or trendy, without regard for such practical concerns as how they will wear, weather appropriateness, tripping/choking hazards, will the outfit launder after a blow out diaper. Yes, tiny clothes are adorable, but your first concern should be the tiny human who is going to wear them. 

I can only hope Layla will develop taste which is the polar opposite of Carlin’s, and that she doesn’t hesitate to express it as soon as she is able. I also hope Carlin doesn’t do matchy sibling outfits when #2 arrives. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Weather sites tell me it was 65 and rainy yesterday at silver dollar city. That is pretty cold for my southern Californian butt. I couldn’t imagine wearing a crop tube top and shorts. 

she also posted a picture later in the stories of Layla using a sweater like a blanket. 

basically I don’t trust Carlin to know if her child is cold. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Weather sites tell me it was 65 and rainy yesterday at silver dollar city. That is pretty cold for my southern Californian butt. I couldn’t imagine wearing a crop tube top and shorts. 

she also posted a picture later in the stories of Layla using a sweater like a blanket. 

basically I don’t trust Carlin to know if her child is cold. 

I’m on the central CA coast and it was 55 here yesterday. You would have thought it was 10 degrees. I was so cold! 

• Upvote 4

On 10/9/2021 at 5:13 PM, AuntCloud said:

Yup, I won the MTHFR shite lottery and had two complicated pregnancies. Pre-eclampsia and IUGR with both as the placenta was full of blood clots (that’s a nice dinner party conversation topic). I made my girls swear up and down to please please demand to talk to a hematologist before they consider going on any hormonal birth control because blood clots are not to be messed with. 

ETA I had no clue I had clotting issues until pregnancy, I do have chronic hypertension that started in my 20’s. 

Is there a link between MTHFR and pre-eclampsia? I had it with my first and third kids, to the point where they both had to be delivered early.

Edited by Jasmar
Riffle
  • Upvote 2

Annoying Carlin Instagram story, she's on her way to her see her doctor and keeps taking her mask off because she thinks we can't hear her.  We can hear you just fine Carlin.

She's then talking about a gender reveal because she can't wait to know "if it's a girl or boy or not".  It made me think how would they deal with it if the baby was an "or not" (ambiguous sex)... I pray such babies are never born into fundie families.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Carlin, the “professional” vloggers I follow of the Mormon Family variety typically used a disposable mask while vlogging in public where masks are required because it’s easier to be understood than with a cloth mask.  Just saying,  

On 10/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Annoying Carlin Instagram story, she's on her way to her see her doctor and keeps taking her mask off because she thinks we can't hear her.  We can hear you just fine Carlin.

She's then talking about a gender reveal because she can't wait to know "if it's a girl or boy or not".  It made me think how would they deal with it if the baby was an "or not" (ambiguous sex)... I pray such babies are never born into fundie families.

If an intersex child would be born within a fundie family, I'm pretty sure they'd choose a gender to raise the child. And yes in this case, the word gender is approriate - because we're talking about the social construct. 

In their mind, it's not realy posible to be anything other than male OR female. Fundies' conception of gender is so binary, I doubt they'd never let a child simply ''be''. :(

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

This dress is hideous. 

Took me a while to see the dress as I was distracted by the filtering. Put the phones down Bateseses and walk away from the filters.

• Upvote 5

I know they’re not shamrocks, but at first glance, that’s what I saw. That would make a “fun” St. Patrick’s Day dress if she was going out to the bars with the Catholics.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

But it's ok because Carlin said Layla sweats a lot.

I love the naked hippy baby....Run free and be wild you naked hippy baby Layla!!!

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Took me a while to see the dress as I was distracted by the filtering. Put the phones down Bateseses and walk away from the filters.

If you asked me to name the celebrity based solely on that photo, I would say Celine Dion. That picture is so filtered it looks nothing like Carlin. 

And yes, that’s an ugly dress. Carlin does so much better with styling when she isn’t making a conscious effort. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Josie looks pretty crap in the back too. 

Josie's is absolutely horrible when you see the full thing and shoes. She's usually got a good sense of style but this was a miss. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Josie looks pretty crap in the back too. 

Josie’s is worse than Carlins IMO. Her outfit proves that just being on trend doesn’t mean you look good. It’s all very trendy and very ugly. The ruched satin in brown with the white boots. 

53213AC8-D090-4603-8B7F-2B24F66D78B8.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic