IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 17: Naschitti

samurai_sarah

47 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Hide contents

Not sure what the joke is supposed to be here - people lied about voting for Biden, not voting for Biden, Biden voters can't do math, what?!

image.png.5d6ffccce826771ea9a0581c3e64381e.png

Is it a clumsy joke about ballot fraud (like, 4 people actually voted for Biden, but 9 were tabulated for him)?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

Is it a clumsy joke about ballot fraud (like, 4 people actually voted for Biden, but 9 were tabulated for him)?

Oh, of course! I didn't even think of that.

But then, I'm not walking around thinking there was fraud, six months later.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

He manages to make the Blood of the Lamb sound like a laundry detergent. Well, I suppose it does have enzymes...

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

14 hours ago, postscript said:

Reading through his Facebook posts again (I really need a life!), I note he’s offering a “packet of information” to prospective churches. Why is this even necessary when there’s ample evidence of his preaching and Becky’s music stylings on his Facebook page? They could just stream one of his many videoed sermons and skip Gary’s begging visit. 

I wonder what it says about housing in those packets.  From what Gary tells us, it appears that these little churches are expected to provide lodging for him.  Maybe he says that they don't need to pay him (but he does expect a "love offering" to offset travel costs), but they will need to give him a place to stay.  That's easier for churches with accommodations like an empty parsonage or beds somewhere in the church buildings.  Do they ask the congregation to allow Gary to use someone's house?  Do they take up special collections to pay for motel rooms?  When some of these churches have less than 20 church members, how can they afford this?  

I think Gary brags on the meals to shame all the churches into feeding him.  He's managed to turn freeloading into a religious calling.  I guess Becky's Tupperware money keeps them afloat between gigs.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12

Sunday evening service at Calvary Bible Baptist in Elbridge, NY - I fast-forwarded to Gary's contribution (well, I did notice that Becky is back to singing Preach On right before Gary starts yammering).

After his mock disgust at their inability to yell Amen loudly enough when he asks who's glad to be in church, Gary quickly gets on the topic of knowing where a good Chinese restaurant is. "Ya just gotta wear a glove. First tahm ah was innerduced ta that stinkin' glove, ah was in Tennessee, an' here they wantcha ta put two gloves on, and ah done it real good, ah put that thing ohn Frahdy naht, 'n' broke it. Then ah throwed it on the table, then ah put one glove on. When ah was in Tennessee, ah used mah raht hand, 'cause ah'm raht handed, an' ah put the glove on mah left hand, mah wahf's over there laughin', ah say 'What're you laughin' about?' She said 'at least you put the gloves on.' _____ (mumble), so, but . . . Amen! Ah'm glad we're, ah'm glad we're where we're at, 'cause we weren't where we were at we wouldn't be close to the Lord's comin', Amen? And so, uh, we're soon gittin' outta this place, uh ah thank God for it."

"First time I was introduced to that stinkin' glove, I was in Tennessee" sounds like the opening line from a song that would be written for a sequel to This Is Spinal Tap, if the band had taken up Country Western music.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+6%3A1-14&version=KJV

KJV: sea of Tiberias
Bro Gary Version: sea of Terris

KJV: Two hundred pennyworth of bread
BGV: Two hundred  pen - penceworth of bread

KJV:  One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him,
BGV:  One of his disciples, answered Simon Peter's brother, said unto them,

Among many other errors, of course.

Gary's title (which he has trouble saying), is Little is Much is When God is in It. Yes, with the extra "is," which he says every time he repeats it, which is after announcing most of the Bible readings.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but he usually restates his title or theme as they are turning pages looking for whatever reading he has announced, sometimes prefacing his title with "ah'm talkin' 'bout," which is, of course, a song cue for the theme from Shaft.

He talks about his tent, and being grateful if even one person gets saved in it, the teenager from Florida who apologized to her father, and how he wishes Jacob would do that.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus+3%3A1-7&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus+3%3A14&version=KJV

KJV: Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
BGV: Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father. In law, the priest of the mediums: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Harem.

KJV: And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
BGV: And the Lord saw that uh he - he turned aside to seek God. Called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I man it'd be great if ever'body just do that, amen?

Gary screams about Moses for a while. Moses became a great leader for Jesus Christ, and the ancient Hebrews must have had a Baptist congregation, because all they did was complain.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+17%3A28-29&version=KJV

KJV: And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness?
BGV: And - and - and Ee - Eliab his elder brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab angels - anger was kindled against Moses  - against David, and he said, Why cometh thou down hither? and with whom hast thou lifted -  left those few sheep in the wilderness?

"Here is another sheep - person, somebody hangin' out with the sheep, somebody that, uh, he killed some liuns 'n' some barrs, amen."

There is a cause ("cawoosss," repeated about 40 times over the next section of the message). Gary, with his "not namin' no names" preface, says he was at a place, just for listening, that is "for restorin' people."

Gee, I wonder if that is David Hyles' Camp for Sunken Sinners. Gary, I thought that you were so proud that you went there.

He screams about what a sad day it is that the brethren would rather kick you and run their mouths about you, but Gary loves it when they do that to him.

Old time preachers (he lists a bunch) never bad-mouthed each other.

"Timothy told Paul - uh, Paul told Timothy - you better hang ohhhn!"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+3%3A16-17&version=KJV

Little is much if you won't bow down to the world.

"When yer music goes contemp'ry, the next thing ta go is yer Bahble."

Gary shouts resentfully about how he'll preach "no matter who it harelips," because God told him to. He won't sell out. He screams about people who say they're saved but don't dress right, including preachers.

While telling them how God supplies his every need, Gary throws in how high gas prices were under Obama. But Gary's God is rich, and will "take keer" of him.

With a little help from the people you are screaming at, Gary.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+18%3A12-14&version=KJV

Little is much is when we see one soul saved.

Gary walks up some long driveways when he goes soulwinning. He doesn't understand why people have long driveways in Yankee land, where the snow falls and they have to plow it every day. "It don't make no sense to me."

Gary says it's "fun" when people scream and curse at him when he is knocking on doors.

"Ah don't need a permit, ya say wha? Ah ain't workin' for the gov'ment, ah'm workin' for God. Amen? Ah know what's in mah Constitution. Yeah, they tryin' t'take it away from us."

And we're on to the electric chair fantasy.

"As long as we keep what we got in the White House, it's comin'."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+18%3A19-20&version=KJV

Gary tells them his entire schedule of preaching and travel for the previous month, including the times he arrived places and went to sleep.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+1%3A1-14&version=KJV

He says he's not going to read all of this, for time, then reads all the boring bits. He massacres most of it, including:

KJV: And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
BGV: And it was - and it come to pass, that while he excused the priests office. Before God in the order of his course,

Then he skips to:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+1%3A17-20&version=KJV

And mumbles "Lemme see if ah kin git to where ah'm tryin' to git to, if ah kin figure it out." Long silence, then:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+1%3A25-27&version=KJV

KJV: Thus hath the Lord dealt with me
BGV: Thus sayeth the Lord dealt with me

The sixth month becomes the sixth hour, espoused becomes "expoused," and he again says he's not going to read it all, and lets them know it's "where Mary was found with the child of Jesus."

Gary makes sure they know that God didn't choose Mary so the Catholics could say "we got Mary and Joseph, we need to worship them." He just wanted her as a vessel.

Gary yells and prattles about being a vessel for a while.

That man who was brought to church in Ohio, who Gary thinks was under conviction, comes up again, and Gary says now he can never say he'd never heard the plan of salvation, because Gary is a vessel, even though he is not worthy.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts+2%3A14&version=KJV

Some people need God to break them, and to repent, to be a good vessel.

And we hear the story of Gary's recent trials, the three flat tires, with all of the details of time and place, and his insults about not letting Becky drive because she's such a bad driver: "Ah'm  thinkin' 'bout takin' her lahcense away from her."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts+17%3A1-6&version=KJV

KJV: Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica,
BGV: Now when they had passed through . . . . them people - they came to Thessalonia,

KJV: Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered
BGV: Opening all that alliga - allih - (we hear Becky and someone else say "alleging") - yeah , them words, that Christ must needs have suffered

KJV: And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude,
BGV: And some of them believed, and confirmed with Paul and Silas; and of the devoured Greek a great multitude,

Mmmmm, devoured Greek . . .  moussaka, spanikopita, keftedes . . . oh, sorry - lost in reverie there.

Like Paula and Silas and James, Gary doesn't want his name "pop'lized." He doesn't want fame or acclaim, he just wants the world to hear about Jesus, who was spitten upohn and mowked.

Gary tells them about a woman who didn't open her door, and talked to them through some sort of technology he didn't understand, and told them to take the tract with them when they left, she was all set. He adds, in a sad voice: "Y'know what? On Judgment Day, she won't be set."

But Gary's not going to quit "because she rejected God."

Gary spins his rapture fantasy about how all of the unsaved will see their deserted cars in the parking lot on Monday.

You better get saved, the rich man is in torment.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 11

7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

the teenager from Florida who apologized to her father, and how he wishes Jacob would do that.

What does he think Jacob should be apogising for? And does it ever occur to Gary that maybe he should apologise to Jacob or his father or basically anyone?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

What does he think Jacob should be apogising for? And does it ever occur to Gary that maybe he should apologise to Jacob or his father or basically anyone?

It's just one of his standard "teenagers, amirite?" lines. They are a matched set with his "women, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em" lines.

I was about to say they come from decades ago, but these would be bargain basement insult comic lines in any generation.

I have no idea if Gary ever utters the words "I'm sorry" to anyone. If he is the narcissist he seems to be, he either doesn't ever say it, or it is just lip service.

The Hawkins family just had a schedule! I think you left out a word there, BeckyGary.

Spoiler

image.png.fe654002a1429811a8f44043ad97295d.png

A question:

Spoiler

image.png.83478911a80990ad6f1528803e871f5a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 9

At Wednesday evening service at Calvary Bible Baptist in Elbridge NY, after the congregational singing, there is a long pause before the Hawkinses come to the piano. Maybe they weren't ready.

After they sing, Gary tells us how "tahm goes bah real real fast," and, of course, reminds them that they are soon gettin' outta there. He says his thank-yous, including for the opportunity to knock on doors: "As usual, we had the different people; had those that rejected, has those that accepted, has those that talked a little bit, 'n' those that just took the tract. But, you know what? Ah'm glad the results is upta God amen?"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms+118%3A1-7&version=KJV

KJV: The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
Bro Gary Version: The Lord is my sahd; I will not fear what man - what - what can man do unto me?

KJV: The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
BGV: The Lord taketh part - taketh mah part with them that help me: therefore I see mah desires. Upon them. That hate me.

Gary's theme is The Lord Bein' On Our Side. Some predictable Garyshit follows, about the World being against him, the KJV being the only Bible, etc.

"But the Lord is on mah sahd look in - turn in your Bahbles to Psalms chapter 40, ah may not be very long, ah don't know, ah just bin sittin' around  there ah ah we been out knockin' on doors in the uh night - evenin' tahm 'n' uh in the daytime ah haven't done a whole lot. Ah changed mah oil in mah van yesterday ah guess it was but other than that we ain't done a whole lot ah bin goin' so ah bin doin' a little bitta restin' but just got to ponderin' on somethin' for tonight, 'n' so it may not be very long but it's whatever it is it is verses 40 ah mean chapter 40 verses 2 the Bahble says 'He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the mary clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and extablished my goings."

Whew, Gary! That was a very long stream of unconsciousness to tell us that your message may be short tonight. Not if you keep doing that, it won't!

Gary knows God is on his side because He came to him, took him out the pit, and set him on the solid rock. Then we get lots of Garyshit about people in the church backstabbing.

Psalm 37:23 - KJV: The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
BGV: The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and his delight is in his ways.

Not huge errors, but just another example of how Gary can't even get through the shortest, simplest reading without changing things in the text he keeps screaming about being sacred, error-free and actually God in word form.

He immediately follows this with: "Ah tell ya another reason ah know he's ohn mah sahd because the steps of a good man listen hey we need to be steppin' in God's way what is it uh Roman - uh Psalms 23 says the Lord is mah shepherd ah shall not want, he mock - the Lord is mah shepherd ah shall not want, he leadeth me in the path of righteousness the right way amen leading him the order of a man listen hey if you're borned again saved by the grace of God you should wanna be in the order of the Lord."

Gary, if you wanted to use Psalm 23, why didn't you just . . . . oh, never mind.

People are watching to make sure you're coming to church.

"What ah see in America is - 'n' ah thought about it a whahl ago whenever ah walked back there to go to the bathroom ah thought about this listen it durin' this pandemic, what ah seen is people goin' backwards insteada goin' forwards."

Gary, a little preaching tip - mentioning that you were on your way to the bathroom tends to take all of the depth and profundity out of a statement. Not to mention that thinking of the bathroom and the words "people goin' backwards" makes for some strange images for anyone with an imagination and an inner 12-year-old.

And he is back to complaining about people who continued going to "Walmarts," etc., but not to church, the media, masks, "so-called doctors," and fearing "the Corona" more than God.

He uses the word "frenemy" and waits for his laugh, as usual, at this brilliant new word that they must never had heard before. "Some of y'all'll git that after a while. Ah know y'all up here y'all don't like humor ah mean y'all don't like to laugh, that's OK."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A12&version=KJV

Again, lots of errors in this short verse.

God is on Gary's side because "he didn't look for mah ability, he looked for mah availability."

This is the second time Gary has used this one - he must have stolen it from somebody recently. It's another version of "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called," and a great excuse for people like Gary who are really shitty at winning people over to Jesus.

"It is required for a student to be ah mean a steward to be found faithful."

Gary shouts about how he's not looking for pats on the back, he makes people mad, because the truth makes people mad.

No, Gary - you make people mad because you enjoy it.

On to the mess in America, and the book of martyrs that Gary can't pronounce. He screams that preachers these days are "a bunch of sissies that wouldn't stand up for a stinkin' nap, if it meant their life," let alone stand up for God.

Gary, wouldn't standing up for a nap be impractical, unless you're a horse?

He bleats on about soulwinning and how he badgered people on their porches. He looked past one man into his house and said he'd better "make sure he had the goods" of salvation for those kids of his.

He gets on the tombstone thing - he jokes about how Becky has to spend his life insurance on getting "mah engravement on mah tombstone."

At his funeral, he wants people to know that Gary preached what he believed, and that it was worth the traveling, and the gas money and food money that he spent.

Gary, you love the traveling, and the gas, food and lodging all come from other people.

Psalms 41:11 - KJV: By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
BGV: Bah this ah know that thou favoureth me, because mine enemies doth not trumpet over me.

God's on Garys side because he protects him from his enemies. Gary wants his enemies to go to Heaven, he says, then mentions that vengeance is the Lord's.

Win-win, eh, Gary?

"Was a guy in South Carolina when he found out how corrupt for the most part that the Southern Baptists are, he said 'Amma start a independent Baptist church but ah am not going to walk away from mah brethren, we will still be friends.' Well, when he started the independent Baptist church he didn't haveta leave his friends, he didn't getta stay with his friends, because his ene - his frenemies left him."

Gary could "duwell" on his enemies, but he'd rather "duwell" on God. Of course, at this point, he's been going on about his enemies for quite a while, so I think he might just be dwelling on them a bit.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms+35%3A27-28&version=KJV

Be grateful that God is on your side.

Psalms 73:26 - KJV: My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
BGV: Mah flesh and mah heart fadeth: but God is the strength of mah heart, and of mah portions for ever.

Gary knows God is on his side because He gives him strength. He tells about a man he overheard talking to Brother George while out soulwinning, who only wanted to talk politics, and "kep' on mentionin'  'the South, the South, the South,' ah know what the problem, you don't haveta tell me. Ah'm from there. But all the politician are ba - but in - Brother George would keep on 'n' 'n' we left. And y'know it gits flustrating whenever somebody just wants t'just bad mouth yer God, amen?"

:confusion-shrug:

More shouting about God being on one's side (as long as everybody comes to church, that is).

Gary announces Psalms 16:7, and reads Job 16:7, which is a funny error, considering his theme (But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company).  Of course he reads "dossolation" for desolate, and some other errors. He says it's God's instruction, reads the entire next verse, and repeats that it is God' instruction, before realizing his error.

"No wonder - ah'm in Job - ah knew that didn't make no sense."

Well, not right away you didn't, Gary.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms+16%3A7&version=KJV

Gary knows God's on his side, because He gives him instructions.

He tells us how he shows love, and how he bought Becky a new dress at the mall (he makes sure we know he hates the mall). Gary, while he refers to Resurrection Sunday, finds it OK to refer to the time of year as "Easter season" and Becky's new garment as an Easter dress.

Gary gets all excited about elders - don't worship the gray-haired men, but respect them, if they're "worth their honor, Amen! Ah give it to 'em, that can instruct raht, listen hey but ah'm beginnin' to wonder sometahm how many the Bable says in Tahtus for the uhuhuhuh - uh, Timothy ah believe it is - no, Tahtus, 'n' it says for the women ta uhuh teach the younger, and the elderly women? Ahmanna tell ya raht now an' ah'm not bein' mean ah'm not bein' ugly there's some elderly women ah know that will never teach mah children, not when we have any say-so of it."

Gary rambles on with some faux-modest shit about needing instruction, and how he prays for it and watches other preachers to learn.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms+27%3A1&version=KJV

You better make sure you're saved. Eternity's a long time.

A brief flurry of tract stories, (Gary tries to stop at rest areas, he tells us, because he hates "this mask mandate junk, ah hate it"), his fantasy about people approaching him in Heaven to tell him they are there because of him, then reassurance that "our wahves may dah on us, our wahves may take off on us, our children may leave, 'n' they're fastly doin' that," but God is on your side.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 13

So Gary doesn't like women.  He doesn't like children.  He doesn't like animals.  He doesn't like to work.  He makes other people pay for his food and lodging.  He drives around the country criticizing the congregations and repeating every sexist or racist line that he's ever heard.  And he thinks God is on his side?

Nope, Gary.  Nopity, nope, nope.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

question:

Hide contents

image.png.83478911a80990ad6f1528803e871f5a.png

Good question there Gary. So why aren't you out there feeding the hungry, visiting the prisoners, clothing the poor, comforting the afflicted and seeking justice? Why aren't you treating children as valuable and precious? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary announces Psalms 16:7, and reads Job 16:7,

How on earth?! I mean yes, they're sequential, but how do you not notice?!

Then we get lots of Garyshit about people in the church backstabbing

I swear these people turn up partly for the gossip - does he get specific?

Gary could "duwell" on his enemies, but he'd rather "duwell" on God. Of course, at this point, he's been going on about his enemies for quite a while, so I think he might just be dwelling on them a bit.

Sincerely hope his bookings are dropping off. Making people mad just tends to, well, not make them want to have you back.

Gary rambles on with some faux-modest shit about needing instruction, and how he prays for it and watches other preachers to learn.

Well to steal their material at least.

Ahmanna tell ya raht now an' ah'm not bein' mean ah'm not bein' ugly there's some elderly women ah know that will never teach mah children, not when we have any say-so of it."

So Gary, tell us more about your issues. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

He always announces these “themes” for his sermons, but what comes out is always the same Garyshit, just garbled in a new way. He tells some of these stories at every stop. Can’t help wondering if he plans any of these talks, or if he just wings it. 

“Flustrate” - he is good for new words every once in a while. 

He is also reliably good for TMI (here, informing us he had a thought on his way to the bathroom, but we’ve learned his opinions on far too many subjects that should be kept private). 

He also reliably lets us know every time he does something nice for Becky (buys her a new dress, takes her to the ocean, takes her to Walmart’s). Don’t sprain your hand patting yourself on the back, Gary. 

“Mine enemies doth not trumpet over me” - scrolling through, I initially read that as “frumper.” 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Gary did a live video while driving. We get these lovely expressions at the start:

Spoiler

image.png.cef813e6bd783a6275fec55088893d4b.pngimage.png.1e65e4f09166c86067dcf162f8c30e82.png

He screams over a song, turned up to high volume, and his GPS gives him loud directions, as well. It's a cacophony.

He takes his hands off of the wheel to clap. He looks away from the road to look at the phone. He does that obnoxious fake laugh.

Nothing new in what he screams. It's mostly about Jesus being in control (I hope He can control that minivan) and there being only one way to Heaven.

He plays the song twice. The second time, he promises that he'll be quiet and let us hear it. He does some short shouts or sings along, trying to keep his word. But he is scream-preaching and drowning it out again by the second verse.

Then he plays another song - the one with bits stolen from The Police. Gary screams over it.

Another song, and Gary yells and screams and ignores his driving some more.

Jacob is in the back seat, looking miserable.

Edited by thoughtful
fixing spoiler
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 9

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

So Gary, tell us more about your issues. 

Gary doesn't have just issues.  He has the whole doggone subscription!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

He tells us how he shows love, and how he bought Becky a new dress at the mall (he makes sure we know he hates the mall). Gary, while he refers to Resurrection Sunday, finds it OK to refer to the time of year as "Easter season" and Becky's new garment as an Easter dress.

Better than a Resurrection dress, I guess?

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Xan said:

So Gary doesn't like women.  He doesn't like children.  He doesn't like animals.  He doesn't like to work.  He makes other people pay for his food and lodging.  He drives around the country criticizing the congregations and repeating every sexist or racist line that he's ever heard.  And he thinks God is on his side?

Nope, Gary.  Nopity, nope, nope.  

I dunno... the Old Testament god is a pretty horrible person. He might be on Gary's side.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, thoughtful said:

He screams over a song, turned up to high volume, and his GPS gives him loud directions, as well. It's a cacophony.

If there is supposed to be a link on the word song, there is no link. The other two songs were linked.

Is Jacob still traveling with Becky and Gary?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Nothing new in what he screams. It's mostly about Jesus being in control (I hope He can control that minivan) and there being only one way to Heaven

Through the windshield?

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Jacob is in the back seat, looking miserable.

Poor Jacob, I hope he can escape soon.

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Poor Jacob, I hope he can escape soon.

Jacob is old enough now to maybe be able to choose where he's rather live.  My guess is either that the other situation is even worse that traveling with Gary and Becky or that he's been homeschooled and indoctrinated so much that he feels like he wouldn't fit in if put in a regular school.  As in most cases with fundie families, the kids are the victims.  It looks like Gary got to the older brother who we've seen "preaching".  I don't know how much hope we should have on Jacob escaping.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

On 3/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, thoughtful said:

Gary wants them to think about what people would say walking by your casket. People from work, or church, or "Walmarts - or wherever it is that you spend a lot of your tahm or whatever."

Gary, I don't expect strangers who happened to be in a store at the same time I was to attend my funeral. YMMV.

When Gary gets going on his Walmarts[sic] schtick I can't shake the thought that he was ejected from a Walmart for god-bothering the customers and therein lies his dislike of the entire chain.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Xan said:

Jacob is old enough now to maybe be able to choose where he's rather live.  My guess is either that the other situation is even worse that traveling with Gary and Becky or that he's been homeschooled and indoctrinated so much that he feels like he wouldn't fit in if put in a regular school.  As in most cases with fundie families, the kids are the victims.  It looks like Gary got to the older brother who we've seen "preaching".  I don't know how much hope we should have on Jacob escaping.

I would guess the latter, although it's obviously only a guess. His brother-in-law seems to not be as far into the cult, so perhaps there's hope there. Mostly though I hope he gets offered a job through one of the churches and stays on with Gary's blessing. Just not being part of the travelling circus and having space from his parents would be beneficial I think, even if he's still in the cult.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I'm always relieved when I go to Bro Gary's Facebook page and he's just posting gibberish instead of preaching while driving.

We've got this:

1850250417_Screenshot(4493).png.9e2e65a51faac30dcdd89e5ff8b16183.png

And then there's this confusing word salad:

52030933_Screenshot(4492).png.401b655ac32935fe7e0d3e1a535a0efd.png

I guess the LORD doesn't need you out there preaching for Him but He wants you to do it anyway?  

No, Gar.  That isn't "something to think about".

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

Make what?  Arts & crafts?  Make love not war?  Make do?  MAKE WHAT?  Clarification, Gary.  We need clarification.

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Dana723 said:

Make what?  Arts & crafts?  Make love not war?  Make do?  MAKE WHAT?  Clarification, Gary.  We need clarification.

I had a friend once who referred to peeing as "making".  She once asked her little boy, "Can you go make for Mama, please?"  So, arrested adolescent that I am, when I read "I couldn't make without Jesus", I figured that Gary needed the Lord's help to pee.

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

And he's back on Facebook.

First we have:

1492151537_Screenshot(4496).png.a908e7dc1a28a0facc66e923dd3851f8.png

Does he want the parentheses on his tombstone too?  Also, what is this "by way of the grave"?  Is he still hoping to get raptured up instead of dying?  

And:

278053381_Screenshot(4498).png.d81d2f6b2ad5d091f8b019026840ace7.png

Somebody has been talking smack about Bro Gary.  Wonder what this is about?  There are so many possibilities...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic